Ajacieden in Oranje

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Andy22
Contacteer:

Bericht door Andy22 » wo mar 23, 2005 3:37 pm

I really hope Andy van der Meyde wil be called to play!!
"I am a Maniac, an AJAX-maniac"

SPL

U17 Euro Championship

Bericht door SPL » di mei 03, 2005 6:41 pm

Just watched Holland U 17 v Croatia U 17 in Euro u17 championship on Euro sport. 2-2 was the final score with the dutch scoring in 80th and 85th mins. Games last 80 mins.

3 young 16 year old Ajax boys from our B1 team were in action.

Vurnon Anita , who has already been awarded a contract with Ajax, looked lively and skillful a sort of Pienaar type as he looked to be playing a sort of No 10 role.

Jeffrey Sarpong, was playing a more deeper central midfield role and came through with some good runs from midfield.His miskick went straight to a team mate who scored the first.

John Goosens played on the left flank but did not get much service.He was substituted in second half.

I have to admit I only watched it as I knew some Ajax kids were playing.

I think we will hear and see more in the future of Anita and Sarpong.

The only other time I have watched Dutch youth international was the U20's earlier in the season and a lad called Hedwiges Maduro stood out in that game.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mei 11, 2005 8:17 am

Holland boss Marco van Basten has revealed his squad of 20 players that will be invited on a sort of post-season training camp in Noordwijk from 24 to 27 May. Holland will play qualifiers against Romanie (June 04) and Finland (June 08) and this training camp in Noordwijk also serves as a sort of try-out for some newcomers.

The squad of 20:

Goalkeepers: Van der Sar (Fulham), Timmer (AZ)

Defenders: Heitinga, De Jong (Ajax), Vlaar, Opdam (AZ), Melchiot (Birmingham), Boulahrouz (Hamburger SV), Jansen (Vitesse).

Midfielders: Maduro, Sneijder, Van der Vaart (Ajax), Landzaat, Lindenbergh (AZ).

Forwards: Babel (Ajax), Van Persie (Arsenal), Robben (Chelsea), Van Nistelrooy (Manchester United), Castelen, Kuyt (Feyenoord).

PSV players Zoetebier, Bouma, Lucius, Ooyer, Van Bommel, Cocu and Vennegoor of Hesselink, plus Barcelona's Van Bronckhorst and Bayern Munich's Makaay are also in Van Basten's 'pre-selection' for the two qualifiers, but they will not join the team on the training camp in May. The PSV gang because they're playing the Amstel Cup final that week, Van Bronckhorst because the season in Spain is about to reach its climax and Makaay...? I'm not sure. They've already clinched the championship, but I'm sure there's some other reason.

So, in total there are 29 players in the pre-selection. A few will drop out for the actual games.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jun 01, 2005 6:54 am

Oranje played a training game against Hoofdklasse amateurs Quick Boys from the town of Katwijk yesterday - and won by the score of 7-0. Robin van Persie netted three times. The other Holland goals were scored by Rafaël van der Vaart (still an Ajacied! His contract at Ajax ends on June 30th; his deal at HSV starts on July 1st... :D ), Nigel de Jong (2x) and p$v's Jan Frankenstein of Elbow-King.

Marco van Basten is facing a pretty long list of injuries at the moment. Players such as Makaay, Boulahrouz, Robben, Ooijer, Van Bommel, Bouma and our own Wesley Sneijder did not see action. In fact: Sneijder left the training camp earlier this week. He has the flu and an ankle injury, and will not be in the squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Romania and Finland.

Rafaël van der Vaart also picked up a knock in training a few days ago. It seemed serious, but he was already fit enough to play (and score) against Quick Boys.

For the record: Holland are in training for the World Cup qualifiers against Romania (Rotterdam, Sat 04 June) and Finland (Helsinki, Wed 08 June).

K.
Still alive...

astabooty
Contacteer:

Bericht door astabooty » vr jun 03, 2005 4:27 am

Gio is also out.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » vr jun 03, 2005 12:20 pm

Ajacied will score tomorrow

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » za jun 04, 2005 7:40 am

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Ajacied will score tomorrow
Is Mitea in their squad?

;)
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

astabooty
Contacteer:

Bericht door astabooty » za jun 04, 2005 5:49 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:
ZoefdeHaas schreef:Ajacied will score tomorrow
Is Mitea in their squad?

;)
lets hope lobont is :-P

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za jun 04, 2005 9:41 pm

No Ajacied scored

Holland 2-0 Romania

(Robben, and Kuyt)

But Lobont was in goal :worshippy:
Get a Cock

Kilroy

Qualifying games on TV

Bericht door Kilroy » za jun 04, 2005 10:16 pm

NL-Romania was only shown in the US on ESPN Deportes, which no one can receive of course, thanks to the insistence of ESPN to only sell the rights to Cable and Satellite providers in conjunction with just about all other ESPN and Disney channels, at an exorbitant price. All we could do is listen on Radio 1 to two announcers who make the amateurish mistake of incessantly interrupting each other.
Fox Soccer Channel showed SerbiaM. -Belgium and they are still trying to wake up the viewers who are in a coma from boredom.

GOOD NEWS IS: Finland-NL will be shown live by FSC on Wednesday. It also looks like Univision has acquired the rights to the WC<20 and will show the games on Galavision, which is available on satellite (including EchoStar).

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » za jun 04, 2005 11:14 pm

Is there a way to have the following match shown on streaming internet?
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo jun 05, 2005 1:03 pm

Lobont, Mitea and good old Cris Chivu started for Romania. Mitea was replaced in the 66th minute, Lobont and Chivu played the full 90. The truly, truly well-informed Ajax fans amongst you may have noticed that there two more chaps in the Romanian side with names that sound vaguely familiar to Ajax fans: Petre and Munteanu. Ajax had two Romanians with those names on try-out in January 2003. They played in Portugal against Wolfsburg and Aberdeen. The Munteanu who played in Rotterdam yesterday was indeed the bloke who played a couple of friendlies for Ajax (his first name is Vlad). However, the guy tested by Ajax was named Ovidiu Petre, whereas yesterday's Petre had an F as his first initial. So that wasn't him. Ajax turned both players down, by the way.

As for Holland: Heitinga and Van der Vaart started. Van der Vaart (who picked up a yellow card and will be suspended against Finland) was replaced in the 81st minute by Maduro. Nigel de Jong also came on as a sub, replacing Van Bommel in the 50th minute. Normally a handful of other Oranje players are 'ex-Ajax', but in this case there weren't that many: Van der Sar and Landzaat were the only ones with an Ajax history (and in Landzaat's case a very minimal history in Ajax-1).

K.
Still alive...

Dr. Living Stoned
Founding Father

Bericht door Dr. Living Stoned » zo jun 05, 2005 8:38 pm

F. Petre is Florentin Petre. I tought he was a midfielder [left] and he impressed me a couple of years ago by trashing Heerenveen
I'M NOT A COMPLETE IDIOT!
...some parts are missing

astabooty
Contacteer:

Bericht door astabooty » ma jun 06, 2005 2:25 am

Raymon schreef:Is there a way to have the following match shown on streaming internet?
http://www.coolstreaming.org/

but the site has been down, so you can get the program from me on msn
[email protected]

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » ma jun 06, 2005 6:02 pm

astabooty schreef:
Raymon schreef:Is there a way to have the following match shown on streaming internet?
http://www.coolstreaming.org/

but the site has been down, so you can get the program from me on msn
[email protected]
Thnx mate! :xyxthumbs:
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za jun 18, 2005 6:04 pm

Another superb game from Hedwiges Maduro today, in Holland U-20's last group game against Benin. Maduro scored the only goal of the game for Holland (good finish after a great rush through the Benin defense), so that Oranje finish tops in the groups with three wins. Well done. Maduro is really making an impression!

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Holland vs Germany

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 16, 2005 6:55 am

Holland vs Germany in Rotterdam tonight (friendly).

Five Ajacieden are in the squad (Babel, Heitinga, Maduro, De Jong and Sneijder), but according to De Telegraaf only one of them will start. Van Basten's line-up, as expected by De Telegraaf:

Van der Sar; Kromkamp, Boulahrouz, Opdam, De Cler; Landzaat, Maduro, Cocu; Kuyt, Van Nistelrooy, Robben.

Nigel de Jong is slightly injured. He picked up a knock in training and will not play from the start, but it's nothing too serious and he will be available on the bench. No worries for Ajax; he'll be okay for Saturday (RBC away).

K.
Still alive...

Manneken Pis

Re: Holland vs Germany

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di aug 16, 2005 8:27 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Holland vs Germany in Rotterdam tonight (friendly).

K.
Err....I think it's on tomorrow actually.
For those with cable it's on ARD1 (German Channel).

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 16, 2005 8:49 am

Yes - you're right!

Damn, I thought today was Wednesday...

Game's one Wednesday, ladies and gents.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di aug 16, 2005 12:07 pm

If they have already Cocu and Landzaat in midfield, I think van der vaart will play instead of maduro
Get a Cock

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di aug 16, 2005 3:39 pm

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do aug 18, 2005 8:35 am

We should have beaten them by six lightyears, but oh well, whatever...

I watched parts of the second half and highlights of the whole game and it seemed to be a pretty fast and entertaining game.

K.
Still alive...

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do aug 18, 2005 10:19 am

Kowalczyk schreef:We should have beaten them by six lightyears, but oh well, whatever...

I watched parts of the second half and highlights of the whole game and it seemed to be a pretty fast and entertaining game.

K.
Yup...good game, but horribly predictable...Holland lots of skill and clear cut chances....RvN missed a chance he would score week in week out for ManUre, Kuyt missed a header he would normally score in his sleep and Landzaat hit the bar with a beautiful lob...all in the first half....and that's when you get nervous they're going to screw it up....which they did.

Maduro was quiet, Heitinga was poor, RvdV looked fit and strong for the first time in years. Robben was world class.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do aug 18, 2005 10:56 am

Van der Vaart was good, I think he can do well with Makaay and V.Persie
Get a Cock

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » do aug 18, 2005 11:36 am

Manneken Pis schreef:Heitinga was poor
Breaking news..... Call the press... ;)
meh :|

Plaats reactie