Other Eredivisie Teams

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: Other Eredivisie Teams

Bericht door SPL » do nov 07, 2019 8:55 pm

Psv stuffed 4-1 ,looks like only Ajax and AZ will survive until after the winter in Europe

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do nov 07, 2019 9:01 pm

Ended as a 4-1 loss for PSV. I wonder if dear MVB is starting to face the heat a little in Eindhoven now.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr nov 08, 2019 12:01 pm

Even Feyenoord got a draw ,showing up PSV.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » vr nov 08, 2019 2:52 pm

Amol schreef:Ended as a 4-1 loss for PSV. I wonder if dear MVB is starting to face the heat a little in Eindhoven now.

Please call this guy lothar von bommel, not MVB.
There is only one MVB: Marco van Basten.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr nov 08, 2019 4:04 pm

Cruijff schreef:
Amol schreef:Ended as a 4-1 loss for PSV. I wonder if dear MVB is starting to face the heat a little in Eindhoven now.

Yeah it felt odd when I typed that in. Maybe lower case mvb?

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » za nov 09, 2019 3:27 pm

Amol schreef:
Cruijff schreef:
Yeah it felt odd when I typed that in. Maybe lower case mvb?

Yes. Perhaps the lower case option is a better one.
A guy that does not deserve a capital!

But just referring to him as lothar will be enough, many over here would understand who you mean.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » zo nov 10, 2019 4:32 pm

Just saw Willem II beat PSV 2-1! Saw almost the entire game and PSV wasn't in any sort of control at any point in the match. Zoet was benched and apparently was sitting in the team bus in the 70th minute.

Big problems in Eindhoven. Lets see what happens when the dust settles.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » zo nov 10, 2019 5:21 pm

psv look absolutely horrible. they were destroyed by linz a few days ago. the absence of malen and bergwijn does not explain this. their defense is terrible and central midfield not doing much. I thought their summer purchases were pretty bad as well. brought in a German guy for 12 million who didn’t show much in Germany and was relegated. a Portuguese forward for 14 million who couldn’t make it a rb Leipzig. a Japanese guy for 9 million who had a few decent games for Groningen but not much otherwise. And they also brought schwaab back in a desperation move. so almost 40 million and not getting anything back. they’ll have to sell next year and a few players will get better but they might be in trouble for the next few years which is good with me :-)

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo nov 10, 2019 6:40 pm

PSV are in free fall. Big problem is that Luukinho de Jong and Lozano bailed them out in the last 10 minutes of games all last season. They were not adequately replaced and then the loss of Malen and Bergwign mean a toothless attack. Very little talent on the team right now and van Bommell even replace Zoet today. At this rate they will finish mid-table and exit the Europa League (unfortunate for coefficient points).
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo nov 10, 2019 7:27 pm

Came back from my bike ride and felt even better to see PSV have lost. They only have 2 decent players Bergwijn and Malen ,and they come from our academy and would not get starting spots for us. Promes and Tadic are better.

The 50m they got for Lozano and de Jong has been wasted and without European football after the winter break the 2 mentioned above wont raise more than 20m each at best.

van Bommel will likely get the sack this week but they will improve under Hiddink who will likely take over.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » ma nov 11, 2019 12:25 am

I still think we should be talking about the only contenders left. AZ... They continue to impress
May the Force be with you

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma nov 11, 2019 2:40 pm

souras84 schreef:I still think we should be talking about the only contenders left. AZ... They continue to impress
Their front three are very dangerous and they are playing very well in the Europa League. they don't have much depth but if the starting 11 stay healthy they will contend in the league. I have not seen anything about when their stadium will be repaired. Would rather have the December match played on grass.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » ma nov 11, 2019 3:25 pm

i thought i heard somewhere that they are close to returning to their own stadium and think we'll play them there

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma nov 11, 2019 8:32 pm

AZ having a fine season playing every game away from home.Hope they finish 2nd ahead of PSV

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » do nov 28, 2019 11:02 pm

psv are eliminated from the Europa league after a 4-0 loss at sporting lisbon. az manage to score two late goals and draw to partizan and the team from Rotterdam plays 2-2 against the rangers and are all but eliminated

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr nov 29, 2019 12:30 pm

AZ flying the flag with Ajax.PSV are really rubbish this season.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr nov 29, 2019 1:57 pm

kezme44 schreef:the team from Rotterdam plays 2-2 against the rangers and are all but eliminated
If Rangers and Feyenoord both win on the final match day, Feyenoord will advance. That's the only way forward as any other result and they are out. For the sake of the UEFA Coefficient, it would be good it they can make it through.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » vr nov 29, 2019 4:20 pm

Orange14 schreef:... For the sake of the UEFA Coefficient, it would be good it they can make it through.
Hard to believe I'm actually looking for Feyenoord to succeed - but must agree that climbing up the coefficient table takes precedence over ingrained dislike.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr dec 13, 2019 2:55 pm

Not a good day for Dutch clubs yesterday. PSV could only draw while Feyenoord and AZ both lost. I watched the ManU - AZ game and AZ were quite good for 50 minutes but could not get the first goal. They really missed their striker, Boadu, who picked up a silly YC in the last match and was suspended. He might have provided more danger in the box. ManU scored a nice goal in the second half and then the flood gates opened with three more soon after.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma dec 16, 2019 9:28 am

PSV Eindhoven have parted ways with Mark van Bommel, they will look for a new coach.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma dec 16, 2019 2:47 pm

Ayman schreef:PSV Eindhoven have parted ways with Mark van Bommel, they will look for a new coach.
I never thought he was all that good but management let him down by selling both de Jong and Lozano. They could not score goals.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do dec 19, 2019 2:05 pm

PSV scrapped through their cup game against amateurs.

2 non leagues sides through and I must make a brief comment on them as they come from the same small town. Ijsselmeervogels and SV Spakenburg both from the town of Spakenburg about 40 kilometers east of Amsterdam . Ijsselmeervogels evidently the most successful amateur club in Holland play in a red and white Ajax shirt but red shorts ,the other team blue and white hoops so the town is either red or blue. Both have seperate grounds and great rivals.The grounds are next door to each other

Would like to see us draw Ijsselvogels away ,playing a team wearing our iconic shirt would be strange.Their ground holds 8000 .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za dec 21, 2019 9:58 pm

Sparta beat AZ 3-0 so if we win tomorrow we go 3points clear .

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » ma jan 27, 2020 5:00 pm

mass chaos at psv. after their draw last night, fans tried to storm the club officials gate. de jong is in hot water and fans want him sacked. i probably agree with them.

also, bergwijn asked not to play yesterday as he is expecting a move to the spurs. the only problem: there is no agreement between the clubs. psv want around 40 million (!!), spurs are willing to pay 30, and even that is too much for this guy. last night bergwijn then posted a clarification instagram message which is pretty hilarious if you watch it. so not sincere. anyways, more to come. i just enjoy seeing all the chaos there atm.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma jan 27, 2020 7:15 pm

Yeah things are dire over there right now. I think they also took a big loan from the municipality which is probably due soon. I'm loving it.

Feyenoord is actually in 3rd and ahead of PSV who are in 5th place right now. Can't remember the last time that happened this late in the season.

Plaats reactie