Other Eredivisie Teams

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Frans

Bericht door Frans » vr apr 08, 2005 1:14 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Frans schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef: If they make it against Villarreal they will be up against Sporting Lisbon in the semis.
Jumping to conclusions here? or is that a sincere opinion?
What do you mean...? The above quote is not an opinion, but a fact... If they make it through the home game against Villarreal, they'll be up against Sporting Lisbon... There's not much of an opinion in that sentence...

K.
Don't they (lisbon) have to beat Newcastle first. with a first-leg deficit no less.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr apr 08, 2005 1:17 pm

Oh, yeah - that's what you mean... You're right: they play the winner of Newcastle/Sporting Lisbon. When I saw that draw I kind of assumed that Sporting Lisbon were going to advance easily... Didn't even know yesterday's result... :blush:

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 12, 2005 9:37 am

I did not count them, but I don't think the number of 'fired coaches' has been that high this season in the Eredivisie. Anyways: we have another one. Jan van Dijk has been sacked by RBC Roosendaal. They are currently 16th and the team occupying the 'safe' 15th slot (NAC Breda, surprisingly!) are ten points ahead.

Which means that RBC Roosendaal can prepare for the promotion/relegation play-offs. No way they'll jump out of the 'danger zone' in the remaining six games.

There are six more games to play (seven, for some teams) but it is now 99.9% certain that RBC, De Graafschap and Den Bosch will be the bottom three. It is also 95% certain that RBC and De Graafschap will get a last chance in the play-offs, and that Den Bosch will go down directly. They're six points behind De Graafschap (with a game in hand, but that doesn't mean much for a team that won only three times so far...). They're f#cked.

(Meanwhile in the First Division... Sparta dropped two points at Stormvolgels Telstar this weekend. Heracles are now tops: 64 out of 30. Sparta have 63 out of 30... It's tight.)

K.
Still alive...

fc utreg

Bericht door fc utreg » di apr 12, 2005 9:57 pm

may i talk about utrecht or will i get banned?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 12, 2005 10:02 pm

miss utrecht schreef:may i talk about utrecht or will i get banned?
Of course you may talk about Utrecht. Welcome to this forum, Miss Utrecht (does that mean you're Utrecht's most beautiful woman, or just FC Utrecht's only female supporter...? :D Kidding...).

K.
Still alive...

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » di apr 12, 2005 10:03 pm

depends on what you r going to say off course
I think I lost my fucking headache

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 12, 2005 10:05 pm

Yeah. I just assumed Miss Utrecht will behave like a lady. If so, we will all treat her like a lady. Obviously. :yes:

K.
Still alive...

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » di apr 12, 2005 10:05 pm

Ofcourse you will be banned.. ;)
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

fc utreg

Bericht door fc utreg » di apr 12, 2005 10:32 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Of course you may talk about Utrecht. Welcome to this forum, Miss Utrecht (does that mean you're Utrecht's most beautiful woman, or just FC Utrecht's only female supporter...? :D Kidding...).

K.
believe it or not sunshine, ive got more ajax things than utrecht things :blush: utrecht thing being a shirt with SNEIJDER on the back and very sweet little utrecht badge. :blush:

im awaiting my van de haar ajax shirt :blush:

just have to seduce the guy in that ajax shop in amsterdam to do it, last time he said no :nooo: :sad: :blush:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

FC Omniworld

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 12, 2005 11:54 pm

For those interested (I know we have at least a couple...): it seems like the number of teams in Holland's two professional divisions will be 38 next season (this season it's 37).

FC Omniworld from the Almere (a suburb, or commuter town of Amsterdam) are expecting to 'go professional' and enter the First Division next season.

Which, in Holland, is not a matter of getting promoted from the highest amateur division or something (professional and amateur football are strictly separated in Holland), but a matter of submitting a proper business plan and building a stadium that meets the requirements.

'Omniworld'... It doesn't sound like a name that's 100 years old, does it? It's a club without too much of a history, from a town without too much of a history: Almere is a commuter town in the 'Flevo polder', a piece of The Netherlands that was reclaimed only some 35 years ago. Their stadium will hold 2,500 (same capacity as AGOVV Apeldoorn's home ground).

K.
Still alive...

BPBlueSox
Contacteer:

Re: FC Omniworld

Bericht door BPBlueSox » wo apr 13, 2005 8:29 am

Kowalczyk schreef:For those interested (I know we have at least a couple...): it seems like the number of teams in Holland's two professional divisions will be 38 next season (this season it's 37).

FC Omniworld from the Almere (a suburb, or commuter town of Amsterdam) are expecting to 'go professional' and enter the First Division next season.

Which, in Holland, is not a matter of getting promoted from the highest amateur division or something (professional and amateur football are strictly separated in Holland), but a matter of submitting a proper business plan and building a stadium that meets the requirements.

'Omniworld'... It doesn't sound like a name that's 100 years old, does it? It's a club without too much of a history, from a town without too much of a history: Almere is a commuter town in the 'Flevo polder', a piece of The Netherlands that was reclaimed only some 35 years ago. Their stadium will hold 2,500 (same capacity as AGOVV Apeldoorn's home ground).

K.
What happens whenever there gets to be too many teams in the First Division? AGOVV just became pro in the last year or two...and now Omniworld. If it's just a matter of submitting the right kind of plan of action...what's going to keep the First Division from getting waaaay too crowded?

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » wo apr 13, 2005 9:47 am

Darwinism. Natural selection. Too many teams in the First Division -> money divided over too many teams -> club dies -> problem solved.

This season Fortuna Sittard and Go Ahead Eagles had three points snatched away by the KNVB for financial trouble...

We used to have a team from Vlissingen in the FD back in the early 90s. Ask 343, I'm sure he'd love to tell you all about it!

And then there was FC Wageningen. Here's what's left of their stadium:

Afbeelding

more on http://www.janboeve-fotograaf.nl/show_serie/25/n/
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » wo apr 13, 2005 7:57 pm

13/4/2005 FC Den Bosch Feyenoord 4-1

Imagine that. Our friends thrashed at the red lantern holders! What might this mean for the upcoming match on sunday? Could be good news if this puts them off balance.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Feyenerd

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo apr 13, 2005 8:26 pm

Den Bosch 4, feyenerd 1!!

X'D X'D X'D X'D

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Re: Feyenerd

Bericht door carcajou » wo apr 13, 2005 9:34 pm

Kim Nielsen............ How can a referee be THAT a fraud !!!
meh :|

carcajou

Re: Feyenerd

Bericht door carcajou » wo apr 13, 2005 9:49 pm

Carcajou schreef:Kim Nielsen............ How can a referee be THAT a fraud !!!
Man, what a FRAUD !!!!

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » wo apr 13, 2005 10:18 pm

Except for not understanding at all what Carja is trying to say I am very pleased that Feyenoord seem to have picked up a couple of lessons from our book this season. They always wanted to be us, now there is nothing holding them back. :xyxthumbs:
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » wo apr 13, 2005 10:23 pm

Per schreef:Except for not understanding at all what Carja is trying to say I am very pleased that Feyenoord seem to have picked up a couple of lessons from our book this season. They always wanted to be us, now there is nothing holding them back. :xyxthumbs:
Kim Nielsen was the referee in PSV - Lyon tonight, and he was a total fraud.

I can't stand PSV, shit. But well here go the UEFA points.... :pukey:

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do apr 14, 2005 1:46 am

The words fraud and referee go together like peanut butter and jelly.Like Hoyzer and dishonesty. Jol and clueless.

As for the 4:1 smackdown today, sounds like someone was peeking at the next fixture too long.Naughty,naughty. :eusa_dance:
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do apr 14, 2005 5:48 am

666 schreef:Ask 343, I'm sure he'd love to tell you all about it!
She...

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Only find out today that he's a she... :yes:

K.
Still alive...

Bericht door 343 » do apr 14, 2005 7:52 am

Rumorcontrol: i am a man. I have a penis, a lot of hair on my chest and ass! It's just some sick fantasy of Ko.

Yeah, 666. Natural selection!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do apr 14, 2005 8:01 am

We foreign fans sometimes have a naive and romantic view on Dutch football. We think that the Dutch way is creative, sport, and attacking style. Like for the 98 world cup for instance. But this is the case only when the Dutch play like Ajax.
I watched the P$V game yesterday, and I am glad Ajax will never play like they do.

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » do apr 14, 2005 10:31 am

philippe schreef:We foreign fans sometimes have a naive and romantic view on Dutch football. We think that the Dutch way is creative, sport, and attacking style. Like for the 98 world cup for instance. But this is the case only when the Dutch play like Ajax.
I watched the P$V game yesterday, and I am glad Ajax will never play like they do.
I fully agree. They are not worthy of the Dutch heritage so carefully built by Ajax (and others). But I do have respect for a club from such a small village like Eindhoven reaches as high as it does currently. Pitty they aren't German or Belgian. They would gain much more respect then.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do apr 14, 2005 12:56 pm

The last posts immediately remind me of the opening para of the wonderful Brilliant Orange by David Winner

His book is about Dutch Football but barely a word about Fword and PSV.

When I , an englishman thinks of the beauty of Dutch Football since 1970 only one word comes to mind AJAX .

ajaxgunner

Bericht door ajaxgunner » do apr 14, 2005 8:37 pm

SPL schreef:The last posts immediately remind me of the opening para of the wonderful Brilliant Orange by David Winner

His book is about Dutch Football but barely a word about Fword and PSV.

When I , an englishman thinks of the beauty of Dutch Football since 1970 only one word comes to mind Ajax .
Brilliant book. Read in 442 that he's come out with another one about English football. Agree that I have a very romantic view about Dutch football, beginning with Cruyff after watching videos from the 70s. I was 10 or 11 and being exposed to it then compared to German and English football shown on public television I think really developed my appreciation for the game.

Plaats reactie