Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

martinkohout

Re: Ajax Coaches

Bericht door martinkohout » vr mei 29, 2009 10:52 pm

Wow. That's... I don't really know what to say, except that the Seventies were a rough decade for a lot of people.

Nice 'stache, though. :drecul.gif:
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr mei 29, 2009 11:02 pm

Seems that Ajax have taken our friend ZoufdeHaas's advice

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/ov ... x_Jol.html

( :smallgrin.gif: do I win a prize :drecul.gif: )
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » vr mei 29, 2009 11:15 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:Seems that Ajax have taken our friend ZoufdeHaas's advice
Brilliant!!! :drecul.gif: :drecul.gif: :drecul.gif:

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za mei 30, 2009 4:20 am

Haha, nicely done.

Just thought I'd finally chip in to say I'm also pleased with Jol being appointed. At last, a manager and not an ex-player! Brilliant.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za mei 30, 2009 6:45 am

SE6Ajacied schreef:Seems that Ajax have taken our friend ZoufdeHaas's advice

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/ov ... x_Jol.html

( :smallgrin.gif: do I win a prize :drecul.gif: )

Finally!!! :biggrin.gif:
Get a Cock

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » za mei 30, 2009 10:07 am

Ex-Spurs boss to block Arsenal transfer deal?

Martin Jol's appointment as Ajax manager couldn't have come at a worse time for Arsenal.

Just as the Gunners get close to finalising a £7.5m deal to take Ajax centre back Thomas Vermaelen to the Emirates Stadium, the ex-Spurs boss arrives and puts a spanner in the works.

It's understood that Jol has spoken of his admiration of the 23-year-old Belgium international to his board of directors and consequently it looks likely that Vermaelen will stay put for one more year at least.

Ajaxfanuk

Bericht door Ajaxfanuk » za mei 30, 2009 11:31 am

Van basten schreef:Ex-Spurs boss to block Arsenal transfer deal?

Martin Jol's appointment as Ajax manager couldn't have come at a worse time for Arsenal.

Just as the Gunners get close to finalising a £7.5m deal to take Ajax centre back Thomas Vermaelen to the Emirates Stadium, the ex-Spurs boss arrives and puts a spanner in the works.

It's understood that Jol has spoken of his admiration of the 23-year-old Belgium international to his board of directors and consequently it looks likely that Vermaelen will stay put for one more year at least.
BOOYA!
Wit-rood-wit zit in ons bloed! We zijn de beste en zo goed. Ik spring me hele leven lang, voor: Ajax Amsterdam!

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za mei 30, 2009 12:16 pm

I'd have loved to see the look on Arsene Wenger's puss. Probably looked like someone heavily starched his tidy whities
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za mei 30, 2009 12:47 pm

Let's hope he takes just as hard a line on Suarez!!!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » za mei 30, 2009 4:08 pm

Orange14 schreef:Let's hope he takes just as hard a line on Suarez!!!
Yesh!!! :blub.gif: :blub.gif: :blub.gif:

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » za mei 30, 2009 5:08 pm

Van basten schreef:Ex-Spurs boss to block Arsenal transfer deal?

Too bad, we can use the money and Vermaelen is not especially talented.
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

DanK

Bericht door DanK » za mei 30, 2009 7:04 pm

De Dominee schreef: Too bad, we can use the money and Vermaelen is not especially talented.
And I thought it was just me that thought that? Good but not great. We can replace with better.

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » za mei 30, 2009 7:05 pm

De Dominee schreef:Too bad, we can use the money and Vermaelen is not especially talented.
No offense, but I think I'll take Jol's word on this one.

Also, according to sportinglife.com, we don't have to worry about at least one potential expenditure:

"Hamburg will not demand compensation from Ajax, concluding after the Dutch club's announcement on Tuesday that 'it would be for the best if we went our separate ways' despite Jol having a year left on his contract."

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za mei 30, 2009 8:10 pm

DanK schreef:
De Dominee schreef: Too bad, we can use the money and Vermaelen is not especially talented.
And I thought it was just me that thought that? Good but not great. We can replace with better.
I disagree here. We don't have a left fullback on the team that can compete with Vermaelen and this is one of the more difficult positions to fill. Does anyone want to see Urby move back there? :confused.gif: We've also tried Vertonghen at the position and he's marginally better but not as good as Vermaelen (who is still young and starts for the Belgium NT).
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » za mei 30, 2009 10:43 pm

DanK schreef:
I can't say I see it that way. I thought he was our best defender for much of the season. Besides, who would replace him? Braafheid? I don't think he's any better.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » di okt 27, 2009 8:20 am

Just something was discussing with a mate the other day and touched on in Joung Ajax thread but our number of injuries are way lower for this time of season than in last few seasons.

Players definitely look fitter, so wonder if Jol has brought in different training techniques. Also appears to be less injuries sustained on training ground too.

Definitely something has changed and so far it looks to be working
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » di jan 19, 2010 7:16 pm

This is probably old news for the rest of you, but I just saw the interview with Martin Jol in the January 2010 issue of FourFourTwo. Understandably, given that it's FFT, there's a lot of emphasis on England and his time with Spurs.

I thought this was the most interesting paragraph (he was asked how he plans to address the failures of recent years): "Like Spurs, Ajax has a definite style of play which has made them famous. At both clubs some managers have tried to implement their own ideas, but this hardly ever worked out.... The Ajax style also evolves around wing play. Anyone who tried to change that has sooner or later been kicked out. You have to respect the culture of the club. When I came here this summer there was only one winger, Dennis Rommedahl. Even the people inside the club have erred by buying players like Luis Suarez and Miralem Sulejmani. They are good players, but they're not the traditional kind of players Ajax used to sign. At the academy we are currently nurturing eight talented young wingers, who have special training by Dennis Bergkamp, Bryan Roy and Wim Jonk to bring back the proper Ajax style within a few years."

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di jan 19, 2010 7:58 pm

mako schreef:This is probably old news for the rest of you, but I just saw the interview with Martin Jol in the January 2010 issue of FourFourTwo. Understandably, given that it's FFT, there's a lot of emphasis on England and his time with Spurs.

I thought this was the most interesting paragraph (he was asked how he plans to address the failures of recent years): "Like Spurs, Ajax has a definite style of play which has made them famous. At both clubs some managers have tried to implement their own ideas, but this hardly ever worked out.... The Ajax style also evolves around wing play. Anyone who tried to change that has sooner or later been kicked out. You have to respect the culture of the club. When I came here this summer there was only one winger, Dennis Rommedahl. Even the people inside the club have erred by buying players like Luis Suarez and Miralem Sulejmani. They are good players, but they're not the traditional kind of players Ajax used to sign. At the academy we are currently nurturing eight talented young wingers, who have special training by Dennis Bergkamp, Bryan Roy and Wim Jonk to bring back the proper Ajax style within a few years."
I don't like the reference to Suarez, which could be misinterpreted (even though I don't think it's a big insult or anything), but I do feel a small tinge of optimism hearing Jol talk like that.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di jan 19, 2010 8:31 pm

"At the academy we are currently nurturing eight talented young wingers, who have special training by Dennis Bergkamp, Bryan Roy and Wim Jonk to bring back the proper Ajax style within a few years"

Wow. Almost brought tears to my eyes remembering what Ajax used to be and needs to be.

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » di jan 19, 2010 8:33 pm

aveslacker schreef:
mako schreef:This is probably old news for the rest of you, but I just saw the interview with Martin Jol in the January 2010 issue of FourFourTwo. Understandably, given that it's FFT, there's a lot of emphasis on England and his time with Spurs.

I don't like the reference to Suarez, which could be misinterpreted (even though I don't think it's a big insult or anything), but I do feel a small tinge of optimism hearing Jol talk like that.
I had the same reaction, but like you am choosing to focus on the upside. :smile-ajax.gif:

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr jan 22, 2010 9:06 pm

I'll gladly cling to any bit of optimism at this point !! Thanks for posting the FFT article. :biggthumpup.gif:
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » vr feb 05, 2010 3:30 pm

Well I have been hearing that both Sulejmani and Aissatti have both really fallen from grace with our esteemed manager.

Not impressed with their lack of effort and attitude in general Jol had them both doing a little piece of good old fashioned training - both had to run up and down the steps of the ArenA 30 times each whilst rest of squad trained as normal.

Nice to see an Ajax manager willing to impose himself and remind our overpaid pampered little friends what a priveleged life they lead and a wee bit of effort on the pitch would be appreciated now and again.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do feb 18, 2010 10:58 am

From UEFA.com :
"No matter the situation, our goal at Ajax is to be the best in Holland," Jol said. "That is almost a cliche because we have only been champions twice in the last ten years. You don't only want to be champions of Holland but you also need to get into the Champions League – that's the ultimate goal. In the last five or six years it hasn't been the case and it's a craving for Ajax fans – and we have many around the world – to get back to that level."
Appie, stay strong !

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » zo mei 02, 2010 6:29 pm

A little over eleven months ago, when BMJ was first hired, someone posted this:
We'll have a great six or seven months and then it will all go to shit.

Welcome, Koeman mk. II.
I think it's fair to say things have worked out rather differently. Congrats to Jol and the club for an amazing season. Couldn't quite take the league, but a remarkable run nonetheless. And, like many others, I'm feeling good about the future, too.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma mei 03, 2010 11:36 am

mako schreef:A little over eleven months ago, when BMJ was first hired, someone posted this:
We'll have a great six or seven months and then it will all go to shit.

Welcome, Koeman mk. II.
I think it's fair to say things have worked out rather differently. Congrats to Jol and the club for an amazing season. Couldn't quite take the league, but a remarkable run nonetheless. And, like many others, I'm feeling good about the future, too.
Do we all think that Jol will be around for another year or two? I'd heard rumors that he may jump ship, but I can't really see it happening.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Plaats reactie