Ajax Directors, Board, Staff

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: Ajax Directors, Board, Staff

Bericht door SPL » vr okt 20, 2023 7:39 pm

Huntelaar is off sick with burn out but hopefully will be back after a break. He is doing a good job with contracts to Youth and Jong but he has had a tough year and behind the scenes the club is a shambles.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma okt 23, 2023 3:40 pm

The F-Side has put out a statement asking for Steijn to be sacked. Steijn's main supporters now are ex-Ajax TV pundits - Sneijder, Raffie and Andy Van Der Meyde

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma okt 23, 2023 6:04 pm

Great news he is sacked.Maduro takes over for the time being.It can only get better now as nothing can be worse than the rubbish produced yesterday and we are 17th.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma okt 23, 2023 6:28 pm

SPL schreef:
ma okt 23, 2023 6:04 pm
Great news he is sacked.
He was not sacked. There was a discussion between Steijn and management and it mutually agreed that it is not in the best interest of the club for the status quo to continue. Let's at least be correct about what transpired!!!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma okt 23, 2023 7:17 pm

Sorry ,I just saw the basic headline on BBC ,yes we still make headlines in Uk as we are seen as one of the great clubs of Europe.

Mutual agreement I believe means we dont have to pay off his 3 year contract.Probably give him a few months of salary.I just speculate on this.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma okt 23, 2023 7:52 pm

Hallelujah! Don't quite care about how we finally got rid of him right about now. There will be a time to discuss that.

For now, lets just celebrate the fact that we don't have this loser as our coach currently. Just have been through so much fatigue with him. The blame always lied with someone else, except him.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma okt 23, 2023 8:18 pm

SPL schreef:
ma okt 23, 2023 7:17 pm
Mutual agreement I believe means we dont have to pay off his 3 year contract.Probably give him a few months of salary.I just speculate on this.
Yes, I suspect that there is some type of agreement short of paying him the full three years of his contract. I do feel for him as he was dealt a bad hand from the beginning and he will always be associated with the worst start in Ajax history. Ajax are a difficult team to manage given the high expectations of the supporters and management. I hope Maduro can turn things around and maybe he will have better support from the players than Steijn did. We will see soon enough. Brighton have a number of players out injured so Thursday's game might be more even than we think.

We will likely not see a permanent manager until Beuker and Kroes officially begin to come in to manage the technical issues. Given the current turmoil and potential financial issues with no CL football this year and the high possibility that they cannot climb up into third place for a spot next season, it is going to be difficult to attract a high level person to the position.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma okt 23, 2023 8:46 pm

Now there is at least one report that Van 't Schip may take over as the trainer for the rest of the season. He was set to join the Supervisory Board but delayed it because of the passing of his wife.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » ma okt 23, 2023 10:13 pm

I don’t think this is necessarily a great time to sack the coach. If the results don’t get better (and why would they?) we could burn through another 1 or 2 coaches before the end of the season.

We are expecting to lose to Brighton and PSV, meaning we could drop to last place in both the eredivisie and the EL, so will there be calls to sack whoever is the coach for those games? I’m not sure it makes sense but I’m also not surprised they did it.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » ma okt 23, 2023 10:55 pm

Should’ve said replaced, not sacked.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » di okt 24, 2023 8:44 am

So, this leaves Ajax in limbo... AGAIN!! Not too much managerial talent out there.. perhaps a start from scratch.. with maybe an ex-player at the helm, one who knows about pressing football... Ange has done it at Tottenham.. has he got a twin, anywhere??
:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di okt 24, 2023 11:39 am

Good to hear from saddlerian posting again .How are you?

Looks like John van't Schip will take over after PSV game for the rest of the season.Reading comments on Showtime fans all having a good moan that he has not had success as a coach but none of them say who should take over.Pep Guadiola is not coming.
I do think v d Sar made a big mistake in not bringing Bosz back and I am sure he would not have let Mislintat sign players like a game of soccer manager.

van't Schip is Ajax through and through and has Cruyff principles. He wants to help his club in anyway even though he has just lost his wife to cancer. I dont know him but I have hugh respect for him.Why would he want to put himself through this further hell and take over as coach. idiots like Sneijder and V d Vaart and v d Meijde are sounding off but van't Schip wants to do something positive and he has my support.I think youth will get more chances now.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » di okt 24, 2023 2:20 pm

Maybe John van't Schip is the man to try and get Ajax out of this mire as, sadly, he has nothing more to worry about and can spend 100% of his time to team matters.
Nice to be back on here, even rather "enforced" move to St P (shan't blame Brexit.. even though partly guilty) 🤭
Spend my soccer time watching online games now, apart from fairly regular visits to the Gazprom Arena to watch Zenit, and also the local stadium to watch the u19s..
How the hell was Mislintat allowed to sign so many second rate players, probably on longish contracts + good salaries... It's the coach's job to select the team; coach should have great input into new arrivals... they have to FIT!!
34 will always be with us

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » di okt 24, 2023 3:06 pm

He was a more than OK coach for the Greek national team a few years ago. The machinations of Greek football, didn't help him participate for a WC or EC. Ajax right now doesn't need to reinvent football. Just needs a guy to prepare the team mainly DEFENSIVELY and clear some players (such as Taylor) that think they're club legends
May the Force be with you

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di okt 24, 2023 3:24 pm

Welcome back SaddlerIan!

I don't have high expectations of John Van't Schip at all. However, we still have plenty of quality in the squad to end up in the top half of the table.

For the time-being, Maduro is our coach and Dave Vos has been promoted to be his Assistant Coaches.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di okt 24, 2023 5:03 pm

John Van't Schip confirmed as our coach until the end of the season. Starts next week.

I wonder if anyone will be smart enough and bring back Bogarde. Our defense definitely seemed to have a lot more teeth when he was around.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo dec 27, 2023 3:27 pm

Danny Blind has been appointed to the Technical Board.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do mar 28, 2024 1:04 pm

V'ant Schip confirmed at today's press conference that he will not be managing Ajax next season.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di apr 02, 2024 10:22 am

I had to check the date when I read this but it’s currently April 2nd. Apparently Alex Kroes has now been fired for insider trading, because he sold shares in Ajax before his appointment was made public. What on earth is going on with this club.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 02, 2024 11:20 am

He bought shares but says he told the Board back in August.This is evidently insider trading. There are still 3 members of the Board remaining from last summer who should by now have been kicked out. If they knew about this they should resign .

Basically the club is in meltdown at present, no coach , no TD, no CEO, most of last summers players will be sold and looking at these last 3 days a lot of 16 and 17 year olds who are talented but not contracted.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di apr 02, 2024 12:07 pm

Thanks SPL, you're right, he *bought* the shares. I misread the Dutch article.

If the board knew about it in advance, that is even more unbelievable.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di apr 02, 2024 1:19 pm

Total s**t show!!!!!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di apr 02, 2024 2:39 pm

I checked and re-checked the date of the articles as well. This is madness. If he bought stock before the announcement, of course that will be insider trading. However that being said, no one is going to buy AJAX stock for huge gains.

Most likely, all he had to do was send a notification to the Dutch Stock Exchange about a planned purchase ahead of time. OR wait a couple weeks.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di apr 02, 2024 3:46 pm

I think this is a very complicated issue and one that will play out in the courts. I'm not trusting anything I'm reading right now. I don't know what the insider trading regulations are in Holland. It also appears that he held a significant amount of Ajax stock before he even bought the disputed number of shares. It is a mystery why AZ did not make him sell those shares before he took the position at that club. Furthermore, most US corporations require senior members of management to hold 'significant' amounts of stock in the company they work for.

I'm wondering if there is some nasty politics going on within the Board, a number of members who are new.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di apr 02, 2024 4:39 pm

Yes, I also thought they were probably playing politics. I don’t find Kroes’s explanation 100% convincing either.

Right now none of the characters are looking particularly good, and there is no upside for Ajax, the football club.

Plaats reactie