Ajacieden in Oranje

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Mr. Ajax

Bericht door Mr. Ajax » za sep 03, 2005 5:06 pm

Well enough of that bullshit loser philosophy. At some point you gotta be efficient or you end up being a loser..... People reminds Holland 74 with nostalgy, but they LOST the final against the Germs (the same goes for 98 or even 2000). That's the point.

And by the way Kuijt IS entertaining, he is entertaining in a classic way : good skills, nothing fancy, but tremendous fighting spirit and GOALS. He'll never be Van Basten or Ronaldo but I, for one, enjoy his simplicity, even if he is a Feyenoord player (not liking players just because they play for a club is stupid to begin with, in particular in 2005 with the Bosman ruling and stuff).
Like i said, I'd rather lose with attractive football, than win with dull football. And Kuijt is an excellent player, but he is simply dull...He is not an attractive player, so get that out of your head. He is efficient, not attractive. And I believe that is pretty much what we're arguing about. You'd rather have efficiency, when I would rather enjoy attractive, entertaining football. Call it a loser philosophy if you want, it just happens to be the AJAX-philosophy. And I will always stand by it.

Again, I would rather lose against AC Milan while playing as a true AJAX, than win while playing like AC Milan.
- Je bent net zolang gestoord tot je een genie bent -

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za sep 03, 2005 5:11 pm

Mr. Ajax schreef:This coming from an AJAX-fan? (...) I would rather play amazingly offensive and attractive football against AC Milan and lose, than play like AC Milan and win... But you obviously have a different opinion.
It depends. If Ajax always played catenaccio, I would not be an Ajax fan. Plain simple. I want Ajax to look good and play attractively.

My point is that you simple can't be attractive if you're not good. A solid Italian side that plays defensively but is actually capable of passing the ball into each other's feet and score goals, is actually more attractive than a team that plays 3-4-3 with three offensive midfielders that is constantly passing sloppily and seems incapable of stringing more than three proper passes together.

In other words: an offensive 3-4-3 team that can't play can never be attractive. Absolutely impossible. It's only attractive if they can make it work. And for that you need basic, solid quality. That comes first. Always.

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » za sep 03, 2005 5:15 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Expected Holland line-up (based on training) for tomorrow's game in Armenia...

--------------------------- Van der Sar --------------------------------

Kromkamp ---- Boulahrouz ------ Opdam ------ Van Bronckhorst

------ Landzaat ----------- Maduro ------------ Cocu ----------------

--- Kuyt -------------- Van Nistelrooy -------- Van Persie -----------

Hedwiges Maduro will probably be the only Ajacied in the starting eleven. Edgar Manucharyan will most definitely start for Armenia. He normally plays as a striker or 'number ten' for his country, so he will probably bump into Maduro quite a lot!

K.
Sometimes i just dont get it with Van Basten, i mean there are a lot of players being played out of position. Van Persie i believe is not a winger,neither is Kuyt(but i´ve gotten used to it). So my question is why do the netherlands force the 4-3-3, force it to the point where they dont use wingers but any other player that can fill the void. Its intriguing... I remember the game against the czech republic..... Davids at left back :nooo: .

The shit works anyway, holland is in the world cup so im gonna shut up :xyxthumbs:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Mr. Ajax

Bericht door Mr. Ajax » za sep 03, 2005 5:57 pm

It depends. If Ajax always played catenaccio, I would not be an Ajax fan. Plain simple. I want Ajax to look good and play attractively.

My point is that you simple can't be attractive if you're not good. A solid Italian side that plays defensively but is actually capable of passing the ball into each other's feet and score goals, is actually more attractive than a team that plays 3-4-3 with three offensive midfielders that is constantly passing sloppily and seems incapable of stringing more than three proper passes together.

In other words: an offensive 3-4-3 team that can't play can never be attractive. Absolutely impossible. It's only attractive if they can make it work. And for that you need basic, solid quality. That comes first. Always.
First of all, i would like to express that I'm not very keen on the 4-3-3/3-4-3. I find that system 'not up to date'. I would much rather see a version of the 3-5-2, which i have already posted in a different topic. Besides that, I don't find it necessary to ALWAYS have a solid team as a foundation for a team that can play attractive football. Example; the team i enjoy the most at this moment is AZ. However, AZ wouldn't make it in the Champions League.
- Je bent net zolang gestoord tot je een genie bent -

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za sep 03, 2005 6:09 pm

Bottom-line is: I do not enjoy watching a team that is incapable of playing the way they wanted to play. No matter what the intention was. Football can never be attractive if all the passes are inaccurate.

This is the #1 reason why Ajax were a particularly unattractive football team last season. Because they looked so... helpless.

K.
Still alive...

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » za sep 03, 2005 6:42 pm

Seems like you both have kind of similar opinions, but forums are made for arguing so please continue... ;)
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za sep 03, 2005 9:33 pm

Okay - this was one shit game (as expected). Holland won it on a single Van Nistelrooy goal, but what a terrible match it was. Yuk.

It turned out to be an extremely good evening for Holland, though, as the Czech Republic lost in Romania: 2-0. Two goals by Mutu... what was he on? :D

Standings are now like this:

1. Holland 9-25 (21-3)
2. Romania: 11-22 (19-10)
3. Czech Rep.: 9-21 (28-9)
4. Finland: 9-13 (16-14)
5. Macedonia: 10-8 (10-19)
6. Andorra: 10-5 (4-27)
7. Armenia: 10-4 (5-21)

We've almost got it wrapped up! Andorra on Wednesday!

K.
Still alive...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » za sep 03, 2005 10:05 pm

He was on Grygera. Best high any striker can get.

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » za sep 03, 2005 10:26 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Two goals by Mutu... what was he on? :D
Ha ha! :D

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » zo sep 04, 2005 11:19 am

THe Czechs loosing is also very good for Sweden as they were in the battle with us for the two best second place (for a direct qualification).

Sweden is also really close to Germany now.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » zo sep 04, 2005 11:38 am

Per schreef:THe Czechs loosing is also very good for Sweden as they were in the battle with us for the two best second place (for a direct qualification).

Sweden is also really close to Germany now.
Let's hope they will be as good as they were in 94. I know the final will be Brazil - Holland (Brazil will win easily).Sweden can grab third place :)
meh :|

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo sep 04, 2005 12:33 pm

Carcajou schreef:I know the final will be Brazil - Holland (Brazil will win easily).Sweden can grab third place :)
In that case Sweden can have that slot in the final and the 2nd place.

Please don't let us lose another final. I'd rather be eliminated at an early stage.

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » zo sep 04, 2005 1:15 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Carcajou schreef:I know the final will be Brazil - Holland (Brazil will win easily).Sweden can grab third place :)
In that case Sweden can have that slot in the final and the 2nd place.

Please don't let us lose another final. I'd rather be eliminated at an early stage.

K.
Brazil - Holland would be my final of choice. These two teams are the ones that made me dream, the essence of "pleasure" football. I remember Holland - Brazil in 94 and 98 as somehow bitter but cool games. And Brazil play such an entertaining football (can you imagine the slaughter with Ronaldo, Robinho, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Kaka, Cicinho, Cafu and SO MANY MORE).

I'm pretty sure that they could field two teams for the World Cup (and that both would be good enough to play the final).

That is why even losing against them would be acceptable. Sad, but acceptable.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo sep 04, 2005 7:01 pm

Holland team news...

Gio van Bronckhorst has left the building (injured); Tim de Cler takes his place in the squad for the Andorra game. Thank God it's only Andorra.

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo sep 04, 2005 8:38 pm

I think you could be right about Brazil, 25 minutes gone and they're already 2-0 up against Chile and they just look like they're playing for fun, like a practise game or something.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma sep 05, 2005 4:26 am

SE6Ajacied schreef:
I think you could be right about Brazil, 25 minutes gone and they're already 2-0 up against Chile and they just look like they're playing for fun, like a practise game or something.
5-0 final score, Jesus christ and they played without Ronaldinho :worshippy:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SoliloQuy

Bericht door SoliloQuy » ma sep 05, 2005 3:43 pm

Of course, theres one thing qualifying but theres another thing winning it, don't get me wrong they are one of the favourites, but one bad game and you could be on the way home.

I just hope a team who plays good football wins, not like Greece in Euro 2004.

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » ma sep 05, 2005 3:57 pm

SoliloQuy schreef:I just hope a team who plays good football wins, not like Greece in Euro 2004.
Word. Oh how I hated it when Greece kept going. With all due respect, they played the only way the could, but it was so damn boring.

I would have loved it if I was from Greece though. ;)

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma sep 05, 2005 6:32 pm

jakobg schreef:
SoliloQuy schreef:I just hope a team who plays good football wins, not like Greece in Euro 2004.
Word. Oh how I hated it when Greece kept going. With all due respect, they played the only way the could, but it was so damn boring.

I would have loved it if I was from Greece though. ;)
Well, it was quite fun to be in Greece then.

To be fair to Greece, they were such an underdog, and so outmanned, skillwise, that it was fun to watch them. Especially when they beat the portugese women's team twice. Afbeelding

Ahh great memories. Wasn't that nice?

But after a while, the underdog thing wore off, and I began to get tired of them.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » ma sep 05, 2005 6:51 pm

aveslacker schreef: Afbeelding
I just LOVE Christiano Ronaldo. He's got skills, pace, vision. Of course he's a show pony, but who cares. He's a treat for the eye on a football field.

SoliloQuy

Bericht door SoliloQuy » ma sep 05, 2005 7:01 pm

I hate him so much, partly because he plays for Man Utd, and its just something about him, I don't like.

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » ma sep 05, 2005 7:25 pm

SoliloQuy schreef:I hate him so much, partly because he plays for Man Utd, and its just something about him, I don't like.
Money, good looks and a job as a footballplayer?

:D

SoliloQuy

Bericht door SoliloQuy » ma sep 05, 2005 7:29 pm

Money and a good job I'll give you that!

Has anybody seen his Suzuki advert?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma sep 05, 2005 7:31 pm

Per schreef:Money, good looks and a job as a footballplayer?
A f*cking euro in his earlobe, an annoying babyface and the voice of a ballet dancer in tights and suspenders. Whiner. Would love to kick the living d...

Oh whatever. Never mind.

K.
Still alive...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » ma sep 05, 2005 7:38 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Per schreef:Money, good looks and a job as a footballplayer?
A f*cking euro in his earlobe, an annoying babyface and the voice of a ballet dancer in tights and suspenders. Whiner. Would love to kick the living d...

Oh whatever. Never mind.

K.
HA HA,

never knew so much emotions could be stirred up by a friggin teenager.

Anyways, love the reaction, just what I wanted :xyxthumbs:

P.s There is nothing wrong being a baby-face, there is nothing wrong a being a baby face, there is nothing wrong being a baby-face.

P.ss Remind me to fake shave once in A-dam.

Plaats reactie