Young Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Young Ajax

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do feb 03, 2005 2:35 pm

Let's not start a separate thread for every Young Ajax match in the Match of the Day. Instead, let's discuss them here. Everything about Young Ajax (a.k.a. Ajax-2 or the Ajax Reserves) in this thread, please!
Still alive...

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » do feb 03, 2005 5:27 pm

VOICE OF VIETNAM: "Dutch football club to play friendly match against Vietnam"

Story

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do feb 03, 2005 9:48 pm

Thanks for the VoV article. Sounds really fantastic. Great chance for the ajax Youth to travel,see the world, and play some footie.

Now,Speaking of Jong Ajax matches, :xyxthumbs: , I will be attending the Jong Ajax v. Jong Vitesse and the rescheduled Jong Ajax v. Jong Heracles-Twente on 14 and 17 February, Dutch weather permitting . If anyone cares to join me,biers on me.

astabooty
Contacteer:

Bericht door astabooty » vr feb 04, 2005 12:55 am

How did the boys do today?

Did O'Brien go the full 90?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Young Ajax - Young NAC: 2-3

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 04, 2005 2:51 am

The good news: it seems like J.O.B. indeed played the full 90.

The bad news: Young Ajax are out of the cup. 2-3 home defeat to Young NAC. They went 0-2 down, pulled a goal back (Gaston Sangoy), then saw NAC make it 1-3, after which Hedwiges Maduro scored: 2-3. But that was it, in spite of a siege in the last minutes.

All in all, Young Ajax just did not have their day and coach John van den Brom grumbled that the team didn't have the right attitude.

Bummer. Out of the 'big' Amstel Cup and the Amstel Malt Cup... They don't exactly live up to their cupfighting reputation this season...
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr feb 04, 2005 7:41 pm

JOB played 90 mins on Monday against Utrecht and 74 mins yesterday v NAC.

I note one of the subs who made an appearance last night was a young A1 player Javier Martina. Any info on him,is he Dutch?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Young Ajax - Young Vitesse: cancelled!

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di feb 15, 2005 11:02 am

For your information:

Last night's match in the Beloftencompetitie ('Talent Competition') between Young Ajax and Young Vitesse was called off due to the weather conditions and the poor state of the pitch at De Toekomst. The game has been re-scheduled to Monday 11 April, kick-off 18:30 CET.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Young Twente - Young Ajax: cancelled!

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do feb 17, 2005 1:54 pm

Tonight's game in Enschede between Young FC Twente and Young Ajax has been called off. The pitch in Enschede is in miserable condition due to rainfall and frost.

The game was originally scheduled for January 24, but re-scheduled to February 17. This is the second time it has been called off. A new date has not been announced yet.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Young Ajax update

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di feb 22, 2005 7:18 am

Yet another Young Ajax league game got called off due to the weather and the condition of the pitch. Young Willem II vs Young Ajax was scheduled for yesterday evening, but has been re-scheduled to Thursday 03 March.

And now for the good news: due to the various cancellations, combined with the fact that runners-up Young Feyenerd did play some of their games, both teams had 36 points, although Ajax collected these 36 points in 14 games and Feyenoord in 16.

Nevertheless, Young Feyenoord could have temporarily jumped to the top of the table by beating Young FC Utrecht. But they didn't: 2-1 to Utrecht - and Young Ajax actually improved their position without playing.

The current table in the Beloftencompetitie ('Talent Competition'):

Ajax: 14-36 (that's 14 games, 36 points)
Feyenoord: 17-36
sc Heerenveen: 16-24
PSV: 14-23
Willem II: 14-23
FC Utrecht: 16-23
NAC Breda: 16-22
Vitesse: 14-21
FC Twente: 14-19
RKC Waalwijk: 14-18
Excelsior: 17-15
Heracles Almelo: 16-14
FC Volendam: 16-14
ADO Den Haag: 16- 8

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Esajas injury in ADO'20 friendly

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo feb 23, 2005 7:02 am

Due to a number of match cancellations in recent weeks, Young Ajax decided to add a friendly yo their agenda against ADO '20, the Hoofdklasse ('Top Class') amateur outfit coached by former Ajacied Robbie Witschge.

Young Ajax lost the game by the score of 1-3 (only goal for Ajax: Gaston Sangoy), but more importantly, also lost Etienne Esajas, who had to be replaced due to a hamstring injury he sustained during an individual action (no foul). It looked bad and coach John van den Brom admitted that Esajas will probably be out for a long time. Scans will be made at the hospital today.

Two Ajax A1 youngsters got playing time for Young Ajax (Robert Schilder and Michael Timisela), as Young Ajax's Lindgren and Filipe are in the first squad for Auxerre.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Young Ajax - Young Heracles: cancelled!

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mar 07, 2005 1:05 pm

Another cancellation...

Tonight's game at De Toekomst between Young Ajax and Young Heracles Almelo has been called off.

This is probably the last in a long series of cancellations. Thaw has set in and no more snow is expected. Holland will be 'snow-free' by the end of this week, is the general expectation.

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di mar 08, 2005 3:10 pm

It was 60'F here yesterday. May your weather follow suit. Talk about fixture congestion. I think John van den brom may be calling a few more A1 lads into his side over the next several weeks.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Young Feyenoord - Young Ajax: 3-2

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 15, 2005 8:38 am

Damn. Young Ajax lost in De Kuip. 3-0 down at half-time, goals for Ajax by Niklas Moisander and Ryan Babel. 3-2. Many, many defensive mistakes in the first half and a piss-poor attitude, according to coach John van den Brom, which is strange because they finally got to play a game of football after six weeks of cancellations.

Line-up:

Vermeer; Emanuelson, Kras, Moisander, Obodai; Pienaar, Aborah, Tiberkanine; De Ridder, Babel, Mitea.

Young Ajax are now three points behind Young Feyenoord, but have three games in hand, so there's not much to worry about, I guess. This was Young Ajax's first defeat of the season.

K.
Still alive...

tom

Young players

Bericht door tom » di mar 15, 2005 11:15 pm

:headbang: Hey there. I havent had the chance of seeing Young Ajax in action but I've heard a lot of good things about these players: Vermeer, Tiberkanine, Emmanuelson, Aborah and 2 argentinian dudes. I just wanted to know how good these kids really are. I'm sure they have to be good in order to play for Ajax but still I wanted to know the opinion of real Ajax experts and that would be you guys. Thanks and take care :xyxthumbs:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Young Ajax - young p$v: 3-0

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 22, 2005 8:14 am

Wouldn't want to call it 'revenge' (that would make us really tragic), but it was a very nice game at De Toekomst last night and a very good result: Young Ajax vs young p$v 3-0.

Pretty much the whole Ajax-1 bench of Sunday's game played for Young Ajax. Here's the line-up:

Vermeer; Obodai, Boakye, Grygera, Emanuelson; De Jong, Aborah, Lindgren; De Ridder, Anastasiou, Sahadewsing.

Young Ajax were off to a splendid start: De Ridder slipped past his man immediately from kick-off, was brought down and got the penalty. The second minute had only just started when Stanley Aborah fired the penalty against the nets: 1-0 (2').

8th minute: free-kick by Urby Emanuelson, easily tapped home by a completely unmarked Nigel de Jong, 2-0.

Young Ajax were the by far better side. It was a bit like Ajax vs PSV (first teams), but then the other way round: Ajax allowed PSV to attack a little bit, but kept creating the better chances themselves. The best goal of the day was Nigel de Jong's second (in the second half): a fine run followed by a very, very beatiful rocket with his left into the top corner. 3-0 (63').

The league table is a bit messy due to many cancellations in recent weeks, but Young F-Word lost to Young Vitesse, so that Ajax are now 'virtually' nine points clear:

1. Young Feyenoord: 20 games, 42 points
2. Young Ajax: 16-39
3. Young p$v: 18-32
4. Young Twente: 17-28
5. Young Heerenveen: 18-28

So, basically, after two or three re-scheduled games we should be tops by a mile.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Young Ajax - Young Excelsior: 1-0

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo apr 06, 2005 6:57 am

Let me answer the most important question first: no, Tomás Galásek did not make his comeback just yet. Which means he will probably miss the Willem II and AZ games of the first team, as I think they want him to play a game with the reserves first.

Right. The game then...

It was an extremely, extremely poor one from Young Ajax. Young Excelsior (13th on the table in the Beloftencompetitie) actually had two very good chances in the first half (including a Dustley Mulder shot that hit the cross-bar) and Ajax hardly created anything. Nourdin Boukhari scored just before half-time, but the goal was disallowed. It would have been an undeserved one anyway.

It wasn't an excuse for the quality of Young Ajax's play, but it must be said that coach John van den Brom had to be creative in fielding a proper team, due to the absence of Lindgren and Maduro (first team these days). Here's what he came up with:

Stekelenburg; Boakye, Kras, Rusculleda, Sahadewsing; Aborah, De Ridder, Tiberkanine; De Mul, Sangoy, Boukhari. (Subs used: Milano Koenders and Javier Martina).

The second half was just as bad - possibly even worse. Young Ajax hardly deserved the three points, but did grab 'em in the end thanks to a single goal by defender Ruud Kras (one of the players on the team whose contract will not be renewed).

"It was terrible," Van den Brom said after the game. "Our worst game of the season, by far. The only positive thing I can say about it is that we have three points."

Standings in the Beloftencompetitie:

1. Young Feyenoord: 21 games, 45 points
2. Young Ajax: 17 games (!), 42 points
3. Young PSV: 20 games, 33 points
4. Young Vitesse: 20 games, 32 points

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo apr 06, 2005 11:34 am

I see we played Kras, Rusculleda and Sangoy last night. As these 3 are not being retained I hope the club does not pick them again this season but instead gives some of the 18/19 year old A1 players a chance to earn a contract. I see Robbie Schilder has been given a 2 year contract so surely he should be playing.

I know we want to win the reserve league but we must start giving the best of the A1 team games in the reserves.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Young Ajax - Young Vitesse: 4-2

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 12, 2005 11:08 am

A spectacular win for Young Ajax at De Toekomst last night: 4-2 over Young Vitesse.

It didn't come easy: Vitesse were off to a shock start as Fred Benson Erchiah (that's right: formerly of Young Ajax) scored in the 4th and 13th minutes to make it 0-2. Both goals were the result of a Young Ajax defender rather clumsily losing the ball in midfield: Urby Emanuelson was the 'guilty one' for the first goal, Anthony Obodai for the second. Both times, Bogdan Lobont had no chance.

It took Young Ajax a while to recover. They had some chances in the first half but failed to score. A defeat seemed ahead.

Coach John van den Brom replaced Niklas Moisander with Jerginho Sahadewsing at half-time. This offensive substitution allowed Ajax to increase the pressure and it yielded result on the hour: pass Emanuelson, flicked on by Gaston Sangoy and fired home by Stanley Aborah.

The equalizer was scored fifteen minutes before the end by Gaston Sangoy. After that goal Young Vitesse collapsed. One minute later Stanley Aborah tapped home on a Boukhari corner-kick and six minutes after that African Belgian scored his third of the evening on a Sahadewsing thru-pass: 4-2.

"This was a bizarre game," Van den Brom said. "We clumsily gave two goals away in the opening phase. We had some good chances ourselves, but their goalkeeper saved everything. Our passing was not good, which did not exactly give us a self-confidence boost. At half-time there were two things I could do: freak out and yell at them, or keep calm and try to explain what they were doing wrong. I chose for the latter option in this case and they did really well in the second half. We were better organized and we played over the flanks more. I think we deserved the win, eventually. In the end you saw that we have more quality. We scored four very nice goals."

This win was a very important step towards the championship.

Here are the current standings at the top of the Beloftencompetitie:

1. Young Ajax: 18 games, 45 points
2. Young Feyenoord: 21-45
3. Young PSV: 21-36
4. Young Twente: 19-34
5. Young Vitesse: 21-32

K.
Still alive...

fc utreg

Bericht door fc utreg » di apr 12, 2005 9:56 pm

ajax need to start scouting for better defenders.....

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do apr 14, 2005 4:54 pm

Ajax have today given 2 year contracts to 3 youngsters Cees Keizer, Mike Timisela and Jasper Kok,last week they gave a 2 year contract to Robbie Schilder, one year to Sahadewsing and a3year to a Vernon Anita who is only just 16 and evidently still in theB1. I hope I have got these correct as I took them off the official site.

Good to see that they are all dutch.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr apr 15, 2005 3:29 am

Jong Ajax went top after winning 1:2 at Jong Willem II tonight.Gaston Sangoy and Ruud Kras scored the goals.Jong Ajax now have 48 points from 19 matches.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Young Willem II - Young Ajax: 1-2

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr apr 15, 2005 8:45 am

Blind3 schreef:Jong Ajax went top after winning 1:2 at Jong Willem II tonight.Gaston Sangoy and Ruud Kras scored the goals.Jong Ajax now have 48 points from 19 matches.
Some additional info...

All goals were scored in the first six minutes: Sangoy scored after 40 seconds, Willem II equalized almost from kick-off and Ruud Kras made it 1-2 in the 6th. After that tornado in the opening phase it wasn't much of a spectacular game.

Coach John van den Brom only had two first team reserves to his availability, due to the fact that the first team is having some injury problems. Maarten Stekelenburg and Anthony Obodai were the only ones used. Ajax A1 player Xavier Martina was added to the squad and two players from the Ajax Saturday-1 amateurs, Pierre Tosch and Orville Blankendal, were on the bench.

The line-up: Stekelenburg; Boakye, Rusculleda (46. Martina), Moisander, Kras; Obodai, Aborah, Sahadewsing; De Mul, Sangoy, Tiberkanine.

Ajax are now three points ahead of Young Feyenoord and still have two games in hand. It looks good...

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr apr 15, 2005 4:07 pm

SPL schreef:Ajax have today given 2 year contracts to 3 youngsters Cees Keizer, Mike Timisela and Jasper Kok,last week they gave a 2 year contract to Robbie Schilder, one year to Sahadewsing and a 3 year to a Vernon Anita who is only just 16 and evidently still in theB1. I hope I have got these correct as I took them off the official site. Good to see that they are all dutch.
In addition to that: Keizer, Timisela, Kok and Schilder are currently in the A1 and will be added to Young Ajax next season. Sahadewsing is already playing for Young Ajax quite frequently and will stay there next year.

Not sure about Anita, but he's definitely too young for Young Ajax. He'll probably move on to Ajax A1 next year. The fact that they're offering him an actual deal at this tender age suggests that he must be something special...

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Young Volendam - Young Ajax: 2-1

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 19, 2005 7:56 am

We can be very short about last night's Young Ajax game...

Piss-poor performance, a 2-1 defeat (2-0 down early in the game; goal for Ajax was a free-kick by Aborah) and - strangely enough - no Tomás Galásek. He's not in the line-up and the report on Ajax.nl does say why he didn't play (yesterday they announced that he was going to).

The line-up:
Vermeer; Boakye, Kras, Schilder, Niklas Moisander; Tiberkanine, Aborah (38. Yildirim), Emanuelson; De Mul, Sangoy, Sahadewsing.

Young Feyenoord dropped two points, so Young Ajax remain tops, but this was a shit one.

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma apr 25, 2005 4:53 pm

More A1 players with contracts . Milano Koenders, Tom Kalkhuis and Javier Martina have all been given 2 year contracts.They are all 18 year olds currently in the A1 and will be in the Jong team next season. They are all dutch, which is of course good news as Ajax are now getting plenty of local youngsters through the system.

Gesloten