Personal Introductions Thread

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Ayman

Re: Personal Introductions Thread

Bericht door Ayman » di dec 01, 2009 12:41 pm

Hey Guys!

Im back.. How is everybody? Its been a long time, maybe 6 months or so...most of you wont remember me except Ko, SE6Ajacied, Jim and a few others

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di dec 01, 2009 5:43 pm

Ayman schreef:Hey Guys!

Im back.. How is everybody? Its been a long time, maybe 6 months or so...most of you wont remember me except Ko, SE6Ajacied, Jim and a few others
Welcome back! Where have you been?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di dec 01, 2009 7:10 pm

Welcome back, Ayman! :biggthumpup.gif:

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di dec 01, 2009 7:16 pm

Hi Ayman - hope it was nice wherever you've ben.....
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di dec 01, 2009 9:38 pm

Hi there Ayman.

Hope you're well, where've you been?
... or shouldn't we ask ....
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » di dec 01, 2009 9:53 pm

Welcome back Ayman! I miss our telephone conversations! :biggthumpup.gif:

Good to see you back mate.
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo dec 02, 2009 2:21 pm

Welcome back Ayman

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma dec 07, 2009 6:30 pm

Thank you everybody...Ive been busy with serious stuff...Il let you guys know in due time... nice to see you all, raymon,Ko,Amol,Se16 and everybody else..Il speak to you guys soon.

Jari Litmanen

Bericht door Jari Litmanen » za dec 12, 2009 1:48 pm

Hey there!

My real name is Leif Bäckman Lindqvist, and I'm a 26 year old Ajax fan from Sweden. I first started to cheer for Ajax back in 92, when I was only 9 years old. It's a pretty uncommon thing to do for a 9 year old Swedish guy, and I still can't figure out what actually made me look into the dutch Eredivisie instead of the Swedish Allsvenskan. However, that's something I don't regret at all today :) I like to consider myself one of the really true Ajax supportes from Sweden, eventhough I haven't seen a single game Live (that will most likely change however, since I met a dutch girl 3 years ago, and we live together today.)

My favorite player of all time is, ofcourse, Jari Litmanen, the king of Ajax if you ask me :)

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za dec 12, 2009 1:53 pm

Welcome Jari. He was indeed a great player for us.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » za dec 12, 2009 2:09 pm

Jari Litmanen schreef:Hey there!

My real name is Leif Bäckman Lindqvist, and I'm a 26 year old Ajax fan from Sweden. I first started to cheer for Ajax back in 92, when I was only 9 years old. It's a pretty uncommon thing to do for a 9 year old Swedish guy, and I still can't figure out what actually made me look into the dutch Eredivisie instead of the Swedish Allsvenskan. However, that's something I don't regret at all today :) I like to consider myself one of the really true Ajax supportes from Sweden, eventhough I haven't seen a single game Live (that will most likely change however, since I met a dutch girl 3 years ago, and we live together today.)

My favorite player of all time is, ofcourse, Jari Litmanen, the king of Ajax if you ask me :)
Welcome! There's a guy named Per that used to post here. I think he was Swedish. Whatever happened to him?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » za dec 12, 2009 6:02 pm

Jari Litmanen schreef:Hey there!

Welcome! Great story - it's always good to get our hooks in 'em when they're young! :ajaxscarf.gif:
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

Flipster81

Bericht door Flipster81 » vr nov 26, 2010 8:09 pm

Hi guys and girls...

My name is Phil or Flip whichever you prefer, I'm originally from Wales but live in Reykjavik, Iceland with my Icelandic girlfriend.

I got Ajacied as a 6 or 7 year old, my grandfather had old cine-film of the 70's boys and the 70's Oranje which he used to sit me in front of and tell me "Thats real football, played by real footballers" then he'd tell me everything he knew about his favourite players of the time, Cruyff, Neeskens, Krol and Gerry Muhren so i inevitably fell under the spell of 'Total Football' and that was it. Ajax forever!!

He was an Ajax and Tottenham fan. When we watched the 1995 final together it was a very happy moment in my life, I was 13 years old and he got to see his no.1 team lift the trophy again before he passed.

He left me 2 books which are never far away from me: Rinus Michels: Teambuilding... & The Coaching Philosophies of Louis van Gaal. To which I am always consulting to bring the glory days back on Football Manager :biggrin.gif:

My favorite Ajax players of my lifetime are:

Litmanen
Chivu
van der Vaart
van Halst
Seedorf
and Zlatan (but more because of recent times than his Ajax stint).
T.I.P.S.= Technique, insight, personality and speed, this is the Ajax way.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za nov 27, 2010 12:08 pm

welcome to this site Phil always good to hear the views of a newcomer.

arizonaajax
Contacteer:

Bericht door arizonaajax » di jan 25, 2011 2:09 am

Hello everyone!

My name is Sean and I have lived in Arizona since late 1995. I grew up in Sterling Hts Michigan where I lived for most of my life up till I graduated from high school in 1988 and I went into the army stationed in Germany for much of my 4 years.

I have loved this wonderful sport since around 1980 when I started playing. Thankfully with full internet access to find out news, talk to fellow supporters, and to stream matches along with soccer(football) specific cable channels it is so much easier to follow it from where ever on this silly planet one resides.

I first became aware of Ajax from first following the Dutch National team at each world cup and Euro Cup growing up.

I have been to Amsterdam once but wasn't able to make it to a match. I am just odd like that. :confused.gif:

I won't make that mistake on all future trips starting with hopefully September 2011.

I work at Intel dealing with what eventually becomes wonderful microchips for computers.

I love loud metal and rock music. I have one slightly weight challenged cat that does NOT look like this---> :blackcat.gif:

I collect a lot of body art. I started back in 1990 in Wurzburg Germany.

It is nice to meet everyone! :biggthumpup.gif:

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jan 25, 2011 2:34 am

arizonaajax schreef:Hello everyone!

My name is Sean and I have lived in Arizona since late 1995. I grew up in Sterling Hts Michigan where I lived for most of my life up till I graduated from high school in 1988 and I went into the army stationed in Germany for much of my 4 years.

I work at Intel dealing with what eventually becomes wonderful microchips for computers.

Welcome to the site (from the one who gave you link :biggthumpup.gif: ). I'm also an Intel stockholder so keep up the good work!!!!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

arizonaajax
Contacteer:

Bericht door arizonaajax » di jan 25, 2011 7:19 am

Orange14 schreef:

Welcome to the site (from the one who gave you link :biggthumpup.gif: ). I'm also an Intel stockholder so keep up the good work!!!!

Don't ask me though why are stock remains at it's current level despite how well we do as a company! :confused.gif:

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di jan 25, 2011 7:29 am

I have loved this wonderful sport since around 1980 when I started playing. Thankfully with full internet access to find out news, talk to fellow supporters, and to stream matches along with soccer(football) specific cable channels it is so much easier to follow it from where ever on this silly planet one resides.

I first became aware of Ajax from first following the Dutch National team at each world cup and Euro Cup growing up.

I have been to Amsterdam once but wasn't able to make it to a match. I am just odd like that. :confused.gif:

I won't make that mistake on all future trips starting with hopefully September 2011.

I love loud metal and rock music. I have one slightly weight challenged cat that does NOT look like this---> :blackcat.gif:

I collect a lot of body art. I started back in 1990 in Wurzburg Germany.

Welcome on board! :onfire.gif: :onfire.gif:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo jan 26, 2011 2:46 am

Welcome mate.

I guess it's finally time I wrote something for this thread. Been onboard since the Soccerpages days, and before that the Ajax mailing list (remember that?). Although I only post occasionally I read practically everything that goes on in the English section so I feel like I know some of you guys quite well now. I used to be Tom on soccerpages, but when the board got migrated here someone already had that, so I changed it to Chugger. Never been comfortable with that so I've finally changed it back to Tom_ with a distinguishing underscore.

I've lived in Melbourne, Australia, all my life and been an Ajax fan since the mid to early '90s when I was in my early teens. Back then the only way you could get any football on TV was on SBS, which other Antipodeans will know all about I'm sure. I remember SBS playing three Ajax games in one week, and with their young players, most of whom were home-grown, and their attacking football I was hooked. In fact my story is very similar to what Jim wrote for AjaxUSA ages ago.

It hasn't been easy to follow Ajax from down under. For a while the Eredivisie was on cable TV, then it vanished completely for several years, and there was no way of watching games live until SopCast popped up.

I hack around a bit on a couple of indoor soccer (futsal) teams but the culture here is very different to Europe, I'm sure. You're surrounded by football there whereas here it's the exception rather than the rule. Like several others on here I spend a disproportionate amount of time and money on live music. I'm a scientist by trade, doing my PhD in genetics at the moment. Hoping to finish up sometime this year (it's been a long haul...) and find somewhere interesting to work for a few years. Western Europe is top of my list obviously...

I've been to Amsterdam once, in 2008, and I did get along too see Ajax scrape a 2-1 win against Volendam (the oooooooh PIZZA! game). Hopefully I'll make a few more in the not-too-distant future.

Cheers everyone.

Tom

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo jan 26, 2011 12:57 pm

Tom_ schreef:Welcome mate.

I guess it's finally time I wrote something for this thread. Been onboard since the Soccerpages days, and before that the Ajax mailing list (remember that?). Although I only post occasionally I read practically everything that goes on in the English section so I feel like I know some of you guys quite well now. I used to be Tom on soccerpages, but when the board got migrated here someone already had that, so I changed it to Chugger. Never been comfortable with that so I've finally changed it back to Tom_ with a distinguishing underscore.

I've lived in Melbourne, Australia, all my life and been an Ajax fan since the mid to early '90s when I was in my early teens. Back then the only way you could get any football on TV was on SBS, which other Antipodeans will know all about I'm sure. I remember SBS playing three Ajax games in one week, and with their young players, most of whom were home-grown, and their attacking football I was hooked. In fact my story is very similar to what Jim wrote for AjaxUSA ages ago.

It hasn't been easy to follow Ajax from down under. For a while the Eredivisie was on cable TV, then it vanished completely for several years, and there was no way of watching games live until SopCast popped up.

I hack around a bit on a couple of indoor soccer (futsal) teams but the culture here is very different to Europe, I'm sure. You're surrounded by football there whereas here it's the exception rather than the rule. Like several others on here I spend a disproportionate amount of time and money on live music. I'm a scientist by trade, doing my PhD in genetics at the moment. Hoping to finish up sometime this year (it's been a long haul...) and find somewhere interesting to work for a few years. Western Europe is top of my list obviously...

I've been to Amsterdam once, in 2008, and I did get along too see Ajax scrape a 2-1 win against Volendam (the oooooooh PIZZA! game). Hopefully I'll make a few more in the not-too-distant future.

Cheers everyone.

Tom
Welcome on board (again)!
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

FearNoArt

Bericht door FearNoArt » do apr 07, 2011 1:49 pm

Hi folks
My name is thomas knudsen.. I´m 27 years old and from Denmark..
Have been followed Ajax since 1996, first because of their beatyfull kit and later I saw how wonderfull football could be..
Well have now decided to join you in this site after have been reading your posts in a couple of years..

My english isn´t that good,so you´ve been warned..

We Are One

The Purple Cow Again

Bericht door The Purple Cow Again » do apr 07, 2011 6:46 pm

Wow! I've just read my post from the first page of this thread, seems like half a lifetime ago. Such a lot has happened since then. After my 22 years in Nederland my family moved to the UK at the end of 2009. My wife (an American) settled in well here, but my boys now aged 11, (Amsterdam born and bred) struggled for a while. They found life in Cheshire very difficult at first and struggled to settle, but they are getting there and their school results are slowly getting back to acceptable levels. They are both outstanding young cricketers and already play for their county at age group level, after just one summer in the UK.

(As an aside, It is astonishing how quickly they are losing their Dutch language skills, I know kids learn languages fast, but it seems they forget them just as quickly.)

I'm now making my living as a writer. Nothing exciting, just web content, and such like.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do apr 07, 2011 7:57 pm

The Purple Cow Again schreef:Wow! I've just read my post from the first page of this thread, seems like half a lifetime ago. .
Wow. me too. My 34th birthday in Amsterdam - I'm rapidly approaching 40 now and haven't been to Amsterdam for ages and Ajax for even longer.

Still, hoping to bring my 3 year old daughter over soon, together with the fact that I'm unemployed right now (since January thanks to UK government cuts by the mad axeman) one of the reasons I've not been to NL or Amsterdam for a while - not so easy with a little one to consider but can't say I mind as it's one of the best reasons in the world :headbang.gif: .
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do apr 07, 2011 8:58 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:
The Purple Cow Again schreef:Wow! I've just read my post from the first page of this thread, seems like half a lifetime ago. .
Wow. me too. My 34th birthday in Amsterdam - I'm rapidly approaching 40 now and haven't been to Amsterdam for ages and Ajax for even longer.
For me it was a half lifetime ago!! Last match was spring of 1979 and Ajax played Twente, winning 8-0!! I guess it is time for a return trip to check out the new Arena.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Plaats reactie