News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Gesloten
Philippe
Contacteer:

2004-2005: 'Autopsy of a Disaster'

Bericht door Philippe » ma mar 21, 2005 1:30 pm

main reason :
lack of ambition, Ajax management being satisfied with their "nursery of Europe" culture, meaning that the goal is not to become one the world's very best any more, but just to breed and sell top players to some of the planet's wealthiets clubs;
I remember how unpleasant it was to read an interview of Escude, a few months after he joined Ajax :
1- he seemed to think that Ajax was some kind of football high school
2- he was pleased to say that Koeman was now and then telling stories of his days of glory with Barcelona; I would rather have the young plyers being told of Ajax days of glory !
Therefore most players’ motivation is just to get a better salary somewhere else.
the current situation is so bad that all the supporters can find to be motivated is nostalgia, with the old logo ...

carcajou

Re: 2004 / 2005 : autopsy of a disaster

Bericht door carcajou » ma mar 21, 2005 1:50 pm

philippe schreef:main reason :
lack of ambition, Ajax management being satisfied with their "nursery of Europe" culture, meaning that the goal is not to become one the world's very best any more, but just to breed and sell top players to some of the planet's wealthiets clubs;
I remember how unpleasant it was to read an interview of Escude, a few months after he joined Ajax :
1- he seemed to think that Ajax was some kind of football high school
2- he was pleased to say that Koeman was now and then telling stories of his days of glory with Barcelona; I would rather have the young plyers being told of Ajax days of glory !
Therefore most players’ motivation is just to get a better salary somewhere else.
the current situation is so bad that all the supporters can find to be motivated is nostalgia, with the old logo ...
Seems like "why are we playing so bad" stuff to me......

People please insert the usual :

1) The defence sucks
2) We miss Chris, Zlatan, Dennis and Arie
3) Koeman screwed it all

routine below this post, thank you.
Laatst gewijzigd door carcajou op ma mar 21, 2005 1:54 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mar 21, 2005 1:51 pm

The more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that a conservative prick named Ronald Koeman has completely destroyed one of the most interesting and talented crops of young players we've had in recent history.

I really feel that this is his fault. The damage of two years of Ronald Koeman is enormous. Seriously.

I'm sure many of you won't agree, so I will explain why I feel this way in my replies to your posts (have some work to do now...).

K.
Still alive...

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma mar 21, 2005 1:52 pm

Nice headline on the official (Ajax.nl) website, all about how the club made money over first sixth months of the fiscal year.....

I'm sure the board will pour themselves a nice glass of something to celebrate...what with the bonus this will get them and everything...things couldn't be rosier......

:kloguck:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma mar 21, 2005 5:49 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
I really feel that this is his fault. The damage of two years of Ronald Koeman is enormous. Seriously.

K.
Ko i tend to agree with you on this mate. Imagine if this group of youngsters was under the guidence of Cruijff or van gaal??? 2 years ago we were one of the brightest teams in european football, we are now the laughing stock of Holland.

The team currently lacks all ambition. Think of someone like vdv. How good he was and how people were talking about him being the next big thing. I am sure the opposites can be applied now.

This is not a quick fix, but hopefully we can see some improvement before the year is out. In all honesty, I would rather play in the uefa cup next year, than get our a#@ kicked in the champions league again. 2 years ago i would never have said that!

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » ma mar 21, 2005 6:15 pm

DanK schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:

K.
Ko i tend to agree with you on this mate. Imagine if this group of youngsters was under the guidence of Cruijff or van gaal??? 2 years ago we were one of the brightest teams in european football, we are now the laughing stock of Holland.

The team currently lacks all ambition. Think of someone like vdv. How good he was and how people were talking about him being the next big thing. I am sure the opposites can be applied now.

This is not a quick fix, but hopefully we can see some improvement before the year is out. In all honesty, I would rather play in the uefa cup next year, than get our a#@ kicked in the champions league again. 2 years ago i would never have said that!
I would for one prefer to get Champions League every year, because this is the palce where you meet all the best teams, and because it brings a lot of cash, and we need money if we want to be competitive at a domestic and european level.

Monkey Tonk

Bericht door Monkey Tonk » ma mar 21, 2005 6:41 pm

Sometimes it helps to step back, like a painter from his canvas, for a broader perspective. The truth is that, as painful as these dark valleys are, they have always been part of Ajax. Along with the high peaks we all love to remember.

Ajax is art. We strive for a brand of soccer that, in the eyes of the rest of the world, is completely unrealistic. And most of the time the world is right. Most of the time, Ajax is a laboratory where so many experiments go wrong that others wonder why we even bother. During our greatest moments of darkness they may even pity us. When times are hard doubt is never far and some infidels, like Koeman, may even propose to lower the bar. They completely fail to understand what Ajax is about. They don't realize that once every so many years the philosophy pays off; that once every so many years we are the envy of the entire soccer world.

Yes, it is painful to be an Ajax supporter. There is no more idealistic soccer club in the world. This is a club of dreamers, who can't accept a grey reality of common sense. We know that our dream will come true, again and again, just as it has before. And we're willing to have our fair share of nightmares along the way. This is AJAX, a way of life, dammit!

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » ma mar 21, 2005 8:54 pm

Dark Horse schreef:Sometimes it helps to step back, like a painter from his canvas, for a broader perspective. The truth is that, as painful as these dark valleys are, they have always been part of Ajax. Along with the high peaks we all love to remember.

Ajax is art. We strive for a brand of soccer that, in the eyes of the rest of the world, is completely unrealistic. And most of the time the world is right. [...] We know that our dream will come true, again and again, just as it has before. And we're willing to have our fair share of nightmares along the way. This is Ajax, a way of life, dammit!
AMEN BRTOHER.

AjaxThailand

Bericht door AjaxThailand » ma mar 21, 2005 9:07 pm

When Co left a few years ago I was stunned. We were ranked well and new players were doing well. We had players like Mido, Zlatan, Chivu and some others on the books.

Couple of years later: Our young stars seem to have burned up.

Koeman managed to get some successes because of the good work that Co did and the players he bought or those that he made into good first squad players.

Koeman sold players and was able to buy new players. Problem is that almost none have proven to be any good with the possible exception of Rosales. Zlatan, Mido and then other the other side Harristeas. Van de meyde on one side and on the other side soutars, sikora. Koeman has personally created this mess in which we are in by buying shitty players. It will take time now to sell the junk, find new players, fit them in etc. Koeman bedankt!

About Blind: Sure, he is a true ajaxied. He speaks great words like putting more dutch in the team etc. But he hasnt proven himself as a coach in anyway. I would rather have an experienced coach with a proven track record and preferably someone with some form of ajax past.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » di mar 22, 2005 12:45 am

What Ajax needs is a Johan Neeskens and Ruud Krol in defence. Just the sound of their breathing would whip Vaart and Sneijder into shape in no time.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di mar 22, 2005 8:54 am

Dark Horse schreef:Sometimes it helps to step back, like a painter from his canvas, for a broader perspective. The truth is that, as painful as these dark valleys are, they have always been part of Ajax. Along with the high peaks we all love to remember.

Ajax is art. We strive for a brand of soccer that, in the eyes of the rest of the world, is completely unrealistic. And most of the time the world is right. Most of the time, Ajax is a laboratory where so many experiments go wrong that others wonder why we even bother. During our greatest moments of darkness they may even pity us. When times are hard doubt is never far and some infidels, like Koeman, may even propose to lower the bar. They completely fail to understand what Ajax is about. They don't realize that once every so many years the philosophy pays off; that once every so many years we are the envy of the entire soccer world.

Yes, it is painful to be an Ajax supporter. There is no more idealistic soccer club in the world. This is a club of dreamers, who can't accept a grey reality of common sense. We know that our dream will come true, again and again, just as it has before. And we're willing to have our fair share of nightmares along the way. This is Ajax, a way of life, dammit!
Quite right ! But our responsability as supporters is to express our feelings and try to get Ajax back on tracks. The most serious threat is to see Ajax run by people who would turn it onto an -almost- ordinary club.

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » di mar 22, 2005 8:09 pm

1) The defence sucks
3) Koeman screwed it all

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » di mar 22, 2005 8:38 pm

The Purple Cow schreef:1) The defence sucks
3) Koeman screwed it all

AAHAHHAHAHAHHHA, I KNEW it !!!!!

;) ;) ;) :D :D :D

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo mar 23, 2005 8:56 am

Who the F*** is Arie ?
Appie, stay strong !

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » wo mar 23, 2005 11:17 am

philippe schreef:Who the F*** is Arie ?
In my joke, Arie stands for Arie Haan, the mythic Ajax midfielder we all know...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo mar 23, 2005 12:09 pm

there are so many Aries around ...
Appie, stay strong !

Gesloten