Nigel de Jong

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Nigel de Jong

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 12, 2005 11:55 am

There wasn't a thread for Nigel yet, so here it is.

There's a report on AT5 Text that goes like this:
Ajax midfielder Nigel de Jong hopes that his two goals against AZ will contribute to the extension of his contract he's got his mind set on. De Jong told AT5: "Yes, there are a few problems about the contract. I don't know if my goals will be enough for a breakthrough in the talks. That's up to Ajax. I just showed what I'm capable of, especially in midfield. I sure hope Ajax have paid attention on Sunday." A few weeks ago De Jong stated that he only wishes to play as either a central defender or a right midfielder in the future. If Ajax won't give him a chance at those positions, he 'might as well look out for a new club'.
Nigel must stay!

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Re: Nigel de Jong

Bericht door carcajou » di apr 12, 2005 1:04 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:There wasn't a thread for Nigel yet, so here it is.

There's a report on AT5 Text that goes like this:
Ajax midfielder Nigel de Jong hopes that his two goals against AZ will contribute to the extension of his contract he's got his mind set on. De Jong told AT5: "Yes, there are a few problems about the contract. I don't know if my goals will be enough for a breakthrough in the talks. That's up to Ajax. I just showed what I'm capable of, especially in midfield. I sure hope Ajax have paid attention on Sunday." A few weeks ago De Jong stated that he only wishes to play as either a central defender or a right midfielder in the future. If Ajax won't give him a chance at those positions, he 'might as well look out for a new club'.
Nigel must stay!

K.
Yes he must stay, but please not as a central defender.... Midfield is where he belongs !!
meh :|

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » di apr 12, 2005 1:56 pm

De Jong must stay, but so must Maduro. De Jong will ned to work on his left leg. And I do not know in what shape the left leg of Maduro is, but he might have to work on his as well. That means that when we play with a '10' they can play behind the 10. But this also means one of them will have to play on the left.
Nog steeds eens met Boem.

En met niemand anders!

Mr. Ajax

Bericht door Mr. Ajax » di apr 12, 2005 2:02 pm

Yea, one of them will have to play on the left of the midfield, but i don't think this is a major issue. Claiming that De Jong is used to playing on the left would be exaggerated, but he certainly has experience on that side of the field. Besides, I never found it of extreme importance that a right-midfielder has to be right footed and vice versa. I don't think it matters too much on the midfield.

Nigel De Jong most definitley has the potential to become a fantastic midfielder. The defence is not his place.

A midfield of Maduro - Pienaar - De Jong is to die for...
- Je bent net zolang gestoord tot je een genie bent -

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » di apr 12, 2005 5:07 pm

Ok, de Jong has been performing well as midfielder, but the last time I saw him playing right back he was great. Isn't anyone seeing him as the natural replacement for Trabelsi anymore?
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 12, 2005 5:13 pm

jakobg schreef:Ok, de Jong has been performing well as midfielder, but the last time I saw him playing right back he was great. Isn't anyone seeing him as the natural replacement for Trabelsi anymore?
I also think he's great as a right fullback, but apparently he doesn't want to play there anymore himself. That's my conclusion after reading the AT5 report anyway... Strange. I really liked him there. He's also great as a right midfielder, but (if you ask me) crap as a central defender. Makes too many mistakes, just like Johnny H.

In the heart of defense we should stick to SQD and Grygera. Perfect duo.

K.
Still alive...

astabooty
Contacteer:

Bericht door astabooty » di apr 12, 2005 5:15 pm

Mr. Ajax schreef:
Nigel De Jong most definitley has the potential to become a fantastic midfielder. The defence is not his place.

A midfield of Maduro - Pienaar - De Jong is to die for...
jakobg schreef:Ok, de Jong has been performing well as midfielder, but the last time I saw him playing right back he was great. Isn't anyone seeing him as the natural replacement for Trabelsi anymore?
To reply to both of these, Maduro, Pienaar, and De Jong is very exciting. Pienaar has such potential I think, I hope he is given the chance at some club some day.

In regards of Jakob's post, I have always thought he is a very good RB. I remember him marking Robben superbly in the past. After his breakout season where he played mostly as a RB I believe, I dont know why Cow man didnt play him much the following year.

If Ajax could keep Maxwell and get a new left back, putting De Jong as a RB would be money and then have a midfield of Maxwell - Pienaar - Maduro.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo apr 17, 2005 7:19 pm

If the last two matches are any indication, De Jong and Maduro look right at home in the midfield.Add Sneijder,without VdV breathing down his neck the next few weeks, and our midfield looks pretty good.Don't know what superstitions or routines Nigel uses to get ready for games,but keep doing what you're doing young man. 3 in 2. Excellent.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » wo mei 04, 2005 2:16 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 511805.stm

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,86 ... 15,00.html

Both BBC Sports and Fox reporting that Man Ure have put in a bid for Nigel. 500,000 pounds a bit on the cheap side I think.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mei 04, 2005 2:33 pm

jamcocteau schreef: 500,000 pounds a bit on the cheap side I think.
Understatement of the year...

A complete f#cking joke, is what I say - that's why I posted it in the Pathetic Joke Corner...

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 04, 2005 4:56 pm

Another source says the scum have offered 3m euros.Still cheap. To all of you who are not aware The Sun, which ran the £500000 is a poor quality load of rubbish and the only acurate thing they report is the days date. I would treat every football transfer story as made up . I believe Moanure would like him on the cheap but they know that if Ajax were to let him go then several big clubs would be interested and the price would go up.

The Sun story says that he now has a new agent and he has fallen out with Ajax ,wants to leave for the EPL. If his big problem with Ajax is not playing in regular position then things wont be different at Moanureor indeed at Arsenal, who are also believed to be interested.

Transfer stories over here tend to be made up just to fill papers.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mei 04, 2005 6:43 pm

SPL schreef: If his big problem with Ajax is not playing in regular position then things wont be different at Moanureor indeed at Arsenal, who are also believed to be interested.
He did confirm on TV that he's pissed off with Ajax because they "broke their promises". I'm sure he wasn't happy when Koeman benched him, then played him as a central defender, then benched him again, then promised him a starting slot but played him as a left fullback and then benched him again. However, it would be ridiculous if he held that against Blind, who has played him as a right midfielder (his position of preference) ever since he started. Blind believes in him and has made that very clear.

What makes Nigel so angry is that his wages were far lower than those of Sneijder, Pienaar and Heitinga, to name but a few, and that the pay-raise Ajax have offered him does not show enough 'appreciation'.

I say: offer him the same salary as Heitinga - and do it now, fer fark's sake!!

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo mei 04, 2005 9:10 pm

The story re. Man U was in "The Guardian" as well. There's a quote from van Eijden saying that he's not for sale and that Ajax don't have to sell him as they'd be entitled to a fee due to his age even if his contract had run out (I'd forgotton that - how much would that be - not much I suppose).

SPL is completely 100% right re the Sun and it's relationship to the truth and quality journalism. It stinks :pukey: but sadly is UK top selling paper by far - what does that say about us - don't answer! :nooo:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 04, 2005 10:01 pm

2 points re above.

If as Ko says Ajax are not offering Nigel the same sort of money as Sneijder,Heitinga then the management really are piss poor. Are they trying to destroy the club !! IMO Nigel should be paid more than them because I think he really is a good player.

If he goes we can thank Koeman for pissing him about and the jokers who run the club.

The other point is regards Compensation. I can only quote why Arsenal are getting £3M from Birmingham for the jailbird Jermaine Pennant when his Arsenal contract runs out in June. It is because he is under 23 and was at Arsenal from 16 so they get compensation.

( I am now going to get a reply from one of our friends who supports Notts County as Arsenal did sign him from them as a15 year old for £1m)

So we will indeed get compo next season if Nigel leaves.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do mei 05, 2005 9:46 am

SPL schreef: ( I am now going to get a reply from one of our friends who supports Notts County as Arsenal did sign him from them as a15 year old for £1m)
You're right Arsenal "signed" him at 15....the only thing is they never paid anything like £1m (although this is the figure widely quoted in the press). The deal involved getting paid on number of first team appearances e.t.c., but when Notts County went into in administration they renegotiated a smaller quicker sum..... £300,000 rings a bell.

There's about six or seven former Notts County apprentices playing for the reserves of various Premiership sides.....Notts got virtually nothing for any of them because they left without signing contracts on their 16th birthdays (the earliest you can sign such a contract). Arsenal were honourable in not pinching him for nothing.

Are we off topic yet......? :hypocrite:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mei 05, 2005 9:53 am

SPL schreef: If as Ko says Ajax are not offering Nigel the same sort of money as Sneijder,Heitinga then the management really are piss poor.
Yeah. What else is new...?

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mei 11, 2005 8:05 am

A quick update...

There is an interview with Nigel in the new issue of Voetbal International in which he says: "Ajax want to keep me and that is nice to know. I have not heard anything from the clubs that are said to be interested in me. I will not think about my future until I know what their intentions are."

He's keeping Ajax waiting and is basically taking his time to see what happens. A bit oppertunistic, but then again: Ajax have also been a bit opportunistic towards him.

By the way: De Jong also says that he's starting to feel happy at Ajax again, because Blind has made very clear that he believes in De Jong. He speaks quite highly of Blind.

Anyway - I still think he will eventually sign. He's playing hard to get now, but he knows it's better if he stays. He can become a key player for Ajax now. It's too early to go and knows it.

K.
Still alive...

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » zo mei 22, 2005 4:34 pm

Nigel has just been awarded the Rinus Michels Trophy for Best Player of the Season, and in his 'speech' told the crowd that he will stay for at least another year.

It's quite obvious that he received so many votes based purely on the last few months. Still, I'm really happy he's staying.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo mei 22, 2005 11:45 pm

Another year? Does that mean he gets a year extension or just stays for next season and packs his bags?

What a spanker :eusa_dance:

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma mei 23, 2005 7:19 am

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Another year? Does that mean he gets a year extension or just stays for next season and packs his bags?

What a spanker :eusa_dance:
Better if they sign him for two years and sell him next year. Best if they sign him for even longer and he stays. Not that such a thing will come to pass.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 23, 2005 10:44 am

Just confirmed by VI.nl: Nigel de Jong is fit and ready for Wednesday.

I hope Blind will leave Sneijder out of the team. He was absolutely sh*t once again in Roosendaal. De Jong - Maduro - Boukhari is our perfect midfield, with the possibility to add Galásek and/or Lindenbergh if we want more 'control', and Pienaar (Rosales right winger!) or Sneijder if we have to attack.

De Jong is a starter. No discussion about that. Sneijder can take a seat on the bench, if you ask me.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di aug 23, 2005 12:03 pm

I think SNeijder should start, Boukhari is rather incosistent in the midfield.
Get a Cock

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » di aug 23, 2005 3:23 pm

Sneijder hasn't been that consistent either, has he?

When it comes to those two I believe that we are going to have to go with Blind's feeling of current form. One question though: Who takes the free kicks when Wesley isn't on the field? (should, does...your opinion...)
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » di aug 23, 2005 3:24 pm

Nourdin. I think we all know why! :headbang:
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » di aug 23, 2005 3:26 pm

No Fear schreef:Nourdin. I think we all know why! :headbang:
Actually: NO.

:blush:

Please enlighten me....