Ajax on Television (+ Webcasts, YouTube etc.)

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

WP_Legend

Bericht door WP_Legend » wo sep 14, 2005 6:30 pm

any word on ways to watch tonights game?

ajaxusa
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » di sep 20, 2005 7:13 pm

We (Ajax USA) needs a "technology/video" editor, someone who is willing and able to evaluate options for watching Ajax games and highlights on the Internet, and can document those options in a readable way (in English). Obviously, the ability to read Dutch would be a huge asset, but whoever can make sense of the situation would be hugely appreciated. If the right person steps up, I would be able to grant Author priveleges to AjaxUSA.com so that you could "own" the TV and Video page going forward.

I just don't have the time and technical appetite to chase down all of the possibilities, but I know our readers around the world (especially in the U.S.) are dying to learn about ways to download/stream and enjoy Ajax via the Internet.

Of course, you'll receive the same great pay the rest of us get. ($0, which roughly equates to 0 euros.)

For example, someone sent me the following instructions. I can't afford the time to research it, but I'd sure love to take advantage of it all if somebody can do the leg-work:
http://www.wwitv.com

(1) Go to NOS Home Page – you can see TV, but I couldn’t get the UEFA Cup game which was supposed to be on. On the right down a little ways is a box – Teletekst, which I think is both a schedule for events and a TV guide.

There’s a keypad on the right – 200 is TV index; under 200 is a matrix – Ned 1, Ned 2, Ned 3 (but I don’t see how to get these channels on wwitv).

If you go into one of these you get that guide.

224 is sport; in that you see UEFA cup was on (Wednesday) at 22:55 on Ned 2
600 is all sports
800 is sports
EXAMPLE - 820 is ADO Den Hag/FC Twente game on Friday at 20:30

(2) On Thursday I had tried Talpa and I clicked on the Stream, but it wouldn’t come thru at the time. I then tried the Talpa Home page and clicked on Live TV (on the right) and got it to work but it’s erratic. I think it only works sometimes.

I went to the Talpa guid (guide) and also saw the Eredivise review at 23:30 to 23:55 with comment on den Haag on Vridag (Friday). On Friday I tried to watch it live (e.g. at 2:30 our time) and had trouble getting it so only caught the end.
Any takers?

rev

Bericht door rev » di sep 20, 2005 7:36 pm

Hey ppl ! I know it´s not entirely legal (read:not at all), but on gamedays, i go to the chatroom of the ajax.netwerk, and overthere ppl have the links to live games on mediaplayer. Not that i´m encouraging you to break the law , but perhaps someone might want to take a look ....

good luck on your quests !

mzzl , rev

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » do sep 22, 2005 1:47 am

I go to http://www.ajaxfans.de/modules.php?name ... fo&did=250 and am able to download highlights of tonight's game, but then when I play the AVI file, I see "error loading codec" and am only able to hear audio.

Any suggestions?

dws

Bericht door dws » do sep 22, 2005 2:07 am

To play this requires divx or xvid codec. I prefer xvid ...dosen't cause system instabilites in Windows.

http://www.xvid.org/ for xvid codec

http://www.divx.com/ for divx codec

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Van der Vaart » do sep 22, 2005 2:38 am

rev schreef:Hey ppl ! I know it´s not entirely legal (read:not at all), but on gamedays, i go to the chatroom of the ajax.netwerk, and overthere ppl have the links to live games on mediaplayer. Not that i´m encouraging you to break the law , but perhaps someone might want to take a look ....

mzzl , rev
live game ??? i will try...on saturday...

rev

Bericht door rev » zo sep 25, 2005 1:19 pm

Van der Vaart schreef:
rev schreef:Hey ppl ! I know it´s not entirely legal (read:not at all), but on gamedays, i go to the chatroom of the ajax.netwerk, and overthere ppl have the links to live games on mediaplayer. Not that i´m encouraging you to break the law , but perhaps someone might want to take a look ....

mzzl , rev
live game ??? i will try...on saturday...
I wasn´t able to find out for myself, but it appears last night the streamings weren´t working ...sorry ... better luck next time ....

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Murder at the ArenA!

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma sep 26, 2005 7:11 pm

Murder at the ArenA...

On 11 November RTL4 TV will start broadcasting new episodes of Dutch 'whodunnit' TV series Baantjer. One of the episodes is entitled Moord op de Middenstip ('Murder on the Centre Spot'), in which a dead body is found on the centre spot of the Amsterdam ArenA. It appears to be the body of Edwin Kuijpers, a talented Ajax player who was about to be transferred to a top side in England.

Nice one. Must be the most exciting footage we've seen from the ArenA in about two years! ;)

K.
Still alive...

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma sep 26, 2005 7:35 pm

dws schreef:To play this requires divx or xvid codec. I prefer xvid ...dosen't cause system instabilites in Windows.

just download VLC player, it's free and plays every file type and codec

www.videolan.org
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » ma sep 26, 2005 10:45 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:
dws schreef:To play this requires divx or xvid codec. I prefer xvid ...dosen't cause system instabilites in Windows.

just download VLC player, it's free and plays every file type and codec

www.videolan.org
MPlayer is even better :

www.mplayerhq.hu
meh :|

dws

Bericht door dws » di sep 27, 2005 12:09 am

Ajaxusa disregard my suggestion and those of bluedaddy and carcajou.
Just poke your eyes out , that way the file will play perfectly. :D :headbang:

dws

Bericht door dws » za okt 01, 2005 11:19 pm

Shit! The Talpa stream was truly awful tonight... buffered constantly. If this continues UK residents will have to be thankfull for ultrasuid, Ajaxfans.de and good old channel 5 for their fix of Ajax and other Eredivisie games.

Congratulations to Venezuelan Ajacied on espn desportes renewing their interest in broadcasting live Eredivise matches. Enjoy the match v Sparta on Sunday :frusty:

dws

Bericht door dws » za okt 01, 2005 11:36 pm

Mmmm..... seems that Espn desportes has Utrecht v F'noord listed for Sunday. :pukey:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo okt 02, 2005 3:40 pm

dws schreef:Mmmm..... seems that Espn desportes has Utrecht v F'noord listed for Sunday. :pukey:
You'll love it! :yes: :yes:

K.
Still alive...

dws

Bericht door dws » zo okt 02, 2005 3:53 pm

Got the Ajax game on livesports stream :D

You'll love it!
Yes .. loved the F'nerd result........ 3 goals from an ex F'nerder .. :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: ... F'noord must be :pukey:

Will watch highlights on Talpa. Hope the stream isn't screwed like last night.

ps whilst typing this Bosvelt scored for Heerenveen :headbang: :eusa_dance:

dws

Bericht door dws » zo okt 02, 2005 7:55 pm

For anyone intending on downloading Sparta v Ajax..... a little problem needs pointing out..... Ultrasuid have mistakenly uploaded the Ajax v Arsholes match .

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo okt 02, 2005 11:52 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
dws schreef:Mmmm..... seems that Espn desportes has Utrecht v F'noord listed for Sunday. :pukey:

K.
Strange.... Espn International showed Ajax-Sparta. :yes:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma okt 03, 2005 4:05 am

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:

K.
Strange.... Espn International showed Ajax-Sparta. :yes:
Yeah same with ESPN Pacific Rim...and was I bored off my nut for 60min or so or what. At least we got the 3 points. It was even prime time for us aussies 8:30pm live Sunday night...cant ask for more (well OK, maybe a better game next time).

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 03, 2005 9:27 am

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Strange.... Espn International showed Ajax-Sparta. :yes:
What a treat... :sad:

Would have been nicer to see F-word getting done by Utrecht...

K.
Still alive...

dws

Bericht door dws » ma okt 03, 2005 10:31 am

Ultrasuid have sorted out their little technical hitch and have now uploaded the correct file : Sparta v Ajax instead of the Ajax Arseholes file.
The Ultrasuid version , at just over 5 minutes, is mercifully short. Note, you can more than double the fun by downloading from Ajaxfans.de , a longer set of highlights.
Laatst gewijzigd door dws op zo okt 09, 2005 2:15 am, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Lew

Bericht door Lew » zo okt 09, 2005 1:49 am

I don't know if this is common knowledge, but ESPN Deportes is now being carried by Dish Network in the U.S. (it requires ordering one of the Latino packages).

SoccerTv.com shows the following listing:
Sun Oct 23 09:00AM Pacific
Sun Oct 23 10:00AM Mountain
Sun Oct 23 11:00AM Central
Sun Oct 23 12:00PM Eastern
Length: 2 hr SDD
ESPN Deportes
Dutch Football/Futbol de Holanda
PSV vs Ajax
:xyxthumbs:

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo nov 30, 2005 8:39 pm

I shouldn't be moaning in the circumstances but unbelievably I'm not even in London for the Arsenal game next week as my brother in law (an Arsenal fan) is getting married in Jamaica and I will be going.

This means no NOS or ITV television but I will be able to pick up American pay tv including "clone of Sky Sports" aka Fox World Sports.

Does anyone know if they will actually be showing the game or highlights?
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » do dec 01, 2005 12:56 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:I shouldn't be moaning in the circumstances but unbelievably I'm not even in London for the Arsenal game next week as my brother in law (an Arsenal fan) is getting married in Jamaica and I will be going.

This means no NOS or ITV television but I will be able to pick up American pay tv including "clone of Sky Sports" aka Fox World Sports.

Does anyone know if they will actually be showing the game or highlights?

fox soccer channel does not show eredivisie unfortunately - they do show prem, serie a, bundesliga & ligue 1 - you can, however, try to find a pub (or mexican restaurant) with espn deportes
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do dec 01, 2005 7:41 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:

fox soccer channel does not show eredivisie unfortunately - they do show prem, serie a, bundesliga & ligue 1 - you can, however, try to find a pub (or mexican restaurant) with espn deportes
Cheers bluedaddy, I was actually talking about the Arsenal CL game - I don't get Eredivisie here so no change but the Arsenal game would actually be on normal domestic TV (ITV) here...any ideas which station(s) will be showing the CL games?
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » vr dec 02, 2005 1:21 am

SE6Ajacied schreef:
bluedaddy19 schreef:

Cheers bluedaddy, I was actually talking about the Arsenal CL game - I don't get Eredivisie here so no change but the Arsenal game would actually be on normal domestic TV (ITV) here...any ideas which station(s) will be showing the CL games?

oops, sorry

the normal broadcast cable channels:

Tuesday December 6th
2:30 PM Chelsea v. Liverpool (CL) espn2

Wednesday December 7th
2:30 PM Benfica v. Manchester United* (CL) espn2

the find a pub channels:

Wed Dec 07 11:30AM Pacific
Wed Dec 07 12:30PM Mountain
Wed Dec 07 01:30PM Central
Wed Dec 07 02:30PM Eastern
Length: 2 hr 15 min LIVE