Who will be the first one...?

A. Maxwell
B. Trabelsi
C. Van der Vaart

... X'C
Still alive...

Eric

Bericht door Eric » do feb 03, 2005 2:41 pm

Ow, I dunno if I would cry over Vaart's departure. At most I would shed a tear for his wasted talent, or so it seems. Or perhaps we all valued Vaart for more than he is actually worth?
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be.

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » do feb 03, 2005 2:44 pm

In a land of blinds, one-eye is King.

VdVaarts victorious heroism started when Ajax was playing its worst football. Maybe that will explain some. However, I do think he has a lot of talent and in my humble opinion he is playing better every week. Let's hope he can maintain and improve his level for a change.
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

Eric

Bericht door Eric » do feb 03, 2005 2:50 pm

Apart from hardworking in recent matches I am completely missing Vaart's added value to the team. In my opinion he has been surpassed by Sneijder already.
Admittedly also Maxwell has been performing poorly in the last month. But then again, only a daft Cow would make Maxwell (hardly known for his defensive skills and brutal tackle) play left-back instead of left on the midfield.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be.

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » do feb 03, 2005 2:58 pm

Eric schreef:Apart from hardworking in recent matches I am completely missing Vaart's added value to the team. In my opinion he has been surpassed by Sneijder already.
I totally agree, Sneijder is THE MAN! VDV has just faded in the past 2 years. Martin Jol will take VDV away from us unless we can sell Man U on him.

Arsenal will take Trabelsi, they need all of the defensive help that they can get, even though he is a more offensive defender.

We had better sell Maxwell to Chelsea, they have real money instead of imaginary money that Juve, Milan or Inter have.

Marillion
Site Admin

Bericht door Marillion » do feb 03, 2005 3:08 pm

Good to see that the english section allready has so many new visitors ;)

I hope that they will all stay for one more year because I still think that these players can help Ajax get back to the top or at least bring us a respectable CL performance.

Looking at the contracts of these players I think that Maxwell will be the first to leave. He signed an improved contract recently but he didn't add an extra year. Ajax can't affort to let players like him walk away for free so unless he agrees to a new and longer contract he will have to leave. I also think that Maxwell might need a new challenge because his performance this year has been bad. The only question is: Will clubs like Juventus want to sign a player who has had such a bad year?

For Trabelsi the situation is different. He wanted to leave Ajax for Arsenal at the start of the season but, now that Arsenal have signed other players for his position it is questionable if there will be a good club who wants to sign him. I think that his attitude during the incident with Ajax didn't help him. I am not sure if clubs would like to sign a player who has had difficulties about his contract like Hatem.

And finally Van der Vaart. He also has one year left on his contract, doesn't he? If that is the case he has two options: Sign a new contract or leave. Because he didn't perform very well in the last period I think that big clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid won't be standing in line for him. I think Rafael only wants to go to a big club like that so maybe he will sign a new contract. That way he can try to perform good for Ajax for one extra year and then earn a transfer to Barcelona.

Eric

Bericht door Eric » do feb 03, 2005 3:10 pm

cdnajaxfan schreef:
Eric schreef:Apart from hardworking in recent matches I am completely missing Vaart's added value to the team. In my opinion he has been surpassed by Sneijder already.
I totally agree, Sneijder is THE MAN! VDV has just faded in the past 2 years. Martin Jol will take VDV away from us unless we can sell Man U on him.

Arsenal will take Trabelsi, they need all of the defensive help that they can get, even though he is a more offensive defender.

We had better sell Maxwell to Chelsea, they have real money instead of imaginary money that Juve, Milan or Inter have.
I think Maxwell will have great difficulty getting a working permit in the UK. Maybe one of our UK visitors can enlighten us about the specific requirements, cos we are just guessing and at best base our knowledge on soccer management games like CM of Football Manager when it comes to workingperms :D

Marijn

Bericht door Marijn » do feb 03, 2005 6:31 pm

Marillion schreef:Looking at the contracts of these players I think that Maxwell will be the first to leave. He signed an improved contract recently but he didn't add an extra year. Ajax can't affort to let players like him walk away for free so unless he agrees to a new and longer contract he will have to leave.
I'm guessing, and hoping, that Ajax and Maxwell have made some sort of gentlemens-agreement, stating that Maxwell will leave Ajax next summer. Ajax did something like that with Van der Vaart, I think one year ago. They agreed on the departure of Van der Vaart in that following summer(?). I'm not pretty sure about these conditions.
This might explain what's there to win for Ajax when offering a higher salary, but no extendend stay of the player.
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist."
-The Usual Suspects

Blind3
Contacteer:

Players Leaving Ajax

Bericht door Blind3 » do feb 03, 2005 7:21 pm

Sorry for replying to topic and not post..I couldn't get my language changed to english..till now. As to the question, Maxwell leaves first. Trabelsi second. Raffie about 5th if his game stays in the toilet.

astabooty
Contacteer:

Bericht door astabooty » vr feb 04, 2005 1:09 am

Eric schreef:I think Maxwell will have great difficulty getting a working permit in the UK. Maybe one of our UK visitors can enlighten us about the specific requirements, cos we are just guessing and at best base our knowledge on soccer management games like CM of Football Manager when it comes to workingperms :D
I think he has a 50/50 shot at a permit. I believe he has had a few call ups from the NT, but not nearly enough to meet the 75% requirement. However, quality and potential can earn a work permit. If they think Maxwell is a good enough player and it is shown that he is the next likely LB for Brazil (which is likely), then he may get one.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » vr feb 04, 2005 3:46 am

vdv is a strange one...everytime I start to think ajax should sell him, he does something in the game thats amazing (although much less than before). if vdv was to go, then ajax can use sneijder to his full potential as these 2 get in each others way each week.

having said that, I think Maxwell will be the first to go. who knows maybe sneijder will be the one to depart and ajax will need to hang on to vdv.

Timbers107

Bericht door Timbers107 » vr feb 04, 2005 4:27 am

I can't find the specific link to the article, but I read last week that Chelsea is making a 4.5 million GBP offer for Maxwell.

Timbers107

Bericht door Timbers107 » vr feb 04, 2005 4:35 pm

Regarding the Chelsea/Maxwell link...

There was a heavy rumor that Mourinho and other Chelsea suits/agents had illegally met with Arsenal's Ashley Cole last week. The stories originally came from a tabloid, however, so nobody really took it seriously. But today Mourinho is making comments that sound more and more likely that the meeting might have happened, and that he's going to make a move for Cole. Let's just say he's not denying that he met/talked with Cole about a move. So, given that both Cole and Maxwell play left back, and the unliklihood Chelsea would sign them both to play left back, my guess is that the Maxwell to Chelsea move is probably a little less likely to happen now.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr feb 04, 2005 8:00 pm

Just to confirm that Arsenal have signed another right back Eboue aand have ayoung english lad Hoyte and still have Lauren so Trabesli wont go to Arsenal ,likely to go to Italy.

I also think that Maxwell will end up in Italy, Chelsea are to sign a left back and I believe Cole is top of their list. He does not earn a fortune and must be tempted if Chelsea come calling.

As for Raffie I do not think he will get a really big club but may have to settle for Spurs or Liverpool

Dr. Living Stoned
Founding Father

Bericht door Dr. Living Stoned » za feb 05, 2005 1:21 pm

isn't there a deal with Arsenal for Troublesknee? They would buy if he played to show them his fitness.
I'M NOT A COMPLETE IDIOT!
...some parts are missing

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za feb 05, 2005 2:43 pm

In response to the last post I do not think Arsenal have any agreement with Trabelsi. Lauren ,their regular rightback ,was possibly leaving as his contract was up this summer but he has now signed a new contract and as I said yesterday they have 2 other right backs.I do not think Trabelsi will go there.

One observation on Arsenal ,if they lose Cole to Chelsea they might consider Maxwell as a replacement !

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do feb 10, 2005 10:56 pm

Just thinking about the squad and how many could leave at the end of the season whether we are in Champions League or UEFA Cup.

Trabelsi, Maxwell and Van der Vaart are almost certain , but

Anastasiou and certainly one of the goalies (which one is for a seperate debate) will go and Obodai and Boukhari are both out of favour and are likely to go. they have contracts to 2006.

Finally, the most painful to possibly see go, JOB unless he can remain fit for the rest of the season and De Ridder, who Koeman does not seem to rate , will not want to spend another season sitting on the bench.

Decisions will also need to be made on 3 senior reserves ie Lindgren De Mul and Maduro as they cannot stay in the reserves for another season but will need some first team football and not just bench warming. (In my opinion these 3 should have been loaned out last month to other Dutch teams as they all need first team footy now.)

We could see some rebuilding of the squad!

PS:
We will even see 2 of our long term loans go,as Ikedia and Van der Gun finally after 3 years of loan will be out of contract. Also Yakubu and Sikora will not be back ,they still have contracts to 2006.

I think I have finished now!!

WP_Legend

Bericht door WP_Legend » vr feb 11, 2005 12:01 am

well let's hope to see all of those players leave, ajax needs a new impulse... the current group of players is just to complacent. we need 4 or 5 new players.

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » vr feb 11, 2005 2:54 am

Most Ajax fans have already forgotten about JOB. The Trabelsi-Rosales combo is one of the few things that work in the present excuse for a team. It will be much harder to replace Hatem.
SPL schreef:Finally, the most painful to possibly see go, JOB
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 11, 2005 8:07 am

SPL schreef:We could see some rebuilding of the squad!
That would have been a worrying and unpleasant prospect had this season been a great one. But we really are going nowhere, so I am very much open to changes. I wouldn't want it any other way, to be honest. We'll see who will go. Doesn't frighten me.

K.
Still alive...

Dr. Living Stoned
Founding Father

Bericht door Dr. Living Stoned » vr feb 11, 2005 9:33 am

We can discuss which players should or could leave but I don't believe any real rebuilding will be worthwhile under the reign of Koeman. If he gets world class players he and his counter football style will turn them into a bunch of losers. We've seen it this year, from the most talented team to the current mix of poor & sloppy. The guy on the bench should leave too..

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » vr feb 11, 2005 9:38 am

Kowalczyk schreef:
SPL schreef:We could see some rebuilding of the squad!
That would have been a worrying and unpleasant prospect had this season been a great one. But we really are going nowhere, so I am very much open to changes. K.
You are right of course, except for one problem. It seems that Koeman will be the one who is in charge of the rebuilding. It would be best for Ajax if the rebuilding starts after Koeman leaves..
I think I lost my fucking headache

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 11, 2005 11:20 am

Lucas schreef:You are right of course, except for one problem. It seems that Koeman will be the one who is in charge of the rebuilding. It would be best for Ajax if the rebuilding starts after Koeman leaves..
I am sure that this is Koeman's last season. The board will probably not fire him during the season (unless it goes very badly wrong at NAC and in the UEFA Cup), but he will surely move on in the summer, either because the board tells him to, or because he decides is himself.

Koeman knows that this Ajax team is going downhill. There is no development and he knows it's time to go. And we can start re-building in the summer (finding a new head-coach will be part of the re-building process, actually).

K.
Still alive...

Dr. Living Stoned
Founding Father

Bericht door Dr. Living Stoned » vr feb 11, 2005 11:46 am

I hope you are right. :eusa_pray:

cdnajaxfan

Yakubu wants out

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » vr feb 11, 2005 5:33 pm

Yakubu wants a permenent move to Vitesse apparently according to skysports.com: