Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 25, 2005 7:01 pm

My favourites would be:

1. Henk ten Cate
2. Co Adriaanse
3. Martin Jol

But Henk ten Cate is the only one who's seriously mentioned as a candidate in the press.

I would not be in favour of Danny Blind (I think we really need a 'big shot' now).

K.
Still alive...

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » vr feb 25, 2005 8:38 pm

Excellent news that is long overdue.Goodbye Mr.Koeman, a good few beers will be sunk tonight in Kent.

Anyway the campaign to get Koeman out is over,we are now starting the GET GUUS HIDDINK IN campaign.Whos with me on this one??????
Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.....

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » vr feb 25, 2005 8:44 pm

Hiddink? No fucking way!

Bielsa, Ten Cate, or Jol.
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

ajaxnumberone
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxnumberone » vr feb 25, 2005 8:54 pm

Henk ten Cate oops i don't know this guy, Could u give me more details about his job
I know Martin Jol but he's current Spur's coach ! I like this guy too because he likes attacking football. But I dun like Co Adriaanse !
:aai:

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » vr feb 25, 2005 9:07 pm

Hiddink is definatley the best option available at the moment because-

1-He is capable of getting players of limited ability to perform as a team and to there full potential.

2-He has a good knowledge of many leagues.

3-He is his own man and would start kicking the arses of the board which is long overdue.

4-He would come to us as we ARE a bigger club than P$V.

5-He would sort out the so called "superstars"ie vdv and concentrate on being a team.The current P$V team dont have a this type of player.

6-His teams DO play attractive football.South Korea were fantastic to watch and the work ethic and motivation they demonstrated was excellent.We could really do with some of that.

7-If he came to us it waould also f**k up P$V as well so its a double whammy.

8-He has never scored a dodgy free kick against England.

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » vr feb 25, 2005 9:12 pm

Martin Jol should not even be considered with hair and teeth like that.He looks like the Troll from under the bridge.

Bericht door 343 » vr feb 25, 2005 9:14 pm

pizza 5 schreef:Martin Jol should not even be considered with hair and teeth like that.He looks like the Troll from under the bridge.
Are you a relative of Jorien van den Herik?

Sir Alex Ferguson

Bericht door Sir Alex Ferguson » vr feb 25, 2005 9:32 pm

I understand a well equipped coach with strong Italian connections is now available.Claudio Ranieri may be involved in a job swap with Mr Koeman?

Has that one got legs?

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » vr feb 25, 2005 9:33 pm

Errrr......I dont know him but probably I am.

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » vr feb 25, 2005 9:39 pm

Guus has legs,so thats another positive.Unlike Mr.Rosales.

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » vr feb 25, 2005 9:54 pm

Presumably all you guys who now want Co back will also want Koeman back again in three years time?

Apparantly Neil Warnock has been linked with the job and is quoted as saying "Never mind all these bloody kids and the training academy,just hoof it up into there box"

DanK

Bericht door DanK » vr feb 25, 2005 10:00 pm

If only van Basten didn't become Holland coach...

I can't see anyway that Hiddink will want to go to Ajax. Why leave when PSV are doing well enough in the Champions League? The only reason I could see him moving would be for a tough challenge. I am sure he would be up for it, but just cant see him moving across.

Martin Jol, could be an interesting pickup as would be ten cate.

I just hope we get someone who will bring back the flare and passion...its been awhile.

Whats Huub Stevens up to these days???

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » vr feb 25, 2005 10:21 pm

A few other coaches linked with the Ajax job have also commented-

Ian Dowie "Do Ajax have enough bounsebackability?"

Kevin Keegan "I would love it......if we beat them"

Bobby Robson "Has anybody seen my slippers"

Gerard Houlier "Now is not the time Kato"

Glen Hoddle "No you mis-understand,not all people with disabilities......."

Martin Jol (aka Shrek) "Can donkey be my assistant coach"

Ron Atkinson "No I dont like Holland,its full of lazy n......."

Pope John Paul "Yeah man,Amstedam is cool with a great relaxed attitude to sex and drugs"

George Bush "Didnt we recently bomb there?"

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » vr feb 25, 2005 10:23 pm

Sir Alex Ferguson schreef:I understand a well equipped coach with strong Italian connections is now available.Claudio Ranieri may be involved in a job swap with Mr Koeman?

Has that one got legs?
Ranieri has been let go from Valencia, It's on UEFA.com. Koeman probably packed his bags last night and is on his way to Schipol right now for the direct flight to Valencia!

Sir Alex Ferguson

Bericht door Sir Alex Ferguson » vr feb 25, 2005 10:31 pm

Pizza 5 There are one or two possible coaches you chose to leave out.

1-Graham-Do I not like that- Taylor

2-Roy-I have a lisp-Hodgson

3-Ron-I am not a racist-Atkinson

4-Roy-I am not a comedian-Kinnear

5-Monsieur Jacques-I can speak quickly, but choose to talk like a twat-Santini.

Oh so much choice-But which one will your Board go for?

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » za feb 26, 2005 10:38 am

Wouldn't it be more sense if we employed a new TD first as I would have thought any new prospective coach would be very wary about joining us with that post left vacacant.
BTW I am all for Judas returning in the position of TD but am very concerned that the twats that make up our board will approach him to become our new coach.
Laatst gewijzigd door Over Pasanens Head op za feb 26, 2005 11:00 am, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » za feb 26, 2005 10:43 am

There are reports in the dutch press that Ajax is having talks with Jol and that Jol hasn't said no yet..
I think I lost my fucking headache

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » za feb 26, 2005 11:02 am

My money is on a Judas/Neeskens dream team as no other bugger will join us at the moment.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Sir Alex Ferguson

Bericht door Sir Alex Ferguson » za feb 26, 2005 12:26 pm

In order to get the best from one of your quality players, namely Rosales, surely you need a manager who can stand toe to toe and eyeball him on occasions.

I would therefore suggest somebody well qualified but also extemely short would fit the bill.

How about;

1-Diego Maradonna-Not only short but a good role model to young players and I am sure could bring some good shit with him.

2-Dennis Wise-Short and stupid only limiting factor -no talent and completely mad.

3-Dave Harry Bassett-Could become Coach or Technical Director-Poor at both roles but has failed consistently in England.

4-Dennis Waterman-can play and sing both the theme tunes, and has been quoted as saying "I could be so good for you".

5-Gordon Strachan-Short and calm with a strong international pedigree with Scotland.

I will keep adding to the list and there is no charge.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za feb 26, 2005 3:18 pm

Not that Koeman's gone, it's speculation time...

Here's a quick round-up.

Almost immediately after Koeman reigned, Dutch football reporter Jack van Gelder said in the daily NOS Sportjournaal that there are three candidates for the job:

1. Danny Blind
2. Henk ten Cate (former head-coach of NAC, Amsterdammer, currently Frank Rijkaard's second man at Barcelona)
3. Gerard van der Lem (Van Gaal's assistant in the 'Golden Years', then coach of Young Ajax, currently cashing in in Saudi Arabia)

Gerard van der Lem was the guest in football talkshow Voetbal Insite on RTL5 the next day. He said that Ajax did not contact him. He also said that Ten Cate and Blind are "not very happy" about the fact that the press keep mentioning them as candidates (?).

Meanwhile, general director Arie van Eijden was quoted on online news portal Nu.nl saying that Ajax wish to assign a new head-coach and a new technical director at the same time: "We want a successor for Koeman as soon as possible, we're already working on it. Obviously, though, it depends on the availability of the candidates."

Van Eijden also said that Johan Cruyff will advise Ajax in their search and he kind of admitted that he's already talked to Cruyff.

The rumours that Ronald Koeman will sign at Valencia were already there, but now that Rainieri has been sacked the Spanish press seem absolutely convinced that he will join Valencia soon.

One of the most interesting articles appeared in newspaper De Telegraaf. They claim that Martin Jol (former player of Den Haag, former coach of RKC, now in charge of Tottenham Hotspur) is the number one candidate for the job. De Telegraaf report that Jol is "interested". His contract at Spurs will expire in June and the first talks have reportedly already taken place. If Ajax manage to sign him up, he will finish the season at Spurs and Ajax will finish the season with Krol/Bruin Slot at the helm.

Ajax's number two candidate, accoring to De Telegraaf, is Henk ten Cate. The paper claims that only if both Jol and Ten Cate can not be contracted, Blind will be in the picture.

Another, rather surprising name, was mentioned by Mari-Carmen Oudendijk, the host of Ajax talkshow FC Godenzonen on AT5. She claims that Ajax are also thinking about Michael Laudrup, who played for Ajax in 1997-1998 and is currently doing very well as head-coach of Brøndby in Denmark.

Right... Speculations, speculations. Jol or Ten Cate would be a very good idea. Laudrup? No idea. Blind? Not ready if you ask me.

K.
Still alive...

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » za feb 26, 2005 4:38 pm

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Johan Neeskens.

Not only is he cooler than Jose Mourinio, he's a well-'ard bastard with it.

Can you imagine Sneijder giving him shit? Young Wesley would be lucky to escape without a broken nose.

Eric

Bericht door Eric » za feb 26, 2005 4:43 pm

I guess you haven't seen NEC playing while Neeskens was headcoach over there...

I would be happy to break Wes' nose to straighten him out. And I am a lot cheaper than Johan, I can tell you that.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be.

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » za feb 26, 2005 6:15 pm

What about Ten Cate to coach the team, calling upon his sidekick Neeskens when certain 'neuzen' need some physical attention?
Eric schreef:I am a lot cheaper
My attorney has the nerve to call himself 'cheap' ?!?
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

Sir Alex Ferguson

Bericht door Sir Alex Ferguson » za feb 26, 2005 7:12 pm

An article in the Manchester Evening news last night indicates that paul bosvelt is leaving Manchester City this summer. How about Kevin Keegan as TD and Paul Bosvelt as head coach? They have lots of experience and at least they have worked together.

peter
Site Admin & Toto winner WC 2006, EC 2008

Bericht door peter » za feb 26, 2005 7:51 pm

You must be joking, right?

Paul Bosvelt? Forget 'bout it.

Plaats reactie