Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Ajax Coaches

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do feb 03, 2005 2:16 pm

I am starting this one especially for Pizza 5, who was about to post an enormous Ronald Koeman rant to revive his 'Koeman Must Go!' campaign.

Let's wait and see when he registers. Pizza 5: it's all yours!
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Koeman

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo feb 06, 2005 9:45 pm

Okay - what now?

Let's be practical: there is no way the board will fire Koeman before season's end. They chose his side in the Van Gaal conflict, so they will make a bunch of twats out themselves if they sack him now. And they won't.

But then again: what to do now?

I feel that this team is going nowhere under this man. There is no genuine conviction that we must play 'Ajax football'. It feels like every game is an incident: we can win, we can lose - almost at random, but there's no real improvement. We are not making the next step for the future, or however you want to put it.

Should the board at least tell Koeman that he can look out for a new club in the summer...?

K.
Still alive...

Monkey Tonk

Bericht door Monkey Tonk » zo feb 06, 2005 10:53 pm

The board may not have the guts to do what needs to be done, but I'm not so sure that Koeman doesn't. He must at least be thinking about resigning. Would look a lot better on his carefully planned resume than "Koeman..., you're fired!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Smelt vlokje smelt
Daarbuiten op het veld
Een veld met witte doekjes
En lang verloren driehoekjes
Smelt vlokje smelt
Daarbuiten op het veld

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma feb 07, 2005 12:35 am

I understand Co A. is available at the end of the season......

:xyxthumbs:

Oh sorry I forgot....he wasn't good enough....
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Timbers107

Bericht door Timbers107 » ma feb 07, 2005 4:56 am

Remember when we were talking that Koeman would leave us for Barcelona? Yikes. I know Barca lost today, but they wouldn't touch him now with a ten foot pole... and rightfully so. The direction and momentum of Koeman's Ajax is gone.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za feb 19, 2005 7:41 pm

Ajax have extended the contract of Young Ajax coach John van den Brom by two seasons. He will now be tied to Ajax until the summer of 2007.

Good decision. He's doing a great job with Young Ajax.

K.
Still alive...

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » za feb 19, 2005 10:41 pm

Right,even allowing for our win the other night the Koeman out campaign continues.I have said it before but to many good young players are underperforming and have gone down hill under Koemans guidance.Most coaches in Europe would have loved to had the potential of our young players a couple of years ago,we made the last 8 of the Champions league,but since then its all been going very very wonkey.Why oh why does he keep playing people out of position?Please Mr.Koeman,read this and then post up an explination.Is Babel a winger....NO....is Heitinga a midfielder....NO....is Boukhari a winger....NO..(ok I will let you off that one,I dont know what he is either) was Sonk a winger...NO....on and on it goes......why wont you give de Ridder a chance?

Koeman should do the decent thing and resign,and hand over to a new coach so we can start preparing for next season.
Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.....

Sir Alex Ferguson

Bericht door Sir Alex Ferguson » zo feb 20, 2005 9:46 pm

I might be able to fit the job in on Tuesday afternoon and may even be able to attend matches unless we have a Sky game on a Sunday, in which case I could send Lou Macari or Gary Pallister to deputise.

Interesting to see how quickly things change and how fickle fans can become. Only 12 months ago you were on the crest of a wave and you were trying hard to retain Mr Koeman's services.

Now seemingly you are playing players out of position, have little or no youth coming through(as clearly shown in last weeks under 21 game) and have commenced your usual in fighting.

You must remain patient and appreciate that selling some key players coupled with one or two losing form will have an impact on a small club.

You are not that far behing PSV or AZ at present and things can turn around.

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » zo feb 20, 2005 9:58 pm

Oh great.......just when you think things cant possibly get any worse this Twat turns up.
Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.....

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma feb 21, 2005 7:41 am

pizza 5 schreef:Oh great... just when you think things cant possibly get any worse this Twat turns up.
Oh - who cares...?

K.
Still alive...

bryan

Bericht door bryan » ma feb 21, 2005 11:47 pm

Maybe we can get Henk ten Cate, the man behind the Barça revolution, to replace Koeman.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Koeman --> Valencia?

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di feb 22, 2005 7:59 am

Right - there's the first rumor!

According to Spanish newspaper Sport Valencia have asked Koeman if he would be interested in taking over at the Spanish club, who are having a very disappointing season so far. According to the paper Koeman's reaction was quite positive, although he did demand that the 'Italian colony' of players at Valencia become smaller in size.

For those who read Spanish: the article is here...
http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpubli ... _PK=617&h=

K.
Laatst gewijzigd door Kowalczyk op di feb 22, 2005 8:17 am, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Still alive...

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » di feb 22, 2005 8:03 am

A great club for our Ronaldo. Although it would be sad to see him go :eusa_liar: , we can't keep him from this gigantic promotion! :hypocrite:
I think I lost my fucking headache

Eric

Bericht door Eric » di feb 22, 2005 8:04 am

Okay guys, who can pick up Ron from the ArenA and drop him off at Mestalla? Costs for gas and lodgement will be refunded.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di feb 22, 2005 8:35 am

Eric schreef:Okay guys, who can pick up Ron from the ArenA and drop him off at Mestalla? Costs for gas and lodgement will be refunded.
FINALLY, some good news!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di feb 22, 2005 8:39 am

Eric schreef:Okay guys, who can pick up Ron from the ArenA and drop him off at Mestalla? Costs for gas and lodgement will be refunded.
Don't have a drivers' license. But I am willing to bike him there, if he wants to sit on the back...

:hypocrite:

By the way: did you hear he will not show up at the pre-game press conference for Auxerre? Pissed off with the Dutch press, apparently. I don't understand the man. He keeps announcing things, turning everything into some sort of a 'Grand Statement'. He adds so much weight to everything he says... and then he's annoyed that the press (and the fans) will kick a fuss if it all turns out differently.

K.
Still alive...

Eric

Bericht door Eric » di feb 22, 2005 8:42 am

Kowalczyk schreef:
Don't have a drivers' license. But I am willing to bike him there, if he wants to sit on the back...

:hypocrite:

By the way: did you hear he will not show up at the pre-game press conference for Auxerre? Pissed off with the Dutch press, apparently. I don't understand the man. He keeps announcing things, turning everything into some sort of a 'Grand Statement'. He adds so much weight to everything he says... and then he's annoyed that the press (and the fans) will kick a fuss if it all turns out differently.

K.
All part of his great PR show... leave em hungry for more. Ron should take a shot at showbusiness...

No drivers licence... are you in any way related to Joey perhaps? :D
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di feb 22, 2005 8:48 am

Eric schreef:No drivers licence... are you in any way related to Joey perhaps? :D
Yes, I am actually. We're both writers... (e.g. losers, hopeless cases, we couldn't have a normal job to save the world).

:cheer:

K.
Still alive...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di feb 22, 2005 9:00 am

interesting read from footballnl.com
http://www.footballnl.com/NEWS2004_5/4/news0253.htm
"Ajax coach Ronald Koeman can start preparing himslef for rough ride until the end of the season after Ajax fans announced that they will be doing everything their power to force him to leave the club..."

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di feb 22, 2005 9:18 am

DanK schreef:interesting read from footballnl.com
http://www.footballnl.com/NEWS2004_5/4/news0253.htm
"Ajax coach Ronald Koeman can start preparing himslef for rough ride until the end of the season after Ajax fans announced that they will be doing everything their power to force him to leave the club..."
Seems like that open letter was some kind of a bad joke.

It was 'signed' by several fan groups, including the Independent Ajax Fanclub (OFA), but they published a statement on their website yesterday that they did not know about this letter at all - and that they did not sign it.

K.
Still alive...

cdnajaxfan

New Coach

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » wo feb 23, 2005 8:06 pm

Nice to see that there are some Co fans around here. He would be one of my choices for a Koeman replacement. I hate to admit it but I even like Hiddink more than Koeman.

The logical choice would have been Marco but the KNVB stole him away so he will not be the next but the coach after that one (assuming we are not going to be Real Madrid have 5 coaches in one season). Don't get me wrong, I think that he is the man for the Oranje but we could really use him very soon.

I hear that Del Bosque is available, Besiktas just did not work out for him!

cdnajaxfan

Re: Koeman --> Valencia?

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » wo feb 23, 2005 8:09 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Right - there's the first rumor!

According to Spanish newspaper Sport Valencia have asked Koeman if he would be interested in taking over at the Spanish club, who are having a very disappointing season so far. According to the paper Koeman's reaction was quite positive, although he did demand that the 'Italian colony' of players at Valencia become smaller in size.

For those who read Spanish: the article is here...
http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpubli ... _PK=617&h=

K.
Does that mean we get "The Tinkerman" then?!

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » do feb 24, 2005 6:30 pm

Well for the record, I don't have a driving licence either.

Just thought you should know.

Anyway, I think that Koeman will be gone sooner rather than later, but I suspect that they'll continue with a stand-in coach till season's end. (Krol?)

What then?

My vote would be for Co, but of course that would require the current board to resign 'en masse' - not in itself a terrible idea - but unlikely.

So that leaves us with Henk Ten Cate.

He da man.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do feb 24, 2005 6:56 pm

The Purple Cow schreef:So that leaves us with Henk Ten Cate.

He da man.
He would be the perfect man - press and fans seem to agree on that one.

Key question is: will he leave Barça for Ajax now they're doing so well? I'm sure an offer from Ajax will be tempting. He's now a coach-assistant at a top drawer club. He can become the head-coach, the Man In Charge, at a 'second or third drawer', but potentially pretty good club.

Champions League football as a head-coach, Henk. Think about it...

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do feb 24, 2005 7:50 pm

IF the rumour is correct, it goes to show you how desperate Valencia are. Exchange The Tinkerman for Mr. Pretzel Logic? Glad I'm not a Valencia supporter. Valium sales will go through the roof. If, as was discussed at the Cine` Cafe during Sunday's post-mortem, Henk ten Cate is the teacher , straight-shooting, and disciplined coach he was described as,I'd be all for him.

Plaats reactie