Ajax Youth & Amateurs

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di jan 22, 2008 9:00 pm

Kowalczyk said:
Normally Ajax start giving professional contracts to players of the A1 team (age 17/18). Now they're signing up a whole bunch of B1 boys, who are 16 or 17.

The reason for that: expectations of the current B1 crop are very high. Everybody within the club has been aware of this for several years: the crop that is currently the A1 is not very special (relatively poor), but the crop after that (today's B1) really is something. People are raving about Wesley Sneijder's younger brother, and Castillion and Dekker, in particular.

Foreign clubs are aware of this already. There are more scouts from the U.K. and Spain on the stands for B1 games than for A1 games. Which is unusual.

Surely there are good players in the A1 team, ive seen clips of them, e.g. Slijngaard, Lewis, Schilder, Wormgoor, sterk etc

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jan 23, 2008 12:08 pm

AYMAN

The players you list are already contracted. In the current A1 team Will,Alderweireld Blind, Supusepa and Sousa Campos were all contracted last summer.

According to today's headlines we are to contract 12 of the B1 so hopefully the scouts of UK and Spain can soon piss off home empty handed. !!

If we start losing 16 year olds then we may as well pack up the youth system!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo jan 23, 2008 1:57 pm

SPL said:
AYMAN

The players you list are already contracted. In the current A1 team Will,Alderweireld Blind, Supusepa and Sousa Campos were all contracted last summer.

According to today's headlines we are to contract 12 of the B1 so hopefully the scouts of UK and Spain can soon piss off home empty handed. !!

If we start losing 16 year olds then we may as well pack up the youth system!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hold your horses! I was not criticising the youth system or the B1 team, I was just specifying that we had good players in the AY team thats all :confused.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jan 23, 2008 6:52 pm

Ayman

Did not think you were criticising. Just thought I would point out the players you mentioned are reserves .A1 team of course are the senior youth team.( It would be easier if our youth teams were U19 U18 and U17 and not A1 A2 B1 etc)

We do have a few talented youths under contract when you consider De Jong,VdHeijden,Donald Sarpong , VdWeil , Anita and Sarpong have all played for the first team this season and are still teenagers and Wormgoor,Goossens are near to the squad as well.

You mention Slinjgard, who spent some time at Groningen last season. As a left back i thought he might come through to challenge Urby this season
but it looks as if he will probably move on at seasons end.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jan 31, 2008 2:04 pm

Headlines state that we have signed 9 of the B1 team. Will await the official site but it appears that Sneijder Castillion Bonevacia Burnet Dekker
Ebecilio Ottenhoff Van Rijn and Schouw( signed last week) are all under contract.All Dutch.

Real Madrid and Liverpool want Sneijder and evidently Chelsea and Arsenal
wanted Bonevacia. Liverpool Chelsea and Arsenal probably wanted to sign all 9!!!!

Hope this is official as this group appears to have talent and we cannot start losing 16 year olds to the rich scum of England!

PS That last comment sounds a bit daft coming from a 56 year old Englishman but the stealing of foreign youth by our top teams is a disgrace
and they should concentrate on young english talent.

The main thing is that the rich scum of England plus Spain can now piss off from Amsterdam as they are getting nothing from Ajax.
Their scouts can hopefully go somewhere else on a Saturday afternoon.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jan 31, 2008 7:54 pm

Official site confirms 6 of the B1 have signed contracts to June 2011

Roly Bonevacia , Jeffrey Dekker, Bryan Ottenhoff, Rick Shouw,
Ricardo Van Rhijn and Rodney Sneijder.

Burnet Ebecilio and Castillion are all expected to sign.

This will be good news once they are all signed.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo feb 20, 2008 12:30 pm

Looks like we are about to put more of these kids from the B1 under contract.

VI site just reported that Castillion ,Ebecilio and aJosefzoon are signing
together with Jordi Schell from the A1 team.Will await the official site.

These might be minor players at the present but it will be relief when we have put them all under contract. A story in Uk today that Chelsea have taken a15 year old from Reggina and the Italians are unhappy.
UEFA need to make arule that you cannot take kids from another country before they are 18.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 03, 2008 3:24 pm

Official site confirms that Jordi Schell ,Vlatko Lazic and Deniz Aslan, all A1
regulars have been given contracts to June 2010.
In addition Roy Ouwerkerk , the A1 reserve goalie has been given a contract to June 2009.The A1's regular goalie is Padt, an U19 with Holland ,so it seems a bit of a surprise that his understudy has got a contract and he hasn't.( Padt is still 17 so does have another year in the youth whereas Ouwerkerk finishes with the the youth this summer) )

The remaining B1 's ie 16 year olds have not yet officially signed.

PS All the above are of course Dutch.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 10, 2008 12:42 am

I see our A1 team lost 6-0 at home to Sparta A1 I only mention this as 4 goals were scored by a Joey Godee , who was let go by Ajax last summer
from the youths!!!

JM

Bericht door JM » di mar 11, 2008 5:59 pm

Whoa!!! I try to stay fairly up-to-date with how the A1 side is doing, and know there have been some less than stellar performances. But 6-0??? Are things that bad or were there other circumstances that affected the result.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mar 11, 2008 7:51 pm

They did have a good run of wins but have lost 3 in a row. Losing to Heerenveen and Fword is one thing but Sparta 6-0 is bad.Their results plus the players for each game are listed on official site. They have in fact lost 5 out of 20 league games.Heerenveen and fword have beaten us twice with Sparta once.

Ko has already said that the current A1 is not great.They do not seem to have a decent goal scorer in the team.Schell is top scorer with 10 but he has dried up.

I just follow the results and know the names of players but how good they are I know as little as anyone.

Several of them have got contracts. Ouwerkerk the second choice goalie, defenders Will Aslan Blind Supusepa as well as Alderweireld plus Sousa Campos and Lazic, both forwards.

It could well be these are the best of a poor lot whereas the current B1 ie under 17's appear talented.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mar 13, 2008 8:06 pm

Looking at the Ajax kids in the Dutch youth squads named this week would show that indeed the current A1 team is not so good.

Dutch u15's won this week with 6 Ajax players.

Dutch u17's have 3 games over this weekend and have 7 of our young B1 kids with 2 others on standby.

Then the numbers decrease.

Dutch u 18 have picked VdMeulen and Antonia( both play for our A2 team
and have barely appeared for the A1) plus Padt the regular A1 youth team goalie.

Dutch u19 , just Blind and Supusepa.

Thus only 3 of our A1 team are in the Dutch youth teams (although the 2
non Dutch A1 players Alderweireld and Sousa Campos are Belgium U19's)

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mar 25, 2008 7:21 pm

Official site confirms the signing of the remaining 4 talented B1 players ie 16 and 17 year olds.

Contracts to June 2011 for Lorenzo Ebecilo, Geoffrey Castillion,Lorenzo Burnet and Florian Josefzoon.

Thats 10 of the under 17 team signed up. All are local Dutch lads .

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di mar 25, 2008 7:51 pm

SPL schreef:Official site confirms the signing of the remaining 4 talented B1 players ie 16 and 17 year olds.

Contracts to June 2011 for Lorenzo Ebecilo, Geoffrey Castillion,Lorenzo Burnet and Florian Josefzoon.

Thats 10 of the under 17 team signed up. All are local Dutch lads .
If the club can just ride through this miserable period, things might start looking up.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mar 28, 2008 6:41 pm

And still more youths under contract.

Sergio Padt the A1 youth team goalie
and Rene Osei-Kofi from our B1 team have been given contracts to July 2011.

I read yesterday that Chelsea are to give a trial to one of the Dutch U17 team.The lad actually plays for an amatuer team in Rotterdam. The fact that Chelsea are still sniffing round the Dutch u17 system makes us realise how important it is that we have now put 11 young kids from our U 17 under contract.If our club had been slow off the mark then some of these kids could now be on their way to London.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 08, 2008 6:57 pm

Probably not going to give any more of our senior A1 team kids a contract.

I see that Frank Olijve, a midfielder, who has played regularly for the senior A1 this season is about to sign for Vittesse Arnhem as Ajax are not giving him a contract.

Deciding who to give contracts to at 18/19 must be very hard especially when we have 2 senior youth teams ie A1 and A2. That means about 36 kids in all . This season they must be pretty average as the club have
given so many contracts to our u17's.

As we have already said lets hope these 16/17 year olds come good.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr apr 11, 2008 11:00 am

I see our A1 team beat PSV last night in the semi final of the senior youth
cup. Score at full time 0-0 but pleased to say we won 7-6 on penalties.
Always good to beat PSV whatever the level.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo apr 13, 2008 10:46 pm

Ajax lost 2-0 today in the friendly to celebrate 150 years of Sheffield FC. I can't find any reports at all on the web but the 'Sheffield Forum' (http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthr ... ?p=3381341) gives that as a final score. Even if Ajax don't rport it, I'm sure there'll be info on here http://www.sheffieldfc.com/
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma apr 14, 2008 9:25 pm

OK, so here's a match report from yesterday - confirmed, a 2-0 defeat.

http://www.sheffieldfc.com/ajax-i323.html
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do apr 17, 2008 6:50 pm

We have taken on Sparta's talented 15 year old goalie Warner Hahn.

I only mention this as he evidently turned down the chance of a contract
with those English thieves Arsenal to join our youth system even though he is under no contract here.

Good to see that he is staying in Holland . Although I refer to arsenal and chelsea as thieves as they try and nick young kids for nothing from all over the world I am sure Sparta fans are saying the same thing about Ajax stealing one of their kids.

I would add that at least Ajax are only signing Dutch kids which is good for Holland , the 2 english teams mentioned are signing non english kids.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 22, 2008 7:13 pm

I see Arsenal have taken some 15 year old from AZ. Just as well we signed all our talented 16 year olds. Mind you we have about 8 kids in the Dutch u15 team and english clubs are already looking at that age group.
We may have to start signing on our kids on their 16th birthdays to stop Arsenal and Chelski robbing them.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do apr 24, 2008 11:58 am

I thought we had signed all our U17's but in yesterday's Dutch u17 game in Belgium we had one of our U16's playing. Dico Koppers a defender.He was born Jan 1992 whereas all our other young U17's are born in 1991.

As that Dutch side last night had this 15 year old Az kid that is signing for Arsenal we need to consider putting Koppers under contract.Koppers is the only Ajax U16 who has been in the dutch U17 squad .

PS Sorry if I go on about our youth, as a retired person I have got too much time on my hands!!!!

I have followed our A1 U19 team and reserves for a couple of years now but back in January 2008 there was all this talk of our B1 team interesting the English clubs and of course they are putting them under contract.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do apr 24, 2008 11:35 pm

HOLY HOLY MOTHER OFF GOD !!!!!!!

Ajax are handing a tryout to Venezuelan starlet Gustavo Paez....

http://www.meridiano.com.ve/@Futbol/Fut ... rte=Futbol

:onfire.gif:Im on the moon right now.....

Anybody know abot this by the way ???
BRING IT ON !!!!...

peter
Site Admin & Toto winner WC 2006, EC 2008

Bericht door peter » vr apr 25, 2008 11:12 am

This means that this lad is a good one?

Azeri
Contacteer:

Bericht door Azeri » vr apr 25, 2008 12:56 pm

Peter schreef:This means that this lad is a good one?
This just means that this lad is Venezuelan :ajaxsmiley.gif:

Plaats reactie