Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » zo mei 08, 2005 11:21 pm

I've had enough of the spoiled brats... I want players to realize that Ajax is doing them a favor. If they want to leave, then so be it, they can go to hell.[/b]
meh :|

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mei 08, 2005 11:35 pm

I agree that VDV should piss off. As for Nigel, as much as he may love the club I believe Ko said that the club have made him an offer of a contract on less money than most other first teamers.

I do not blame Nigel for holding out for more.

As for his positions, he seems to have found his best role but lets face it if it were not for injuries he would not have had this run in midfield but would have spent the last 3/4 games playing left back.

Koeman has pissed this kid about and now they want to pay him peanuts.

Do the people who run this club want this guy or not???

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mei 09, 2005 6:52 am

Over Pasanens Head schreef:We know which one the club selected but now the men in grey suits must be feeling really stupid (again)
Yeah - they chose for the wrong f#cking guy, that's for sure. And the sad thing is: they must be feeling stupid, but I can guarantee you that they're not. That's the worst thing.
SPL schreef:Koeman has pissed this kid about and now they want to pay him peanuts. Do the people who run this club want this guy or not???
Hear, hear!

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mei 09, 2005 7:04 am

By the way: Borussia Mönchengladbach are now safe. The Sonck transfer is official!

K.
Still alive...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » ma mei 09, 2005 7:51 am

Kowalczyk schreef:By the way: Borussia Mönchengladbach are now safe. The Sonck transfer is official!

K.
Good news come "en masse"!

First second spot cleared and now Sonck out for good!

:bis:
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma mei 09, 2005 10:59 am

Van der Vaart will mostlikely move, I'm guessing 14m euros.
I'm sure some desperate club will buy Maxwell despite being injured for the next 7 months, Real Madrid did buy Woodgate :yes:
As for Trabelsi, screw him, he's been very annoying just like the Ajax managment and should leave to Arsenal.
De Jong will stay and settle sooner or later, as Blind is using him a lot, and remember, he's still an ambasaduer of an Ajax Kids club :eusa_dance:
De Ridder is going on loan next season.

Ajax should invest in latin american youth, or keep their homegrown talent...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mei 09, 2005 10:59 am

A good weekend we finish 2nd and CL and BMG are safe and will buy Sonck.

Perhaps with this money the board may like to offer Nigel De Jong a decent contract !!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mei 09, 2005 11:10 am

ZoefdeHaas schreef: Van der Vaart will mostlikely move, I'm guessing 14m euros.
Didn't you forget to put a dot between the 1 and the 4...?

K.
Still alive...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » ma mei 09, 2005 1:49 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef: I'm sure some desperate club will buy Maxwell despite being injured for the next 7 months, Real Madrid did buy Woodgate :yes:

I think we'll have more offerts now. When player is injured his price is less then before/after injury. But it is risk, because nobody knows how will he play after that kind of injury...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma mei 09, 2005 2:26 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:

K.
I think it would be wonderful if the club got half that much for him!

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » ma mei 09, 2005 2:36 pm

Come on guys! I think we will get for him something about 10 mln euro for sure (without dot between 1 and 0, Ko :D ). He is (or 'was'?) worth that price.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma mei 09, 2005 2:47 pm

AsgAarD_xxx schreef:Come on guys! I think we will get for him something about 10 mln euro for sure (without dot between 1 and 0, Ko :D ). He is (or 'was'?) worth that price.
That would be nice but I'm not holding my breath, particularly after seeing how the club dealt with Zlatan's departure. And Zlatan was playing well. VdV hasn't done anything of note this season. He's publicly said he wants to leave, meaning clubs know that they can give low bids for him.

So I would be very happily surprised if we got 10 mil for him. Better yet if the fee wasn't paid in part with monopoly money or hamburger meat, which rules out Barca and most Italian clubs.

It would be nice to be on the giving end every once in a while...

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma mei 09, 2005 2:50 pm

aveslacker schreef:
AsgAarD_xxx schreef:Come on guys! I think we will get for him something about 10 mln euro for sure (without dot between 1 and 0, Ko :D ). He is (or 'was'?) worth that price.
That would be nice but I'm not holding my breath, particularly after seeing how the club dealt with Zlatan's departure. And Zlatan was playing well. VdV hasn't done anything of note this season. He's publicly said he wants to leave, meaning clubs know that they can give low bids for him.

So I would be very happily surprised if we got 10 mil for him. Better yet if the fee wasn't paid in part with monopoly money or hamburger meat, which rules out Barca and most Italian clubs.

It would be nice to be on the giving end every once in a while...
It depends on the stupidity of the club buying him....

Exhibit A: Andy vd Meyde

;) ;) ;)
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » ma mei 09, 2005 3:18 pm

If he wants to leave Ajax, we must to find any 'stupid' club :D . I still believe (say nothing of his, hmm not the best season), that the price will be over 10 mln (but, as far as I know our directors, it will probably be payed for few months).

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma mei 09, 2005 4:47 pm

The guy on present form isn't worth a cent, but on how he used to play and if a team want to take a large risk on him regaining that form I reckon we might just get to 6 million euros and then only if he goes to Spain. Inter were interested but have now cooled, with their big target now being our ex captain corageous, Chivu. The problem is that the Inter fans cannot decide if he is tall enough for one of the cenral defenders position or alternatively left back. What a laugh :D
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mei 09, 2005 6:26 pm

Watching Ajax on Eurosport, when De Jong's goal went in the commentator said he is interesting alot of Premiership clubs but would prefer to go Italy.

The commentator is Tim Caple who does all the dutch games for Channel 5, has anybody heard of this??

wimpey

Bericht door wimpey » ma mei 09, 2005 6:45 pm

aveslacker schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:

K.
I think it would be wonderful if the club got half that much for him!
Dunno, .7's too small an amount for our former boy-wonder. ;)

cdnajaxfan

VDV to Hamburg?

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » ma mei 09, 2005 7:54 pm

According to Skysports.com, VdV and his agent had talks with Bundesliga outfit Hamburg SV. Here is the link:

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/lis ... el=Holland

Sounds like a stupid club to me, those Bundesliga teams do some dumb manuvers, just ask Monchengladbach (ie. Sonck) and Dortmund (ie. Major Debt)! Only problem is that I don't think that they are the richest German club by any stretch of the imagination. Speaking of imagination, those who thought that we could get 14-10 million Euros for VdV, KEEP DREAMING! Maybe we could have about 3 years ago but never now!

carcajou

Re: VDV to Hamburg?

Bericht door carcajou » ma mei 09, 2005 8:00 pm

cdnajaxfan schreef:According to Skysports.com, VdV and his agent had talks with Bundesliga outfit Hamburg SV. Here is the link:

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/lis ... el=Holland

Sounds like a stupid club to me, those Bundesliga teams do some dumb manuvers, just ask Monchengladbach (ie. Sonck) and Dortmund (ie. Major Debt)! Only problem is that I don't think that they are the richest German club by any stretch of the imagination. Speaking of imagination, those who thought that we could get 14-10 million Euros for VdV, KEEP DREAMING! Maybe we could have about 3 years ago but never now!
Hamburg !!! AHHHAHHAHHAAHHAHH.... Man.....
meh :|

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mei 09, 2005 11:43 pm

On VDV he might like to go to Barca but I feel on the form of the last 2 seasons,well lack of form, I think he will have to settle for a club like Hamburg or Spurs,who seem to want every dutch player we have got but do not have any money.He is going to have to go to another country and try his luck and hope he can regain the form of 3 years ago in order to hope for a move to a really top team.

I would be surprised if anyone would pay more than 7M euros as he only has a year left on his contract..

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » di mei 10, 2005 9:27 am

Press reports this morning say that € 4 million is the asking price.

VdV, together with Silvie and Soren had a nice meal at HSV and Rafael was impressed by the team spirit.

I think a move to Spurs makes the most sense, because it is a club that doesn't expect much, and their fans are happy just being in the Premiership as long as they are watching pretty football. Perfect for an under-acheiver like VdV.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mei 10, 2005 10:22 am

Journalist: "Hamburg, Spurs... Those are not exactly the top clubs we once expected him to move to, are they?"

VDV's agent, Søren Lerby (grumpy): "I am not going to comment on that one. Just draw the conclusion you want to draw, I'd say. Whatever."

Kind of sad...

By the way: if only we'd sold him last season (for a better fee) and held on to Zlatan for another season... We once again chose for the wrong guy. And now he's pissing off after all (as we expected).

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di mei 10, 2005 11:23 am

Hey some clubs actually do buy players for a lot. Think about Real and Woodgate, he was in ppor xcondition and they still bought him for quite a lot, yes they may be rich but so are Bayern, Inter, and other clubs that are supposedly intrested in VdV. As for Hamburg, might as well go to De Graafschap.

Frans

Bericht door Frans » di mei 10, 2005 11:29 am

Kowalczyk schreef: By the way: if only we'd sold him last season (for a better fee) and held on to Zlatan for another season... We once again chose for the wrong guy. And now he's pissing off after all (as we expected).
K.
Well, Zlatan would be leaving this summer if he was still at Ajax, so what difference does it make? Neither of the two were ever going to stay beyond this season anyway.

Sure, I agree that Zlatan would have been a better choice to stay than VDV, but I don't think it would have made much difference to the team's performance this season. And if we'd sold VDV for the 'better fee' you claim, and kept Zlatan, we probably wouldn't get as much for him this summer. (due to a combination of less time left on contract, the ineptitude of the board, and the fact that noone was going to look good at Ajax this year)

One final thought: If VDV had left, and Zlatan stayed, the team may have just done well enough to keep Koeman in a job, and then we'd be screwed for next season as well. We should at least thank Raffie for that.

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » di mei 10, 2005 11:59 am

Frans schreef: Sure, I agree that Zlatan would have been a better choice to stay than VDV, but I don't think it would have made much difference to the team's performance this season.
I don't agree. I have said this a hundred times now: I think we would have been way better with Zlatan in the team.
Frans schreef:And if we'd sold VDV for the 'better fee' you claim, and kept Zlatan, we probably wouldn't get as much for him this summer. (due to a combination of less time left on contract, the ineptitude of the board, and the fact that noone was going to look good at Ajax this year)
Can't agree here either. I'm sure we'd get much more money for Zlatan now than we will get for Van der Vaart. No doubt.
Frans schreef: One final thought: If VDV had left, and Zlatan stayed, the team may have just done well enough to keep Koeman in a job, and then we'd be screwed for next season as well. We should at least thank Raffie for that.
On this one I'm with you. At least we can build on something new now, instead of having another crappy season ahead of us. And we won't be wasting our money on any other 'Koeman: I-love-this-crappy-footballer, Let's-buy-him-now!" decisions.
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Plaats reactie