Ajax Directors, Board, Staff

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Amol

Re: Ajax Directors, Board, Staff

Bericht door Amol » di apr 02, 2024 5:29 pm

I do think that this is a ploy to get him out.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do apr 04, 2024 1:03 pm

Kroes is now in hot water with the Dutch FA. When he was at AZ he bought shares in Ajax which was against the regulations. He is either just stupid or trying to make a fast bit of €. He apparently also was a large shareholder in Go Ahead Eagles where he worked prior to AZ.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr apr 05, 2024 5:28 pm

Since we can't seem to have boring days at Ajax, the latest bombshell is that Michel Van Praag also apparently owned Ajax shares when he was not supposed to. Not going to get into details.

Now the Board of Directors which controls 73% of the shares of Ajax, is looking to bring back Kroes and fire the Supervisory Board.

I would love to see the Organization Chart at Ajax. Maybe one doesn't exist based on all the news we read regularly.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » vr apr 05, 2024 6:01 pm

Van Praag and the board fucked up. They took a premature decision. Bring back Kroes. Out with the old guard.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr apr 05, 2024 7:15 pm

Yeah total chaos. I read in the morning that Kroes wants to fight for his place. Also great that the Board of Directors has his back.

Kroes was at the game yesterday. That gives me good vibes. If you think you've done something wrong, you'd typically not show your face in public.
Laatst gewijzigd door Amol op vr apr 05, 2024 9:01 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr apr 05, 2024 7:35 pm

Just reading the Board of Directors want the supervisory Board out and keep Kroes.Some report by a professor expert that Kroes did not buy shares to make a profit and shares in Ajax are not likely to make profit .

The Supervisory Board ,except Danny Blind need to be fired ,including V Praag.

Liked the headline comment that Kroes gets sacked for speeding and Mislintat gets away with murder.

Our beautiful Ajax is at its lowest point on and off the field since a skinny little kid made his debut and changed the club and football world .

Only bright spot all season was watching the Futures Cup last week and lovely football played by 16 and 17 year old kids .Just hope someone at our club is going to give the best of these kids contracts otherwise we may as well close the Academy down.

We all must keep singing Bob Marley's words and everything will be alright.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr apr 05, 2024 9:36 pm

Amol schreef:
vr apr 05, 2024 5:28 pm
Since we can't seem to have boring days at Ajax, the latest bombshell is that Michel Van Praag also apparently owned Ajax shares when he was not supposed to. Not going to get into details.

Now the Board of Directors which controls 73% of the shares of Ajax, is looking to bring back Kroes and fire the Supervisory Board.

I would love to see the Organization Chart at Ajax. Maybe one doesn't exist based on all the news we read regularly.
https://english.ajax.nl/club/organization/ is probably the best you can find. It is the full association, and not the Board of Directors that controls 73% of the shares of Ajax. I'm not an expert in Dutch securities law and regulation. However, in the US shareholders of the company have a lot of rights and can call for an emergency meeting as long as specific conditions are met. This whole thing is very messy and I'm hesitant to predict an outcome.

EDIT: The Ajax Wikipedia page also has a chart which has the Executive Board members (who are maybe the final decision makers???): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFC_Ajax#Board_and_staff
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za apr 06, 2024 1:34 am

There has to be some problem within the club. They have hired and then quickly fired several people in the last couple of years. Kroes, Mislintat, two coaches. And I’m still not sure what happened with van der Sar and Tadic.

I don’t know the structure either and I don’t really care to follow the factional nonsense. They do seem to act like a bunch of man babies with oversized egos, butting heads to see who can control the club. It has been like this since I’ve been following Ajax.

I guess you could say it adds to the entertainment…

Jinne
Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door Jinne » za apr 06, 2024 2:50 pm

SPL schreef:
vr apr 05, 2024 7:35 pm
Just reading the Board of Directors want the supervisory Board out and keep Kroes.Some report by a professor expert that Kroes did not buy shares to make a profit and shares in Ajax are not likely to make profit .

The Supervisory Board ,except Danny Blind need to be fired ,including V Praag.

Liked the headline comment that Kroes gets sacked for speeding and Mislintat gets away with murder.
Mislintat got sacked. Kroes still only suspensed. So the title is bullshit. Sven's 12 are not a success yet at the moment, but that's not a criminal offence.
He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » zo apr 07, 2024 3:14 pm

Hopefully the supervisory board resigns voluntarily and makes way for Kroes.

This has to stop. :1evil.gif: :1evil.gif: :1evil.gif: :1evil.gif:

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » ma apr 08, 2024 7:17 pm

The supervisory board also gets burned for a investigational report about Mislintat carried out by KPMG. The report is being regarded as poor and narrow. Also the board used the conclusions to clear Mislintat from any wrongdoing. It might very well be that Mislintat did nothing wrong. But the board, again (like they did with Kroes) jumped to conclusions without any internal discussions.

Van Praag, please leave. Today if possible.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma apr 08, 2024 9:17 pm

Agree our Supervisory Board have to be kicked out , Danny Blind only just appointed a month or 2 ago is only involved in the football side so will stay.The rest of the SB including V Praag are working hard on destroying our club.

Dare I say it but if we had a rich Arab owning the club we would not have these clowns on the SB at the club.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo apr 10, 2024 2:43 pm

https://theathletic.com/5398971/2024/04 ... redivisie/

Don't know if it is behind a paywall, but it is an excellent summary of the present situation.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do apr 25, 2024 3:40 pm

Well, this is a surprising turn of events. van Praag caved in and Alex Kroes returns to the club immediately! Apparently, Graham Potter formerly of Brighton and Chelsea will be the manager with only the salary to be negotiated. Ajax have had a history with English managers, most notably Jack Reynolds who had the longest tenure of any Ajax manager.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do apr 25, 2024 4:19 pm

That's solid news. Not sure what the 'titular' thing means in the press release.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do apr 25, 2024 7:33 pm

Today is the 77th anniversary of the birth of the greatest footballer ever ,Johan Cruijff.If he were still alive I do not think the present shambles would have happened. However the Board of Members have put Ajax first with Kroes back and van Praag being told he has to go by 1st July. Potter is a very good manager and fans must forget he did not make it at Chelsea. A joke of a club with a clueless owner.

I hope peace can now break out and my only moan is that Potter should take over straight away as we could then hope to be 5th. Van t'Schip is taking us to 6th or even 7th.

Orange 14 mentions the great Jack Reynolds who was manager over a period of 30 years and was an early pioneer of Total football and an influence on Rinus Michels .However the last time Ajax were so bad was back in 1964/65 and Vic Buckingham was coach .The club then had a 17 year old skinny youth who was about to change our club and football.There will never be another JC.

PS Go onto wikipedia Ajax site and the list of coaches shows a lot of English coaches up until 64/65 .Buckingham the last English coach.Reynolds coached about 24 years from 1915 to 1947 . A great of our history.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do apr 25, 2024 10:08 pm

Rumours of Chivu being added to the staff next year as an Assistant Coach :blub.gif:

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » do apr 25, 2024 11:26 pm

Doesn’t this make the initial move to get him out look even worse?

They initially made it sound as if they had no choice but to ban him, but that must be BS if they’ve reinstated him.

So they admitting it was just a squabble in the club? What a shambles!

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » vr apr 26, 2024 9:13 am

Van Praag stepped out of bounce and jumped to conclusions, as I already predicted. Van Praag is our worst enemy. He just sabotages the whole organization. He needs to go

Plaats reactie