Ajax Directors, Board, Staff

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: Ajax Directors, Board, Staff

Bericht door SPL » di nov 17, 2015 12:45 pm

Yes Overmars is responsible for contracts and it was probably unfair to quote Bouy as that was before Overmars took over and a period when no one was in charge of contracts.(January 2012 ,Blind had gone and Overmars did not arrive until July 2012)

The reason we lost the 4x16 year olds was because Cruijff said his policy was we did not need to give kids contracts until they are 17. This was nothing to do with Overmars. They only changed the policy when Malen left and they thought de Ligt and Nunnely may go.

A question, who says which youths get contracts? I assume Jonk has a big input.Overmars and the TH will say yes but surely Jonk says which kids should get contracts after all he knows them best.

My post of last night probably is too simple I just pointed out that before Cruijff took over we contracted 16 year old
and lost no talents.Since his policy we have lost 4 talents abroad .

I still hope Jonk stays and clearly the youth are being trained better and play good football,I have been impressed watching the U19 CL games.I am just not sure the whole youth system is going to collapse when he goes.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » wo nov 25, 2015 8:51 pm

There's an English language podcast (for those interested in those things) from the Benefoot website on the Eredivisie roughly once a week (free).
The Nov 20th edition spends a fair bit of time on what they call the "Ajax Calamity" explaining what has gone wrong with Ajax in recent years in their eyes.
There is a link to it if you go into the iTunes shop and search "Benefoot". I couldn't find a direct link on their website yet.

It makes interesting listening...
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do dec 24, 2015 12:58 pm

When will they have another overhaul? Marc Overmars needs to leave and replaced by someone like Richard Witchge. Jari Litmanen should be appointed as the head of the youth teams, replacing Wim Jonk. Finally Coach Frank de Boer and his assistants Dennis Bergkamp and Jaap Stam need to leave. Ron Jans needs come in flanked by Wim Jonk and Clarence Seedorf.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » do dec 24, 2015 1:53 pm

Ayman schreef:When will they have another overhaul? Marc Overmars needs to leave and replaced by someone like Richard Witchge. Jari Litmanen should be appointed as the head of the youth teams, replacing Wim Jonk.
Why?

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do dec 24, 2015 6:08 pm

Marc Overmars has ties with Arsenal which hinders Ajax, as per Sanogo signing. Jari Litmanen would be good for the youth and good for him to gain experience

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr jan 01, 2016 6:05 pm

Rumours circulating that Frank de Boer may be tempted by Swansea F.C! They recently axed their coach, so I hope he goes this month, so we can move for Ron Jans, and get him prepared for next season, by making the second half of this season as a Work-In-Progress.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 01, 2016 6:26 pm

Dont think he will be interested in one of the lesser EPL teams.Think he has as good as said so although the stupid English press seem to have overlooked that point.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma jan 04, 2016 6:38 pm

Looks like we have brought over Groningen's head scout. Overmars will probably throw his reports in garbage and sign more players like Sanogo.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo jan 31, 2016 2:29 pm

So assuming that Frank de Boer will be leaving soon, and Marc Overmars leaving at the end of the season, at most. Who will replace them? Wim Jonk wont return if Overmars is still present

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jan 31, 2016 2:35 pm

FDB and Overmars should leave now and Jonk take over for the rest of the season.He will at least make us play proper football.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo jan 31, 2016 3:04 pm

Even after Jonk resigned, I think FdB stated he should be considered a candidate for manager when he leaves. the only other one out there that would shake things up is Marcelo Bielsa who quit Marseille earlier this year. He gets his teams pressing all over the field and has experience at the highest levels in terms of club and national teams. I doubt he knows Dutch and he's a real wild card. However, he would get Ajax playing exciting football.

In reality, Jonk is the only choice.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » zo jan 31, 2016 3:08 pm

FDB and Overmars need to go.

Jonk to take over from FDB and we've already hired that guy from Groningen to be our head scout.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo jan 31, 2016 3:26 pm

Wim Jonk should be asssitant manager, I am not sure if he is ready to be a foreman. Why doesnt anyone talk about Ron Jans? He is a good tactictian, good motivator and can get the best out of players.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo jan 31, 2016 4:25 pm

Ayman schreef:Wim Jonk should be asssitant manager, I am not sure if he is ready to be a foreman. Why doesnt anyone talk about Ron Jans? He is a good tactictian, good motivator and can get the best out of players.
de Boer had virtually the same experience when he took over for Jol. Ron Jans is a nice guy but I don't think up to the pressure of managing at Ajax. Peter Bosz might have been a good choice but he chose to go with Jordi Cruyff and manage Maccabi Tel Aviv.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jan 31, 2016 4:38 pm

Wim Jonk should take over .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr mei 27, 2016 1:15 pm

I've seen a couple of reports that Overmars may be headed to Everton with or without FdB. I hope this is true as he's not been good enough. Unfortunately this may mean that van Gaal comes in as the Technical Director and I have mixed feelings about that.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr jun 03, 2016 3:22 pm

The problem is, even if Overmars leaves his position. Who will take over? Leo Beenhakker? No thanks! Louis van Gaal? What a nightmare!!!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr jun 03, 2016 8:00 pm

Ayman schreef:The problem is, even if Overmars leaves his position. Who will take over? Leo Beenhakker? No thanks! Louis van Gaal? What a nightmare!!!
Actually Beenhakker was the TD when we signed a bunch of really good kids - Zlatan, Mido, Maxwell, Trabelsi, Chivu ...

So if he can perform a similar miracle now, I'm all for it. Van Gaal as TD might be a really terrible idea. Having said that, I for one don't think this is the last we've seen of Van Gaal as a coach.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za jun 04, 2016 10:28 am

I cant to seem to find a list of former Ajax technical directors, for say, the past 15-20 years, anyone know where I can find it?

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » za jun 04, 2016 12:01 pm

It was probably not called 'technical director' at that time but Leo Beenhakker was one of our directors around 2000-2003. At that time there was quite a big sum of money spend on foreign players, but Zlatan, Mido, Maxwell and Trabelsi were pretty succesful. Chivu already came to Ajax when Beenhakker was still the coach at Feyenoord, giving them their last Eredivisie title (ever!) in 1999.

Some time after the disgrace of Louis van Gaal with the Dutch national team (not qualifying for the World Cup in 2002) Van Gaal came back as some sort of 'technical director' in Amsterdam Arena. In 2004/2005 that clashed big time with trainer Ronald Koeman.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di aug 02, 2016 11:42 am

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma jun 05, 2017 7:56 pm

Barcelona have offered Jordi Cruijff the job of sporting director at the Catalan club. Ajax have also made an approach for him. [@diarioas]
If only they would enquire about Overmars instead, I am sure he would love the idea, since he played for them.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di apr 17, 2018 8:44 pm

Might as well use this thread for a discussion of the current problems with management. Here is an interesting weblink to Ajax Showtime about an article placing the blame at the feet of van der Sar: https://www.ajaxshowtime.com/article/ho ... ft-gefaald Interesting that the team performed better under Keizer than ten Hag. Perhaps Keizer was sacked too early!!

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » vr apr 20, 2018 7:27 am

Did anyone see the article about the fans stopping the team bus on the way home from Eindhoven?

As much as I don't like the current set-up, fair play to vd Sar.. He came straight out to face the fans and answer their questions in what could only be described as a hostile situation... shame he didn't agree to step down when they demanded it.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma apr 23, 2018 4:56 pm

Today Danny Blind was named to the Ajax supervisory board voted on by a majority of shareholders. Another dumb move.

Plaats reactie