Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: Ajax Coaches

Bericht door SPL » wo jun 07, 2017 5:29 pm

Thought it was well known Marcel Keizer is nephew of the great Piet.

Stam will stay in England ,think he is using Reading as a stepping stone to a EPL club.

Last year ,under him,Jong Ajax played dreadful boring football. Really hope he doesn't come back

Tomy14

Bericht door Tomy14 » do jun 08, 2017 7:05 am

It is beyond me when i hear people saying that De Boer was a top manager for us! Yes he did win 4 in a row but we are forgetting who he won against. Fword was on the brink of bankruptcy, psv being dreadful so there was no one else but us. Embarrassing eliminations in Europe with some awful football....

Why did we do this to ourself!! For the first time in a long time we had something good to build upon and instead of us worrying about Sanchez, Dolberg or any other of our players leaving we make the idiotic decision and let our manager go because he doesn't see eye to eye with Bergkamp :confused.gif: :confused.gif:

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do jun 08, 2017 7:24 am

Ajax are expected to name a manager by the weekend, let's pray that Reading's phone is off the hook the next few days. Jaap Stam will be a disaster, apparently he is the preferred choice for Marc Overmars, another one that needs to go.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do jun 08, 2017 1:30 pm

Jaap Stam's agent has confirmed the will not return to Ajax and will stay in Reading next season. Big sigh of relief!

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » do jun 08, 2017 1:48 pm

Ayman schreef:Jaap Stam's agent has confirmed the will not return to Ajax and will stay in Reading next season. Big sigh of relief!
Yessss!!
Marcel Keizer should just be the man.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » do jun 08, 2017 2:22 pm

Should we create a "Welcome Marcel Keizer" post already? :ajaxscarf.gif:
May the Force be with you

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » do jun 08, 2017 5:58 pm

What if he says no? "I'm busy with Jong Ajax" ;)

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za jun 10, 2017 6:29 pm

Ronald Koeman has recommended Michael Laudrup as the next Ajax coach. Fat chance of that happening!

Sandro

Bericht door Sandro » za jun 10, 2017 6:34 pm

It seems a lot of us agree now that Laudrup should be the man. But.......why?

And why would he wanna be the new Ajax coach?
"Hate it or love it, the underdog's on top".

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jun 10, 2017 6:57 pm

Sandro_Calaaabro schreef:It seems a lot of us agree now that Laudrup should be the man. But.......why?

And why would he wanna be the new Ajax coach?
Qatar is not the place to be living right now given what is going on politically. That might be one good reason. I thought he did a pretty good job running Swansea when he was in charge but that he took the big money and moved to the middle east and this might be the real reason he won't be considered: http://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/04/27 ... mbassador/
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Tomy14

Bericht door Tomy14 » zo jun 11, 2017 8:34 pm

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » zo jun 11, 2017 9:33 pm

I can understand these sentiments buth I'm not so pessimistic.

Also Amin Younes has positive stories about Bergkamp (and about Overmars):
https://www.ajaxshowtime.com/article/bi ... -te-denken

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » di jun 13, 2017 3:15 pm

keizer it is

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di jun 13, 2017 3:44 pm

Marcel Keizer is set to be announced as new manager of Ajax. Deal almost done. [@VI_nl] https://t.co/AKgW037iOJ

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di jun 13, 2017 8:11 pm

Ajax under-19 head coach Aron Winter is likely to join Keizer's first team staff as assistant manager. #ajax https://t.co/wA5LtT1Bij

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jun 13, 2017 10:01 pm

This is going to be an exciting season!!! let's hope that the Klaassen money can be used for some good players and that Ajax can hang onto everyone else.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jun 13, 2017 10:28 pm

Great news about Keizer.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » di jun 13, 2017 11:07 pm

I like the idea of promoting Keizer to the first team. He played wonderful football in Jong Ajax. Certainly I am afraid that he might not be up for the job. Heard that his assistants are the same as always (a gentleman called Bergkamp and another lad called Spijkerman) plus Aaron Winter. Keizer and Winter don't have huge experience and I would rather we hired a more experienced assistant manager. Anyway, let's hope he can build on the style we had last year, cause a change of style during the summer won't do us any good. We'll have the same problems we had last year against Paok and Rostov...
May the Force be with you

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di jun 13, 2017 11:35 pm

souras84 schreef:I like the idea of promoting Keizer to the first team. He played wonderful football in Jong Ajax. Certainly I am afraid that he might not be up for the job. Heard that his assistants are the same as always (a gentleman called Bergkamp and another lad called Spijkerman) plus Aaron Winter. Keizer and Winter don't have huge experience and I would rather we hired a more experienced assistant manager. Anyway, let's hope he can build on the style we had last year, cause a change of style during the summer won't do us any good. We'll have the same problems we had last year against Paok and Rostov...
I think Peter Bosz already laid the foundation of the football team.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za jun 17, 2017 3:45 pm

I am sceptical about Marcel Keizer's appointment, I am uncomfortable with dynasties & former Ajax players at the helm at Ajax. Imagine if Erik ten Hag was related to an Ajax player of the 70s would they have overlooked him, despite him having experience and somewhat proving himself at a certain level?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jun 17, 2017 6:28 pm

I welcome him due to the way Jong Ajax played last season. Of course for many games he had v d Beek,Nouri and de Jong controlling games in midfield.These 3 were far too good for that league.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jun 17, 2017 9:13 pm

There have been 14 trainers since van Gaal left for Barcelona. Of those, the following all had playing time at Ajax: Morten Olsen, Jan Wouters, Ronald Koeman, Ruud Krol, Danny Blind, Marco van Basten, John van't Schip (interim after Marco resigned), & Frank de Boer. Koeman and de Boer were successful; Olsen ran into bad luck because of the de Boer brothers antics as they wanted to leave Ajax. The others were not so successful.

Just because there is an Ajax connection is not indicative of how the team will perform.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za jun 17, 2017 11:09 pm

Orange14 schreef:There have been 14 trainers since van Gaal left for Barcelona. Of those, the following all had playing time at Ajax: Morten Olsen, Jan Wouters, Ronald Koeman, Ruud Krol, Danny Blind, Marco van Basten, John van't Schip (interim after Marco resigned), & Frank de Boer. Koeman and de Boer were successful; Olsen ran into bad luck because of the de Boer brothers antics as they wanted to leave Ajax. The others were not so successful.

Just because there is an Ajax connection is not indicative of how the team will perform.
A: Frank de Boer didn't really have a successful time, if you check how he did in Europe, sure 4 eredivisie titles in a row is nice, but counts for nothing, if he didnt do well in Europe
B: Having an Ajax connection gives a sense of entitlement, which could lead to complacency, as you stated most of those with Ajax connections, did poorly at Ajax
C: I can think of three coaches that had spells at Feyenoord as players, AND were successful at Ajax, Johan Cruijff (RIP), Ronald Koeman and of course Peter Bosz, of course this doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, but generally speaking, it's always better to find an adaptable coach.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jun 18, 2017 11:29 am

Winning the title is the no. 1 thing. de Boer was a success 4 titles was great ,shame about the football.

It was really great to get to the Europa Cup final but I would have settled for a quarters or semi if it had meant winning the title. Being in the final bought our club back into world attention but the result the coach has gone, captain gone , most of the rich clubs are circling because we have done well in Europe and want our players. Had we won the title we would not be starting CL in July and I doubt Bosz would have gone and nearly all our squad would have stayed another year.

Cannot compare any of our coaches with V Gaal and imo you cannot compare any coach at any club with the Greatest coach of all time, Rinus Michels.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jun 20, 2017 7:27 pm

Michael Reiziger has returned to us as Jong Ajax coach ,he has signed a 2 year contract. Has been Sparta Rotterdam's no 2 these last 2 years.

Welcome back to another old face.

Plaats reactie