Amsterdam ArenA

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

MIKE_ZUID2 (ASR_AFCA)
AT Toto winner 07/08

Bericht door MIKE_ZUID2 (ASR_AFCA) » wo jan 10, 2007 11:25 am

Last weekend they laid a new pitch in the ArenA, for what it is worth...

MIKE_ZUID2 (ASR_AFCA)
AT Toto winner 07/08

Bericht door MIKE_ZUID2 (ASR_AFCA) » wo jan 10, 2007 11:27 am

bryan schreef:i noticed the banners on the roof beams "ik ben rood, wit etc" but didn't notice the red and white on the concrete. perhaps because i was on the second tier. do they have is along the side as well?
What is the exact question, I don´t understand it...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo jan 10, 2007 9:46 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:I definitely don't mean Blackpool, but OPH's home town team, Braintree Town. You may not have noticed it yet, but they're on a crusade that won't stop until they've won the Champions League.

For starters, Bishop's Stortford didn't stand a chance against them.

K.
Oh, I know they're OPH's other other team ;) . Are they doing well then, I'll have to have a look out. I still think that the 'pool have slightly more chance of CL football in the next 200 years or so.....
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » do jan 11, 2007 10:33 am

SE6Ajacied schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:I definitely don't mean Blackpool, but OPH's home town team, Braintree Town. You may not have noticed it yet, but they're on a crusade that won't stop until they've won the Champions League.

K.
Oh, I know they're OPH's other other team ;) . Are they doing well then, I'll have to have a look out. I still think that the 'pool have slightly more chance of CL football in the next 200 years or so.....
We must both keep the faith - I have no problems at all if the Pool also qualify as it will most certainly scare the pants off the so-called Europe elite if these 2 great clubs appear over their western horizon. :headbang:
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do jan 11, 2007 6:44 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:
SE6Ajacied schreef:

K.
We must both keep the faith - I have no problems at all if the Pool also qualify as it will most certainly scare the pants off the so-called Europe elite if these 2 great clubs appear over their western horizon. :headbang:
Yes, well I'm actually thinking of writing to UEFA anyway. The 'Pool would have qualified for the Cup Winners Cup in 1953-54 and the CL in 1956-57 (as league runners up). Total bloody injustice if you ask me they hadn't been invented yet.

I supose as a Palace fan you would sypathise though, after UEFA handily re-instated Liverpool into Europe after that 3rd placed season.

I see Bishops are 2nd in Nationwide South, not bad going :xyxthumbs:

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » vr jan 12, 2007 12:50 am

As the topic changed into a "hometown clubs info", I have to write incredible thing. It is the first time when a player from KS Piaseczno went to a foreign club! Wigan Athletic has just bought our starlet - central midfielder/ forward Tomasz Kupisz. He's 17 (born 02.01.1990) and he was a first squad player in Poland U-16 and U-17 teams.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr jan 12, 2007 2:00 am

AsgAarD_xxx schreef: (born 02.01.1990)
Right... At moments like these I realize that I'm getting old... January 2nd, 1990... I know, mathematically speaking, that it's seventeen years ago. But somehow I can hardly believe that there are more or less grown-up people who were born in 1990. For f*cks's sake, for a split second it really sounds like the kid must be a baby.

Umm, I'm not sure what my point is. Goodnight.

K.
Still alive...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » vr jan 12, 2007 8:53 am

Kowalczyk schreef:
AsgAarD_xxx schreef: (born 02.01.1990)
Right... At moments like these I realize that I'm getting old... January 2nd, 1990... I know, mathematically speaking, that it's seventeen years ago. But somehow I can hardly believe that there are more or less grown-up people who were born in 1990. For f*cks's sake, for a split second it really sounds like the kid must be a baby.

Umm, I'm not sure what my point is. Goodnight.

K.
LOL. I know what you mean Ko. I started feeling this when players were showing as born in the late 80s...welcome to being in the age of dodgy knees, bad ankles, crappy shoulders and soon, yes wait for it...bad memory X'C

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » vr jan 12, 2007 9:39 am

SE6Ajacied schreef:
So now you are supporting our enemy - its Braintree Town that should be consuming all of your waking hours. :headbang:

As to injustices - you are 100% right about the Palavce and Liverpool Saga - the rules were the rules until the powers to be decided otherwise after the season had finished. I still bear the grudge as it then meant the team started to break up with Ian Wright etc moving on and that team were a bloody good team.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr jan 12, 2007 11:14 am

Over Pasanens Head schreef:
SE6Ajacied schreef:
So now you are supporting our enemy - its Braintree Town that should be consuming all of your waking hours. :headbang:
Oh yeah :blush: I do look at the lower leagues and enjoy watching a game but I don't think I'll convince anyone that I'm familiar with the Conference South league - still 8th isn't bad.

I think I've just done what everyone else does when I tell them my team....."Oh yeah, Blackburn, they're not bad....!)

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » vr jan 26, 2007 10:20 am

There is a mention of our beloved ArenA today on Engadget (which is a tech-bling-wiz-eye candy-computer hardware website, go figure), I thought I should share with the community.

Although, it might be very old news for you all, since I'm far from being up to date when it comes to football news these days...

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/26/amst ... int-scans/
meh :|

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » vr jun 29, 2007 4:21 pm

Our grass is a bit greener. The Amsterdam Admirals are officially pronounced dead.
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Champions League final?

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo sep 05, 2007 7:42 pm

From newspaper De Telegraaf:

The Amsterdam ArenA is running for the Champions League final of either 2010 or 2011. The stadium officially presented itself to the UEFA today. The mayor of Amsterdam, Mr Job Cohen, has signed the 'agreement with city authority' the UEFA requires from each candidate.

One of the aldermen of the Amsterdam city council, Mr Gehrels, said: "I hope we will be given this final, so that we can show the world that Amsterdam would also be a a perfect candidate for the World Cup of 2018 and the Olympics of 2028."

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 13, 2009 12:55 pm

The Amsterdam ArenA, Ajax and the city of Amsterdam are currently looking at two plans for the stadium.

The first plan is relatively cheap and would increase the capacity to 66,000 by building 'boxes' under the roof and 'closing' the trenches around the pitch.

The second plan is more expensive: a third tier to be built on top of the second, which would make the capacity 70,000+.

I would be in favour of plan 1. That spunds great. The thing I hate the most about the ArenA are the concrete trenches. They're too wide, especially behind the goals. If we could fill those up with seats, that would be a great plan.

K.
Still alive...

Wie kent Cees de Wolf nog
AT Toto winner 09/10

Bericht door Wie kent Cees de Wolf nog » vr feb 13, 2009 1:05 pm

Definately; the trenches are awful. But I think it sounds easier than it is.

I assume those new places in the trenches will have a poor sight on the pitch. The vissibility from the lower parts behind the goal aren't already that great and filling up the trenches implicate you can't put the chairs too high, because it will block the view for the lower parts of the stadium. I'm very interested to see how they will solve this kind of problems.
“Freedom! Football is freedom.” Bob Marley

MIKE_ZUID2 (ASR_AFCA)
AT Toto winner 07/08

Bericht door MIKE_ZUID2 (ASR_AFCA) » vr feb 13, 2009 1:22 pm

But at least they admit that the ArenA can function without the trenches
till now they always said that the trenches were needed for transport and that kind of things...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 13, 2009 1:26 pm

MIKE_ZUID2 (ASR_AFCA) schreef:till now they always said that the trenches were needed for transport and that kind of things...
Yes, and it's bollocks.

When we visited the Nordbank Arena of HSV Hamburg I was looking around and I thought: this is the Amsterdam ArenA but without the mistakes. This is what it could have been. No trenches, fans right behind the goals, no huge 'wind tunnels' in the corners...

And guess what: Bruce Springsteen does concerts at the Nordbank Arena, too! So the trenches are not necessary for rock concert logistics, apparently...

Let's fill 'em up, is what I say.

K.
Still alive...

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » vr feb 13, 2009 1:50 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: Let's fill 'em up, is what I say.

K.
YES!!!!

A.S.A.F.P.

Not only are they ugly buggers, but I'm confinced they destroy the contact between fans and players and decrease the "home advantage". Look at the Kuip with all the inbreds screaming and scratching themselves...

The Arena is almost a neutral venue at present.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » vr feb 13, 2009 2:15 pm

The sad thing is that I don't think it will improve the pitch. Or do they thought to this point in one of their plan?

I'm also wondering where Ajax would play during the renovation.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr feb 13, 2009 3:32 pm

It's hard enough to fill the stadium most days anyway. Why add more seats?

I'm all for bringing the fans closer to the action, but I don't see any need to add more seats.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

DanK

Bericht door DanK » vr feb 13, 2009 3:37 pm

aveslacker schreef:It's hard enough to fill the stadium most days anyway. Why add more seats?

I'm all for bringing the fans closer to the action, but I don't see any need to add more seats.
I thought it had to do with Holland/Belgium bid for the 2018 WC.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » vr feb 13, 2009 9:44 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:The sad thing is that I don't think it will improve the pitch. Or do they thought to this point in one of their plan?

I'm also wondering where Ajax would play during the renovation.
Estadio Olimpico de Amsterdam can hold 32,000 or so.

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » di mar 17, 2009 5:46 pm

Mark it 8, Dude.

martinkohout

Re:

Bericht door martinkohout » wo mei 20, 2009 3:26 am

DanK schreef:
aveslacker schreef:It's hard enough to fill the stadium most days anyway. Why add more seats?

I thought it had to do with Holland/Belgium bid for the 2018 WC.
Yup. There's a story about it on ajax.nl titled "De ArenA: groei versus realisme" (growth vs. realism). I don't read Dutch :blush.gif: , but arena director Henk Markerink seems less than completely sold on the idea, as best I can tell from the Google Translated version: "We must continue to use our common sense.... What do you do with such a big stadium with the World Cup behind us?" He also (quite sensibly) mentions "Delle Alpi syndrome" as something to be avoided.
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

martinkohout

Re: Re:

Bericht door martinkohout » wo mei 20, 2009 3:55 am

mako schreef:I don't read Dutch :blush.gif:
Yeah, I know: another typical bloody American.
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

Plaats reactie