Ajax jerseys, kit sponsors

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di apr 18, 2006 11:11 am

bryan schreef:you know what would be really cool? if they just made the away shirt the same as the home one except changed the white for black. so a black shirt with a thick red vertical stripe. perhaps a slightly darker shade of red just to make it look darker.

such simple thinking however is beyond most sports companies.

edit: actually, didn't we have a shirt like that once? i can't remember
Yeah that would be pretty sweet...PSG's looks pretty good with the dark blue, but the black would look excellent.

I actually like the new away shirt though. Just wish the collar was round, but other than than the black is always a good option on away shirts.

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » di apr 18, 2006 11:26 pm

I just wanted to agree to the point that the Dutch WC jersey kicks ass! However instead of buying it, I was introduced to a way of getting it and a bet on the World Cup. Instead of joining the office pools, I'm putting a bet with www.gamebookers.com who will give you a voucher for a free jersey (to the value of £40) to use at subsidesports.com... .

No prizes for guessing which jersey I'll be claiming my voucher against...Suggestions for the bet are welcomed. I'm thinking Brazil.. .
AJACIED

bryan

Bericht door bryan » di apr 18, 2006 11:37 pm

i think the dutch world cup jersey is incredibly ugly, for what it's worth. it looks like a hockey jersey or like something a student union moron would wear

the numbers are worst of all, they look like duct tape

my favourite jersey at the world cup are the swiss and the czech puma ones. nice and plain, no pretentiousness

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo apr 19, 2006 6:35 am

ofey schreef:I just wanted to agree to the point that the Dutch WC jersey kicks ass! However instead of buying it.
Damn. why didn't I think of that. Agree that this shirt is totally cool. The bright Orange is actually labelled "Safety Orange". Managed to get one at the weekend for £31.49 (Lillywhites in Piccadilly Circus, London if anyone is interested......)
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

bryan

Bericht door bryan » wo apr 19, 2006 10:56 am

The safety vest I used to wear on the building site is safety orange as well. It cost E2.50.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo apr 19, 2006 11:05 am

I really like the Holland kits, too. Nice and plain. The away kit rocks, but I also like the home one. Best jerseys we've had in years. The shorts are so long it's a bit silly, though. But that will probably be changed, as the players have complained about it, too.

K.
Still alive...

Real Ajax

Bericht door Real Ajax » wo apr 19, 2006 11:46 am

bryan schreef:i think the dutch world cup jersey is incredibly ugly, for what it's worth. it looks like a hockey jersey or like something a student union moron would wear
LOL, now that is what's bothering me about those shirts! :D

Haven't seen the shirt yet, but I'll trust the Italians to be too-cool-for-school again.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo apr 19, 2006 6:50 pm

bryan schreef:The safety vest I used to wear on the building site is safety orange as well. It cost E2.50.
yeah, but I bet it had no style...this shirt is really cool. I like it much more than the England shirt that's just come out for example........

WelshAjaxFan

Bericht door WelshAjaxFan » wo apr 26, 2006 11:18 am

I received the new Holland home kit this morning with Van Bommel 6 (even though he's a former PSV player, sorry) on the back and I love it! As soon as I get paid I will be purchasing the new away shirt - don't know who to have on the back though - wanted Heitinga - gutted he's not going to the world cup, might go for Sneijder now!

Does anyone know when the new Ajax away shirt is going on sale? Will defo be buying it - it looks great!

Good luck to the boys tonight - I predict 2-0!

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo apr 26, 2006 4:55 pm

WelshAjaxFan schreef: As soon as I get paid I will be purchasing the new away shirt
I really liked the new away shirt to look at as well but now I've seen it in the shops I definately won't be getting one, it just look really really cheap and nasty, material and that.

Great home shirt though but Van Bommel...are you sure....I sort of like Barca too but after last season's 4-0 against PSV Van Diver is definately my least favourite Barca player :nooo:

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » do jun 29, 2006 10:33 am

Well here is the new home top - what does everybody think.

Its not too bad, no 3 adidas stripes on it and the band goes all the way round. Material looks bit crap though and maybe a white collar round neck although a lot of the 1970s tops had red collar. I notice that the adidias wave type design down side is not noticeable at all so overall a nice plain top

http://shirt.ajax.nl/
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do jun 29, 2006 11:23 am

jamcocteau schreef:Well here is the new home top - what does everybody think.

Its not too bad, no 3 adidas stripes on it and the band goes all the way round. Material looks bit crap though and maybe a white collar round neck although a lot of the 1970s tops had red collar. I notice that the adidias wave type design down side is not noticeable at all so overall a nice plain top

http://shirt.ajax.nl/
Looks nice and simple. Classic Ajax. Not 100% sure about the little piece on the front of the neck though. In regards to the material. It looks similar to last seasons and the current adidas wc tops. imo these feel great and are much better quality than the current puma ones for example.

ajaxperu

Bericht door ajaxperu » do jun 29, 2006 7:14 pm

Well we had already seen it when Ogararu signed for Ajax (he was wearing the new shirt). I like it, it's simple and it reminds me of the classical Ajax shirts :xyxthumbs:
"We knew exactly how Ajax were going to play...but there was no way we were ever going to win"

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr jun 30, 2006 6:36 am

It does look lighter weight material, like my MITEA top. I like that. I also like no three stripes on the sleeve and the uninterrupted, classic style, red bar.I'll be purchasing one. The away top looks more like my black CL top .Not sure about it yet.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

acab

Bericht door acab » vr jun 30, 2006 11:09 am

Manneken Pis schreef:
philippe schreef:good idea ! where can it be found ?
Here's one company for starters.....

http://www.toffs.com/Products/Continent ... /index.htm
i saw it too. the kits are very good. if i found 50 euro i will buy myself. i have a 95-96 (i think) home umbro shirt and 04-05 away yellow shirt. i buy it from madrid. thi year shirts R cool, why all U don't like a home one

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » vr jun 30, 2006 10:29 pm

It's good that there are no revolutions in the new shirts... It's one of our symbols and I hope that it won't change in the nearest future... Nice one, just like the rest of our former shirts :D .

acab

Bericht door acab » za jul 01, 2006 10:27 am

Kowalczyk schreef:I love the colours, but I hate the a-symmetric red thing.

Should have been symmetric. Now it's just an uglier version of the 2004-2005 'cup jersey' (a.k.a. the Bayern kit).

K.
i think you'r getting old :D don't anger with that

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za jul 01, 2006 11:07 am

acab schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:I love the colours, but I hate the a-symmetric red thing.

Should have been symmetric. Now it's just an uglier version of the 2004-2005 'cup jersey' (a.k.a. the Bayern kit).

K.
i think you'r getting old :D don't anger with that
Have to say, I much prefer the home to the away kit this year, and the world cup and familiarity (t & t at least) has not warmed me to that wierd stripey thing.

I'll probably buy an away shirt though, especially if I see one on sale here on a Saturday afternoon (and especially if it's pay day like today :D )

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo jul 02, 2006 1:42 am

While I was bored and looking around on the internet I found a site selling last season Champions League shirt.

http://www.bigsoccershop.com/109178.html

I've not seen these on sale anywhere else and wouldn't mind one, looks quite good, but not at their price.

Haven't even seen this on sale at the ArenA, seems very odd that you can only get it on 1 US site.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo jul 05, 2006 6:51 pm

Well, I really like the new home shirt now I've actually seen one (not just a picture). They have them in the Adidas Store in Oxford Street, London and I was very tempted (but at £45.00 they can keep it, I'll get one in NL and get a name on the back).

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » wo jul 05, 2006 9:02 pm

they are not cheeper here I guess :sad:
Henk de Gier is geniaal en zijn tijd ver vooruit.
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo jul 05, 2006 10:41 pm

Henk de Gier schreef:they are not cheeper here I guess :sad:
You're probaly right but I want a name/number on mine (and anyway, that price is very expensive for London, normally about £30.00 to £40.00 max)

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » do jul 06, 2006 9:05 am

A few years back I paid 10 guilders per letter on a shirt, approx 4,5 euro. I don't know what the price per letter is right now.
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do jul 06, 2006 10:51 am

Free if you buy it on X'Mas :yes:
Get a Cock

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » do jul 06, 2006 10:53 am

I'm in Indonesia at x-mas. Don't think I can buy the real deal there.
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

Plaats reactie