Ajax on Television (+ Webcasts, YouTube etc.)

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Amol

Re: Ajax on Television (+ Webcasts, YouTube etc.)

Bericht door Amol » do aug 09, 2018 2:59 pm

Elevensports is actually showing the Ajax game - however they're showing it on Monday at 8pm EST :blush.gif:

I'm going to find it very very difficult to stay away from knowing the result beforehand.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do aug 09, 2018 4:05 pm

Amol schreef:Elevensports is actually showing the Ajax game - however they're showing it on Monday at 8pm EST :blush.gif:

I'm going to find it very very difficult to stay away from knowing the result beforehand.
I cannot get the schedule to come up on my computer. I go to the website here: http://elevensportsusa.com/whats-on/ and it shows the days and time but no programming. do you have the same problem? I'm on Firefox and maybe it is a Flash issue though I always get a pop up when that happens.

Anyway, it's just stupid that this is delayed but maybe they don't have to pay as much.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do aug 09, 2018 6:58 pm

Orange14 schreef:
Amol schreef:Elevensports is actually showing the Ajax game - however they're showing it on Monday at 8pm EST :blush.gif:

I cannot get the schedule to come up on my computer. I go to the website here: http://elevensportsusa.com/whats-on/ and it shows the days and time but no programming. do you have the same problem? I'm on Firefox and maybe it is a Flash issue though I always get a pop up when that happens.

Anyway, it's just stupid that this is delayed but maybe they don't have to pay as much.
I'm unable to view the schedule on the US website as well using Chrome. I don't think they're quite ready with the US version yet.

You do need to go to the UK website (https://www.elevensports.uk/) using a vpn (through the UK) and sign up there and view. The American version of Eleven Sports doesn't have the Eredivisie.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do aug 09, 2018 7:27 pm

elevensports showing our game 1.00am Sunday. I do note that Bet365 show games and you only have to register with a small fee and not actually bet. Any one ever tried this site in UK.,

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do aug 09, 2018 7:38 pm

SPL schreef:elevensports showing our game 1.00am Sunday. I do note that Bet365 show games and you only have to register with a small fee and not actually bet. Any one ever tried this site in UK.,
I remember someone here using Bet365. Some US states (NJ has, NY hasn't) have now legalized Sports Betting and Bet365 is going to open an American website soon. This very well may be the way out for me starting next year.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za aug 11, 2018 12:51 am

Just saw that ESPN+ has Eredivisie game. Ajax match is on tomorrow!!!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » za aug 11, 2018 5:50 pm

Orange14 schreef:Just saw that ESPN+ has Eredivisie game. Ajax match is on tomorrow!!!
I just realized that myself and have signed up for a 7 day free trial. Watching it live now!!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » za aug 11, 2018 6:19 pm

They also have the next 2 games live on ESPN+. Now to cancel my Eleven Sports subscription :biggrin.gif:

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » zo nov 18, 2018 2:30 pm

Impressive clip posted by AFC Ajax:

Ajax in the year 2017:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN18FvnCY24

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 03, 2019 2:21 pm

elevensport took over Uk rights of Dutch football this season from Sky .However they are in big financial difficulties and both Dutch and Italian rights have been sold to Premier Sports. They are a proper listed Tv channel and show Portuguese league and mainly USA sports.Its pay to view ,about 12 euros a month but they have a free channel called freesports as well.

The freesports channel showing Feyenoord and PSV today and at present list us vADO on 24 th Feb.It will be good to see Ajax on proper tv again and hopefully a few more of our games will be on freesports .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 03, 2019 2:36 pm

@SPL - great news about the television rights. We have been really spoiled in the US this season with ESPN+ carrying all the league matches for only $4.99/month. We also get the Italian league and FA Cup (less interested in English football) as well as lots of other stuff.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 03, 2019 2:54 pm

Freesports lists our games live v NAC on 17th Feb and ADO on 24th. Think quite a few games ,mainly Sundays will be on Freesports. The main Italian games will be on Premiersports ie charging a fee.

Delighted a few games will be on TV and not so many finding an illegal stream .

Glad you over in USA get Ajax on proper Tv.

Elevensport only sold the Uk Dutch and Italian rights 4 days ago and will have only Spanish football to show for the rest of the season.I expect they will lose that for next season but can see BT not Sky getting it.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » zo feb 03, 2019 3:48 pm

That never ceases to amaze me. All that most people want, is to get a legal stream for a non-obscene amount of money. $4.99 for getting to see 4 Ajax games a month is a no-brainer for me - without getting popups and viruses.

WP_Legend

Bericht door WP_Legend » za feb 09, 2019 5:35 am

Agreed I would pay for this. Ajax is missing out by not streaming their own games in Countries where it is not broadcasted.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za feb 09, 2019 1:13 pm

Agree with the last 2 posts .Elevensports cost about 5 euros a month but in total only showed about 6 live games up to Winter break and 3 of those were in December! I did not take up their deal as after a month it was clear Ajax were not going to be shown much.

Dutch football is with Premiersports now until 2021 and more Dutch games will be on their free channel so I should get to see a decent amount of our games. If half our games are on the free channel I wont complain

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za feb 09, 2019 3:19 pm

WP_Legend schreef:Agreed I would pay for this. Ajax is missing out by not streaming their own games in Countries where it is not broadcasted.
I don't think Ajax have any control over this. The Eredivisie negotiates the contracts on behalf of all the teams in the league. If the rights are sold to a carrier in another country, it is that carrier who makes the decision on which games to broadcast or not. If they don't want to show an Ajax/Feyenoord/PSV game, Ajax cannot unilaterally broadcast over the Internet matches as they would be in violation of the league contract. I know this is not what most of us want but it is the situation. The only way to go around this is for Ajax to negotiate their own contract (I believe that Benfica do this in Portugal).

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo feb 13, 2019 8:39 pm

freesports changed their minds no Ajax games v NAC or ADO.Continue with illegal straems after all.

WP_Legend

Bericht door WP_Legend » do feb 14, 2019 11:40 am

Why doesn't the eredivisie offer streaming services outside of NL?

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do feb 14, 2019 3:03 pm

WP_Legend schreef:Why doesn't the eredivisie offer streaming services outside of NL?
Simple, they have sold the rights already. It's up to the contractual owner to decide what to do; they can decide to broadcast or not and there is nothing the Eredisie can do. We had a streaming service here in the US about three years ago that carried all the Dutch league matches as well as matches from 8-10 other countries. They were forced to shut down because they didn't have contractual rights to broadcast. I know SPL is angry about this but there's not much recourse other than the Eredivise to start their own streaming service. That might not bring in as much money as the current arrangement.

WP_Legend

Bericht door WP_Legend » za feb 16, 2019 2:38 pm

But have they though? In Oz there has never been any station with the rights and I assume this goes for 95% of countries.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za feb 16, 2019 6:56 pm

WP_Legend schreef:But have they though? In Oz there has never been any station with the rights and I assume this goes for 95% of countries.
If you are talking about all the countries in the world that might be correct, but if one looks at the biggest media markets it may not be true. The other thing to consider is whether Ajax cedes Internet broadcasting as part of their agreement to allow the Eredivisie to negotiate television contracts. In the US, ESPN has broadcasting rights and Ajax could not offer a separate steaming service.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za feb 16, 2019 7:29 pm

My experience in AU and NZ is that someone will hold the rights but not bother broadcasting it. VPN and legal stream has been good enough for me for almost a decade now—although the Internet in AU is such a disgrace it may not work with current HD streams.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » di mei 14, 2019 12:15 pm

#AJAUTR

REWIND Movie | Home is where the title is | :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQx4Cy2KSBU

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » wo jun 12, 2019 11:23 am

An episode of the totally football podcast show dedicated to the great Ajax side of 1995:

https://audioboom.com/posts/7279893-zon ... ajax-94-95
"We're on a mission from God."

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » wo jun 12, 2019 1:00 pm

King Litti schreef:An episode of the totally football podcast show dedicated to the great Ajax side of 1995:

https://audioboom.com/posts/7279893-zon ... ajax-94-95

:biggthumpup.gif:

Seems like a statement that for the first episode they've picked our club!

Plaats reactie