Former Ajax Players

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » wo apr 06, 2005 8:07 am

Make of this what you will....From Sky Sports....

Dutch eye Kluivert coup
by Graeme Bailey - created on 6 Apr 2005

AZ Alkmaar are ready to move for Newcastle’s Patrick Kluivert.
The Dutch outfit have been the surprise package in De Eredivisie this season and they look all set to claim second place and a shock place in the UEFA Champions League.
Louis van Gaal has already been confirmed as coach for next season and in Dirk Scheringa — they have the wealthiest chairman in Holland.
Now AZ are fighting to hold on to current stars Joris Mathijsen, Denny Landzaat and Jan Kromkamp and they feel attracting other big names could be the best way of keeping their current prized assets.
Kluivert signed for Newcastle on a three-year deal but it had a clause in it which allowed either party to bring it to an end this summer.
Newcastle boss Graeme Souness has already admitted that Kluivert is playing for his future and with the news Alan Shearer is staying on, the chances of the former Barcelona star staying at St James’ Park appear remote.
AZ are now hoping they could persuade Kluivert to return to Holland for the first time since 1997 when he left Ajax for Milan.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo apr 06, 2005 9:52 am

from uefa.com : dickhead likes dickhead
:nooo: "Ibrahimovic has only sweet words for the coach, who also attempted to sign him two years ago when he was at AS Roma. "I feel that I'm improving as a player under Capello," he said. "I am playing better at Juventus than I did at Ajax because here I can develop my qualities and play exactly how I like to play. I have space and I feel the full trust of the coach and the club." "

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » wo apr 06, 2005 10:14 am

philippe schreef:from uefa.com : dickhead likes dickhead
:nooo: "Ibrahimovic has only sweet words for the coach, who also attempted to sign him two years ago when he was at AS Roma. "I feel that I'm improving as a player under Capello," he said. "I am playing better at Juventus than I did at Ajax because here I can develop my qualities and play exactly how I like to play. I have space and I feel the full trust of the coach and the club." "
Hmm...I thought he was completely out of it against Liverpool (shot against post and one good backheel excepted).

BPBlueSox
Contacteer:

Bericht door BPBlueSox » wo apr 06, 2005 11:26 am

Manneken Pis schreef:Make of this what you will....From Sky Sports....

Dutch eye Kluivert coup
by Graeme Bailey - created on 6 Apr 2005

AZ Alkmaar are ready to move for Newcastle’s Patrick Kluivert.
The Dutch outfit have been the surprise package in De Eredivisie this season and they look all set to claim second place and a shock place in the UEFA Champions League.
Louis van Gaal has already been confirmed as coach for next season and in Dirk Scheringa — they have the wealthiest chairman in Holland.
Now AZ are fighting to hold on to current stars Joris Mathijsen, Denny Landzaat and Jan Kromkamp and they feel attracting other big names could be the best way of keeping their current prized assets.
Kluivert signed for Newcastle on a three-year deal but it had a clause in it which allowed either party to bring it to an end this summer.
Newcastle boss Graeme Souness has already admitted that Kluivert is playing for his future and with the news Alan Shearer is staying on, the chances of the former Barcelona star staying at St James’ Park appear remote.
AZ are now hoping they could persuade Kluivert to return to Holland for the first time since 1997 when he left Ajax for Milan.
Interesting news. thanks for posting it

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo apr 06, 2005 11:48 am

Klivert has not set the Premiership alight and will almost certainly leave Newcastle.

We were discussing him the other day at a game and came to the conclusion that he has never really reached his full potential. In fact my friends and I believe the peak of his career was scoring that goal in 1995!

Yes he has a good record for Holland but he never did much at Milan and overall at Barca he did not score the goals he should have done.

Maybe the death in that car accident has had a lasting effect.

He was also too young to go to Italy.

I am sure there will be some comments from the rest of you!!

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » wo apr 06, 2005 11:57 am

SPL schreef: We were discussing him the other day at a game and came to the conclusion that he has never really reached his full potential. In fact my friends and I believe the peak of his career was scoring that goal in 1995!
The question is who from the 1995 CL winning team reached their potential?
Seedorf two more CL winners medals, but the rest? between them they won the odd national league competition across Europe, but that's about it....as for their success with Holland.....

Too much, too young.

Frans

Bericht door Frans » wo apr 06, 2005 12:18 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:
SPL schreef: We were discussing him the other day at a game and came to the conclusion that he has never really reached his full potential. In fact my friends and I believe the peak of his career was scoring that goal in 1995!
The question is who from the 1995 CL winning team reached their potential?
Seedorf two more CL winners medals, but the rest? between them they won the odd national league competition across Europe, but that's about it....as for their success with Holland.....

Too much, too young.
Doesn't winning a champions league count as reaching your potential?

Anyway, I'm sure they all did alright for themselves.

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » wo apr 06, 2005 3:30 pm

philippe schreef: "I feel that I'm improving as a player under Capello," he said. "I am playing better at Juventus than I did at Ajax because here I can develop my qualities and play exactly how I like to play. I have space and I feel the full trust of the coach and the club." "
Zlatan was also interview in Swedish TV before the game and said about the same there. But he also added some interesting facts: At Ajax he was told that he didn't shoot enough and that he did this and that wrong, but that was it; No one did anything about it. In Juve he has been told the same things (for example that he needs to shoot more), but unlike at Ajax he can spend whole trainings in front of goal shooting, while the other players are training as usual.

This made me think about what Menno (it was you wasn't it?) said about Koeman's way of developing his players. Same training and running all the time. No individual development what so ever. And it seems to be the exact same thing Zlatan feels now that he's been with Juve for some months.
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do apr 07, 2005 12:32 am

Have just spent an enjoyable if somewhat boozy evening in London with a Swansea City supporting friend at the launch of a new "Fever Pitch" style Swansea City fans book. Seems Mr Jan Molby ex player of old is still something of a hero in those parts from his days as manager.

Very irrelevant I know but I've had a beer and wanted to share this revelation :bier: :bier: :bier: :blub:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do apr 07, 2005 7:52 am

SE6Ajacied schreef:Have just spent an enjoyable if somewhat boozy evening in London with a Swansea City supporting friend at the launch of a new "Fever Pitch" style Swansea City fans book. Seems Mr Jan Molby ex player of old is still something of a hero in those parts from his days as manager.

Very irrelevant I know but I've had a beer and wanted to share this revelation :bier: :bier: :bier: :blub:
FWIW, and to go further off topic, my father in law is a policeman in Swansea, and has some crazy stories to tell about the Swansea City - Cardiff City matches. Not for the faint of heart. Soul crew= tough guys.

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » do apr 07, 2005 10:02 am

Kluivert's son Justin is in the same class at school as my kids, and I see Patrick about once a week. If I remember I'll ask him about AZ next time I see him.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do apr 07, 2005 12:16 pm

FYI....from "Sportnetwork.net" whatever that is:

Litmanen rejects Ajax
By Brenz - April 7 2005

Finnish legend Jari Litmanen has rejected a offer from Ajax manager Danny Blind to become his new assistent manager. Litmanen has no intention of quiting football already.

The 34 year old midfielder signed a contract with Bundesliga outfit Hansa Rostock in January that will keep him there till the summer of 2006. Hansa Rostock are fighting against relegation but since the arrival of Litmanen things are getting better.

It seems Litmanen is willing to take the assistent job at Ajax but after he finished his playing career.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do apr 07, 2005 12:18 pm

....and another one from "Sportnetwork.net".....

Blind want Davids back at Ajax
By Brenz - April 7 2005

New Ajax manager Danny Blind has stated he would be very happy if Edgar Davids returned to his hometown Amsterdam next season. The manager is presently very active in seeking new enforcements for coming season.

Blind is looking to add some more experience to his very young squad of players. A player like Davids fits the bill perfectly and Blind would relish a chance of making him the new leader of his Ajax.

"When I look towards next season I know we need a experienced player, a leader. It would only benefit us that Davids has a Ajax background." He went on: "If you look at PSV there are the more experienced players like Cocu and Van Bommel the key to succes." Stated Blind in todays 'De Telegraaf'.

At present Davids is already keeping himself fit in Amsterdam, the city where he was born. He left Inter Milan earlier this week with a statement he would never play for Inter again.

ajaxusa
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

How Mido won a nation's hearts

Bericht door ajaxusa » vr apr 08, 2005 5:19 pm

How Mido won a nation's hearts
By Raoul Simons, Evening Standard, in Cairo - 8 April 2005

He's put his bad-boy image behind him and is making a big impression at Spurs, but in Egypt the powerful striker is already a hero.

=> Full story

Manneken Pis

Re: How Mido won a nation's hearts

Bericht door Manneken Pis » vr apr 08, 2005 6:29 pm

ajaxusa schreef:[He's put his bad-boy image behind him and is making a big impression at ...................
Yaaaaawwwwwwwnnnnnnn

Just like at Amsterdam, Celta Vigo, Marseilles, Roma.............

Anybody want to bet a beer at next year's Ajax USA's Rendezvous he's at least on the transfer list at Spurs????

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Dennis Bergkamp

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 12, 2005 4:26 pm

How many times did we hear this in the past five, six years...?

http://www.voetbalbelgie.be/nl/article.php?id=968

(It's in Dutch, but I'm sure you'll get the point...)

By the way: is it true that Arsenal are not renewing his contract because his salary is too high...? I though he was going to sign a deal for another season... Did Arsenal say 'no'?

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Serginho Greene

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr apr 15, 2005 10:02 am

Did you see this...?

http://www.uefa.com/footballcentral/new ... 95594.html

Greene is on his way to De Kuip. I never saw much of him when he played for Young Ajax, but I saw him in action for RKC a few times and I must say he looked very good. This may be a good move by Feyenerd. Greene is most definitely better than Gyan, for example. And if the fans are to be believed their new Swedish guy, Östlund, is not exactly a revelation either.

Typical, though: Gullit gets a big sack full of euros from the board, he buys Östlund and a few months later they sign Greene. They keep flushing money down the toilet, as they obviously can't play 'em both.

K.
Still alive...

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » vr apr 15, 2005 11:40 am

From Sportnetwork.net, so don't know the validity (hence I'm putting here rather than the 'New players for Ajax' ;) ).
Davids isn't news, and the Andy vd Meyde does'nt make sense given the number of players we have on the right flank.

Ajax move for Inter pair
By European Football - April 15 2005

Premiership targets Inter Milan pair Edgar Davids and Andy van der Meyde, are set to be the targets of an ambitious move by Dutch club Ajax. Davids will definitely be leaving Inter in the summer after a massive falling out.

Where as Van der Meyde, is likely to be part of a massive planned clear out at the Italian giants.

Ajax have already publicly confirmed there interest in Edgar Davids and is expected to do the same with regards to Van der Meyde within the next few days.

However Inter could yet cloud the water, it is believed that they have offered Edgar Davids to Chelsea in part exchange for Veron, if this is the case then it will fall to Davids himself to kick up a fuss if he wants to return home. Something he has often demonstrated that he is more than capable of doing.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr apr 15, 2005 2:13 pm

Question,where is a 32 year old midfielder more likely to feature? Chelsea, who don't care if they're 150 mil in short term (so the press says) red ink, but buy whomever they want, or Ajax? RE: AvdM, unless Ajax play on a firesale at right wing,why spend euros better spent on good fullbacks, a striker,and a midfield hard man.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr apr 15, 2005 2:16 pm

I forgot about Patrick Kluivert in my last post .He is all of 28 . I feel he is more likely to think he has time left at an EPL level and to hunt a contract there than to return to the Eredivisie.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Dennis Bergkamp

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za apr 16, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: Dennis Bergkamp...

According to Holland's Radio 1 Danny Blind has talked to Dennis Bergkamp on the phone, asking him if he would be up for one final year at Ajax. It is unknown what Bergkamp's answer was...

K.
Still alive...

astabooty
Contacteer:

Bericht door astabooty » zo apr 17, 2005 5:03 pm

Zlatan scored what i believe was his first hat trick in Italy today. Dribbled the keeper, one time finish, and what euosport calls a superb shot into the corner. Very nice!

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » zo apr 17, 2005 5:46 pm

astabooty schreef:Zlatan scored what i believe was his first hat trick in Italy today. Dribbled the keeper, one time finish, and what euosport calls a superb shot into the corner. Very nice!
Actually what I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) his first hat trick ever in professional football. I can't remember that he scored any at Malmö or Ajax.

Edit: In official games that is.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo apr 17, 2005 7:07 pm

The Limecat's sour disposition should be sweetened by Zlatan's 3 in Juve's 5:2 over Lecce. Looking forward to seeing the re-broadcast on GolTV.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » ma apr 18, 2005 7:36 am

Blind3 schreef:The Limecat's sour disposition should be sweetened by Zlatan's 3 in Juve's 5:2 over Lecce. Looking forward to seeing the re-broadcast on GolTV.
The limecat will never be pleased! ;)

Plaats reactie