Hans Vonk

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Hans Vonk

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mei 18, 2005 3:07 pm

Our #1 goalkeeper of this moment did not even have a thread yet... Here it is! Vonk committed to Ajax for another season today. Check the news report on Ajax USA!

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Re: Hans Vonk

Bericht door carcajou » wo mei 18, 2005 8:32 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Our #1 goalkeeper of this moment did not even have a thread yet... Here it is! Vonk committed to Ajax for another season today. Check the news report on Ajax USA!

K.
You're wrong..... Stekelenburg is our n°1..... Or is it Lobont ? Has Vermeer been recently promoted ?? Maybe Raffy has put the gloves on .... ??

Honestly, I'd like it if Blind could make a choice for the keeper spot, because if there's a type of players that need routine and play time, it's keepers.... You know, they are the master of the defence so we need to get players that are used to play with each other.
meh :|

Frans

Re: Hans Vonk

Bericht door Frans » wo mei 18, 2005 9:41 pm

Carcajou schreef: Honestly, I'd like it if Blind could make a choice for the keeper spot, because if there's a type of players that need routine and play time, it's keepers.... You know, they are the master of the defence so we need to get players that are used to play with each other.
You mean like Koeman made a choice? We all know how that turned out. Then again, Blind probably has a bit more perseverance than Koeman. Hopefully.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo mei 18, 2005 11:07 pm

Ko's Men of the Season:
1. Escudé - 2. Trabelsi - 3. Grygera, Vonk, Maduro

Wot no Yannis :nooo: ;)
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo mei 18, 2005 11:21 pm

Lobont is our original no.1 but Stekelenburg was suppose to be the first pick this season

I wonder who will leave....

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » do mei 19, 2005 2:23 pm

Hans Vonk is not best goalkeeper (and, as I guess, he will never be) but need experienced goalkeeper (someone like him) in following season. We often have problems with goalkeepers' injuries, so I think it's good to hear, that he will stay...

In my opinion: 1st- Lobont, 2nd- Stekelenburg, 3rd- Vonk

Frans

Bericht door Frans » do sep 29, 2005 8:44 am

9 goals conceded in the last four games. Sure, you can't blame Vonk for all of them, perhaps you can't blame him for any of them. Still, it seems Like Vonk isn't adding a whole lot to this team.

To me, he just looks old and tired, like he no longer cares. It's not a straight question of age though. Edwin van der Sar is also well into his 30's, but he still has the fire in his eyes. Vonk doesn't have that any more.

So, I think it's time for him to be put out to pasture. He was our best for a while but not anymore. I don't care who comes in (lobont, vermeer, steek) as I think they'd all be better options right now. Although I'd prefer Blind to look to the future.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di feb 21, 2006 9:58 am

According to VI.nl he could join P$v at the end of the season.
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 21, 2006 3:51 pm

philippe schreef:According to VI.nl he could join P$v at the end of the season.
It's pretty much a done deal now. All the usual sources (NOS Teletekst, VI.nl, the afternoon papers) announce it and quote Guus Hiddink saying that "it's a matter of a few details."

Hans Vonk (36) will join PSV as their second goalie for the new season.

For your information: we will not run this as news on Ajax USA, because it's not a transfer. Hans Vonk is out of contract and will leave on a Bosman at season's end. We will give the 'Bosman lot' (Pienaar, Trabelsi, Boukhari, Vonk, Anastasiou) their props at season's end, though.

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » di mar 21, 2006 4:39 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: For your information: we will not run this as news on Ajax USA, because it's not a transfer. Hans Vonk is out of contract and will leave on a Bosman at season's end. We will give the 'Bosman lot' (Pienaar, Trabelsi, Boukhari, Vonk, Anastasiou) their props at season's end, though.
K.
It needs to be said to be said that except for Trabelsi, I won't regret these players.
meh :|

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di mar 21, 2006 4:48 pm

you may even say it twice :D
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 21, 2006 4:53 pm

Respect to 'em all. They've done their thing for Ajax. For several years. We'll give them the goodbye they deserve.

But I agree: it would have been great to keep Trabelsi (and possibly Pienaar), but they've been here for many years, served their contract and want to move on. Fair enough. As for the others: as a team we want to make a huge leap forward next season - and in order to do that we will have to get rid of players like them. With all due respect, but it's the truth.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di mar 21, 2006 5:10 pm

I will not regret see-you-in-court Trabelsi, because he seems to have little respect for Ajax.

But I will regret Anastasiou, because he is a nice guy who did the job when we needed him.
Appie, stay strong !

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di mar 21, 2006 8:20 pm

philippe schreef:I will not regret see-you-in-court Trabelsi, because he seems to have little respect for Ajax.

But I will regret Anastasiou, because he is a nice guy who did the job when we needed him.
Yeah, I'll pretty much second that....Trabelsi did nothing that others haven't done, at Ajax and elsewhere but it certainly brought to the fore the ugly, money side of football.

As for Yannis, what can I say...."καλή τύχη και αποχαιρετισμός" Yannis, a true friend to Ajax :xyxthumbs:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

ajaxperu

Bericht door ajaxperu » di mar 21, 2006 10:12 pm

I can't say I'll miss Vonk but I don't really like the fact that he is going to PSV. Although it would be awesome if PSV decides to buy more 36 year olds for next season :D

Frans

Bericht door Frans » wo mar 22, 2006 8:21 am

philippe schreef:I will not regret see-you-in-court Trabelsi, because he seems to have little respect for Ajax.
Quit beating up on the guy. He challenged what he (or his agent) felt was unfair deal. He lost. He returned to the team and has been consistently one of the best players in the side for the last two seasons. He could have made trouble after he lost his case, but he didn't. I think that shows enough respect. I'll be sad to see him go.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mar 22, 2006 8:39 am

Well said, Frans. I'm with you on this one. :xyxthumbs:

Back to Hans Vonk now!

Yesterday evening on RTV Noord-Holland Vonk denied that he's got a deal with PSV. He said (literally): "Normally I will move to Supersport United in Pretoria at season's end. Their offer is very serious and I actually prefer playing in South Africa over being PSV's reserve goalkeeper for next season."

Remarkable. It's not a done deal yet.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo mar 22, 2006 10:03 am

Frans schreef:
philippe schreef: He could have made trouble after he lost his case, but he didn't. I think that shows enough respect. I'll be sad to see him go.
He is a good professionnal as you say.
But pressing charges is not showing respect to say the least.
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 28, 2006 12:42 pm

The PSV thing is off. Vonk doesn't want it. He wants to go to South Africa. This is everywhere now (NOS Teletekst, VI.nl, etc.)

:xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs:

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do mar 30, 2006 4:20 am

I guess thats a better ending than the one where he was going to PSV :D Good choice Hans and good luck to you.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mei 03, 2006 8:44 pm

Hans Vonk's latest career moves deserves a mention in his own thread as well. He wanted to move back to his native country of South Africa for a couple more seasons of professional goalkeeping. Well, he will move to South Africa, to play for... Ajax Cape Town.

He signed a four year deal: two seasons as a goalkeeper and after that two seasons as a sort of manager of 'player traffic' between Ajax Cape Town and Ajax Amsterdam.
DrDuncan schreef:Glad to see Vonk isn't leaving us after all ... just moving to our Cape Town "branch".
SE6Ajacied schreef:Does that actually count as a transfer? I know Vonk was leaving for free anyway but would there normally be a transfer payed in this situation? I assume there would be in some form or other but this story has got me wondering....
This move does actually count as a transfer. Ajax Amsterdam did not decide to 'place' him at Ajax Cape Town or anything. Ajax Cape Town signed him up. He wants to play for two more years and then he will become some sort of a director, managing the 'traffic' of players between Cape Town and Amsterdam.

I like the idea. Hans Vonk is a great guy. I really like him. That director's job must be a dream job for him: working for two sister clubs of the same name, from the two countries he calls home. He can play some more professional football in South Africa (which is what he wanted) and after that his future in football is secured.

Very, very good for him.

Check out this report on the official Ajax Cape Town website:
http://www.ajaxct.com/News/Ajax_News/story_11646.shtml

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mei 17, 2006 1:32 pm

Vonk has now officialy signed his deal at Ajax Cape Town. Both Ajax.nl and AjaxCT.com published extensive reports. Ajax USA has updated the existing news report about Hans Vonk's departure from Amsterdam (the links to Ajax.nl and AjaxCT.com are in the report as well):

http://www.ajax-usa.com/news/2005-2006/ ... ieden.html

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 06, 2008 7:23 am

The old Hans Vonk thread was somewhere on page 7 and the most recent post is from May 2005... I never thought I'd open this one again, but here we go: De Tekegraaf reports that Hans Vonk will join Ajax for three months.

"I really like this. It's a nice comeback. I was quite surprised when they contacted me, but the feeling was good from the outset. Sometimes you have to do something odd in order to find a new way. That's the kind of character I am."

Welcome back, Hans.

Wow, this is almost like the situation we had back in 2002, when Lobont, Stekelenburg and Didulica were injured and we contracted Henk Timmer for a while...

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di okt 07, 2008 6:15 pm

Signed to June 2009 so good bye Gentenaar in January.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo okt 08, 2008 12:22 am

Totally underwhelmed by this move.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Gesloten