Other Eredivisie Teams

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Manneken Pis

Re: Other Eredivisie Teams

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di apr 16, 2019 9:02 am

kezme44 schreef:
Tom_ schreef:I’m *almost* feeling safe in terms of GD. Almost. I think if we win our games we’ll be fine. But I’m sure we all remember that CL group stage from the 2000s...
yes, when zagreb bent over for lyon in a game that to this day is very suspicious to me
"The wink".....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc4tJbbamks
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Amol

Bericht door Amol » zo apr 21, 2019 3:27 am

Posting Eredivisie tie-break rules here in case of a tie on points (Source: https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/goal-di ... kdpf9qzhjo) -

1. Goal difference (Ajax leads by 13, as of April 20)
2. Higher number of goals scored (Ajax leads by 18, as of April 20)
3. Head-to-head points (Tie)
4. Head-to-head goal difference (PSV)
5. Head-to-head away goals scored (PSV)
6. Playoff if relevant for deciding champion, relegation or participating in a European league, otherwise by draw. (N/A I think since PSV definitely wins if it gets to point 4 or 5)
7. Penalty shoot-out (only after a playoff) (N/A)

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo apr 21, 2019 11:33 am

Haha, that's a bit bloody-minded, but fun - thanks for posting it!

I guess PSV could eat away a few goals today against ADO. Can they overturn +13 though? I guess it's possible in the eredivisie. I can't see option 2 going their way, because they'd have to score at least 21 and concede at least 5 in four games.

And remember we're due for at least a 5–0 on the final day to send Graafschap back to the eerste divisie...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo apr 21, 2019 12:53 pm

We are going to win our last 3 so even with 3 x 1-0 thats plus 16 ,PSV are never going to make up 17 goals on us in 4 games.

We must just think of Vitesse, win that .Worry about the other 2 games in 3 weeks time.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo apr 21, 2019 5:42 pm

No help from a very poor ADO side today who showed no offense at all losing 3-1.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma apr 22, 2019 2:20 am

SPL schreef:We are going to win our last 3 so even with 3 x 1-0 thats plus 16 ,PSV are never going to make up 17 goals on us in 4 games.
Exactly, we'll add at 3 to the GD over the next 3 games.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma apr 22, 2019 2:23 am

Updated after the PSV - ADO game (April 21) -

1. Goal difference (Ajax leads by 11, as of April 21)
2. Higher number of goals scored (Ajax leads by 15, as of April 21)
6. Playoff if relevant for deciding champion, relegation or participating in a European league, otherwise by draw. (N/A I think since PSV definitely wins if it gets to point 4 or 5)

I saw the entire PSV - ADO game and still can't believe how poor they are. They're still winning games, even if by boring football and small scores.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do apr 25, 2019 8:54 pm

PSV 2-0 up after 48 mins, game over they probably will win 5-0 but that still leaves us + 8 on GD. We will have to win those last 2 games I dont see PSV dropping points.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do apr 25, 2019 9:11 pm

3-0 on 65 could even get more than 5 ,evidently Willem are woeful tonight!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » do apr 25, 2019 9:28 pm

Willem II put up zero resistance. Hope we punish them in the cup final.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » do apr 25, 2019 9:37 pm

psv win 3-0 so they only clawed back one goal on us. willem truly terrible, i don't even think they had one shot on goal. more importantly, lozano was stretchered off in what looked to be a bad knee injury. never like seeing this happen and i hope he recovers quickly, but this could be significant for their last remaining games.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr apr 26, 2019 3:30 pm

1. Goal difference (Ajax leads by 10, as of April 26)
2. Higher number of goals scored (Ajax leads by 16, as of April 26)

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » ma mei 20, 2019 3:35 pm

i wonder what psv will look like next year and how competitive they will be compared to the last 3-4 years. lozano will leave and so will bergwijn, so right there 70% of their attack will be gone. sure, they'll get some money for bergwijn and lozano (though i believe 40% will go to pachuca), but let's see who they bring on as replacements. romero looks like a complete waste of money, and guti not much better, and those were supposed to cover the transfers going out. schwaab going back to germany (probably a good thing for psv), luckassen not making it even when loaned out. gaston pereiro looks like will be leaving as well. so lots going on at psv this summer. i think if we play it smartly and keep a good team together, we could be winning the title the next 3-4 years.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » ma mei 20, 2019 4:40 pm

kezme44 schreef:i wonder what psv will look like next year and how competitive they will be compared to the last 3-4 years. lozano will leave and so will bergwijn,
Especially Lozano and also Bergwijn did not play so many very good games after the winter break. I think they will not have a "through the rood value" on the transfer market right now.
Selling Bergwijn to Ajax and then making their team stronger at at least 3 positions would be the best deal for PSV Eindhoven.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di mei 21, 2019 10:57 pm

kezme44 schreef:i wonder what psv will look like next year and how competitive they will be compared to the last 3-4 years. lozano will leave and so will bergwijn, so right there 70% of their attack will be gone. sure, they'll get some money for bergwijn and lozano (though i believe 40% will go to pachuca), but let's see who they bring on as replacements. romero looks like a complete waste of money, and guti not much better, and those were supposed to cover the transfers going out. schwaab going back to germany (probably a good thing for psv), luckassen not making it even when loaned out. gaston pereiro looks like will be leaving as well. so lots going on at psv this summer. i think if we play it smartly and keep a good team together, we could be winning the title the next 3-4 years.
They have sharp scouts. Don't be surprised to see Groneveld and Robben as their new wingers!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo mei 22, 2019 12:57 pm

Utrecht and Vitesse win their ties and will play off for the final Europa League birth. We really need to have the other Dutch clubs do well in Europe so the coefficient is not dependent only on Ajax. Feyenoord and AZ have also qualified for EL competition and PSV will be in the CL qualifiers. They all need to WIN.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mei 23, 2019 11:42 am

Excelsior relegated beaten by RKC . So RKC v Go Ahead Eagles for for 1 place and Sparta v de Graafschap for the other.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 29, 2019 10:38 am

Surprises last night .Utrecht won at Vitesse and take the Europa Cup place.

Bigger surprises after a draw in Rotterdam Sparta beat de Graafschap away and are promoted. Good news the only real football team in Rotterdam .

Meanwhile RKC are back.Draw at Waalwijk but last night Go Ahead eagles were 4-3 up entering injury time but RKC got goals on 95 and 98 mins to be promoted.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo mei 29, 2019 1:05 pm

Looks like Roda JC will be going into bankruptcy as the owner won't spend any more money on the club.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » vr jun 28, 2019 8:45 pm

luuk de jong off to sevilla for 12 million. psv signed bruma earlier so let's see how that replacement works. i rate de jong higher.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di jul 30, 2019 8:58 pm

Not great news, PSV lost their second round CL qualifier to FC Basel and will enter the EL qualifiers.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jul 30, 2019 9:11 pm

Tom_ schreef:Not great news, PSV lost their second round CL qualifier to FC Basel and will enter the EL qualifiers.
Are you sure about the EL qualifiers? I thought they had to win at least this tie to do that (I could be wrong). I watched the 2nd half and PSV ran out of ideas. They had a couple of chances to score but the keeper made the saves. Malen is not a striker and Bergwijn is wasted as a #10. van Bommel should be sacked.

EDIT: just checked the UEFA website and they are in the qualifying round.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jul 31, 2019 6:39 pm

If they get through to EL they may get more points than if in CL ,this will be good for Dutch UEFA coefficients.

I doubt whether Utrecht or AZ will get through and would anyone put money on Feyenoord getting to the groups.

PSV were poor on Saturday so no real surprise .

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do aug 01, 2019 3:44 pm

I agree. PSV has a better chance of getting points in EL than the CL. Better for the Dutch co-efficient.

This is assuming that they makes through the EL qualifiers.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do aug 01, 2019 10:31 pm

AZ won their EL tie today while Utrecht lost in extra time. Utrecht had lots of possession but didn't create much at all.

Plaats reactie