'J.C.' - The Omnipresent Oracle

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

bryan

Re: 'J.C.' - The Omnipresent Oracle

Bericht door bryan » ma apr 16, 2012 12:25 pm

rjf1 schreef:Who can say -- impossible to know what is happening behind the scenes -- all we can do is look at the results of him cleaning out the stables -- 10 wins and a jump from a miserable 6th place (and heading downward) to 1st and a great shot at another title. That's all I need to know.
Look at the clubs around Ajax in de Eredivisie. AZ, Feyenoord, PSV and Twente. All have gone bankrupt in the last 10 years or needed emergency funding from the government to prevent them going bankrupt.

Now look at Ajax: Ajax is financially well off, has one of the best youth systems in Europe (as has been proven again this year), and is now champions twice in a row.

It seems it's not such a disaster of a club after all, huh.

Maybe it's time the fans started to take a little pride in their club and stopped listening to Cruijff telling them how everything is shit.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma apr 16, 2012 1:16 pm

bryan schreef:
rjf1 schreef:Who can say -- impossible to know what is happening behind the scenes -- all we can do is look at the results of him cleaning out the stables -- 10 wins and a jump from a miserable 6th place (and heading downward) to 1st and a great shot at another title. That's all I need to know.
Look at the clubs around Ajax in de Eredivisie. AZ, Feyenoord, PSV and Twente. All have gone bankrupt in the last 10 years or needed emergency funding from the government to prevent them going bankrupt.

Now look at Ajax: Ajax is financially well off, has one of the best youth systems in Europe (as has been proven again this year), and is now champions twice in a row.

It seems it's not such a disaster of a club after all, huh.

Maybe it's time the fans started to take a little pride in their club and stopped listening to Cruijff telling them how everything is shit.
Every time Cruijff has made his noises about coming in to rescue the club, I've been worried because he never seems to want to actually stick around and put his own credibility on the chopping block. Now after all this fighting to control the club, what does he do? He spends all but one or two days a month in Barcelona and wants to appoint some random people with no connection to the club to some "important" roles. It makes me wonder what's going on in his head.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » ma apr 16, 2012 1:20 pm

But wasn't the horrible run of form around the winterstop right in the middle of the Cruijff revolution?

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » di apr 24, 2012 10:22 pm

Afbeelding
That I'm the one who may congratulate Johan Cruyff with his 65th birthday is not so obvious. I'll tell you why I am the right person.

We had and have our disagreements, but we also have much in common: the love for Ajax, Barcelona and attacking football.

Johan put Dutch football on the map and also socially he has shown himself on several fronts.

In top football it might be rough on the pitch, but outside the lines, hands are shaken.

On behalf of all Dutch football fans I therefore wish Johan a wonderful birthday!

Louis van Gaal.
:biggthumpup.gif:

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » di apr 24, 2012 11:24 pm

Thank you Louis.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » di apr 24, 2012 11:47 pm

Bravo Louis!!! Great man!!!
May the Force be with you

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo apr 25, 2012 12:28 am

The only birthday disappointment was Barca's loss to Chelsea tonight. They just could not solve the pack it in defense (much like the problems Ajax often encounter in league matches).
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo apr 25, 2012 6:53 am

Very classy from Louis. Makes me proud to be a small part of the Ajax family. :smile-ajax.gif:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo apr 25, 2012 5:49 pm

Very classy from Louis van Gaal !!! KUDOS :ajaxscarf.gif: . Happy birthday to Johan Cruijff !!!
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo apr 25, 2012 7:50 pm

Yes class from Louis and Happy Birthday to JC

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » wo apr 25, 2012 8:40 pm

SPL schreef:Yes class from Louis and Happy Birthday to JC
In the Dutch section a couple of conspiracy theorists are saying that this advertisement is not genuine..... what do you guys think? I think it's a great gesture of Van Gaal. Finally it's time to end the war.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo apr 25, 2012 9:39 pm

GangstaRiB schreef:
In the Dutch section a couple of conspiracy theorists are saying that this advertisement is not genuine..... what do you guys think? I think it's a great gesture of Van Gaal. Finally it's time to end the war.
It looks like a newspaper or magazine advert and someone should be able to track down the source. I didn't see it posted on the Ajax team website anywhere.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » do apr 26, 2012 1:34 am

GangstaRiB schreef:
Seriously, had Caesar lived and Brutus etched a birthday greeting into a monolith downtown Rome 4 months after, wouldn't those words have sounded somewhat hollow?

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » do apr 26, 2012 8:48 am

Would Caesar still be "Dictator perpetuo" then? :hypocrite.gif:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do apr 26, 2012 9:13 am

Dubbel schreef:
GangstaRiB schreef:
Seriously, had Caesar lived and Brutus etched a birthday greeting into a monolith downtown Rome 4 months after, wouldn't those words have sounded somewhat hollow?
If it wasn't Van Gaal, don't you think he would have come out and said so by now?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » do apr 26, 2012 2:32 pm

aveslacker schreef:
Dubbel schreef:
GangstaRiB schreef:
If it wasn't Van Gaal, don't you think he would have come out and said so by now?
You're missing the point, aveslacker. Not your fault, GangstaRIB should work on his english.

The question wasn't if the advertisement was genuine but if his motives were pure.

Anyway, we're reading too much into it. Aegon said that its marketeers came up with the whole thing and that Cruijff approved the text before publishing.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za mei 25, 2013 1:13 pm

Johan's grandson, Jesjua, recently had a trial with my home town club DC United. Unfortunately he was not signed to a contract. Johan played here in DC a lot of years ago for the old Washington Diplomats.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » ma sep 16, 2013 8:05 am

You guys still remember the episode of Steven ten Have? I just found a very nice picture:

Afbeelding

Judas comes to Barcelona and is visiting JC with a big muck in his pants.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za okt 05, 2013 6:44 pm

Self-evident truths from the Oracle: http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcuni ... 20?cc=5901

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di nov 05, 2013 1:18 pm

Nurse!

Someone needs his pills...

http://nos.nl/artikel/571072-cruijff-ga ... -ajax.html

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za nov 15, 2014 7:35 pm

50 years ago today in Groningen the great man made his Ajax debut. They played GVAV ,lost 3-1 but JC scored the only goal. I see Vic Buckingham the englishman was still coach then .

I doubt anyone at that match could have imagined what JC was going to achieve.

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » zo nov 16, 2014 1:02 am

Posted this pic from that day (50 yrs ago) in the DZ as well but here's for u anglophones;

Afbeelding

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo nov 16, 2014 2:01 am

Thanks for the picture of the great man as a youth

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma apr 20, 2015 4:33 pm

Interesting article:

Cruyff’s velvet revolution at Ajax is failing miserably:

http://dutchsoccersite.org/cruyffs-velv ... miserably/
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”