Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: Ajax Coaches

Bericht door Orange14 » wo apr 30, 2014 1:11 pm

I got these two links from another forum I'm on and they are very good analyses:

http://smcb1997.wordpress.com/2014/01/2 ... ive-phase/
http://smcb1997.wordpress.com/2014/04/1 ... k-de-boer/

Personally I think FdB will stay with Ajax because he wants to prove something in Europe especially after the bad loss to RB Salzburg.

EDIT ADDED: Spurs have posted a note on their website that the club has not made any outreach to "any other club" about talking to a manager. Perhaps this is all a non-issue now.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » do mei 01, 2014 11:31 am

if you believe that, you believe anything... id sooner trust Ajax and de Boer himself, rather than Levy...

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » vr mei 02, 2014 1:48 pm

http://www.football-oranje.com/cruyff-w ... r-departs/ this is probably the best backup plan ever imagined at ajax. I admire martinez hugely, very hard working and a student of the game. However I don't see us paying ransom for a coach to a premier League club.
Godenzonen

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » za mei 03, 2014 9:47 am

I don't know why he would come to Amsterdam if Frank leaves. Seems the traffic is all the other direction these days.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » za mei 03, 2014 2:04 pm

The article explains that he is very good friends with cruyff as the reason he might be interested.
Godenzonen

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » ma mei 05, 2014 8:44 am

I expect de Boer to leave this summer. This is just my feeling—I don't think job loyalty is a factor but the preference for him to stay in Amsterdam with his family may be...?

Given our poor football this season it's going to be a real challenge to defend the title and/or make any progress in Europe, especially if we lose some more experienced players e.g. Schöne and Moisander. For de Boer's career it makes sense for him to leave as the manager who took Ajax to four consecutive titles rather than wait until it all falls apart.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma mei 05, 2014 9:18 am

Wow ! Many on this forum seem so depressed it feels like if we did not win the championship.
Cheer up, supporters !
Enjoy the summer break.
Appie, stay strong !

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma mei 05, 2014 12:45 pm

philippe schreef:Wow ! Many on this forum seem so depressed it feels like if we did not win the championship.
Cheer up, supporters !
Enjoy the summer break.
I'm not depressed at all! I think that FdB did a magnificent job with the available players after Alderwiereld (who may end up with a CL ring!) and Eriksen left. He had to deal with a mediocre midfield and no real goal scoring threat.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » ma mei 05, 2014 5:49 pm

philippe schreef:Wow ! Many on this forum seem so depressed it feels like if we did not win the championship.
Cheer up, supporters !
Enjoy the summer break.
Philippe....what is there to get so cheerful about? Yes, we've come out top of a sub-standard league, the level dropping every season! As I commented after the NEC match, "This "team" that FDB has created seem to know more about going backwards than forwards....when they are one goal up, they start to defend, whenever the goal was scored!!! Because they are not good enough to do this...very few teams in the world being good enough to "defend" a one goal lead, they lose posession and the goal advantage!!!
If they're "good" enough to score one, why don't they go forward and "try" to get another instead of playing this boring possession rubbish!!! I know the old addage of "if you've got the ball, they can't score", but you have to KEEP the ball....if they were good enough they'd have done that against AC Milan!!!

Well, I've had my say....there'll be no seat booked for me next season....I'll still follow on TV, but I can't justify the expense of a season card!!! Sad, after four title wins, but the standard of football has really plummeted...."

:confused.gif: :confused.gif: :confused.gif: :confused.gif: :confused.gif:
34 will always be with us

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mei 05, 2014 7:44 pm

Well I am delighted we are champs but our football has not been that great this season and we have struggled to score goals . FDB has done a great job this season to get us to win the title but the standard of the league has fallen this season.

I quess the last 3 games has left me flat . Zwolle thrashed us and the fans were a disgrace. The Heracles game
was basically fixed with both sides at 1-1 and the finish was dreadful. Finally I had hoped for a good win v NEC but another inept performance.

Looking forward we are going to lose experience players this summer and may well just replace them with youngsters.We are going to struggle more next season and making the last 16 in the CL will be a struggle with this squad.

It does seem that he is looking to go and clearly job loyalty does not seem to be a factor.

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » ma mei 05, 2014 8:56 pm

I think FDB is no fool and knows he would never get long enough to build a team at Spurs as trigger happy Levy will not be able to help himself and sack him before he has completed a full season. He will get offers from much better clubs if he sits tight and bides his time. In addition to the players who would follow him if he does go, who from the coaching team will go with him, and who would get his job?
Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.....

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mei 27, 2014 7:25 pm

Panic over Spurs have signed Southampton's Pochettino as coach and so Frank stays as expected.
Also Jong Ajax coach could be Jaap Stam. This would be a good move as Jong Ajax wont have many players over 20 and I am sure Jaap will be a great benefit to their development.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 28, 2014 12:28 pm

Jaap Stam is the new coach for Jong Ajax,with Andries Ulderink ex GAEagles and de Graafschap coach and current Ajax scout as his assistant. He will not get his Diploma to be a head coach until next year so Ulderink is technically head coach.They have agreed a 2 year deal for the job.

This is great for the club and the development of our Jong Ajax players.Developing 18 and 19 year olds for the first team with Stam in charge of them. I cannot think of a better senario.Even better if Jaap does stay 2 years in charge of them.By then if Frank leaves Jaap will be ready to take over for the firsts.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » wo mei 28, 2014 2:44 pm

excellent news all-round.... :smile-ajax.gif:

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr okt 10, 2014 3:58 am

Seems the folks at Soccernet think better of Frank than we sometimes do. They named him the 15th best manager in Europe. It's a tough crowd, too, as the guy who just won the World Cup could only manage 13th, three spots behind Everton's coach.

http://www.espnfc.us/blog/espn-fc-unite ... l-managers
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo nov 12, 2014 3:16 pm

I think its time for Frank de Boer to leave and coach the Dutch national side. Dennis Bergkamp can replace him :smile-ajax.gif:

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo nov 12, 2014 3:40 pm

@Ayman - who manages the team when they have to fly to an away match as Bergkamp has a fear of flying?

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do nov 13, 2014 8:59 am

How many matches fall into that category? Not too many, I'd imagine. I guess those trips to Russia, but everything else he can manage with having to leave a day early at the worst.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr dec 19, 2014 1:08 pm

Well I see where FdB is saying that yesterday's performance was a total "off day" on the part of the players. I'm pretty tired of this lame excuse and FdB's refusal to acknowledge that he did not get his team ready to play from both a tactical and motivational perspective. I admire the fact that he has brought four straight league titles to the club but his poor results in all knock out competitions CL, EL, & Beker cup (don't count the Cruyff match at the beginning of the season as that's really unimportant) reflects badly on him.

I don't think that he really has a tactical clue about how his team should play. We've seen only a single approach, "build from the back" and if that doesn't work, do it some more. There is no awareness about how to increase space in the midfield and the contrast between Vitesse and Ajax last night was stark. the only time the club gets into any type of free wheeling offense is when they have a two goal lead the opponents are stretched or when the opponent has a man sent off. this club really cannot win close matches at all and when they give up a quick 2 goals there is no way the get back into the match.

If a manager cannot accept his own limitation and try to change or even worse blames the players it's time to leave. Personally I don't think FdB is capable of managing a bigger club but maybe that's a minority view. He's under contract until 2018 and maybe the Board will accept this year as an outlier and look eagerly to the arrival of Nouri, van Beek and the other youth players that are percolating up the ranks. I worry about their ultimate development if they are forced into this current Ajax tactical set up.

It's time to go Frank.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » vr dec 19, 2014 3:32 pm

What do you reckon he said at half time last night? "No worries, just keep going like you were!"?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr dec 19, 2014 8:10 pm

I regularly click the translate button and read our Dutch mates comments . Being Dutch they all speak and read english and they read our comments (without needing a translate button) and Orange 14's post today above has been read and posted on the Dutch site under last nights game. Orange you may like to use the translate button and read their comments.( assuming you don't know Dutch )

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr dec 19, 2014 9:28 pm

@SPL - My Dutch is passable and probably would markedly improve if I moved to Amsterdam. :ajaxsmiley.gif: I saw the comments that you pointed me toward and they are interesting. I do try to read the game discussions on the Dutch thread as they are as passionate as we are. Sometimes we see a trainer improve over time but I just haven't seen this happen with FdB. We'll see how the club does in the 2nd half of the season. If they go out to Legia in the EL I think my view will be proven correct.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » vr dec 19, 2014 11:54 pm

Orange14 schreef: It's time to go Frank.
And then, what's the plan?
Let's face it: when you have a coach who won 4 championships in a row, the chance to have a weaker trainer afterwards is higher than having a genius that would win the Europa League... (I guess you don't want a new trainer just to win the KNVB Cup ?...)
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za dec 20, 2014 1:10 pm

@Cedric - don't get me wrong, I admire FdB for a lot of what he has done over the last four years. Certainly some things such as the salary cap and the transfer policy are beyond his control. We know he wanted to bring Theo Janssen into the team but then could not figure out how to use him but I'm unsure what role/input he had in terms of the other transfers. Maybe Overmars is the key figure there. My principal complaints are with his tactical approach to the game which has not evolved since he took over the club four years ago. We have seen this in both league and knock out matches where the club goes out and cannot adapt when an opponent figures out how to properly press. The results are endless back passes between the two central defenders and the keeper with a resultant failure to move the ball into the attacking third. I think there was just a single shot on frame the other night and that came from Milik's free kick. Is this proper football?

Do I have any thoughts on a new trainer? Unfortunately not and I don't know if the club would even consider going outside of Ajax for one. My post was more of a provocative nature, expressing some built up frustration.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za dec 20, 2014 1:29 pm

just going out but apologies Orange in assuming you needed translate to read our Dutch mates.I wonder how many more on the English site can read Dutch !

Plaats reactie