'J.C.' - The Omnipresent Oracle

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Re: 'J.C.' - The Omnipresent Oracle

Bericht door Dubbel » do apr 14, 2011 12:31 am

acab schreef:http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1441/Ajax/articl ... oden.dhtml

Come on Uri, convince everybody that you are a total asshole!!
This has nothing to do with Johan Cruyff. Coronel wants people to stop yelling 'Joden' whether positive or negative. He feels it hurts a lot of Jews' feelings. This is not new. He now feels this will never stop unless there is a penalty for clubs whose fans continue to do so. Starting with Ajax itself. Again, this should not be discussed in this topic.

acab

Bericht door acab » do apr 14, 2011 8:42 pm

I know, i understand some dutch:) But Coronel is tottaly wrong! I have the feeling he's working against Ajax with such stupid coments.
And, offcourcse, all this noise about Lex Immers' stupid song is just too much. Everybody knows, he doesn't mean to "hunt" real jews, but ajacieden. Immers si just annoiyng little cunt and now he's famous worldwide. :confused.gif:

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » vr apr 15, 2011 2:12 pm

Err ... I've been away (disconnected from the net) for a week.

Has anything happened with regard to the "Cruyff Revolution"???

After all the broohaha last week it seems to be very quiet at the moment...
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » vr apr 15, 2011 4:11 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:Err ... I've been away (disconnected from the net) for a week.

Has anything happened with regard to the "Cruyff Revolution"???

After all the broohaha last week it seems to be very quiet at the moment...
Everyone who had a point of view made it (at least once!). Enough is enough -- how many times can you keep going around the mulberry bush. At any rate, it didn't seem to affect the team on the field -- which is the most important thing.

As far as the joden business goes, I like the way it takes what is supposed to be hurtful and turns it completely around -- it's like by using it ourselves we are spitting in the eye of those who would use it against us -- and completely negating any harmful intent on the part of the anti-semitic rabble. Too bad Coronel doesn't have enough imagination to understand that.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mei 13, 2011 10:35 am

Article in The Wall Street Journal:

'Cruijff Plans A Total Revolution'

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr mei 13, 2011 12:33 pm

Funny article, as can be expected with the use of the word "revolution" by the Wall Street Journal.
In particular, assessments like "the famed youth system, which once produced some of Europe's finest players but has failed to do so of late" seem irrelevant.
Our youth system did not fail to produce, but the club failed to keep.
Appie, stay strong !

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » vr mei 13, 2011 12:55 pm

philippe schreef:Funny article, as can be expected with the use of the word "revolution" by the Wall Street Journal.
In particular, assessments like "the famed youth system, which once produced some of Europe's finest players but has failed to do so of late" seem irrelevant.
Damn right! No other team has produced as many players as we did time after time. Think about the years. Since 2001. No need to say the names, even the ones we scouted and brought to Amsterdam. Anyway... Old times might never come back
May the Force be with you

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » vr mei 13, 2011 10:18 pm

philippe schreef:Funny article, as can be expected with the use of the word "revolution" by the Wall Street Journal.
That's an interesting point, but it's also a major disagreement with Cruijff... Who also clearly said in september that "everyone should/must leave". Since that, a coach left, the chairman and general director will do the same, and it's not finished (JOR, Slop, Van der Aat?). Is that really different from a revolution?
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » za mei 14, 2011 4:16 pm

A revolution consists of changing structures, not only people.
Appie, stay strong !

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » zo mei 15, 2011 4:59 pm

That's a rather restricted definition. And anyway, it's not like Cruijff was happy with the current structure ... But who cares today! :ajaxscarf.gif:

Snyde

Bericht door Snyde » vr jun 03, 2011 9:32 am

bryan schreef:Interesting piece. Regarding the last line of it, how much credit do the Barca fans really give Cruijff for getting to where they are now?

Obviously they did well under him as coach, but he did have a lot of money at his disposal, in fairness.
I for one believe he is as much responsible for Rijkaard and Pep's era as much as the Laporta or anyone else.

Laporta and the Elefant Blau group were elected in large part because they had Cruyff's backing. Rijkaard was hired because Cruyff said so and so was Pep. Two highly inexperienced managers for a very big club and one of the toughest mangerial positions. Who other than El Salvador could take that risk. Laporta must be commended as he gave his ear to Cruyff, had faith in his ideas and was gutsy enough to follow them. But make no mistake, these two managers were chosen because of Cruyff.

I know he throws his weight around a bit too much and avoids responsibility like the plague but he is without a doubt the second most influential person for Barça, who they are and will be for generations to come.
Als wij de bal hebben, kennen zij niet scoren. - Johan Cruijff

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » wo jun 08, 2011 8:08 am

Apparently Sep Bladder (sic) has announced JC will be part of FIFA's new "council of wisdom" (together with Henry Kissinger and Placido Domingo ....).

The council is there to solve all of FIFA's current woes.

Do we laugh or cry????
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jun 08, 2011 2:34 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:Apparently Sep Bladder (sic) has announced JC will be part of FIFA's new "council of wisdom" (together with Henry Kissinger and Placido Domingo ....).

The council is there to solve all of FIFA's current woes.

Do we laugh or cry????
Blatter is just trying to cover his rather big ass. I would rather JC stay focused on Ajax.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » do sep 22, 2011 5:59 am

JC no saviour for Ajax?

His initials may be JC, but people may be starting to doubt whether football legend Johan Cruijff will be Ajax’s saviour after all. AD writes that it appears that with his authoritarian style he has trod on the toes of the Amsterdam football club once again.

Earlier this week he apparently walked into a board meeting with his candidate for the new club boss at his side. But the board had already scrapped the man in question, Tscheu la Ling, from its list. As a result, former international player Edgar Davis walked out, saying he wanted to keep to the items on the agenda - apparently unimpressed by Cruijff’s bulldozer tactics.

The strange thing is, when asked about the board meeting in a chat show, Cruijff didn’t make any mention of problems during the meeting. Incidentally, he missed a board diner to join the chat show as the only guest. And during this week’s Champions League match, he also chose not to sit with the other board members.

In was only a couple of weeks ago that a delegation from Ajax flew specially to Barcelona, where the former number 14 is coach, to give the honorary member a last chance to cooperate with the club and help solve its management problems. AD asks how long the other board members will put up with him.
AJACIED

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do sep 22, 2011 8:27 am

Least surprising news ever?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do sep 22, 2011 12:19 pm

aveslacker schreef:Least surprising news ever?
Of course, did we expect anything different. There are enough talented people on the current board that we really don't need JC to continue to meddle in things that he really doesn't have much of an interest in. Far better for him to focus on what is wrong with Barcelona and leave Ajax to continue on the present course which is the correct one!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » do sep 22, 2011 12:45 pm

Orange14 schreef:
aveslacker schreef:Least surprising news ever?
Of course, did we expect anything different. There are enough talented people on the current board that we really don't need JC to continue to meddle in things that he really doesn't have much of an interest in. Far better for him to focus on what is wrong with Barcelona and leave Ajax to continue on the present course which is the correct one!
Just curious... which talented people do you mean?

Cruyff took Ling, Bergkamp and Jonk to the meeting because Davids and Ten Have had lied about several things and the only way to clear that up was to get everyone together in the same room. Imo Cruyff had every right to do this.

Cruyff is one of the few things that make Ajax unique. Sad to read that you think he should go.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do sep 22, 2011 2:30 pm

Dubbel schreef:Cruyff took Ling, Bergkamp and Jonk to the meeting because Davids and Ten Have had lied about several things and the only way to clear that up was to get everyone together in the same room. Imo Cruyff had every right to do this.
Sorry, but no. And that's not just my opinion; that's pretty much a fact, it's not how it works (or should work, for that matter).

As a commissioner you don't just bring rejected candidates for director positions along to Board of Commissioner meetings. You can't just show up with your mates just like that. It just shows that Cruijff has a 'street attitude'.

"So, you guys don't want Tscheu La Ling as a director? Well, here's a surprise: here he is. Tell it to his face."

Unacceptable, is what I say.

K.
Still alive...

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » do sep 22, 2011 2:41 pm

You're missing the point. Apparently this was the only way to get everyone in the same room to confront Edgar with his lies so I am glad Cruyff did it. You're acting like it is a crime and the RVC is some sort of holy relic. For your information, Ajax is a football club and should have a street attitude..

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do sep 22, 2011 3:39 pm

Dubbel schreef:You're missing the point. Apparently this was the only way to get everyone in the same room to confront Edgar with his lies so I am glad Cruyff did it. You're acting like it is a crime and the RVC is some sort of holy relic. For your information, Ajax is a football club and should have a street attitude..
What was Edgar lying about? Were you in the room to hear it? I admire Cruyff for his football talent and managerial abilities as much as the next one but the fact of the matter is you cannot play "my way or the highway" in a corporate infrastructure (which is what Ajax is). Nobdy is the sole possessor of truth in this world.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do sep 22, 2011 4:42 pm

Exactly. Using the word 'lies' here is very biased. Not an abjective choice of words.

As for Cruijff's behaviour: let's agree to disagree. I think it would not be tolerated from anyone else.

K.
Still alive...

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » do sep 22, 2011 5:36 pm

Orange14 schreef:
Dubbel schreef:You're missing the point. Apparently this was the only way to get everyone in the same room to confront Edgar with his lies so I am glad Cruyff did it. You're acting like it is a crime and the RVC is some sort of holy relic. For your information, Ajax is a football club and should have a street attitude..
What was Edgar lying about? Were you in the room to hear it? I admire Cruyff for his football talent and managerial abilities as much as the next one but the fact of the matter is you cannot play "my way or the highway" in a corporate infrastructure (which is what Ajax is). Nobdy is the sole possessor of truth in this world.
Okay, so I guess the talents of the board members will remain hidden for now?

Looks like you missed this, so to update you in a nutshell; Edgar did two things that earned him beef with 'the Omnipresent'. First, internally he is telling bad stories about the way Jonk and Bergkamp are working in their new jobs. Untrue stories, apparently. Second, he told the RVC members that he had spoken at length with Bergkamp about candidate director Ling and that Bergkamp did not want Ling. Apparently untrue as well. So the only way to avoid a 'he said, she said' scenario is to get everyone involved into a room together, which was exactly what Davids tried to avoid. Not sure if that is the same as 'my way or the highway'. My source for this is VI magazine btw.

About the corporate infrastructure... I really don't think Ajax likes being an NV. It makes people forget that we're a football club and attracts all sorts of 'Gooische' types who should be at cricket or field-hockey games instead of in the Arena. The only reason we are an NV is because M. Van Praag cs got greedy after the successful 94-96 period. And the Ajax NV is tiny and its stocks purely sentimental, not to be taken too seriously. So let's not take our RVC too seriously.

Imo the biggest mistake Cruyff is making that he does not show his face at Ajax enough. That would generate so much goodwill and enhance support for all the things he wants to get done at the club. His obscurity (Especially with so many people wishing that he'll fall flat on his face) has reached a point where I am starting to lose hope that we'll see a whole lot of results in the end.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » do sep 22, 2011 6:00 pm

Cruyff & co kicked out pretty much everyone they disliked and now they are new ones (Davids!!). It's not fair.... :aai.gif:

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » do sep 22, 2011 6:15 pm

Yeah, the only flaw is that Cruyff did not get to pick the new board or the RVC. That would have saved a lot of trouble. Pretty sure Cruyff would not be in the RVC at all if he'd had his way.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » do sep 22, 2011 6:27 pm

If it's to get Ling as managing director.... :excited.gif:

Plaats reactie