Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Amol

Re: Ajax Coaches

Bericht door Amol » di okt 10, 2023 3:02 pm

We are looking at this a bit incorrectly right now. We need a coach who can get us out of relegation and at least into the top 6. The longer we wait, the harder that becomes.

We need to stop dreaming about 2nd and 3rd right now and worry about not ending in the bottom half.

If Van Gaal thinks he can manage Steijn and gets results from him by remote control, then so be it.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo okt 11, 2023 4:44 am

4th has to be the target. Playoffs would be so embarrassing.

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » wo okt 11, 2023 4:13 pm

At the moment we’re closer to relegation playoffs.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo okt 11, 2023 7:40 pm

Just talking to my oldest son ,w ho lives down in Cornwall. First question when we turned to soccer was why has your coach not been sacked.Good question all we Ajax fans want to know that.I did say no idea who could take over!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do okt 12, 2023 8:25 pm

Steijn is currently on holiday in Ibiza. Did the same in the Sept break. Let us hope he stays there, Dave Vos can take over temporary with Maduro

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma okt 30, 2023 12:03 pm

Van't Schip is appointed as the interim manager through the remainder of the season at which point he will move to the Technical staff which he was originally hired for. He is bringing his former assistant Michael Vlkanis in. No word on Maduro's future at this point.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma okt 30, 2023 12:53 pm

Maduro is back as assistant and Dave Vos back at Jong.Welcome to John ,he is taking over a hell of a job even though he is going through sheer hell of losing his wife.He is putting himself through this for love of Ajax. Utter respect for him.

Fans saying his coaching record is not good enough.I have not read any fan on Showtime who comes up with who should take over.

Ajax have fallen to their lowest point in 123 years and have bought in far too many poor players. We now have a coach with Ajax DNA and a disciple of Johan . The fans must get behind our coach. If he can get us some wins and get us to halfway by Christmas we can then sell some of the poor signings from this summer and buy some quality experienced players especially in defence where only 17 year old Hato is good enough.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma okt 30, 2023 2:16 pm

Yeah cannot imagine what Van't Schip is going through. He has all my support as we navigate through this year.

Very happy with what Maduro and Vos were able to do in just a week. Glad we've kept Maduro on as an assistant.

I think Ajax needs to figure out how to keep Vos closely aligned to the first team as well in addition to his duties and vice versa with Maduro with the Jong. We need to rebuild that connection which clearly has broken with Schreuder and Steijn.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma okt 30, 2023 2:36 pm

SPL schreef:
ma okt 30, 2023 12:53 pm
Fans saying his coaching record is not good enough.I have not read any fan on Showtime who comes up with who should take over.
this is just stupid. He's only going to coach through the end of this season. Better to take this approach than make a hurried decision on a manager that they will have to give a 3 year contract to.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma okt 30, 2023 3:43 pm

Best thing I've read today. Brings tears to my eyes - https://twitter.com/AllAboutAjax/status ... 7418193921

John Van't Schip when asked "Why have you decided to accept this monstrous challenge?"

Van ‘t Schip: “Ajax is my club. Before my wife passed away, me and her discussed this a lot. It was her wish for me to help Ajax. This is my club and this is her club, our love started here …

… The decision is very easy. Ajax is my club and my wife gave me the approval from above. I know she is with me.”

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma okt 30, 2023 4:54 pm

Agree beautiful comments from John about his wife.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma okt 30, 2023 5:30 pm

SPL schreef:
ma okt 30, 2023 4:54 pm
Agree beautiful comments from John about his wife.
Also agree and hope that the ship can be turned around. Maybe first place is out of the question but the Eredivisie is a pretty strange league. Feyenoord lost yesterday and AZ was on the way to losing when Bas Dost collapsed on the pitch in the 90th minute. The game was halted and he was stretchered off, concious but as with the Ajax match, this was also abandoned with five mutes of extra time to play. Certainly the Beker will be in play and it would be great for Ajax to win at least one trophy this season.

Plaats reactie