Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » vr jan 12, 2007 8:49 am

without a transferfee in that case
I think I lost my fucking headache

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr jan 12, 2007 11:10 am

Lucas schreef:without a transferfee in that case
Don't we still get something if he's under 24? A development fee or whatever it's called.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » vr jan 12, 2007 11:12 am

That's true. But that will be next to nothing compared what a 'normal' transferfee would be. Ajax can't afford to see it's (best) players walk away for free every year. Last year was a complete disaster in that aspect.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr jan 12, 2007 11:19 am

Lucas schreef:That's true. But that will be next to nothing compared what a 'normal' transferfee would be. Ajax can't afford to see it's (best) players walk away for free every year. Last year was a complete disaster in that aspect.
Yeah, I'm with you on that one. I think the ship has tightened up a lot in recent years though. We can't force players to sign a new contract but we don't seem to be 'accidently' losing people to free transfers these days.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 12, 2007 3:28 pm

We have to hope that Van Geel will be tough as I think he will be . If Babel has not signed a new contract, even a 1 year extension, by the end of this season he must be put on the transfer list.

Last summer was a farce but the only player we will lose to Bosman this summer will be Grygera. He of course turned down a contract extension last
March but would have gone to Juve last summer had they not been relegated.

I have said this many times but Ajax have lost more money because of Bosman than any other team.

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » vr jan 12, 2007 4:42 pm

SPL schreef:
I have said this many times but Ajax have lost more money because of Bosman than any other team.
...and we very rarely get the players for free.

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » vr jan 12, 2007 6:22 pm

Roger! :cheer:

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » za jan 13, 2007 6:29 am

I think there is one problem we dont look at and its the structure off the contracts we offer. Ajax usually offers 4-3 year contracts too young players when i believe they should be giving them 6 -7 year contracts. I`ll give you an example Real Madrid bought Fernando Gago a promising Argentinian midfielder until 2013 that is a 6 year contract for a 20 year old kid who could become another Fernando Redondo for the club. Meanwhile we gave Babel only a one year extension when we could have easily given him a 3-4 year extension (like we have done with Vertonghen). That i think is one off the problems here. If a promising youngster wants too sign a contract at ajax give him a big contract that way if a big team wants too buy him they will have too wait a lot or pay a lot.

Ajax need too rethink their signing strategy.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za jan 13, 2007 6:53 am

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:I think there is one problem we dont look at and its the structure off the contracts we offer. Ajax usually offers 4-3 year contracts too young players when i believe they should be giving them 6 -7 year contracts. I`ll give you an example Real Madrid bought Fernando Gago a promising Argentinian midfielder until 2013 that is a 6 year contract for a 20 year old kid who could become another Fernando Redondo for the club. Meanwhile we gave Babel only a one year extension when we could have easily given him a 3-4 year extension (like we have done with Vertonghen). That i think is one off the problems here. If a promising youngster wants too sign a contract at ajax give him a big contract that way if a big team wants too buy him they will have too wait a lot or pay a lot.

Ajax need too rethink their signing strategy.
But that's a cash thing as well. Real have presumably paid well for Gago including increases etc in the final years of the contract, but it's also a bit of a risk. He might not turn out as good as they think and then they will be stuck with him. I think that's got a lot to do with our contract policy (+ possibly this differing attitude between players from the academy and signings from outside).

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jan 13, 2007 2:43 pm

Good idea in theory to give young kids a 5 year deal and I think Ajax should have given Babel a new 5 year deal way back in the summer when Urby had got a new deal.

The best young kids like Sarpong, Anita and Goosens have contracts to 2008 and these should be extended now as well as Babel's.(Chelsea wanted these back in Nov 2005 after their performances in the u 17 World Cup)

Ajax did give 5 year deals to loads of young reserve players back end of 90's . When I started following the comings and goings through internet back in2001 Ajax had given 5 year deals to plenty of players who never made it. Qwanseh, at Heracles, for instance was on a 5 year deal and was on loan for the last 4years.!! I only mention him because he finally left last summer but there were several others like him.

I think Van Geel comes across as someone who will put this right. T hey do not have to go back to giving every reserve a 5 year contract but when lads like Ryan, Urby and Maduro were put into the Dutch team Ajax should have given them long contracts immediately.

Frans

Bericht door Frans » za jan 13, 2007 11:44 pm

SPL schreef:Good idea in theory to give young kids a 5 year deal and I think Ajax should have given Babel a new 5 year deal way back in the summer when Urby had got a new deal.

I think Van Geel comes across as someone who will put this right. T hey do not have to go back to giving every reserve a 5 year contract but when lads like Ryan, Urby and Maduro were put into the Dutch team Ajax should have given them long contracts immediately.
Question is whether these players want 5 year contracts. More likely that they want to be off when they turn 22 to make hay while the sun shines.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jan 14, 2007 7:01 pm

Long contracts wont stop them from leaving. Urby is signed to 2011 but will almost certainly leave before then.5 year contracts at 18 only takes a player to 23.

Babel appears to be negotiating and may well sign to 2011 but by 2008 or 2009 at latest he will probably be off.

PS. Having seen about 8/9 games on TV he has played this season I cannot understand why teams like Arsenal, Milan and Barca are linked to him as I have not been very impressed by him . His last game I saw was NEC and he was poorl.(He was not the only one in that game!!)

Mr. Ajax

Bericht door Mr. Ajax » ma jan 15, 2007 4:08 pm

Babel is a player with great potential. Its true that he's not 'stable' (metaphorically speaking) or consistent enough, but he is only 19. Babel has decent ball skills, he's extremely quick, physically very strong. A couple of traits that can take you far in today's football.
- Je bent net zolang gestoord tot je een genie bent -

ajax-erie

Bericht door ajax-erie » vr jan 26, 2007 4:49 am

Ajax striker Ryan Babel is closing in on a move to Premiership giants Arsenal.The Independent says a deal worth between £7m and £10m, will be finalised in the summer. Babel is a friend of Arsenal forward Robin van Persie, and would be keen to join up with him at the Emirates Stadium
If this is true-who is getting the better deal??
ONCE AJAX-ALWAYS AJAX

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr jan 26, 2007 5:12 am

This is a bad idea, I cant believe these boys dont learn the lessons of former Ajacieden who think they have made it. Ryan if you are reading this then just look at Andy Van der Meyde, Zlatan, Kluivert, Roy etc etc etc the list is endless, seriously this is a bad idea for you boy. :oha: :furious3: :dissapprove:

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr jan 26, 2007 8:31 am

Ayman schreef:This is a bad idea, I cant believe these boys dont learn the lessons of former Ajacieden who think they have made it. Ryan if you are reading this then just look at Andy Van der Meyde, Zlatan, Kluivert, Roy etc etc etc the list is endless, seriously this is a bad idea for you boy. :oha: :furious3: :dissapprove:
I'd say that two of your list haven't done so bad since leaving us, albeit Kluivert has not lived up to his full potential.

Anyway, agreed, it's probably a bad move for Ryan but I think we should take the cash and run.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 26, 2007 4:48 pm

It does appear that all this Babel to Arsenal is hot air. Their No 1 target this summer is still Frank Ribery , a more natural left side player.Babel was evidently in London over the new year and talked to Van Persie and the press have jumped on it.

If he had any sense he would stay for another 2 years as he is still learning.

PS Todays rumour is Van Basten to Chelsea in the summer, so who knows he might decide to buy half our team if it came true!!!!!!!!

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » vr jan 26, 2007 6:47 pm

Yeah, it realy could be a soap buble, but i will be calm just then, when he will put his signature on contract extention

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... nners+trip

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr jan 26, 2007 8:05 pm

Van basten schreef:Yeah, it realy could be a soap buble, but i will be calm just then, when he will put his signature on contract extention

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... nners+trip
Call me an old cynic but this was also a crafty move by Babel...."I totally forgot the Ajax New Year thing....I visited my friend Robin vP, this is the reason I gave to Ajax".

Read between that lot and it also says, give me that new deal that I'm after or I'm off.

Anyway, I suppose most others would do the same, nothing terrible there.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jan 30, 2007 11:48 am

Babel will renew his deal. Mark my words.

The boy doesn't want to leave. Sometimes it can happen that a player has to leave against his will. If some club offers Ajax a truly fantastic amount of cash for a player, and Ajax really want to accept the bid, they'll sell the player even if he doesn't want to go. Famous examples of that were Shota Arveladze and Jesper Grønkjær at the time, and to a lesser extent Andy van der Meyde. That might happen to Babel too, if Newcastle come up with some ridiculous bid. But I don't think they will - and Babel and Ajax are headed towards contract extension.

K.
Still alive...

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » wo jan 31, 2007 4:43 pm

....has been seen in Newcastle with Glen Roeder (Newcastle Utd Manager) according to someone on the BBC 606 website....
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » wo jan 31, 2007 6:16 pm

The transfer windows closes tonight at midnight, if i'm not wrong? let's hope that there won't be a last minute surprises..

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jan 31, 2007 7:46 pm

The 606 site reads like comedy time.Someone has seen someone etc.I have never read it before and it is wonderfully funny.

Serious question, would any one in Newcastle know what Babel looks like????

Plus there is nothing over here in the press. Hasn't Babel's agent already said he is not interested?.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 02, 2007 5:53 pm

There is 'white smoke'.

Ryan Babel's contract has been extended until summer 2010. Excellent news. It's confirmed on Ajax.nl. News report to appear on Ajax USA a.s.a.p.

K.
Still alive...

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » vr feb 02, 2007 6:26 pm

yeah, thats great news people! :headbang: two last weeks are fu*king great :xyxthumbs:

Gesloten