Other Eredivisie Teams

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Other Eredivisie Teams

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do feb 03, 2005 4:09 pm

An important one, this. Very popular on SoccerPages at the time.

Discuss PSV and Feyenoord - and other Eredivisie teams. Their players, their results - whatever you have to say.
Still alive...

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » do feb 03, 2005 4:26 pm

Wouldn't it be easier if you guys had a couple more sub zones Ko? Looks like it's going to be busy, maybe too busy for just 2 Zones?
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do feb 03, 2005 4:33 pm

No Fear schreef:Wouldn't it be easier if you guys had a couple more sub zones Ko? Looks like it's going to be busy, maybe too busy for just 2 Zones?
Nah, this will be just fine.

We only had one zone on SoccerPages, including threads for Eredivisie Games, Amstel Cup Games, European Games and Friendly Games. All on one forum.

Now we have separate forums for games and 'everything else'. It will be lively enough and fairly busy on good days, but we don't need more forums I think. This will do. I just love long topics that are worth reading. I hate very short topics that get one or two replies - and then die.
Still alive...

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » do feb 03, 2005 4:35 pm

Allright, good luck to all of you here then! Considering the amount of visitors so far I think you won't need it...:)
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za feb 05, 2005 8:04 pm

Important game tonight: Heerenveen vs AZ.

AZ started the second half of the season with a few poor results and I think that tonight's game will be crucial for them: if they win this one convincingly I think they'll be back on track and will continue to be great. If they lose (again) they may start worrying and (who knows) fall apart.

30 minutes have been played in Heerenveen, score is still 0-0.

(No more good news for Ajax, unfortunately: PSV vs RBC 4-1 and Graafschap vs Feyenoord 2-7. Easy ones for them this weekend...).

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za feb 05, 2005 8:32 pm

41': 0-1 AZ. Goal by Stijn Huysegems.

Hmmm. Seems like they're alright... Damn...

K.
Still alive...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » za feb 05, 2005 8:32 pm

AZ has taken the lead through Belgian striker Huysegems:

Heerenveen - AZ 0-1 at half time.

Feest

Bericht door Feest » za feb 05, 2005 9:06 pm

Peter Hansson equalizes for the Frysian team:

1-1, game on!

Feest

Bericht door Feest » za feb 05, 2005 9:17 pm

Sektiuouiuioui with the deciding goal?

Heerenveen - AZ 1-2

Feest

Bericht door Feest » za feb 05, 2005 9:22 pm

Former Ajax-player Lindenbergh clinches it:

1-3

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo feb 06, 2005 12:41 am

Damn... Seems like they have their act together again, after a bit of a shaky start in January...

Right: p$v win 4-1, f-word win 7-2 (okay, they had no opponent, but still) and AZ win 3-1... And next weekend it's AZ vs p$v.

Which means, quite simply, that the next eight days will be crucial for Ajax: we will have to beat Twente at home to stay close - and we will absolutely have to take full advantage of the AZ vs p$v result (whatever it may be) by winning our own game at NAC. If we manage to do that the heat will be on - and we'll be up for a tremendously exciting battle for the championship.

If we screw it up tomorrow or next week it will become very hard indeed.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

AZ vs PSV preview

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 11, 2005 5:48 pm

Interesting little AZ vs PSV preview on UEFA.com:

http://www.uefa.com/footballcentral/new ... 79159.html

I guess I'm in kind of a moral conflict here... I really hope AZ will win. I hope they'll move on to grab the title. They play the nicest football and it would be great to see a 'dark horse' win the championship.

On the other hand: if Ajax want to finish second (and play CL qualifiers) it really would be best if PSV win (thereby taking a possibly decisive lead) and AZ remain within 'shooting range' for Ajax.

If AZ win they may be seriously on their way to the shield, but Ajax may also be seriously on their way to the third slot - and 'only' UEFA Cup admission.

How are we supposed to feel...?

K.
Still alive...

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » vr feb 11, 2005 6:05 pm

I don't know if it is the same in English, but in Holland there is a saying 'it's like swearing in the church'...so that's what i probably am doing when I say that UEFAcup is as much fun as CL. Two games, one winner...much more fun then 6 games where the winner of the round sends it's youthteam from the moment on they're qualified. Ajax has got enough money for the moment so financially it would not mean disaster. So let's sack f*cking Koeman, build a new team with a real coach and play uefacup for one year...

Edit: very silly post, i forgot they f*cked up the uefacup too since this year... :sad:
Laatst gewijzigd door LucaS op vr feb 11, 2005 6:23 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
I think I lost my fucking headache

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 11, 2005 6:19 pm

Lucas schreef:I don't know if it is the same in English, but in Holland there is a saying 'it's like swearing in the church'...so that's what i probably am doing when I say that UEFAcup is as much fun as CL.
Don't be ashamed... I kind of feel the same and, partly, for an even sillier reason.

Firstly, I prefer doing well in the UEFA Cup over looking like a bunch of twats in the Champions League (which has pretty much been the case in the last two seasons). It's more fun - and it's also better for Ajax's position on the UEFA ranking. We've been in the Champions League for the past three seasons - and for that reason we are way lower on the UEFA ranking than PSV and Feyenoord. In a way it would be good for Ajax's position if we can play a team from Iceland in the first round and grab some points in the UEFA Cup group stage. It will push us up on the UEFA Cup ranking - which will give us a better position in the draw for our next CL run.

Secondly, I've been to quite a handful of away games in recent years. London, Milan and Rome were great, but it's also a lot of fun to play an away game at Dukla Banska Bystrica: small town, low key atmosphere and an almost tangible sense of excitement amongst the locals. Very nice to be there with a few hundred Ajax fans and drink beers for 50 eurocents. You won't get that type of away game in the CL.

So, quite frankly, I don't mind playing in the UEFA Cup - say - once every four years. But for that to happen we need to finish third or lower in the league and I'm having trouble hoping for such a season...

K.
Still alive...

BPBlueSox
Contacteer:

Bericht door BPBlueSox » za feb 12, 2005 9:26 pm

Well, AZ and PSV just finished up 0-0. I guess this was the best cast scenario for us, seeing as if we're not going to win the championship, hopefully AZ will, and this keeps them just 2 behind PSV. Upside is that we could draw within 8 and 6 of PSV and AZ with a win tomorrow, for what that's worth. :)

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » za feb 12, 2005 10:04 pm

We could sell the game to AZ on March 6 and beat PSV two weeks later. We'll take Landzaat in return.

:evildr:
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

BPBlueSox
Contacteer:

Bericht door BPBlueSox » za feb 12, 2005 10:22 pm

I like it. :xyxthumbs:

BPBlueSox
Contacteer:

Bericht door BPBlueSox » zo feb 13, 2005 4:07 pm

Feijenoord sure has figured something out....or maybe it's just that they're playing shit competition.

put in 7 last week, and now are up 6-0 on Willem II with 2 goals from Kuijt, 3 from Hofs, and one from the American (:)) Gibbs.

Wie kent Cees de Wolf nog
AT Toto winner 09/10

Bericht door Wie kent Cees de Wolf nog » zo feb 13, 2005 4:36 pm

Fortunately, they all of a sudden start to drop points in a couple of weeks. They just can't keep up that kind of play for much longer than a couple of weeks.
“Freedom! Football is freedom.” Bob Marley

DanK

FC Limburg?

Bericht door DanK » wo feb 16, 2005 2:01 am

Slightly off the topics above (OK way off) but keeping within the forum (i think). A few years back there was mention of 'FC Limburg'. Which was the merging of RODA, MVV, VVV & Fortuna.

Not sure of the real reasons this fell through. From here it seemed like a pretty sensible thing to do.

Anyone have any info on this?

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » wo feb 16, 2005 2:04 am

and then they started building new stadiums so they won't merge in the near future
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

Frans

Re: FC Limburg?

Bericht door Frans » wo feb 16, 2005 6:33 am

DanK schreef:Slightly off the topics above (OK way off) but keeping within the forum (i think). A few years back there was mention of 'FC Limburg'. Which was the merging of RODA, MVV, VVV & Fortuna.

Not sure of the real reasons this fell through. From here it seemed like a pretty sensible thing to do.

Anyone have any info on this?
I never heard of this, but I wouldn't agree with it. The area is way too big. There'd be too much hassle over which city was the home base and other such things. I think all towns should have their own clubs.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

UEFA Cup results

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 18, 2005 7:53 am

UEFA Cup results of the other Dutch clubs:

Sporting Lisbon vs Feyenoord 2-1
Allemannia Aachen vs AZ 0-0
Heerenveen vs Newcastle Utd 1-2

I would say the away results for Feyenoord and AZ look rather promising (pretty sure AZ will make it; not sure about Feyenoord). Heerenveen will go out, no doubt, but it must be said that they were very unlucky. They were actually the better side and did not deserve to concede a late second Newcastle goal.

K.
Still alive...

Manneken Pis

Re: UEFA Cup results

Bericht door Manneken Pis » vr feb 18, 2005 8:27 am

Kowalczyk schreef: Heerenveen will go out, no doubt, but it must be said that they were very unlucky. They were actually the better side and did not deserve to concede a late second Newcastle goal.

K.
Agree!!!
They played brilliantly (much more attractive than AZ which was on simultaneously on German TV), and should have been up by 2 or 3 before the last twenty minutes when they seemed to run out of gas and Newcastle's pedigree finally showed itself.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

jakobg
Contacteer:

Re: UEFA Cup results

Bericht door jakobg » vr feb 18, 2005 8:49 am

Kowalczyk schreef: Heerenveen will go out, no doubt, but it must be said that they were very unlucky. They were actually the better side and did not deserve to concede a late second Newcastle goal.

K.
But what a beauty Newcastle's second goal was. Pure class.
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Plaats reactie