Tickets to Ajax Games

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

jamcocteau

Re: Tickets to Ajax Games

Bericht door jamcocteau » ma sep 24, 2012 7:36 pm

Well thought might just make one of my occasional posts. This is to do with Champions League tickets and prices charged by the Ajax board. Today was free sale of individual Champion league tickets. People without clubcards could now go and buy up to 9 tickets per game. So much for security etc just give us the money. Thousands of tickets remain unsold - tickets available in every section by the bucket load.

And why has this situation arose - because the beloved board has decided to screw large sections of the Ajax season ticket holder base by charging ridiculously high prices. I sit in VAK 422 and for a 3 match package the board wanted me to pay Eur 240 for 3 games of football - I mean come on. What planets do these guys live on. Worst recession in god knows how many decades and they are asking me for nearly Eur 80 per game. I dont know one person in VAK 422 who sits round about me who has taken up the option to buy their own seat. You would have thought the board would have learned from previous seasons.

Celtic this year had a flat rate package of GBP 89 for all 3 games for every season ticket holder irrespective of where they sat, a club for one thinking of their fans. They realised its better to get a full stadium of real Celtic fans instead of getting money from the big game hunters.

I honestly do hope their is huge gaps in the crowd to send a clear message to the board but their won't be. The Madrid game will appeal to big game hunters who will come because we are playing Madrid, the kind of person who actually thinks the Champions League is a good tournament and believes the marketing hype that goes with it. Dortmund and Man City fans will buy up tickets for the Ajax section in droves, esp Man City fans.

Anyway rant over - Ajax just another money grabbing football club.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di sep 25, 2012 9:29 am

That is ridiculously expensive. I looked into tickets to Dortmund–Ajax in the Dortmund section since I'm nearby, and they seemed to be charging €40–50 which is in line with a ticket to a Bundesliga game. However, don't tickets to Premier League games in England run close to £100?

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » wo sep 26, 2012 9:10 am

Is anyone going to the City - Ajax game in manchester? a friend of my dad has season tickets with his sons, and is eligible to 2 tickets per season ticket. so i am able to go... just curious if anyone was going be there

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jun 13, 2013 8:46 pm

fixtures out and I was hoping to make August but Roda on friday 2nd August is not a great weekend for me but the only other home game in August is Fword. I assume trying to get a ticket for this game is not going to be easy! I do not have a club card .

I have been told that getting tickets for most games if you are a non club card holder from Uk is easy except PSV and Fword !

Advice please.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » do jun 13, 2013 9:27 pm

Several Ajaxtalk members who are season ticket holders will still be abroad for vacation during this game. There will be a presale for about 11.000 tickets but a clubcard is required. There is still plenty of time to apply at the official Ajax website and get a clubcard:
http://www.ajax.nl/Tickets-Support/Seiz ... b-Card.htm

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » vr jun 14, 2013 9:36 am

About 2 years ago, i phoned the ground to apply for a club card, i was informed that i would need to send my actual passport to them in order to receive a club card. needless to say, there was no way i was doing that, so ended up just getting one when i went over.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » vr jun 14, 2013 11:02 am

When I got mine I was able to submit a scan of my passport by email. You just need to be able to make a direct deposit into their bank account in Euros but they provide you with the appropriate details etc. when you apply.

SPL, I'm always keen for a trip to Amsterdam for a game so maybe if some forum members are going I could join you?

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » vr jun 14, 2013 11:03 am

Meanwhile they become a bit more modern... Forum member Tom_ (lives in Germany, born and raised in Australia) succesfully applied for a clubcard last season.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » vr jun 14, 2013 11:06 am

Tom_ schreef:SPL, I'm always keen for a trip to Amsterdam for a game so maybe if some forum members are going I could join you?
A Klassieker against feyemoord is always a good reason for an Ajaxtalk forum members meeting! :bier.gif: :alc.gif:

I'm surprised none of you is interested in this fantastic reunion. Sjaak Swart, Marco van Basten, Johan Cruijff, Jari Litmanen, Frank de Boer, Ronald de Boer and Edwin van der Sar together on the pitch! :biggthumpup.gif: :ajax.gif:

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » ma mei 02, 2016 7:52 pm

Two quick questions for current/former Seizoenkaart owners:
  • how many games do you have to go to before it's "worth it" (cost of season ticket is equivalent to cost of individual tickets)
  • are CL/EL home games included in the price?
Thanks!

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » di mei 03, 2016 12:36 am

Tom_ schreef:Two quick questions for current/former Seizoenkaart owners:
  • how many games do you have to go to before it's "worth it" (cost of season ticket is equivalent to cost of individual tickets)
  • are CL/EL home games included in the price?
Thanks!
Question nr 1. Depends on the price category of your season ticket. I think if you manage to get one in the cheaper sections, with 10 or 11 visits out of the 17 Eredivisie home games you will get a pretty good deal. And in these transparant times in 2016, where you can get in contact with the rest of the world within one or two mouseclicks, it is always a good deal to own 2 or 4 Ajax season tickets.

As Leicester City has just won the Premier League, big surprises are now normal in football so upcoming season Ajax will win the Champions League. Be there when it happens! :icon_wink.gif:

Question nr 2. No, I know that Arsenal has the CL/EL home games included but their season tickets have the highest price in the Premier League, some of them are over 2.000 British Pounds (!!) That's a bit of a better deal when they reach at least the semi final and a terrible deal when they play a shit season in Europe.

As the lowest prices of Ajax season tickets are 223 euros, CL matches will not be included. But for every match in Europe or in the KNVB Beker you will get the first pick on your own seats and also a discount on the ticket prices for these matches.
Cruijff schreef:Depends on the price category of your season ticket. I think if you manage to get one in the cheaper sections, with 10 or 11 visits out of 17 you will get a pretty good deal.
Cruijff schreef:in these transparant times in 2016, where you can get in contact with the rest of the world within one or two mouseclicks, it is always a good deal to have 2 or 4 Ajax season tickets.
The season ticket will be shipped to your home and your name (or company name) will be on it, but it is not 'strictly personal'. You can borrow it to another person, ship it via Ebay, lease or 'timeshare' your season tickets. In these times that you can communicate online via Ajax forums or that you can sell your ticket for one game at Viagogo, I believe forum member King Litti used that website for Ajax-FC Utrecht, you'll be off pretty good with your own season ticket. :biggthumpup.gif:

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo mei 04, 2016 10:45 am

Cool, thanks the info Cruijff!

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » wo mei 04, 2016 11:07 am

Where will you live next year, Tom? Still in France?

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo mei 04, 2016 11:49 am

Not sure yet ;)

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jun 14, 2016 12:46 pm

Will post here rather than a new thread .Fixtures out but we have 9 homes before Christmas and 7 are on Saturdays, 2 on Sundays. Of the 6 x CL/EC weeks we are listed to play on the Saturdays before and alas 5 out of 6 games are home. If we end up in the Europa Cup again most of these 6 fixtures will be put forward to the Sunday.

I do intend to come over Sept or Oct with my wife and would prefer a Sunday game and 2nd Oct v Utrecht is the only one.Maybe Zwolle on 24 th Sept . ( She is quite happy to wander round Amsterdam on a Sunday afternoon but doesn't want to be stuck on her own on a Saturday evening.She says she would then have to come to football!!)

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do okt 13, 2016 7:28 pm

Thinking of coming for the Celta Vigo game .
Q1.I note you can buy a ticket without a club card but what is the best and easiest way to get a ticket for the game .?

Q2.Do they expect a sell out for the game ?

Q3. Whats the quickest way to get a club card . I assume I can go along the day before and just get one at the ground.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » vr okt 14, 2016 10:18 am

Hi SPL, I'm sure Cruijff will answer soon and he knows better than me. But in the meantime, you can ring Ajax Club Cards number with your CC details and they will post a card to you in the U.K. That's how I got mine when I was living in Germany. They were very friendly and of course spoke English. I think i just had to email them a scan of my ID.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » vr okt 14, 2016 10:20 am

Meant to say, they will give you the barcode of your club card over the phone which you can use to register on the Ajax website and buy tickets.

Thijs
Site Admin & Toto winner WC 2010

Bericht door Thijs » vr okt 14, 2016 11:31 am

I can get you some tickets, they are e-tickets so can e-mail them to you. Send me a pm if you want. :smile-ajax.gif:
Don't worry 'bout a thing...cause every little thing gonna be alright!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr okt 14, 2016 11:58 am

Thanks Tom and Thijs . I will need to see what my wife wants to do as she would come over but not to football. I had planned to come either Sept or October but things have not worked out .

Just thought I would start by asking about tickets.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo nov 06, 2016 10:15 pm

My wife and I have decided to look at the Groningen weekend ie 4th December.The Christmas lights will be on and 3 nights would suite her .We are looking to fly on Saturday and come home on the Tuesday.

Will I be able to get a ticket from you Thijs ? I know I am dithering but I really want to come before the end of the year.

Thijs

Bericht door Thijs » di nov 08, 2016 11:42 am

Sure, no problem! And where do you wanna sit in the stadium?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do nov 10, 2016 8:39 pm

Thijs will PM when I have sorted my booking out .

My wife's mother has gone into a care home and she is spending most days clearing out her flat . I will hopefully sort out our bookings in the next couple of days and then PM .

Sorry to keep messing about.

Thijs

Bericht door Thijs » vr nov 11, 2016 10:45 am

No problem!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo nov 13, 2016 10:02 pm

Thijs I have PM'd you

December may not be the best time to visit one of the most beautiful cities in Europe but 3 weeks today I hope to be watching us beat Groningen. Every week I watch us on sky and just want to be in that Arena.I am told the Christmas lights make the city even more spectacular so I am not putting it off any longer.

My wife knows the city well enough to amuse herself when I am at the game. We intend to stay in the same hotel in Amstelveen as we have before so as the Metro is next door she should not get lost getting back there on her own!!!

Just hope the weather is ok and no snow.

Plaats reactie