Rasmus Lindgren

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

jakobg
Contacteer:

Rasmus Lindgren

Bericht door jakobg » wo feb 16, 2005 6:20 pm

I guess Rasmus deserves his own thread now too.

He seems to be doing really well at the moment. I've only read about him tho, never seen him in action. A question to all of you who can follow Ajax on a regular basis: What type of player is he really and what are his strenghts/weknesses?

Anyway, glad to have a Swede back in the team. It increases the media interest for Ajax over here. :yes:
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Co Adriaanse is God

Bericht door Co Adriaanse is God » vr feb 18, 2005 6:24 pm

Hi, Andy here. HAHA!!! You thought you'd escaped me by transferring en masse to another forum, well I've found you guys! I've been away for a while, but I'm back! :headbang:

I saw Lindgren play against QPR in the summer, and he has many all-round skills. His technique, passing and physique are fine, but his defining talent is his movement, both on an off the ball. He can make and time runs brilliantly, opening up passing opportunities, losing markers, creating space...and he can score too. He scored the winner against QPR and scored a few goals recently in friendlies for Ajax. He certainly has confidence in his game, and is a perfectly-fitting cog in the Ajax machine (though it's getting a little rusty with Koeman, but that's another matter).

Oh, and how do you get avatars here?
"The manager's job is to bring together the differing wills of each individual into one collective will." - Co Adriaanse

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr feb 18, 2005 8:16 pm

Co Adriaanse is God schreef:Oh, and how do you get avatars here?
Sexual favors for the mods... :pukey:

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » za feb 19, 2005 9:48 am

aveslacker schreef:Sexual favors for the mods... :pukey:
Yeah, or you can just go to your profile (click on your name on the left) and choose 'upload avatar from your computer', or something like that.

Choose the option that fits you... ;)
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » za feb 19, 2005 11:51 am

jakobg schreef:
Yeah, or you can just go to your profile (click on your name on the left) and choose 'upload avatar from your computer', or something like that.

Wow. Wish I'd known that...:blush: :blush:

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » za feb 19, 2005 1:55 pm

aveslacker schreef:
jakobg schreef:

Wow. Wish I'd known that...:blush: :blush:
You and me both man! :D
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mar 23, 2005 11:27 pm

According to the Aftonbladet of Sweden Ajax are about to offer Lindgren a three year contract. The young Swede made his official Ajax-1 début in February and is reportedly very happy at Ajax. He would like to stay if he can stay with the first team. Lindgren will discuss Ajax's offer with his agent soon. His current deal will expire at season's end.

For the Swedes, here's the article:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/sto ... 81,00.html

Nice one. This guy is developing into a really good player. I most definitely like them (and he can be an extra reason for Jakob and Per to get their arses over here sometime soon... :yes: ).

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mar 30, 2005 10:21 am

This has been buzzing around for a couple of weeks now...

Heerenveen are reportedly interested in landing Rasmus Lindgren as the successor of their Finnish star midfielder, Mika Väyrynen, who will leave the club at season's end.

Lindgren received a new contract offer from Ajax, and he has said that he would prefer to stay, but he reportedly wants the club to guarantee him a spot in the first squad for next season. If he doesn't get it he might be interested in a move (at Heerenveen he would certainly play in the first team).

Wait and see... We should keep this guy, is what I say. Good player and also a bit tougher than guys like Pienaar, Van der Vaart and Sneijder. He always gets stuck in. Will be busy in midfield, though, now that Maduro has made his big break...

K.
Still alive...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » wo mar 30, 2005 8:26 pm

From what Iäve both heard and seen from Rasmus I would also say that he's a keeper. Both from absolute and relative talent.

Absolute talent speeks for itself, young, already played for the A-team, regular in Sweden's U21 and in the other youth squads since young age.

Relative, same argument as Menno, we can't be stucj with the "all muppet" lineup for eternity. It's time for some physique and height in midfield. Sorry boys, but the patriot has spoken and he says: Keep Rasmus!
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

New deal!

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mar 31, 2005 3:55 pm

Good news!

:headbang: :eusa_dance:

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Re: New deal!

Bericht door carcajou » do mar 31, 2005 4:27 pm

I was just reading the article.... Verlengt contract (gave him a longer contract).

He's now an Ajax player till June 2007.
meh :|

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do mar 31, 2005 6:49 pm

Glad to see Lindgren get a longer deal.I think he shows great promise.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 12, 2005 11:44 pm

For your information... Lindgren was out for a week or so (hamstring injury), but made his comeback to Young Ajax on Monday night and is now ready for first team action again.

K.
Still alive...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » ma aug 22, 2005 9:17 pm

Lindgren scored a goal for Groningen in the latest round of Eredivisie.

I think it was a good choice by Ajax to lend him out. He need first team action and tempo - something he cannot get on a regular basis in Ajax.

Either we'll be able to sell him, or we'll perhaps have some use for him next season. My hope is of course the latter.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 23, 2005 10:48 am

For the time being we'll close this thread down.

Rasmus Lindgren can now be discussed in the Ajax Players On Loan thread...

http://www.ajaxtalk.nl/portal/viewtopic.php?t=5269

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jan 28, 2008 9:05 pm

Righty - he's back!

Thanks to Orange Goblin for opening a new thread, but it's actually quite nice to re-open the old one: it's nice to read some of the old postings. Gives you a nice picture of what our impression was at the time.

From the new thread, I'll re-post this one:
Ayman schreef:This is insane, we have atleast 3 or 4 players that can play left midfield. We did not need to sign Rasmus.
The other two postings were not really relevant Rasmus stuff, so...

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di jan 29, 2008 12:41 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Righty - he's back!

Thanks to Orange Goblin for opening a new thread, but it's actually quite nice to re-open the old one: it's nice to read some of the old postings. Gives you a nice picture of what our impression was at the time.

From the new thread, I'll re-post this one:
Ayman schreef:This is insane, we have atleast 3 or 4 players that can play left midfield. We did not need to sign Rasmus.
The other two postings were not really relevant Rasmus stuff, so...

K.
I believe he can play in every midfield positión plus he is a bit more ofensive mided than what we have right now plus already knows the Ajax system....dont know why we got rid of him in the first place.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di aug 12, 2008 5:37 pm

Rumour states Juventus want him for about £5m.MVB states he still wants 1 more midfielder so is unlikely to start selling players in mid August. I would imagine this story comes from the Italian press so probably no truth in it.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo aug 13, 2008 2:12 am

Between Mitchell Donald's injury and the Olympics, depending on how Emanuelson and Vertonghen are used, by MvB, we're quite possibly two or three mfs in the hole . Definitely wouldn't make much sense to lose another.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr mar 13, 2009 10:17 am

any news ? hope he's all right, and will be fit for the return leg
Appie, stay strong !

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » vr mar 13, 2009 4:38 pm

philippe schreef:any news ? hope he's all right, and will be fit for the return leg

According to the official site, it was a concussion but doesn't appear to be too serious. He will miss this Sunday's game against de Graafschap, however. Sounds like they are being cautious and will evaluate him again after the weekend.
AFCA

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Re: Rasmus Lindgren

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo jan 17, 2010 11:13 pm

Interesting comeback in the starting line-up... How long has it been?

And he scored, too!

Anyway, Rasmus' thread is back up from page three... Perhaps it ain't over for him yet. Jol was impressed in Portugal.

K.
Still alive...

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » ma jan 18, 2010 12:42 am

Last time he played with Ajax 1 was the last game of last season, in may against Twente (it was also the last time he was in the selection).

I'm glad he's back in the picture. He was one of the best today (ok, it doesn't say too much...).
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jan 25, 2010 10:06 am

Martin Jol was interviewed in football talkshow Studio Voetbal yesterday evening and one of the things he said was that Rasmus Lindgren is no longer allowed to leave Ajax. Jol wants him to stay. So, welcome 'back', Rasmus... Again.

This guy is having a very weird Ajax career: he was great in Young Ajax, did not really make it in the first team, was sold (not loaned out) to Groningen, then bought back for a few million euros. He was captain of Ajax-1 under Van Basten, then totally out of favour. And under Jol it was the other way round: totally out of favour, then suddenly a starter and above Gabri in the pecking order.

Remarkable.

K.
Still alive...

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » ma jan 25, 2010 12:07 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: This guy is having a very weird Ajax career:........... totally out of favour, then suddenly a starter and above Gabri in the pecking order. Remarkable.K.
:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

I suppose that this shows what hard work can do....and also the fact that he's probably not on mega-bucks......but, he does the job!

If some of the other players showed the same determination, I'm sure that the outcome of some of the matches would be better....the determination of some of the players leaves a lot to be desired....the knowledge of a long contract and high salary being a safety net for them....but Lindgren, who probably hasn't got either, seems to be trying to play himself into contention for every game!

Well done, that man!!!

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

Gesloten