Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

martinkohout

Re: Ajax Coaches

Bericht door martinkohout » ma mei 11, 2009 7:58 pm

GangstaRiB schreef:Rijkaard is named to be coach of Man. City.
Whoa. Don't want to get too far off-topic, but I confess I don't really follow the Premier League... I know the expectations at Man City were high (unjustifiably so, IMHO), but is Hughes already (on the way) out?
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di mei 12, 2009 1:14 am

Co Adriaanse is experienced , yes, but not sure if he is a step forward or a step back.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

ajaxusa
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » di mei 12, 2009 1:44 am

Based strictly on how friendly they were to me personally, Co is the best coach Ajax have ever had. He is the "Joey Didulica" of coaches. I've either interviewed or asked for a photo with each of them since Van Gaal, and Co was by far the friendliest, most relaxed and accessible. To be fair, Van Gaal was really nice to Sean, but he wasn't head coach at the time.

I think there are much better ways of assessing a coach's overall value. I just wanted to give Co his props for being a nice guy. :biggthumpup.gif:
Mark it 8, Dude.

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » di mei 12, 2009 8:47 am

Mako, every football journo and pundit in the UK agrees that Manchester City will have a new coach for next season, and several newspapers have reported that that person will be Frank Rijkaard.

Ajax voorzitter Rik van den Boog has said that he approached Rijkaard but he "understands that Rijkaard has other plans for next season." So though the evidence is still circumstantial it is beginning to pile up.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » di mei 12, 2009 10:16 am

Blind3 schreef:Co Adriaanse is experienced , yes, but not sure if he is a step forward or a step back.
That questions is on everybody's mind right now.

He will, 100% sure, will establish better football, meaning: play like a team with an idea and clear objectives for each player.

On the other hand, how will drop-outs react when there are left out of the squad? Adriaanse doesn't have as much compassion than other trainers. How will players react under the pretty tight regime?

He has proven his qualities at other clubs. Now its time to take revenge on his previous periode at Ajax.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di mei 12, 2009 12:02 pm

according to Dutch papers, Co Adriaanse is getting closer
Appie, stay strong !

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » di mei 12, 2009 12:18 pm

philippe schreef:according to Dutch papers, Co Adriaanse is getting closer
Good News :ajaxsmiley.gif:
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di mei 12, 2009 3:41 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:
philippe schreef:according to Dutch papers, Co Adriaanse is getting closer
Good News :ajaxsmiley.gif:
Very happy about this. :onfire.gif:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Ajaxfanuk

Bericht door Ajaxfanuk » di mei 12, 2009 4:32 pm

I have only one thing to say about Co coming back...Surely it wont happen...Life is just not that kind!!!

He would get the best out of our tbh mediocre squad, he'd be good with the younguns too! Shame Suarez, Steks n Vermaelen might leave but he would be the perfect guy to negotiate these problems. Couldnt see MVB dealing with losing key men.

I just wanna know our new manager NOW i hate waiting hahaha!
Wit-rood-wit zit in ons bloed! We zijn de beste en zo goed. Ik spring me hele leven lang, voor: Ajax Amsterdam!

jamie

Bericht door jamie » wo mei 13, 2009 12:48 am

Co is no longer an option. He declined for the position according to Dutch media.

Ajaxfanuk

Bericht door Ajaxfanuk » wo mei 13, 2009 1:06 am

jamie schreef:Co is no longer an option. He declined for the position according to Dutch media.
My point exactly...football is unkind :(
Wit-rood-wit zit in ons bloed! We zijn de beste en zo goed. Ik spring me hele leven lang, voor: Ajax Amsterdam!

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » wo mei 13, 2009 1:38 am

jamie schreef:Co is no longer an option. He declined for the position according to Dutch media.
Well, crap. How reliable is this info? You guys really got my hopes up with this one....

jamie

Bericht door jamie » wo mei 13, 2009 1:56 am

Its very reliable. Its in one the largest Dutch newspapers. Apparently he wants some time to think about his future. (Like a sabbatical) http://www.sportwereld.nl/voetbal/clubd ... ax_af.html

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » wo mei 13, 2009 2:40 am

And Rummenigge remains optimistic that Bayern will sign Van Gaal, despite stories yesterday that the deal was about to fall through.

So if Van Gaal, Adriaanse, and Rijkaard are indeed all off the table - which may or may not be the case - who's next in line?

jamie

Bericht door jamie » wo mei 13, 2009 2:58 am

The obvious names the are currently circulating are Koeman, Blind and Jans. Is Rijkaard definitely off the table? Personally I hope that none of those become coach. There was also some talk about Advocaat however I read a report in the papers in which he states that he has no interest whatsoever to coach again in Holland. It seems he wants to do the Belgium national coach gig. That does not leave many well known Dutch managers for the position. Hiddink wont do it either. Perhaps Jol could be approached but I am not a big fan on him and he is still under contract at Hamburg.

The problem which I have with foreign coaches is that I am afraid that they won't have the intention to stay with us for a long time and end up leaving rather quickly. I mean, lets be honest, the Eredivisie is not really the Valhalla for big name foreign coaches unless they have a connection with Ajax. That would lead you to foreign coaches such as Michael Laudrup or Olsen.

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » wo mei 13, 2009 3:55 am

jamie schreef:The obvious names the are currently circulating are Koeman, Blind and Jans.
I think the posters here have already made their feelings pretty clear about Koeman....
jamie schreef: Is Rijkaard definitely off the table?
No idea, but The Purple Cow posted that he's being tipped for Man City next year.

jamie

Bericht door jamie » wo mei 13, 2009 4:16 am

I am also not really a fan of Koeman but I would prefer him over Danny Blind any day.

Fact remains that we need a new coach quickly as he needs to be involved with purchasing new players and doing an inventory of the current squad. I am pretty sure that if Co would have been available that he would have been the next coach. But what now??

I think that Ajax will look at foreign managers now but who would be willing to take this task. In the Dutch section some people are mentioning some really big names but I just don't see any reason why they would want to come here. No CL football next year and the salaries that they are used to are most likely much higher then what Ajax is willing to pay. Guys like Scolari or Erikkson (just as examples) are IMHO out of our reach. Some others suggested Wenger but I just don't see that happening.

We need to be realistic. We all love Ajax here and most of us remember 1995 like as it was yesterday however if you just look at the simple facts, we are the third ranked team in what many people consider a "mickey mouse" league. If you don't have an Ajax connection then why would you be so eager to coach Ajax as a foreigner? If we are to look for foreign managers then we should perhaps look at those who are working in the smaller leagues but have shown high quality skills and work at building teams and good football. It won't be easy to scout for coaches like that. Or you try to find a coach like McLaren who is looking to proof something and away from his country (and press).

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » wo mei 13, 2009 9:57 am

How's about Sven-Göran? He's available... :blush.gif:

On a more serious note. I think that the criteria should be understanding of the Ajax legacy but not necessarily to much strings to it. Bringing back rebounders and old stars haven't exactly proven its worth in the last couple of years.

How about snatching the Groningen coach? He seems to be doing a good job. At least from what I see from the outside. Or is he too weak to take the Ajax pressure?
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Frans

Bericht door Frans » wo mei 13, 2009 10:48 am

Per schreef:...

How about snatching the Groningen coach? He seems to be doing a good job. At least from what I see from the outside. Or is he too weak to take the Ajax pressure?
That's Leander's choice...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » wo mei 13, 2009 11:15 am

Frans schreef:
Per schreef:...

That's Leander's choice...
He also seems to have a bit of a personality about him that I like. We could do worse (and have).

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » wo mei 13, 2009 12:15 pm

Sad having to reveal my ignorance but who is Leander? Do you mean the journalist at guardian? And if so, what's the relevance that it is "his choice"? (not trying to be pushy, but I don't get the essence of your post)
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mei 13, 2009 2:28 pm

Just posted this in the Other Eredivisie Teams thread, but it's also relevant to this thread, so I'll post it again...

AZ will now go after Co (now that Louis van Gaal has signed at Bayern Munich). For sure.

If he says no to Ajax but yes to AZ, he really is mad. He's a God over there. Everybody loves him. He can only lose, unless he wins another title with them (which ain't gonna happen: now that Van Gaal is gone, they'll probably lose El Hamdaoui, Schaars, De Zeeuw and Dembele as well...).

Ajax is where Co has something to win. And something to prove. At AZ thing can only go downhill; at Ajax the exact opposite is the case.

It's funny: the Dutch papers all write that Co turned Ajax down. Not true. They also write that Ajax have now deleted his name from their wishlist. Not true, either. Just read the reports. Ajax called him, Co said "I want to focus on Salzburg now and after that I need some time to think about my future." Ajax's answer: "We respect that."

I wouldn't be surprised if Rik van den Boog talks to a few other people - and then goes back to Co.

K.
Still alive...

Jeroen126

Bericht door Jeroen126 » wo mei 13, 2009 2:34 pm

That's not entirely true, Ko. He's also told AZ he won't be signing for them, same reason: his contract at Red Bull ends on the first of June and after that he wants a good, long vacation to recharge the battery and think things through. He says managing is too tiring to start all over again so soon. (Source: http://www.sportweek.nl/voetbal/96080/E ... d_aan_doen)

Everything can still happen ofcourse, but i wouldn't put my money on it. However, Co's a very idle man, so if Rik can suck up to him in the right way - and there's gonna have to be some serious butt kissing - it could all still happen.
Laatst gewijzigd door Jeroen126 op wo mei 13, 2009 2:41 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » wo mei 13, 2009 2:37 pm

34 will always be with us

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » wo mei 13, 2009 3:47 pm

That news is already known in Holland.

Adriaanse says that he will turn down Ajax and AZ at the moment.
He wants to focus on his job at Salzburg, then take 4 or 5 weeks vacation and then consider the options.

Ajax doesn't want to wait that long, so I think they will go for somebody else.

Adriaanse's spokeman said by the way that Adriaanse will choose for Ajax, if Ajax and AZ are calling him at the same time. So Ajax is ahead, but I don't know if they want to wait for Co.

Plaats reactie