Ajax friendlies

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: Ajax friendlies

Bericht door SPL » vr dec 30, 2022 8:38 pm

Played Telstar today and won 5-1.The game lasted 120 mins ,I watched it but for 60 mins Lucca was left wing which is crazy and Kudus as striker.When Brobbey came on , a proper striker, he scored 3 goals.

In the first 60 mins Kudus played well and i enjoyed Fitz-JIm , who still had far more of the ball than Klaassen or Alvarez.Later on in the game we had some teenage Young Ajax players ,Aertssen,Gooijer,Vos and Regeer getting playing time.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za dec 31, 2022 6:49 am

I feel like Kudus could be our best player right now. Cannot understand how he gets played everywhere except his preferred position (or benched).

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jul 04, 2023 1:01 pm

First friendly of the season is Saturday against Den Bosch. All friendlies will be on Ziggo Sports for those with an IPTV subscription.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jul 04, 2023 1:38 pm

No friendlies in the Arena this summer.I will be able to watch league games with Mola tv and today I am changing to Virgin and will get BT sports so all CL,Europa and Conference games. Thus I will only need to find streams for cup and friendlies .

On the subject of friendlies we are coming up next week to 6 years since that terrible day in the Austria when Appie collapsed. I still think of him everyday when I look up Ajax news and watch games.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jul 08, 2023 12:31 pm

Playing Den Bosch today. Starting lineup: Passveer; Goojier, Salah- Edine, Hato, Wijndal; Vos, van den Boomen, Klaassen; Berghuis, de Waal, Godts

second half line up is Jong Ajax: De Graaff; Jermoumi, Aertssen, Warmerdam, Agougil; Chahid, Misehouy, Brandes; Kalokoh, Banel, Martha.

Match ends up with a 2-2 draw. Not much to comment on as the team has only been in training for just over a week. Pasveer with a really stupid slow pass and maybe he didn't see the attacker no more than 2 meters from him. the ball was easily put past him and into the net. Den Bosch scored again in the 2nd half off a corner when Agouli (I think it was him) didn't go with his man quickly enough and it was an easy header. Kaokoh was responsible for both Ajax goals, the first was a good shot that was parried but Misehouy put it in. The second one was the result of a nice pass from Warmerdam to Chaid and then to Kalokoh who put the ball past the defender and keeper into the far side of the goal.
Laatst gewijzigd door Orange14 op za jul 08, 2023 2:08 pm, 2 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jul 08, 2023 12:44 pm

1-0 down ,I am not watching but just keeping an eye on Showtime. All the fans there are in meltdown because we are losing and dont seem to realise its a friendly with our B team.Everyone of them is rubbishing Klaassen and Wijndal.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jul 08, 2023 2:08 pm

Finished 2-2 Misehouy and Kolokah our goals.In the 2nd half we had a Jong Ajax side out and they evidently played a lot better football.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jul 08, 2023 2:10 pm

SPL schreef:
za jul 08, 2023 2:08 pm
Finished 2-2 Misehouy and Kolokah our goals.In the 2nd half we had a Jong Ajax side out and they evidently played a lot better football.
Not really, I don't think one can say that there was anything to damn or praise other than the bonehead play by Pasveer in the first half.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jul 18, 2023 1:53 pm

Ajax playing Shakhtar Donnetsk right now on the Ajax YouTube channel. Ajax up at the half 3-0 with two from Kudus (one from the spot after Rensch was taken down in the box) and one from Bergwijn. 1st half linelup: Gorter; Rensch, Aertsen, Hato, Salah-Edine; Tahirovic, van den Boomen, Klaassen; Kudus, Rasmussen, Bergwijn Ajax passing is very sharp.

EDIT: 2nd half line up: Pasveer; Goojier, Hato (Milanovich 60), Bassey, Wijndal; Taylor, van den Boomen (Vos 60), Klaassen (Hlynsson 60); Daramy, Brobbey, Godts No goals in the 2nd half. Some sloppy passing but Shakhtar could not take advantage of some bad turnovers. Good to see Milanovich back after some injuries last year.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jul 22, 2023 12:06 pm

Ajax play Anderlecht in a Friendly today. Match is on Ziggo Sport for those with an IPTV subscription. Starting Lineup: Rulli; Rensch, Aertsen, Hato, Salah-Eddine; Taylor, van den Boomen, Klaassen; Kudus, Brobbey, Bergwijn. I expect lots of substitutes in the 2nd half.

EDIT: 1-0 at the half with a nice goal from Dolberg (who is shorn of his golden locks, maybe a team building activity as everyone had short hair on the Anderlecht side). Aertsen was slightly out of position but it was a tough defensive play to make and he had a very nice defense of Dolberg later in the half. Some very good cross field passing from van den Boomen and Bergwijn had the best shot on goal from Ajax. Bassey is on the bench but reports are he won't play as the transfer to Fulham is being finalized. I guess we'll see if that takes place.

EDIT(2): not much good to write about as Ajax lose 3-0. Aertsen with an own goal at the 80th minute (he actually made a decent play on a goal line cross but the ball glanced off his leg and into the net) and a late goal when Ajax were scrambling to get into position. Ajax had some solid shots on goal but the Anderlecht keeper was up to the task and made some good saves. Salah-Eddine was pretty solid and Taylor was quite poor

Second half substitutes: Gorter for Rulli; Tahirovich for Klaassen; Conceicao for Brobbey; Darami for Bergwijn; and Godts for Taylor

Augsburg and Dortmund still to come before the season starts. Ajax need to find a RCB ASAP!!!!! Aertsen is the only right footed player at that position and is not ready this season.
Laatst gewijzigd door Orange14 op za jul 22, 2023 2:33 pm, 2 keer totaal gewijzigd.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jul 22, 2023 12:29 pm

I wont bother looking for a stream as I have said I have Mola for league games and BT for Europe so only time I will look for a stream will be Dutch cup

Looking at our squad,only Berghuis ,Alvarez missing and Wijndal sub so the 11 starters are the best available and Salah-Eddine played for Jong Ajax v Beerschot of Belgium yesterday(we won 3-2)

.Bassey a sub so maybe he is not going to Fulham yet!!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za jul 22, 2023 3:29 pm

Squad is still not good enough. You can tell because Taylor is in it.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jul 22, 2023 6:23 pm

Tom_ schreef:
za jul 22, 2023 3:29 pm
Squad is still not good enough. You can tell because Taylor is in it.
I still don't know what his best position is. At the U-21 Euros he was the attacking MF and one of the better players for the team. Unfortunately, he is just to inconsistent.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo jul 23, 2023 12:22 am

Not in the midfield, if you ask me. He runs a lot. But his passing is average or worse, his shooting is terrible and he doesn’t carry the ball well. I really don’t understand why he’s in the starting 11.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jul 23, 2023 12:41 pm

Taylor is moderate and Fitz-Jim has far more ability.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jul 25, 2023 4:02 pm

There is a friendly starting right now on YouTube against SpVgg Unterhaching. Have no clue about the opponent.
Lineup: Gorter; Jermoumi, Gooijer, Milovanovic, Wijndal; Klaassen, Misehouy, Taylor; Conceição, Brobbey, Daramy

EDIT: 1-2 at the half courtesy of some very poor defending on both goals by Ajax. Brobbey pulls one back with a penalty following a hand ball in the box. Not much positive to write about.

EDIT: 2nd half lineup: Rulli; Rensch, Aertssen, Hato, Salah-Eddine; Van den Boomen, Tahirovic, Hlynsson; Godts, Rasmussen, Bergwijn. Ajax get four nice goals in the half to win 5-3. Hlynsson, Godts, Tahirovich, and Bergwijn found the net. Conceded a late goal as the result of a poor Rensch past that was intercepted and a shot from distance was not saved by Rulli

Next Friendly is Augsburg.
Laatst gewijzigd door Orange14 op di jul 25, 2023 5:52 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jul 25, 2023 5:03 pm

2-1 down at Ht,I missed the opening goal but only Misehouy looked ok of the MF and attack nothing . Mislintat on the touchline ,why on earth is he not trying to buy some CD's ??

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jul 25, 2023 6:03 pm

Won 5-3 and a far better 2nd half. The 2nd half lineup much stronger and I was impressed by the 2 new MF ,Bergwijn on the left and Godts on the right.He is already better than Conceicao, who has no finish, and Godts can play with 2 feet so can cover either flank.
What today showed me: Klaassen needs to go,Taylor ok for the bench, Daramy simply dreadful and Wijndal just let him go the guy is rubbish.No idea why he was signed 10m down the drain . Hato very much our best defender.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » di jul 25, 2023 6:56 pm

I was only able to watch the first 30 minutes before my professional life interfered with the rest of the game. must say that daramy looked awful against German 3rd division defenders. Read somewhere that FCK want to buy him back and I say go for it. Klaassen was dreadful as well, with bad passing and ball handling. Conceicao keeps running into double coverage or running out of bounds with the ball, his last pass also always seems to be just a fraction too late. Not great against a poor German side. Need to spend some money to improve this team

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jul 30, 2023 11:47 am

Seems like a poorish performance v Augsburg 3-1 defeat. Brobbey a penalty and Rulli seemed to be at fault with all their goals.

2 weeks to the first league game and our squad is nowhere near good enough.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma aug 14, 2023 11:48 am

A friendly today at De Toekomst v Go Ahead Eagles 14-00 CET and its on Ajax youtube . Having spent Saturday night watching Ajax ,yesterday went to cricket for the day so will have to break it to the wife I may be unavailable for a couple of hours this afternoon.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma aug 14, 2023 1:51 pm

1-0 down at Ht and Berghuis ,I believe made a dreadful mistake for their goal.Rasmussen missed a sitter just before HT. Vos really impresses me , its only GAE but we dont need to buy a back up DMF as he should get playing time.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma aug 14, 2023 1:51 pm

Here is the line up: Ramaj; Sánchez (Jermouni 74'), Aertssen, Gooijer (Brandes 51'), Wijndal; Vos (Fitz-Jim 74'), Klaassen (Martha 74'), Berghuis (Misehouy 74'); Forbs (Hlynsson 46') , Rasmussen (Banel 46'), Godts. First half was pretty boring with lots of Ajax trying to bring the ball up from the back. Ramaj looks good with his feet and calm. Unfortunately he made a poor decision on a short pass to Berghuis and the #10 was even worse with a weak back pass that was easily intercepted for a clear shot on goal. Rassmussen had a couple of good chances but bungled them. Vos played well at holding MF. Forbs looks lively but tries to attack double teams. Second half was equally boring with Ajax continuing to have trouble getting the ball out of their half. Nobody played with distinction and Banel missed an easy chance on goal.
Laatst gewijzigd door Orange14 op ma aug 14, 2023 2:54 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma aug 14, 2023 2:53 pm

Finished 1-0 defeat , not much to add about the 2nd half ,plenty of subs but some fringe players have had a run out.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jan 07, 2024 1:13 pm

About to play Hannover ,I wont bother finding an illegal stream.We are putting out our strongest line up although many are not good enough.

Yesterday both sides reserves played each other and although on our Youtube channel it was 2x30 min game so I went and watched my local team.

Our reserves lost 3-0. Defence of Gaaei,Matic,Avila Martha not nearly good enough probably RKC standard. Gooijer did not even get any minutes which is poor. MF yesterday had Kaplan at 6,S-Eddine 8 and Misehouy at 10. At least Misehouy is a sub today and I hope he gets 10mins or so.Need to get him extended and on the bench every game.

Plaats reactie