Kenneth Vermeer

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Wie kent Cees de Wolf nog
AT Toto winner 09/10

Re: Kenneth Vermeer

Bericht door Wie kent Cees de Wolf nog » vr apr 12, 2013 8:53 pm

As a matter of fact, I díd realize this, including the one he saved at Dortmund away, moments before the penalty shootout in Bucharest started. 10 minutes later the illusion of Kenneth The Great Penalty Killer was vaporized.
“Freedom! Football is freedom.” Bob Marley

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma sep 23, 2013 10:09 am

Right. Something must be done. It's Cillessen-time, if you ask me.

K.
Still alive...

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » ma sep 23, 2013 11:51 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Right. Something must be done. It's Cillessen-time, if you ask me.

K.
I don't agree. Unfortunately Cillessen is not a better goalkeeper than Vermeer. As Cillessen has been promised to goaltend all the KNVB Beker matches he will be playing against Volendam on Wednesday. But I hope (and expect and believe, just trust my sources) Frankie will choose for Kenneth Vermeer during the matches against Go Ahead Eagles and AC Milan.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma sep 23, 2013 12:12 pm

My take on the two players: Vermeer - fantastic shot blocker, poor on set pieces and when caught in traffic, often makes the wrong choice between catching and punching, poor kicker, and slow to distribute the ball (though he has improved this latter aspect of his game over the last two seasons; Cillessen - good on balls in the traffic and on set pieces, distributes the ball quickly and with authority, decent kicker.

It's a tough call between the two players and Vermeer has the slight edge because the #1 skill is to block shots. Unfortunately, his errors over the past three seasons have largely been on set pieces and in traffic and this has cost the club some wins. Who will ever forget the horror show against Utrecht a couple of years ago? :baaa.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Plaats reactie