Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: Players Leaving Ajax

Bericht door Orange14 » wo feb 03, 2021 9:48 pm

Ayman schreef:
wo feb 03, 2021 8:28 pm
To make matters worse, Haller is unavailable for the Europa league.
Is this certain? I read that it could be the fault of Ajax, the Dutch FA or UEFA. I find it hard to believe that Ajax would screw something like this up.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo feb 03, 2021 10:44 pm

Orange14 schreef:
wo feb 03, 2021 9:48 pm
Ayman schreef:
wo feb 03, 2021 8:28 pm
To make matters worse, Haller is unavailable for the Europa league.
Is this certain? I read that it could be the fault of Ajax, the Dutch FA or UEFA. I find it hard to believe that Ajax would screw something like this up.
Still being investigated apparently. Deadline was midnight CET on Tuesday 2nd February.

He doesn't show up in the squad list ATM for the game against Lille - https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/m ... s/?iv=true . However Idrissi does show up.

I'm seriously hoping that this is a bad dream and someone missed an email at UEFA and it can now be fixed.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo feb 03, 2021 11:31 pm

Maybe Haller could change his name to Klaas Jan Huntelaar in time for the match. Or Brian Brobbey.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do feb 04, 2021 1:57 pm

Ajax have confirmed they made the mistake.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do feb 04, 2021 5:59 pm

SPL schreef:
do feb 04, 2021 1:57 pm
Ajax have confirmed they made the mistake.
Maybe he can wear a Brobbey face mask and show up to the game? :blush.gif:

Apparently from what I gather, he was on the list which was submitted, but apparently some box wasn't checked for Haller.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za feb 06, 2021 8:25 pm

Bande is off on loan again ,about to sign for Istra in Croatia until June. His contract runs to June 2023 and at some stage we will have to pay him off.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za feb 06, 2021 10:00 pm

SPL schreef:
za feb 06, 2021 8:25 pm
Bande is off on loan again ,about to sign for Istra in Croatia until June. His contract runs to June 2023 and at some stage we will have to pay him off.
It's so weird how Ajax either strikes it rich with transfers (Neres, Antony and maybe some others) or utterly fails. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground. :confused.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di feb 09, 2021 8:31 pm

Bande officially to Istra but until June 2022 with an option to buy. Hope he gets some luck although stuck in remote Croatia where he wont know the language I predict his loan will finish this summer.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo feb 24, 2021 2:42 pm

Promes to Spartak Moscow seem confirmed 8.5m rising to 11m with add ons and he signs a 3.5 year contract.

Cost over 15m but this is still a decent amount with add ons.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo feb 24, 2021 2:45 pm

Wishing Quincy Promes the best of luck

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » wo feb 24, 2021 5:15 pm

good riddance. should alleviate the payroll as well. wish him good luck still

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo feb 24, 2021 7:21 pm

Sad to see Promes leave, but Ziyech moving last summer and the knife incident have really robbed him of assists and his focus.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mar 12, 2021 12:34 pm

So Brobbey has signed for Leipzig.This is down to Raiola,who will make a lot more money from the signing than he would have got from Ajax had Brobbey stayed.

A great shame as he has hugh potential. I think we should now put Traore on as sub and Brobbey should not wear our shirt again.

As for Raiola well he still has Gravenberch here but that contract runs to 2023 and if Ryan wants another year here he must sign a new contract for another season so we get the maximum transfer fee ie. sell with 2 years contract.

I dont see Raiola playing ball and I would sell Gravenberch this summer and make it clear we will not deal with Raiola again.

If any of the kids from 2004 and 2005 years have Raiola let them go and any first teamer taking up with him sell asap.

He has screwed us so many times we must now say enough.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr mar 12, 2021 2:25 pm

This sucks big time. Raiola has pulled wool over our eyes once again.

With Haller being unavailable in the UEL, I'm actually ok with how we're using Brobbey currently.

I agree that we should ask Gravenberch to extend this summer. If he doesn't by X date in the summer, then we sell him. Keep it simple. Raiola thrives on confusion and noise.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » za mar 13, 2021 2:12 pm

SPL schreef:
vr mar 12, 2021 12:34 pm
I think we should now put Traore on as sub and Brobbey should not wear our shirt again.
I actually disagree (for a change :wink.gif:) on this.
Brobbey seems super sharp, and makes critical plays virtually every game when he comes on.
He's playing better than Traore, who isn't match fit.

It's a bitter pill that he's gone on a free after the whole soap opera, but it is what it is, and let's be honest, we poach from smaller Dutch and Scandinavian clubs.

I say; be pragmatic and play the best player, and win the Europa League (if possible)...
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za mar 13, 2021 3:10 pm

If Raiola could have made more money by having Brobbey sign a new deal and getting sold by Ajax. That shows he cares more about hurting Ajax than making money. He is power hungry, he was raised in the Netherlands, he was always into football. Ajax is the type of club you either love or hate. The latter applies to him. As for Brobbey, lets make the most of him while we can in the Europa League, he is a super sub.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » zo mar 14, 2021 1:02 pm

I wonder how JKH is feeling about going back to Shalke in December....

(Not being a wise guy, I realise he did it with the best intentions°
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo mar 14, 2021 2:00 pm

Huntelaar was injured in training and I don't think he has even made it on to a game day roster for Schalke. It appears that club is certain for relegation.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mar 14, 2021 2:32 pm

Regards comments above from MP and Ayman I have now come round to agreeing we keep playing Brobbey.He is very effective coming on as sub especially with Haller not available in Europe .

On KJH very sad think he made one brief sub appearance.Schalke tailed off last.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 27, 2021 12:31 pm

Already some players will leave . Of our main core of players Tagliafico will be sold and they will try and sell Neres for the right price also Onana.Dont expect any more core starters to leave.

Its the back up subs that look like going . Brobbey is sadly leaving but 6 others can go.Scherpen is going on loan and Labyad has said he is leaving.Idrissi goes back to Sevilla. The remaining 3 regular subs also have no future ie Klaiber,Ekkelenkamp and probably Traore although like Scherpen he may get loaned out and not written off.

With only Taylor and maybe Q.Timber ready for promotion from Young Ajax we will need to spend a bit of cash this summer on new faces.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di apr 27, 2021 12:50 pm

Traore looks like he gained about 15 kg while out injured. I wonder if Danilo becomes the second choice striker when he comes back from loan. Perie has also been playing well and it will be interesting to see what happens with him.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 27, 2021 12:59 pm

Pierie,Danilo,Eiting,Jensen and Magallan all have loans finishing. Pierie is expected to stay on loan at Twente and Jensen too will likely stay on loan. Eiting will get sold and Magallan too will be loaned if not sold.

That leaves Danilo who has done ok at Twente and I wonder if we do give him a season as No 2 striker.
Laatst gewijzigd door SPL op di apr 27, 2021 2:23 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 27, 2021 2:20 pm

Meant to say of the players I listed above Labyad,Traore and Ekkelenkamp all have contracts expiring in 2022 so its sell now or extend.

Of the 5 loan players Eiting and Danilo also have contracts to 2022 so its sell or extend. Not read of any talk yet of any of these players getting extensions.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 05, 2021 11:57 am

Quinten Timber is leaving for free to Utrecht.Ajax offered him a new contract back at the start of the season but he got a lengthy injury.He does play RB, but also MF and even wide attack. He is 20 next month and has opted to develop at Utrecht where he will get playing time.

He and Brobbey should have been signed up by us last summer as both would be squad players next season.We now have to buy a replacement for Brobbey and QT is probably as a RB already as good as the limited Klaiber.

PS another big mistake Noa Lang ,we get 6m ,Brugge selling for 20m .We now need to buy another wde man,whereas Lang could have just returned for nothing.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » wo mei 05, 2021 1:31 pm

SPL schreef:
wo mei 05, 2021 11:57 am
Quinten Timber is leaving for free to Utrecht.Ajax offered him a new contract back at the start of the season but he got a lengthy injury.He does play RB, but also MF and even wide attack. He is 20 next month and has opted to develop at Utrecht where he will get playing time.

He and Brobbey should have been signed up by us last summer as both would be squad players next season.We now have to buy a replacement for Brobbey and QT is probably as a RB already as good as the limited Klaiber.

PS another big mistake Noa Lang ,we get 6m ,Brugge selling for 20m .We now need to buy another wde man,whereas Lang could have just returned for nothing.
Hopefully we signed the "good" Timber, like we did with the Arveladze brothers in the past.

As for Noa Lang, you can't win em all.

Stiff competition for every position in the Ajax squad. But I have full confidence in Ten Hag and Overmars.

Plaats reactie