Young Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: Young Ajax

Bericht door Orange14 » ma mei 13, 2013 8:44 pm

surprising that they didn't score any goals with the quality of attackers in the lineup.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mei 23, 2013 7:20 pm

With the Jupiler league down to 16 news today that the clubs have approved for 2 promises ie Jong teams to come into the league next season . Ajax Twente and PSV all have said they want to and Ajax and Twente,by virtue of finishing about Jong PSV this season in the Jong league appear likely to be in the Jupiler league next season .

The clubs were concerned that Ajax have Almere as partners but the games between these 2 will be played early in the season so there will be no colusion were they to play at the end of the season. Suggestion we can only play 3 over 23's .

This has to be a good thing for Ajax in the development of their youth .

More to follow as the Dutch FA will make a final decision on 4 th June

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » vr mei 24, 2013 8:56 am

So, Jong Ajax would face tougher opponents with more quality. Yes, this should speed up the player development.

In theory, if we would play really well, would Jong Ajax be promoted to the EREDIVISIE just like any other team!?
"We're on a mission from God."

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mei 24, 2013 11:10 am

No Jong Ajax cannot be promoted.The same happens in Spain where Barca B play in their 2nd division but cannot be promoted.

If Jong do get the greenlight it will be good for the development of our youth but a pity the Dutch FA do not do more to bring through non league teams. The top non league is divided into a Saturday and Sunday league and the winners play off for the grand title. Both Katwijk and Achilles 29(from Groesbeek near Nijmegen),who won the 2 leagues ,have indicated they would be keen to go up but would still want mainly semi pros still and this seems a stumbling block .

I have read that Fox TV ,who are taking over Tv rights next season want to show Jupiler games and they have had some say in who is coming into the league !

I leave it to the Dutch lads to comment but although I would be delighted with Jong Ajax in the Jupiler league surely Dutch FA at pro level should be encouraging the like of Katwijk and Achilles and possibly might have done more to keep Apeldoorn and Veendam from going under this season.

Back to our team I wonder where they will play at it wont be the Arena and de Toekomst is possibly too small I have read Almere or even the Olympic Stadium.

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » zo mei 26, 2013 10:31 am

how silly of me. How could a team get to skip all the lower divisions straight to jupiler and get promoted. Wouldn't be fair. Besides Ajax wouldn't even benefit for having two teams up. It would be just a mess. Interesting to see how our youngster will do against jupiler teams. It will be good match experience and pritty much a straight indication of who of our youngsters is ready to step up to the first team.
"We're on a mission from God."

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » zo mei 26, 2013 1:30 pm

But could they possibly meet in the Cup?
Maybe it has already happened in the past?
O tempora o mores

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » zo mei 26, 2013 1:40 pm

orange goblin schreef:But could they possibly meet in the Cup?
They can already.
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » zo mei 26, 2013 3:27 pm

orange goblin schreef:But could they possibly meet in the Cup?
It almost happened in the final in 2002. :ajaxsmiley.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jun 04, 2013 7:28 pm

Official Jong Ajax , Twente and PSV plus Achilles 29 will be in the Juplier league next season. Katwijk declined which is a shame as I think this league should be for proper clubs and not reserve teams.

Nothing confirmed but we could be playing at Almere and PSV may play at FC Eindhoven !! We should be able to develop kids at a higher level and surely the likes of 17 year Tete and 16 year old Bazoer will play at this level which will be higher than either A1 youths or promises league. I quess to make up the numbers and the further 12 games than with the promises league a few fringe players will stay rather than be released.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » di jun 04, 2013 9:44 pm

Katwijk would have been a proper club for the Jupiler League, I'm pretty sure their quality is at least as good, perhaps better than most of the current participators in the Jupiler League.

They declined for understandable reasons. Katwijk is a very Protestant town, they don't play Football on Sundays. That's why they are in the Saturday Topklasse with plenty similar teams. This league brings good football, there are quite a lot of local derbys in the Saturday Topklasse.

Mosts of these teams play the home games in front of rather big crowds, a couple thousand spectators more than several Jupiler League teams. But this is a Saturday afternoon tradition, the teams and the fans don't prefer having the games on Friday night 8 p.m. which normally is the Jupiler League kick-off time.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » do jun 06, 2013 3:49 pm

OK. I'm a bit confused. What is the organization of Ajax from the youngest to the senior team?? All these B1, F1, A1
May the Force be with you

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » do jun 06, 2013 4:06 pm

The F1 are the youngest ones. 6 and 7 year old kids. F1 en E1 play with 8 players on smaller pitches with a smaller goal.

The D1, 10 / 11 year olds are the youngest kids who start to play with the off-side rule, on a "full field" with 11 against 11.

The A1 is the team for 17 and 18 year old talents, in fact Young Ajax is the second team. The name used to be Ajax 2. Young Ajax is a team for substitutes and for players who are nearing the end of their time in the youth academy. Ricardo van Rhijn played a lot of games for Young Ajax, so did Jasper Cillessen and Jeroen Verhoeven as they were not getting any time in the first squad for a long time. And so did Miralem Sulejmani last season.

Gesloten