'J.C.' - The Omnipresent Oracle

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

GangstaRiB

Re: 'J.C.' - The Omnipresent Oracle

Bericht door GangstaRiB » vr mar 25, 2016 9:38 am

Great pictures. He never seemed to get older, did he?

He was always that agile and slim guy.

RIP Johan.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mar 25, 2016 12:14 pm

Thanks for all the pictures .My paper's headline God's gift to football just about sums up this genius.

On a dark note ,I wonder how the board feel having said we dont want you back in the autumn!!!

I have read the mayor of Amsterdam wants the Arena named after him and its also been said De Toekomst should be named after him. Barca fans want the Nou Camp renamed.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mar 25, 2016 7:41 pm

I will post a review of all Dutch youths ints next week but must mention what happened yesterday. Dutch U19's beat Ukraine 3-2 and both Nouri and v d Beek scored .They had agreed if either scored both would raise their hands to signal 14 ,this they did both times. Afterwards both praised the great man and what he meant to them.

These 2 boys are real Ajax kids and yesterday was pure class from them .

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » za mar 26, 2016 10:10 am

SPL schreef:They had agreed if either scored both would raise their hands to signal 14 ,this they did both times. Afterwards both praised the great man and what he meant to them.These 2 boys are real Ajax kids and yesterday was pure class from them .
Nice to see that kind of gestures to honor the great man. Also in last nights game Holland vs. France in the Arena, there was a pause in the 14th minute to play tribute to the legend.
"We're on a mission from God."

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » ma mar 28, 2016 12:20 am

Last Saturday afternoon in Yankee Stadium, New York:

Afbeelding
Afbeelding
Afbeelding

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 28, 2016 12:04 pm

Nice pictures ,lovely tribute from NY. Barca fans want Nou Camp renamed .

Not sure even when Pele goes will the world react as much as they are doing. As I have said ,we can debate whether he was the greatest footballer ever but no debate about his influence.No one has influenced the game more.

I am reading ,via Google translate many tributes . Clearly even Feyenoord fans regarding him highly ,well he did finish his career there.

zeux

Bericht door zeux » ma mar 28, 2016 12:45 pm

Only problem is, that it is a fake.
"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » ma mar 28, 2016 1:31 pm

What are you talking about, zeux? There was no official Yankee game in Yankee Stadium last Saturday, but there was a sport event and a tribute to Johan Cruijff.

Pure class how the FA has reprinted almost 100.000 match programs for the game on Wembley tomorrow night, Google Translate will for sure provide you information about the tribute tomorrow night in London:
Ook op Wembley groots eerbetoon aan Cruijff

De Engelse voetbalbond (FA) wil Johan Cruijff dinsdag tijdens het oefenduel Nederland-Engeland een passend afscheid geven.

Bij de opkomst van de spelers worden grote afbeeldingen van Cruijff getoond en in de veertiende minuut gebeurt dat opnieuw. Het duel wordt niet stilgelegd, maar de FA verwacht dat de supporters - met 80.000 toeschouwers is het stadion uitverkocht - minutenlang een staande ovatie zullen geven.

De FA tast diep in de buidel voor het afscheid. Zo heeft de voetbalbond honderdduizend programmaboekjes opnieuw laten drukken. In de eerste versie stond een interview met Ronald Koeman over de toen nog levende Cruijff. In de editie die nu klaarligt, staat een aangepast interview met de trainer van Southampton.

Grote successen op Wembley
Wembley is het stadion waar Cruijff als speler in 1971 zijn eerste Europa Cup I won tegen Panathinaikos (2-0). In 1992, als trainer van FC Barcelona, won hij de Cup met de Grote Oren in hetzelfde stadion. In de finale werd Sampdoria door een doelpunt van Ronald Koeman met 1-0 verslagen.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma mar 28, 2016 5:12 pm

Cruijff schreef:What are you talking about, zeux? There was no official Yankee game in Yankee Stadium last Saturday, but there was a sport event and a tribute to Johan Cruijff.
NYCFC does play their home games at the Yankee stadium and there definitely was a game this past Saturday at 3pm.

zeux

Bericht door zeux » ma mar 28, 2016 5:32 pm

Amol schreef:
Cruijff schreef:What are you talking about, zeux? There was no official Yankee game in Yankee Stadium last Saturday, but there was a sport event and a tribute to Johan Cruijff.
NYCFC does play their home games at the Yankee stadium and there definitely was a game this past Saturday at 3pm.
Yes, it seems that it is possible - my mistake -, I thought the people in the top and lower picture where in exactly the same spot, which isn't the case.

My problem: why can't I find a second source next to wtfck.nl? You would say there would have been reported, tweeted or whatever about it. But I can't find anything on the net (which doesn't say it isn't there. :-) ). I tend to like multiple sources for this kind of stories. :ajaxsmiley.gif:

And New York City FC indeed played this weekend in Yankee Stadium against New England Revolution.

So it can be possible.
"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » ma mar 28, 2016 10:35 pm

Thanks Jinne for more great pictures:

Afbeelding
Afbeelding
Afbeelding
Afbeelding

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 03, 2016 1:56 pm

Currently about 5000 fans and several ex players are marching from near the old de Meer past JC 's childhood home , only 2 or 3 streets away, and down to the Arena. Ajaxshowtime shows pictures ,lovely gesture. Fans actually saying they are marching to the Johan Cruijff stadium.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 03, 2016 2:05 pm

Ajaxnetwerk site has a live stream of the walk AT5 chanel.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 03, 2016 2:30 pm

Really enjoyed the live stream .All now at the Arena , just wish I was there . Fans were superb celebrating the great man where he was born and where his roots are.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di nov 15, 2016 7:41 pm

52 years today the great man made his debut a 3-1 defeat to GVAV but he scored.

Anyone watching him that day could not have dreamt of what would happen to Ajax.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do dec 15, 2016 1:21 pm

So its almost certainly going to be called the Johan Cruijff Stadium . Quite correct too. Also there should be a statue of him too .

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » do dec 15, 2016 1:32 pm

The Cruijff family demands that the name of the Johan Cruyff Stadium will never be shared with a sponsor name.

That's a very good thing, as giving your stadium a sh*t name like Emirates Stadium, Allianz Arena or Wanda Metropolitano is one of the worst things a club can do.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do dec 15, 2016 1:47 pm

Cruijff schreef: That's a very good thing, as giving your stadium a sh*t name like Emirates Stadium, Allianz Arena or Wanda Metropolitano is one of the worst things a club can do.
But as you know money drives all these decisions!!! I think only the Green Bay Packers in American football have not sold naming rights and they named their stadium after a legendary player and manager Curly Lambeau
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » do dec 15, 2016 2:13 pm

Well in football Feyenoord and Ajax, especially our club with Amsterdam Arena do not have such a good stadium name but until now in almost 117 years club history it hasn't been sold to a sponsor.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mar 24, 2017 11:50 am

A year has already gone by without the great man. About time the Arena was named the Johan Cruijff Stadium.

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » zo mar 26, 2017 11:15 am

Just read in the news that the Barca b-team arena will be named "Estadi Johan Cruyff". Also there's going to be a statue of Cruyff in Camp Nou and a special wing in the barca museum for Cruyff.
"We're on a mission from God."

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo mar 26, 2017 5:26 pm

Everyone seems to have missed the 20th anniversary of the death of Carlo Picorni who was involved in a hooligan fight called the battle of Beverwijk. That was interesting, it happened during my first season as an Ajax supporter.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 25, 2017 10:41 am

70 years ago today the great man was born. Would be a good day for the Arena to be renamed .

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » di apr 25, 2017 6:34 pm

SPL schreef:70 years ago today the great man was born. Would be a good day for the Arena to be renamed .
News just got out that this is indeed what will happen! The Amsterdam Arena is going to become the Johan Cruijff Arena somewhere in the next few months.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 25, 2017 7:14 pm

About time and given he is the most a famous Amsterdammer of all time when will the Airport be renamed.

Plaats reactie