Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » ma apr 11, 2005 12:39 pm

No Fear schreef:Great news! That means we're going to get some good money for him. Now just hope that Cole leaves Arsenal soon so the negotiations can begin!
Not exactly given that Arse-nal has just spent gazillions for their brand new ground.... They're kind of broke right now, but I guess the sale of Reyes, Cole and maybe Henry (I guess he'll eventually get tired of wasting his talent in such a team of losers) can fill the chest.... But will they sell those players ? I doubt it....
meh :|

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma apr 11, 2005 12:43 pm

Carcajou schreef:
No Fear schreef:Great news! That means we're going to get some good money for him. Now just hope that Cole leaves Arsenal soon so the negotiations can begin!
Not exactly given that Arse-nal has just spent gazillions for their brand new ground.... They're kind of broke right now, but I guess the sale of Reyes, Cole and maybe Henry (I guess he'll eventually get tired of wasting his talent in such a team of losers) can fill the chest.... But will they sell those players ? I doubt it....
Not exactly broke - Wenger has been allocated going on £20 million for new players in the summer.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di apr 12, 2005 7:33 am

I think Maxwell would be able to get the work permit exception to play in the UK. Over Pasenens Head is right about the 60 or 70% of games but it's also based on FIFA rankings so for example the Moldovan goalkeeper probably wouldn't get a permit even if he'd played 100% of games as that country is outside the world top 25 (or whatever the number is). There's also an "outstanding talent" type rule so for a good player like Maxwell all they would have to do is prove the quality of his play. I think the permit people also take into account the national team you play for so Brazil would only help as Maxwell would just argue the difficulty of getting into the team..................or failing that will he just "discover" a Portuguese grandparent.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 12, 2005 6:51 pm

I will continue here regards those on contracts to 2006. Trabelsi, VDV and Maxwell will certainly leave. Pienaar and De Jong will hopefully be given extensions. This leaves Obodai,who I think will go and Bouhkari and Galasek. These last 2 might be retained for another year. Galasek seems to be getting more injuries but I believe he will be here for another season.

The club will need to make decisions on the above 8 players as they are all due to finish contracts in 2006.

On the games Blind has been in charge of so far I don't give much hope of De Ridder or Lobont staying!

Just a few comments for you all to come back on with your thoughts.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Etienne Esajas

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 12, 2005 11:38 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:The ones to stay are...
(...)
- Etienne Esajas (Young Ajax, new deal until 2006)
Correction...

According to the official Vitesse webiste Esajas turned down Ajax's offer to sign a three year deal with the Arnhem club.

Don't know what to think. I've only seen Esajas play a few times and I thought he was quite good. On the other hand: you can't keep 'em all. If he wants to go, he should go.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Abubakari Yakubu

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr apr 15, 2005 9:02 am

Abubakari Yakubu has been contracted permanently by Vitesse. He signed for four years. Ajax.nl did not announce it yet, but it's on Vitesse.nl, in de Volkskrant and on VI.nl. Reported transfer fee: 750,000 euros. Not too bad, I would say. Good thing we're actually getting something for him. He wouldn't have made it back to Ajax-1 anyway, I guess.

News report to appear on Ajax USA soon!

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr apr 15, 2005 10:43 am

News report is up.

Which makes me wonder: the ANP (Dutch Press Agency) run it as news, Vitesse officially confirmed it, it's in all the quality newspapers (that were printed during the night) and it's also on VI.nl and NOS Teletekst. Meanwhile, I've already found enough time to write a news report about it for Ajax USA.

This is as official as the death of the pope and it's everywhere already - except on Ajax.nl. Why the f#ck's that? What are they waiting for? Or are they just slooooowww?

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr apr 15, 2005 2:42 pm

Slowpokes.Probably making sure there's no "Jewish Aspect" to the Yakubu sale before posting it on the official site. You know how the Bored Chairman feels.

Seriously, Ajax should be in good shape with the sale of VdV; though his latest injury is not a way to showcase him; Maxwell,Trabelsi, Yakubu's permanent sale,Obadai,any re-coup from Anastasiou,perhaps one of the keepers,etc..

I too would keep Boukhari for depth and because he can play either wing.I would tender Galasek a 1 year offer with performance bonuses.I like Tomas Galasek ,but he is starting to be injury prone.

Time to sign much more than just the Manucharyan candidate.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr apr 15, 2005 5:44 pm

A headline from an Italian paper says Juve still fancy Heitinga. I know this
is only a press story but on current form cannot see anyone buying him.

If there are no more injuries he may not even get off the bench for the rest of the season!

He seems to have gone backwards this season? If Juve were to buy him he would likely sit on their bench for a couple of years before some EPL team like Birmingham or Bolton come along.

Overall our defence has struggled this season yet 3 of them could end up in Serie A . Very strange!!

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » vr apr 15, 2005 5:49 pm

Well I think this is good news about Ratboy maybe leaving for Juve. I remember last year reading that juve's coaches were impressed with him when we played them in the C.L.

Obviously they haven't watched him recently, otherwise they would lose interest pretty quickly, but if we can get (say) €2 million for him, we'll have done very well.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za apr 16, 2005 3:01 am

I admire Heitinga's heart in overcoming injury,but with Escude' and Grygera right now our best center-back pair and with Johnny's current form, would gladly take 2 mil for him.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za apr 16, 2005 3:01 am

I admire Heitinga's heart in overcoming injury,but with Escude' and Grygera right now our best center-back pair and with Johnny's current form, would gladly take 2 mil for him.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za apr 16, 2005 1:54 pm

Also starting to see the usual rumours about DeRidder and DeJong to one english or continental outfit or another. Then I looked at the calendar. It is almost silly season,where logic takes a holiday.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za apr 16, 2005 7:09 pm

A question would we get more money for VDV, Maxwell and Trabelsi if they had 2 years left on their contracts instead of 1 ?? Does only having one year left make much difference?

Re: above post we need to give De Jong a regular position in the side rather than keep playing him in a different one each week but I do not see him leaving this summer. As for De Ridder it does appear his days are numbered as Blind does not appear to rate him and neither did Koeman. It seems strange to read that Spurs, Newcastle and Lyon all like him but he cannot get a regular place in our team.

PS mind you having made that last point I see that in the Blackburn team is Mokoena who of course was not good enough to play for us sold off to Belgium and is now in the EPL.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za apr 16, 2005 7:19 pm

Whilst my mind is on players leaving do not count on Sonck going permenantly to BMG , I know they have agreed to sign him provided they do not go down but they are only just above the bottom 3 , who go down , and are not picking up points. They have drawn at home agaist fellow strugglers Mainz and Bochum and he has only scored a couple of times.I have been keeping my eye on their results since he joined but even if they avoid the drop they may get out of their agreement unless he puts the ball in the net a few more times.

We could end up loaning him back to a Belgium club next season and paying the majority of his wages. As we are not going to get anybody to take on Sikora next season these 2 players have proved to be a disaster.

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » za apr 16, 2005 7:45 pm

SPL schreef: As for De Ridder it does appear his days are numbered as Blind does not appear to rate him and neither did Koeman. It seems strange to read that Spurs, Newcastle and Lyon all like him but he cannot get a regular place in our team.
I'd like to see him at Lyon.... I mean I would have at least one little interest for French football, like a friend of mine who is of Cambodian heritage and who
watched PSV - Lyon just for Park and Lee (and yes he knew that they are Korean :D)

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Wesley Sonck

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma apr 18, 2005 10:24 am

SPL schreef:Whilst my mind is on players leaving do not count on Sonck going permenantly to BMG , I know they have agreed to sign him provided they do not go down but they are only just above the bottom 3 , who go down , and are not picking up points. They have drawn at home agaist fellow strugglers Mainz and Bochum and he has only scored a couple of times.I have been keeping my eye on their results since he joined but even if they avoid the drop they may get out of their agreement unless he puts the ball in the net a few more times.
I don't think they can back out of the deal if they stay up. If they stay in the first Bundesliga they have to sign him permanently and send us the cash. That's a fixed deal.

But you're right: they may well go down. They are now just one point ahead of the bottom three and Dicky Advocaat has asked the board if they want him to step down (answer: no, stay where you are and do the job, you bald cloggie twat! :D ). They really are in a crisis and it looks bad for them. But again: only if they go down we'll be saddled with Sonck.

Just a thought, by the way... What if Sonck returns, looks good in training, is given a shot by Blind and starts doing the business? (I'm taking the risk of becoming the laughing stock of Ajax Talk here...)

I mean: look at our midfield, for example. It's been a nightmare all season (we didn't even seem to have a midfield in the CL...), but it's now starting to work. It seems like Danny Blind has pushed a few forgotten buttons. Is there a chance that Sonck will return and start scoring..? I mean: he's not a shit player or something. Victor Sikora - now there is one crap player for you. Sonck's failure was a combination of bad coaching (right winger???), the fact that he suddenly started wasting chances he never missed in Belgium (we're talking about easy close range finishes here) and, finally but undeniably, a few spoonfuls of bad luck. Then his self-confidence went down the toilet, he started to feel sorry for himself - and he was finished.

I say: there is a 10% chance that he will return and starts scoring. Or am I being silly?

K.
Still alive...

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Re: Wesley Sonck

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma apr 18, 2005 10:57 am

Kowalczyk schreef:
SPL schreef:Whilst my mind is on players leaving do not count on Sonck going permenantly to BMG , I know they have agreed to sign him provided they do not go down but they are only just above the bottom 3 , who go down , and are not picking up points. They have drawn at home agaist fellow strugglers Mainz and Bochum and he has only scored a couple of times.I have been keeping my eye on their results since he joined but even if they avoid the drop they may get out of their agreement unless he puts the ball in the net a few more times.
I don't think they can back out of the deal if they stay up. If they stay in the first Bundesliga they have to sign him permanently and send us the cash. That's a fixed deal.

But you're right: they may well go down. They are now just one point ahead of the bottom three and Dicky Advocaat has asked the board if they want him to step down (answer: no, stay where you are and do the job, you bald cloggie twat! :D ). They really are in a crisis and it looks bad for them. But again: only if they go down we'll be saddled with Sonck.

Just a thought, by the way... What if Sonck returns, looks good in training, is given a shot by Blind and starts doing the business? (I'm taking the risk of becoming the laughing stock of Ajax Talk here...)

I mean: look at our midfield, for example. It's been a nightmare all season (we didn't even seem to have a midfield in the CL...), but it's now starting to work. It seems like Danny Blind has pushed a few forgotten buttons. Is there a chance that Sonck will return and start scoring..? I mean: he's not a shit player or something. Victor Sikora - now there is one crap player for you. Sonck's failure was a combination of bad coaching (right winger???), the fact that he suddenly started wasting chances he never missed in Belgium (we're talking about easy close range finishes here) and, finally but undeniably, a few spoonfuls of bad luck. Then his self-confidence went down the toilet, he started to feel sorry for himself - and he was finished.

I say: there is a 10% chance that he will return and starts scoring. Or am I being silly?

K.

i don't think that is silly at all - it might be nice to see him get another shot away from koeman... he certainly was not a failure because he lacks the goods
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma apr 18, 2005 11:05 am

Kowalczyk schreef:[Just a thought, by the way... What if Sonck returns, looks good in training, is given a shot by Blind and starts doing the business? (I'm taking the risk of becoming the laughing stock of Ajax Talk here...)

K.
I don't think it's THAT ridiculous a scenario:
- He is a skilled player in my opinion
- He was badly coached by Koeman
- Playing 'in the hole' behind the main striker he can do a good job

The question would be more around his ego (he has a big one) and any bad feelings about his departure.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » ma apr 18, 2005 11:11 am

But still .....

Can he fit in Ajax system ? He's not proven he could by now, but who knows. He used to be a European Golden Boot and scored like crazy with Belgium so I think he's got the potential.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma apr 18, 2005 11:15 am

Carcajou schreef:But still .....

Can he fit in Ajax system ? He's not proven he could by now, but who knows. He used to be a European Golden Boot and scored like crazy with Belgium so I think he's got the potential.

with twin DMs (like now with de jong and maduro), i say he can fit in - i'm still not convinced that he can't learn to play #9 - he was rarely played there, actually - he is certainly not a winger, that would be a waste of his talents

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » ma apr 18, 2005 11:42 am

bluedaddy19 schreef: with twin DMs (like now with de jong and maduro), i say he can fit in - i'm still not convinced that he can't learn to play #9 - he was rarely played there, actually - he is certainly not a winger, that would be a waste of his talents
Am I the only with negative thoughts about this one? I hope BMG won't be relegated and therefore have to buy Sonck. I don't think he'll ever succeed at Ajax. He's had his shot, I don't want him back. Simple as that.

He's not a no.9 type and I can't see him ever becoming one. He's got the 4-4-2 skills but not the lonely striker skills. We've got two or three better options for the striker position in Charisteas, Babel and possibly this new youngster we bought.

I wish Sonck all the best in the future and I'm sure he'll do well as a 4-4-2 striker, but please don't take him back to Ajax.
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma apr 18, 2005 12:11 pm

jakobg schreef: Am I the only with negative thoughts about this one? I hope BMG won't be relegated and therefore have to buy Sonck. I don't think he'll ever succeed at Ajax. He's had his shot, I don't want him back. Simple as that.

He's not a no.9 type and I can't see him ever becoming one. He's got the 4-4-2 skills but not the lonely striker skills. We've got two or three better options for the striker position in Charisteas, Babel and possibly this new youngster we bought.

I wish Sonck all the best in the future and I'm sure he'll do well as a 4-4-2 striker, but please don't take him back to Ajax.

i don't prefer it either, but the reality is that it could happen - 'gladbach still have to play stuttgart, hertha, bayer and HSV... maybe it's time for everyone to say their kasey keller prayers :D

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » ma apr 18, 2005 12:52 pm

I was thinking about the players that will probably be leaving in June and I realized that :

1) We probably won't find replacements as good for the side backs (or whatever word you want to use for Maxwell and Trabelsi) we have now. I mean I was talking to friends of mine that KNOW about football and we ALL agreed on the fact that Trabelsi is one of the best RB in the world (tough, fast, good technique, offensive and physically gifted). Which means that if we want a replacement as good as he is it'll cost us big bucks....

The same goes for Mr Cabelino Andrade Maxwell. He USED to be an excellent player for us. Versatile, great game vision, good pass, excellent technique (Brazilian), young.

Of course now he has stepped down a bit, but he is still one of the best, and hence the target of some of the richest clubs in Europe.

So it basically means that we won't be as good on the sides of the defence as we are now next year :sad:

2) The value of VdV and Maxwell went down in the last few months, and it's a shame because we'll get less money for them. Danny Blind doesn't seem to trust Rafael much by the way. I just hope that the ridiculously inflated hype that surrounded him a few years ago isn't over yet...

3) Daniël de Ridder will probably leave and that is what I call wasted talent. With the injury of Rosales and the soon to be departure of VdV, I think it's good timing for Danny to give Daniël some match time before he gets too disgusted...

4) Johnny Heitinga may leave...... Well tough bananas :D ;)

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di apr 19, 2005 8:15 am

according to www.f-side.nl :

'Barça wil Maxwell en Trabelsi halen'
Roy van den Berghe | 18-04-2005 20:16:43

FC Barcelona heeft volgens verschillende Spaanse roddelpers interesse in de Ajacieden Hatem Trabelsi en Maxwell. De twee verdedigers staan hoog op het lijstje van de Catalanen, maar de voorkeur van Barcelona zou uitgaan naar Chelsea-speler William Gallas.

Maxwell lijkt deze zomer wat er ook gebeurd te gaan vertrekken, omdat Ajax de Braziliaanse linksback niet transfervrij wil laten gaan. Trabelsi is na vele conflicten met de Amsterdamse leiding toch in gesprek gegaan om zijn in 2006 aflopende contract te verlengen.

It would be a severe blow to lose both Trabelsi and Maxweel at the same time. But with our Barcelona “friends”, we share a long tradition.

Plaats reactie