Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Ayman

Re: Ajax Coaches

Bericht door Ayman » za jun 03, 2017 7:53 pm

Ajax are looking at Martin Schmidt as possible replacement for Peter Bosz, should he leave for Dortmund. #ajax #bvb [@skysportnewshd] https://t.co/fSL3BnEfou

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jun 03, 2017 8:42 pm

souras84 schreef:I read that Ron Jans might be his replacement. Any thoughts?
His only good run was with Groningen. He moved on to Heerenveen was was not successful. I don't think he is up to managing a club such as Ajax
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jun 03, 2017 9:01 pm

Now says they have offered 3.5m ,surely Overmars can demand 5m .

Keizer to take over.

zeux

Bericht door zeux » za jun 03, 2017 9:15 pm

SPL schreef:Now says they have offered 3.5m ,surely Overmars can demand 5m .
He should reject and make it a no go.

Money is completely irrelevant at this moment. Especially with 100m+ in the bank.

We had momentum. A chance players might stay for one more year. The coach was a sure bet, an anchor, somebody who could convince players to stay and make something happen next year. Not any more. And that will open the flood gates. Very sad managing on the part of Ajax. This is the total implosion of even middle long management.
"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jun 03, 2017 9:53 pm

zeux schreef:

Money is completely irrelevant at this moment. Especially with 100m+ in the bank.

We had momentum. A chance players might stay for one more year. The coach was a sure bet, an anchor, somebody who could convince players to stay and make something happen next year. Not any more. And that will open the flood gates. Very sad managing on the part of Ajax. This is the total implosion of even middle long management.
It's an understandable point but if Bosz really wants to leave there is not much that can be done.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

zeux

Bericht door zeux » za jun 03, 2017 9:58 pm

Orange14 schreef:
zeux schreef:

It's an understandable point but if Bosz really wants to leave there is not much that can be done.
We have to go by the reports, but it doesn't seem as if Ajax is making an effort for him to stay. They already struck a deal, it seems, while he hasn't made up his mind yet, so they say.

For now, I see a lack of effort on the part of Ajax to convince him to stay one more year.
"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za jun 03, 2017 9:59 pm

It would make sense for Marcel Keizer to be promoted as head coach, someone who knows the system and the players, rather than someone new who will need time to adjust

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jun 03, 2017 10:25 pm

zeux schreef: We have to go by the reports, but it doesn't seem as if Ajax is making an effort for him to stay. They already struck a deal, it seems, while he hasn't made up his mind yet, so they say.

For now, I see a lack of effort on the part of Ajax to convince him to stay one more year.
Perhaps van der Sar and Overmars did not think his performance as trainer was all that good. Certainly there were some matches this season where he made some tactical mistakes. Even in the Europa League one can point to the home matches against Lyon and Schalke as very good but the others were not so great.

I thought Jong Ajax under Kiezer played more interesting football. Anyway we'll see how things play out. The Dortmund supporters on another forum think this is a done deal.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » za jun 03, 2017 10:39 pm

Ayman schreef:Ajax are looking at Martin Schmidt as possible replacement for Peter Bosz, should he leave for Dortmund. #ajax #bvb [@skysportnewshd] https://t.co/fSL3BnEfou

WHO THE HELL IS THIS GUY????
May the Force be with you

zeux

Bericht door zeux » za jun 03, 2017 10:44 pm

This would be a crucial summer. Players staying instead of going, would make a huge (huuuuuuge) difference. If the coach takes a hike at the first moment, why should they even consider to stay?

Bosz going on the first impuls could reverberate through the whole transfer window.

Beside the fact that crucial CL-games have to be played in about a month time or so.

Yes, there were erratic games. But I hope you agree they found the right direction. Now they veer off again...

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jun 03, 2017 10:45 pm

souras84 schreef:
Ayman schreef:Ajax are looking at Martin Schmidt as possible replacement for Peter Bosz, should he leave for Dortmund. #ajax #bvb [@skysportnewshd] https://t.co/fSL3BnEfou

WHO THE HELL IS THIS GUY????
Former trainer at Mainz who was just sacked.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za jun 03, 2017 10:50 pm

Ronald de Boer: “Frank won’t come back to Ajax anytime soon. That ship has sailed, and he wants to work abroad.”

Oh I am disappointed!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo jun 04, 2017 2:19 am

Well I thought this was bs at first.

It's disappointing and frustrating but you can't blame Overmars or Ajax. It's down to Bosz if he decides to move; if he wants to go Ajax don't get to force him to stay.

Overall, I'm not sure how great he is tactically or how much that really matters, but there is no question that our football was generally better to watch this season than the previous three seasons with FdB.

Ajax will have to work quickly to get a new manager and do what they can to nail down the squad for next season. Could be a painful summer if it triggers an exodus.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo jun 04, 2017 11:07 am

According to @BILD, Peter Bosz has agreed terms with Borussia Dortmund and will be unveiled as their new manager in the coming week. #ajax https://t.co/N3O6TsVn9F

It's pretty much a done deal. There are rumours that van Gaal is to make a surprise return as coach, BUT teams such as Southampton and crystal palace are linked with him.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » zo jun 04, 2017 12:21 pm

I have a feeling that it was a decision by Bosz and the board was unable to do anything to change it. Furthermore, I think they already know and have a suitable replacement. I guess I will trust them!!!

Now 2 more things...

1. If they picked Bosz for his football style, I believe the next coach will have a similar tactical approach of the game

2. The fans will now forgive Bosz for his decision...

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo jun 04, 2017 12:41 pm

Erik ten Hag of Utrecht has been mentioned in one post that I saw. The last foreign manager of the club was Morten Olsen way back in the late 1990s. I don't think it will be van Gaal.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » ma jun 05, 2017 1:31 am

@souras are you saying you think the fans will or won't forgive Bosz?

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma jun 05, 2017 3:09 am

I think he's leaving too early. He has had 1 good year and if he doesn't do well at BVB, he's going to be out of a job really quick.

He hasn't quite -
1. won anything
2. invented options 2 & 3 for playing styles
3. completely cemented his reputation as a great tactician/coach

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jun 05, 2017 11:12 am

A lot of fans were not happy with his use of subs ,no plan B, stuck with some players who struggled but he did get us playing decent football. He has made his reputation based on beating Schalke and Lyon.Not knocking him and would like him to stay but he can be replaced.

zeux

Bericht door zeux » ma jun 05, 2017 11:46 am

SPL schreef:A lot of fans were not happy with his use of subs ,no plan B, stuck with some players who struggled but he did get us playing decent football. He has made his reputation based on beating Schalke and Lyon.Not knocking him and would like him to stay but he can be replaced.
Of course he had (has) flaws, but for me that is not the point. Any coach that Ajax can attract will have flaws. It's not a perfect world.
But Ajax was undoubtedly playing better in the past months, once Bosz' 'philosophy' set in. And that's the point: changing the course (playing style) of a team takes several years. Cutting Bosz loose after just one year, not even fully out of the 'building up'-stage, is the worst of signals. It's the implosion of every kind of long(er) term strategy you are (supposed to) have as a club.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » ma jun 05, 2017 1:09 pm

Tom_ schreef:@souras are you saying you think the fans will or won't forgive Bosz?

Sorry Tom, spelling mistake. I meant NOT. Of course I read that he clashed with Bergkamp about something and he was "forced" to make such a decision. If it's true, it will be the second guy leaving because of him, after Wim Jonk

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » ma jun 05, 2017 4:19 pm

he's going to be presented tomorrow at Dortmund. a bit strange how this went down. no pushback by management to keep him. wonder if something else was going on behind the scenes. anyways, is bergkamp available?

Sandro

Bericht door Sandro » ma jun 05, 2017 5:26 pm

zeux schreef:
SPL schreef:A lot of fans were not happy with his use of subs ,no plan B, stuck with some players who struggled but he did get us playing decent football. He has made his reputation based on beating Schalke and Lyon.Not knocking him and would like him to stay but he can be replaced.
Of course he had (has) flaws, but for me that is not the point. Any coach that Ajax can attract will have flaws. It's not a perfect world.
But Ajax was undoubtedly playing better in the past months, once Bosz' 'philosophy' set in. And that's the point: changing the course (playing style) of a team takes several years. Cutting Bosz loose after just one year, not even fully out of the 'building up'-stage, is the worst of signals. It's the implosion of every kind of long(er) term strategy you are (supposed to) have as a club.
:biggthumpup.gif: This is one of the worst things that could happen.
"Hate it or love it, the underdog's on top".

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jun 05, 2017 6:06 pm

Sandro_Calaaabro schreef:
zeux schreef:
:biggthumpup.gif: This is one of the worst things that could happen.
Prior to the six year term of Frank de Boer, Ajax had a lot of one and done trainers. Since van Gaal left in 1998, only Ronald Koeman served for more than two seasons. The club didn't disappear from the face of the earth. Maybe we will never know all the reasons for Bosz leaving other than Dortmund are a much bigger club than Ajax (and has just as screwed up a Board of Directors given how Tuchel was shown the door after two pretty good seasons).

I'm not exactly sure what the Bosz philosophy was. I certainly saw more attractive football than the last three years FdB was in charge but it certainly was not consistent. His benching of Tete for Veltman was quite strange and now there is not a chance that Tete stays with the club. He wasn't afraid to bring in young players but once he settled on a starting 11 there were seldom any changes to it. I'm not sure he was an adept tactician either and his substitution patters were just strange.

It's water under the bridge and Ajax will still be playing football next year. At least I won't have to see that gray scarf any longer; it was getting tiresome.

Tomy14

Bericht door Tomy14 » ma jun 05, 2017 7:20 pm

Sad to see Bosz go after only one season! I think he did very well for us since he brought Ajax back to the European map after reaching the Europa League final. Lets be honest no one ever thought any Dutch club would ever reach a European cup final again especially now that football is all about money but he did and what a way to do it, in his first year with 17 year old De Ligt and Kluivert. We managed to get second place in the Eredivisie with 81 points, more than all the previous years that De Boer was the manager which had us being champions. If Ajax didn't go so far in their European campaign there was no doubt in my mind that we were gonna win the title.

Van Der Saar and Overmars should have tried everything in their power to keep him for at least one more year in Amsterdam and then go from there.

They made the mistake to let him go, now do the logical thing and replace him with only Roger Schmidt.

Plaats reactie