Former Ajax Players

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

rjf1

Re: Former Ajax Players

Bericht door rjf1 » wo jul 01, 2015 5:37 pm

Wasn't sure whether to post this under 'Ajax Coaches' or here -- but just read that Danny Blind has been named manager of the National team. He was one of my favorite players, but didn't think all that much of him as a manager. Hopefully, he has developed since the time he managed us. Anyway -- best of luck to him, and I hope the team does well with him in charge.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jul 01, 2015 6:30 pm

rjf1 schreef:but didn't think all that much of him as a manager. Hopefully, he has developed since the time he managed us. Anyway -- best of luck to him, and I hope the team does well with him in charge.
I'm not sure he's up to the task and he's really hamstrung with some less than talented players. If Arjen Robben is healthy the team will do well if not, they are likely not to qualify for the Euros.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jul 01, 2015 6:57 pm

Most Dutch experts in the press say Koeman should have been appointed last summer and not Hiddink.Good luck to Danny,think he will need it.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do jul 02, 2015 5:00 am

He was always a guy that I'd hoped would replace DeBoer if/when Frank leaves. I think he was thrown into a bad situation before he was ready when he took the Ajax job, but I'm still not a fan of Koeman as manager. Hopefully Danny will succeed.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jul 02, 2015 9:10 pm

Winston Bogarde looks as if he is returning to us as a coach to the young defenders.He will always be known for being paid by Chelsea for about 3 years and never played a game.He use to travel daily from Amsterdam to train as Chelsea trained next to Heathrow in those days. I believe he gambled all his money away and lost his homes.

Hope this job works out for him .

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » do jul 30, 2015 7:02 pm

''Zlatan Ibrahimovic says he will surprise everyone with his next move when he leaves Paris St Germain''. The Telegraph
So, i guess we have an experencied striker for next year :biggrin.gif:

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » do jul 30, 2015 8:01 pm

Stoke, where all the rainy Thursday evenings are ;)

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » vr jul 31, 2015 7:48 am

Tom_ schreef:Stoke, where all the rainy Thursday evenings are ;)
hey! its not only thursdays we get rain!!! its sunday through to friday too!

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » zo aug 23, 2015 12:37 am

Van basten schreef:''Zlatan Ibrahimovic says he will surprise everyone with his next move when he leaves Paris St Germain''. The Telegraph
So, i guess we have an experencied striker for next year :biggrin.gif:
Would be good to have him back here.
Kind of a stick it up to VdV who opted not to come home.
AJACIED

elliquido

Bericht door elliquido » zo aug 23, 2015 8:02 am

Would-be be nice if he took his friend Maxwell with him :ajaxsmiley.gif:
NOOIT meer Seedorf a.u.b.

Frans

Bericht door Frans » vr aug 28, 2015 9:02 am

Jeffrey Sarpong has made it to New Zealand, signing for Wellington Phoenix who play in the Australian A-League. He's the 2nd ex-Ajax player at the club, joining Roly Bonevacia.

Sarpong made some headlines when he turned down Chelsea when he was 17, along with John Goosens and Vurnon Anita. Since then he played a handful of games for Ajax, before apparently unremarkable spells at NEC, Hercules, NAC and Real Sociedad. Now he's in NZ at only 27.

I know people on this board like to comment on the folly of young players chasing overseas money too early, but there's probably just as many examples of promising youths staying with Ajax before failing to live up to the hype, so we can't necessarily blame players cashing in while they can.

You may recall Sarpong was an attacking midfielder/winger, but the Phoenix staff are hoping to turn him into a striker. Hopefully he does well. Bonevacia was a key player for the team last year after joining, helping them to their best ever season.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » vr aug 28, 2015 9:41 am

Cool info, thanks for posting! :biggthumpup.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr aug 28, 2015 12:25 pm

Good point from Frans about youths staying here and not living up to their promise. 2 examples this week of opposite
paths. Ouasim Bouy who took Juve's gold back in 2012 is joining PEC Zwolle on loan.He is still under contract with Juve until 2017 but he has clearly failed abroad.

No2 example Rodney Sneijder,who like Sarpong could have gone to England has gone from RKC to Almere last year and this summer finally went abroad to Scotland and Dundee u but has a viral infection , his contract cancelled and is now without a club.

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » do sep 10, 2015 7:38 pm

Litmanen 10, the biography of Jari Litmanen has come out in Finland. I understand it will be translated at least to english and dutch.

Probably not as entertaining as the Zlatan book, but still very interesting as even people in Finland don't know Litmanen (his personal life) that well, as he has always been very modest and has stayed away from publicity. Unlike the document film that came out a few years ago, Litmanen himself has been very much involved in this book.
"We're on a mission from God."

Dave the mac

Bericht door Dave the mac » za sep 12, 2015 2:44 am

Am very glad to put Boilesen in this category! Very happy to see Ajax, FdB, finally enforcing the so called 'policy' that if players don't sign an extension of their last year of contract they will not play. Hate to be a hard ass but that's the way the ball bounces. He had a horrible year last season and wanted a big raise...wtf?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za sep 12, 2015 6:03 pm

Agree on Boilesen ,he wanted a raise, turned down another contract,wanted out so let him rot.He wont play in the Jong team either.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr jan 01, 2016 8:26 pm

Reports claim that van der Vaart thought about returning to Ajax, perish the thought! He is way past it. Time for him to hang up his boots.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 01, 2016 9:53 pm

Agree no way would we want v d Vaart back here.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za feb 13, 2016 12:10 pm

Luis Suarez giving an interview in my paper today with ex Liverpool Jamie Carragher. He has no ambition to play in another league and wants to stay at Barca as long as possible. If he ever returned to the EPL it would only be for Liverpool.

However he would love to return and play for Ajax again as we gave him his big break in Europe . Doubt it will happen but still nice to hear him say it.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo feb 14, 2016 9:13 pm

It is about time Jari Litmanen returned to Ajax's coaching staff. He was a very intelligent football player, it was amazing how he had risen to prominence, in his first season, Van Gaal didnt rate him, and put him in the reserves, Jari just pulled his socks up and proved what a classy player he was, and became a regular in the first team the following season.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » ma feb 15, 2016 8:24 am

For me, Jari Litmanen is the Luke Skywalker of Ajax! We have to get him back!
May the Force be with you

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma feb 15, 2016 1:04 pm

I still remember Litamen's bicycle kick for a goal when he was back in Finland near the end of his career. I think he was 35 years old at the time and it was an amazing display of skill for a player of any age.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za feb 27, 2016 8:40 pm

Sanogo scored 3 goals today for Charlton v Reading ,his team lost 4-3. Charlton are bottom of the championship and Reading are not far off the bottom. Probably his level,just thankful Charlton took this guy from us.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 28, 2016 12:36 pm

Seems like Man U will have Timothy Fosu-Mensah as sub today.Only 18 and our biggest mistake at not giving the best 16 year olds a contract.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo feb 28, 2016 2:45 pm

SPL schreef:Seems like Man U will have Timothy Fosu-Mensah as sub today.Only 18 and our biggest mistake at not giving the best 16 year olds a contract.
I think he has a brother who is still in the Ajax youth system, correct?

Plaats reactie