Amsterdam ArenA

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

souras84

Re: Amsterdam ArenA

Bericht door souras84 » ma jun 20, 2011 2:33 pm

Is it going to look like camp nou when they put the 3rd row? it will be like a cliff to be on the 3rd row!!! and how possible is it to play a sold out game with 70.000?
May the Force be with you

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » ma jun 20, 2011 6:29 pm

GangstaRiB schreef: They are trying to crank up the capacity to 70.000 by putting a 3rd ring on the Arena. Also they want to close the gap between the seats and pitch. They had plans to lower the pitch, but I don't know about the current status of that.
Is it still the plan now that the World Cup won't be played in the Netherlands? I think I have read that the renovation would consist in adding some "green stuff", improving the access to the stadium, add a few seats to reach something like 55 000 places, and that was about it.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

arizonaajax
Contacteer:

Bericht door arizonaajax » di jun 21, 2011 2:22 pm

I do like it when the pitch is closer to the seats.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » di jun 21, 2011 2:40 pm

Although it would be nice to revamp the stadium a bit, i dont think unless Ajax carries on its recent success that we would fill it.

It wouldn't really make too much sense to lower the pitch. Under the pitch currently is a large amount of dead space admittedly, but there is also the undersoil heating (i.e. lots of pipes etc).

I think it would be a nice idea to fill in the 'Moat' around the pitch, this would bring the fans closer to the pitch, and give for a bit more of an atmosphere. But does this mean we would lose some of the nice features (graffitti wall etc)?

I would imagine that the 3rd tier idea would be most costly, as it would involve removing the roof? Unless im missing something, im pretty sure it would have to go upwards. (Or are they planning to use some of the space up there?

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di jun 21, 2011 6:48 pm

Another tier ? Do I get an oxygen mask , Crampons, petons, and climbing rope with my ticket. Or will I need to purchase them at the Fan Shop ?
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo okt 31, 2012 2:02 pm

One of the things the supporters hate about the ArenA are the concrete 'trenches' around the pitch: a gap between stands and pitch.

It appears that the stadium's finally working on that. The trench on the North side has been convered with a wheelchair platform (used by Wesley the Lunatic to attack the AZ goalkeeper...), additional rows of seats are in the trench on the East side. Today's news is that the trench on the West side (in front of the main stand) will disappear and be filled up with extra seats.

That's very good news.

K.
Still alive...

ajaxusa
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » zo mar 31, 2013 5:31 pm

I've been scanning old photographs (the kind of thing you do when you're approaching 50), and found a few from my tour of the ArenA during construction.

(I hope that link works... Google Drive is weird about sharing an entire folder.)
Mark it 8, Dude.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo mar 31, 2013 7:00 pm

ajaxusa schreef:I've been scanning old photographs (the kind of thing you do when you're approaching 50)
lol - "snap!", and when you're 41. Psted a link for some of mine on here a week or so ago, still going through stuff, got loads of the (finished) ArenA that I'll link together at some point if anyone wants to look.

Will take a look at yours definately though.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma apr 01, 2013 7:50 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:
ajaxusa schreef:I've been scanning old photographs (the kind of thing you do when you're approaching 50)
lol - "snap!", and when you're 41. Psted a link for some of mine on here a week or so ago, still going through stuff, got loads of the (finished) ArenA that I'll link together at some point if anyone wants to look.

Will take a look at yours definately though.
Very nice - had a look now - my favourite is actually the De Meer one though - never got to go there (though I have since had my picture taken on the "penalty spot").
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Plaats reactie