Urby Emanuelson

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Re: Urby Emanuelson

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » wo jan 13, 2010 7:47 pm

From what I believe I read on some of the Dutch websites, SPL has it right. I remember some quotes from Jol basically saying that things have changed in regards to salaries, it's good and a player should be happy if a new contract gives them the same or more money than before. Reading between the lines it sounds to me like he hasn't "earned" an increase in the eyes of Ajax management and that he should settle for less because of that along with economic conditions. According to Rik van den Boog this is new policy for Ajax.

Urby's agent claims the new offer "isn't tens of thousands Euros less, but "tons" of Euros." Sounds like both sides are waiting until after the season to resume talks. Because of all this, it sounds to me like Ajax will try to push him out the door this summer and get some money from it.
AFCA

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo jan 13, 2010 10:38 pm

A versatile inconsistent player who does his cry baby when Ajax offer him a contract after he finally played 5 good games in a row? It reminds Nigel de Jong. And I was glad when Nigel de Jong was sold. :blush.gif:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do jan 14, 2010 1:19 pm

He had his ups and downs but I don't think any supporter wants Urby to leave, even if it could improve the club's P&L.
Appie, stay strong !

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jan 14, 2010 1:32 pm

Hopefully they will agree an extension this summer when several high earners who cannot get a starting place are sold .

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » di mei 04, 2010 9:54 am

WTF, Urby can go to PSV this summer?

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di mei 04, 2010 1:47 pm

Van basten schreef:WTF, Urby can go to PSV this summer?
I don't think so as I believe his contract has one more year to run. The question is really whether it is worth keeping him knowing he might be unhappy and if we can get any value from a transfer. Interesting that Anita is called up to the NT and not Urby. I also think Urby will be surplus next year with Lodeiro and Eriksen having a full season to play.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mei 04, 2010 6:48 pm

Urby has said he does not really want to go but his contract extension is a lower sum than the current one. Ajax would not want him to run his contract down and I quess we could get 5or6 m euros for him.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo mei 19, 2010 3:08 pm

Any news about the contract extension ?
Appie, stay strong !

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » wo mei 19, 2010 3:21 pm

Yep. They stopped talking, so it's eather a summertime transfer or he will stay one more year and walk out the door for free.
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo mei 19, 2010 5:14 pm

This is very silly IMO. We should really keep him.
Appie, stay strong !

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di aug 10, 2010 2:10 am

I am not attaching any importance to this observation, but the other day I noticed that we have never won the Eredivisie ever since Urby moved to the first team.

Not saying anything by it at all. But it's weird.

Think14
Contacteer:

Bericht door Think14 » di aug 10, 2010 3:14 pm

I am personally a big supporter of Urby. I feel he contributes a lot to the team and would be difficult to replace, especially the versatility he brings to the team. Can't see how letting him go for free would make any sense at all. Would end up buying some garbage left-winger to replace him and be worse off than we started (a lá Dennis Rommedahl).

www.think14.squarespace.com

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di aug 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Think14 schreef:I am personally a big supporter of Urby. I feel he contributes a lot to the team and would be difficult to replace, especially the versatility he brings to the team. Can't see how letting him go for free would make any sense at all. Would end up buying some garbage left-winger to replace him and be worse off than we started (a lá Dennis Rommedahl).

http://www.think14.squarespace.com
He declined an offered extension last spring. I assume that the management has quietly been shopping him around so that they receive something in return rather to see him go on a Bosman. The fact that he is still here makes me think that there are no offers. There would still be an opportunity to sign him as the season goes on or maybe they want to let him see what the market will be next summer and perhaps agree to match any offer he might receive. I like him as a player and believe that he's on the right team for his skills. I can't see him moving to any of the top ten European teams as he really does not have a defined position to help them out as a first team player. If he wants the big money to be a part time player that's a decision he will have to make.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za okt 16, 2010 12:18 pm

BREAKING NEWS!

Urby - The Make-Over!

Here's the video!

K.
Still alive...

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » zo okt 17, 2010 2:13 am

I saw him on the stream of the NAC game. At first, I was wondering who the new guy was -- then it dawned on me that it was Urby with his locks shorn.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » zo okt 17, 2010 5:23 am

rjf1 schreef:I saw him on the stream of the NAC game. At first, I was wondering who the new guy was -- then it dawned on me that it was Urby with his locks shorn.
Me too.

Nice to see the fans getting behind Urby, too. (Urby we laaten je niet gaan banner in the crowd.)
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo okt 17, 2010 1:05 pm

He looked much faster yesterday! :headbang.gif:

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » zo okt 17, 2010 4:29 pm

Orange14 schreef:He looked much faster yesterday! :headbang.gif:
It's only because he lost the weight from the hair he cut :biggrin.gif:
May the Force be with you

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo nov 03, 2010 12:26 pm

He is not going to sign an extension so will be leaving . Ajax should try and unload him in the winter so they may get say 1m euros .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo nov 03, 2010 12:59 pm

SPL schreef:He is not going to sign an extension so will be leaving . Ajax should try and unload him in the winter so they may get say 1m euros .
Agree with you and €1 M is about all we will get for him, if that. In reality, he is an in betweener; not quite fast enough to play the wing up front and we know he zones in and out of matches at left back. Could he be a decent midfielder? I suspect he will do best in Spain but it's not clear that there is a team who is in need of him (I rule out Barca and Madrid for obvious reasons; I haven't seen enough of the other teams and most are in financial difficulty anyway). Too bad as I think he would do well by staying in Amsterdam but I do understand the desire for more money.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » za nov 06, 2010 2:28 am

i won't be crying about this one. he did well at times, but often was ineffective, in my opinion. we can find somebody else, who won't break the bank. urby will end up with a team like west ham or werder bremen and might do well. might is the key.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » za nov 06, 2010 11:45 am

His performance in Auxerre was really poor. It's kind of a sad ending.
Appie, stay strong !

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za nov 06, 2010 7:09 pm

Would have to say he wont be a great loss as he is not good enough as a full back in defence and is not aleft winger either.I would rather Jol just play Sulejmani up front from now until January break just to see what he really can do .

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » zo nov 07, 2010 9:55 am

I wish he'd just say he'll stay. He's no where as good as Nigel De Jong nor Hedwiges Maduro (who are really the 2 poorest of our departures in the last decade) and he is not going to be first team material anywhere else significant. Does anyone know what he was saying in his latest interview on Ajax TV?
AJACIED

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma nov 08, 2010 1:16 pm

evidently 14 clubs want him !! A useful utility player and Liverpool Everton Hamburg Dortmund all want him plus Juve . I can see him ending up on their subs bench ,mind that is where he should be at Ajax at present.

Gesloten