Former Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 21, 2007 3:26 pm

Our man Co has got a new job: NOS hired him a one of their match analysts for Champions League, Holland and Euro 2008 matches...

You're wondering why he accepted this job and didn't sign a new contract as a manager somewhere (after having turned Feyenoord down)?

Simple: because he'll return to Ajax next summer. HTC's contract will not be extended and Van Geel has already talked to Co.

Mark my words.

Welcome back, Co! :drecul.gif:

:welcome:

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di aug 21, 2007 3:43 pm

Wouldn't that be nice! :666.gif: :666.gif: :666.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di aug 21, 2007 11:10 pm

Sweet...

:onfire.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxsmiley.gif:

bryan

Bericht door bryan » di aug 21, 2007 11:48 pm

I really hope Ten Cate kicks ass this season.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di aug 21, 2007 11:54 pm

I just hope HtC and the squad don't make the choice an easy one.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

bryan

Bericht door bryan » wo aug 22, 2007 11:42 am

if this is true, and van geel has lined up co already, then i'd go tell ajax to fuck themselves if i was ten cate.

this really isn't the way to run a football club. if it's true.

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » wo aug 22, 2007 12:07 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Our man Co has got a new job: NOS hired him a one of their match analysts for Champions League, Holland and Euro 2008 matches...

You're wondering why he accepted this job and didn't sign a new contract as a manager somewhere (after having turned Feyenoord down)?

Simple: because he'll return to Ajax next summer. HTC's contract will not be extended and Van Geel has already talked to Co.

Mark my words.

Welcome back, Co! :drecul.gif:

:welcome:

K.
Is this your opinion or do you have inside info as a member of Ajax?
I think we have too many players in our squad who are exactly the type Co doesn't like, so I would be very surprised if he came back.
It's also not clear to me why he would succeed this time around.

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » wo aug 22, 2007 12:09 pm

bryan schreef:if this is true, and van geel has lined up co already, then i'd go tell ajax to fuck themselves if i was ten cate.

HtC's contract runs until the end of this season. I hardly think Ajax are obligated to renew his contract if they don't want to.

It really wouldn't be a way to run a football club if they only contacted a potential successor after HtC's contract has run out.

dws

Bericht door dws » wo aug 22, 2007 1:08 pm

Arthur schreef:
bryan schreef:if this is true, and van geel has lined up co already, then i'd go tell ajax to fuck themselves if i was ten cate.

HtC's contract runs until the end of this season. I hardly think Ajax are obligated to renew his contract if they don't want to.

It really wouldn't be a way to run a football club if they only contacted a potential successor after HtC's contract has run out.
Arthur, well said.

HTC to leave Ajax no matter how his team perform. :biggrin.gif: Poetic justice methinks.

If all this is true a certain Mr Kenneth Perez will be affording himself a little smile.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo aug 22, 2007 1:44 pm

Arthur schreef:Is this your opinion or do you have inside info as a member of Ajax?
Although I do know Martin van Geel more or less personally, I do not have inside information on this particular topic.

Van Geel tells me a thing or two every now and then (and believe me: there is absolutely no way I will post that stuff on Ajax Talk), but he never told me anything about Henk ten Cate. To me, he never said one negative word about the man.

So, once and for all: what I posted above is what I think will happen.

K.
Still alive...

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr aug 24, 2007 2:59 pm

Kowalczyk said:
Van Geel tells me a thing or two every now and then (and believe me: there is absolutely no way I will post that stuff on Ajax Talk), but he never told me anything about Henk ten Cate. To me, he never said one negative word about the man.

Well even if he did have negative things to say about ten Cate, he isnt exactly going to tell you. That applies to most of the officials at Ajax.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za aug 25, 2007 9:00 am

Ayman schreef:Well even if he did have negative things to say about ten Cate, he isnt exactly going to tell you. That applies to most of the officials at Ajax.
He told me more painful and 'inside' things than that.

He simply appears to trust me. He knows that what he tells me off the record, will actually remain off the record.

K.
Still alive...

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za aug 25, 2007 2:10 pm

Kowalczyk said:

He simply appears to trust me. He knows that what he tells me off the record, will actually remain off the record.
I thought they all sign confidentiality clauses

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » za aug 25, 2007 8:08 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Ayman schreef:Well even if he did have negative things to say about ten Cate, he isnt exactly going to tell you. That applies to most of the officials at Ajax.

K.
Did he tell you who lies buried under the ArenA?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

DanK

Bericht door DanK » zo aug 26, 2007 1:01 am

Ayman schreef:Kowalczyk said:

I thought they all sign confidentiality clauses
No doubt they all do. As does just about everyone in every job these days. But does this mean they won't discuss work with friends or family. Nope, never going to happen.

These clauses should really read: If you tell the wrong person and it gets out, you're out. Rather than a total ban on confidentiality.

Hell, if no one spoke about back room information half the lawyers would be out of business :smallgrin.gif:

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma aug 27, 2007 8:35 am

All this "Co potentially coming back" stuff has got me thinking....

Why was he fired last time around?

For the life of me I can't remember the what happened.... was it inconsitency, the fans turning against him, a major cock-up in Europe, internal politics?

Can anybody with a better memory than mine remind me what happened?

:confused.gif:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » ma aug 27, 2007 8:46 am

I think you'll find everything here : http://www.ajax-usa.com/news/01-02/1129.html
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma aug 27, 2007 8:53 am

Cedric_AeF schreef:I think you'll find everything here : http://www.ajax-usa.com/news/01-02/1129.html
Merci Cedric.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di aug 28, 2007 8:47 am

Co just signed a one year contract with Al-Sadd, champion of Qatar ... :huh.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 28, 2007 10:35 am

philippe schreef:Co just signed a one year contract with Al-Sadd, champion of Qatar ... :huh.gif:
Which probably means that he turned the NOS down... There was probably some kind of a clause in his NOS contract: I will analyze games on NOS TV this season, unless someone offers me a coaching job that I can't turn down.

An offer from Qatar is an offer you don't want to turn down (and I'm not saying that because the league is so great...).

There have been claims in the Dutch press that Frank de Boer made more money in a couple of years in Qatar than he ever made in Barcelona.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di aug 28, 2007 12:52 pm

Probably the same reason why Cocu went.

Well good luck Co!
Get a Cock

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do aug 30, 2007 8:18 am

any clue about HTC's next club ? :1evil.gif: :drecul.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

ajax-erie

Bericht door ajax-erie » vr sep 14, 2007 11:46 pm

AJAX RULE OUT ADRIAANSE RETURN

Co Adriaanse will not be returning to Ajax as coach, the Amsterdammers' chairman has said.

John Jaakke has ruled out Adriaanse as a replacement for current coach Henk ten Cate, whose contract is set to expire at the end of the season.

Adriaanse was in charge of Ajax's famous youth academy between 1992 and 1997 and later guided the senior side to a third-placed finish in the Eredivisie in 2000/01 season before he was replaced by Ronald Koeman early in the following campaign.

"Co Adriaanse is not an option for us," Jaakke told Sportweek magazine.

"I have nothing against Co as a person, but things did not go wrong for no reason.

"I was not involved then and can look at it objectively. Then I ask myself what the added worth for Ajax would be to try it again.

"Is it really so that things have changed so that it could succeed now? I don't believe that.

"Co Adriaanse coming here would not be in the interest of Ajax."

Who are the next generation of Dutch Managers that could lead
Ajax back to Domestic and European success?
ONCE AJAX-ALWAYS AJAX

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo sep 19, 2007 9:45 am

ajax-erie schreef: Then I ask myself what the added worth for Ajax would be to try it again.
Well, I ask myself what's the added worth for Ajax of Jaakke and HTC.
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Louis van Gaal

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma nov 05, 2007 11:02 am

To those who think that Louis van Gaal takes himself too seriously and doesn't have a sense of humour...

The good man broke his ankle this weekend, during the annual reunion weekend of the Academy for Gymnastics Teachers. They went pole vaulting (the traditional Frisian way, over water, referred to as fierljeppen in Friesland) and Van Gaal's demonstration went a bit wrong.

He appeared on TV the other day and he was laughing and joking about the accident. He really took the piss out of himself: "I thought I was still 18, which was probably a bit daft. I will not reveal the brand of footwear I was wearing, but those people are to blame for this, as my jump was technically perfect."

:drecul.gif:

Speedy recovery, Louis!

(by the way: AZ will win in Eindhoven, next weekend...)

K.
Still alive...

Plaats reactie