Former Ajax Players

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

souras84

Re: Former Ajax Players

Bericht door souras84 » di dec 03, 2013 6:17 pm

afcajax73 schreef:
souras84 schreef:I wonder why they keep asking Heitinga about a possible return! Who needs him?
i was thinking this earlier, but im still of the firm opinion that he would do a damn good job for us... experience, and still (imo) a good player for the eredivisie.
If he is better than Joris, then you might be right
May the Force be with you

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di dec 03, 2013 7:59 pm

I'm sure that Heitinga will want the maximum salary from Ajax and I don't think he is worth €1M/year. I don't know how much longer his Everton contract has to run but I wouldn't waste any money on a transfer fee if that is requested. It's utterly surprising to me how fast his game has deteriorated. Only two years ago he was voted player of the year by the Everton supporters. Now he doesn't even get off the bench (no starts in the league and only two matches in the Carling Cup). thanks but no thanks!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » di dec 03, 2013 10:51 pm

Orange14 schreef:I'm sure that Heitinga will want the maximum salary from Ajax and I don't think he is worth €1M/year. I don't know how much longer his Everton contract has to run but I wouldn't waste any money on a transfer fee if that is requested. It's utterly surprising to me how fast his game has deteriorated. Only two years ago he was voted player of the year by the Everton supporters. Now he doesn't even get off the bench (no starts in the league and only two matches in the Carling Cup). thanks but no thanks!
It has come out this week that he is leaving Everton, by mutual decision in Jan. and has already stated hes interested in coming Ajax

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di dec 03, 2013 11:27 pm

afcajax73 schreef:
Orange14 schreef:I'm sure that Heitinga will want the maximum salary from Ajax and I don't think he is worth €1M/year. I don't know how much longer his Everton contract has to run but I wouldn't waste any money on a transfer fee if that is requested. It's utterly surprising to me how fast his game has deteriorated. Only two years ago he was voted player of the year by the Everton supporters. Now he doesn't even get off the bench (no starts in the league and only two matches in the Carling Cup). thanks but no thanks!
It has come out this week that he is leaving Everton, by mutual decision in Jan. and has already stated hes interested in coming Ajax
Didn't know that. Will Everton want a transfer fee (even a minimal one)? I also don't want him on a big salary either. If Moisander does leave in June, Heitinga would be a good back up but I think Veltman and Denswill are the central defenders of the future. I really wonder if Heitinga would be happy as a substitute.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo dec 04, 2013 1:06 am

I dont mind him returning to Ajax but aslong as he knows he cant be an automatic starter and only a fringe player.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo dec 04, 2013 12:41 pm

Not an ex player but an ex coach ,but Jol lost his job at Fulham last Sunday ,which was not surprising even to him as they have lost a few games this season and are struggling. Of course its now just about 3 years a go to the week that a struggling Ajax playing poor football had Cruyff making critical comments .Jol got the sack FdB took over .

I have a couple of Fulham mates I tell them Jol is responsible for the current rise of Ajax. He spent on expensive crap players and played rubbish football .And it stirred up Cruyff and as a result our beautiful club is on the way back up.

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » vr dec 06, 2013 2:35 pm

The worst spending period we can all agree was actually the Marco van Basten era. Jol actually had a decent run in 2009-2010, with the club scoring goals on a record breaking pace bu just fell short. His worst buy was probably El Hamdaoui, and even he had a couple of decent games.
Godenzonen

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » vr dec 06, 2013 4:46 pm

true. Suleijmani was if I remember correctly the first major signing van Basten made. Pantelic and Suarez were a great goal scoring duo. Should have won the title with Jol as we won almost every game like 5-0 and twente won their games 1-0.
"We're on a mission from God."

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr dec 06, 2013 7:14 pm

2009/10 under Jol was ok and we lost the title to Twente by 1 point I think.Had we won the title that season things may have gone different in 2010/11 but it all started to go wrong with some poor signings,I think of Atouba,Tainio, Mido , football got poor, Suarez bit a player, and Cruyff spoke up gave the thumbs down and that was the end of Jol.

Agree the worst spending was under MVB and maybe I am being a bit harsh on Jol !

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za dec 21, 2013 2:34 pm

Luis Suarez has two more goals and an assist in the first half against Cardiff. 19 goals so far even missing five matches because of suspension. He's really on fire and Liverpool are playing exciting football.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » za dec 21, 2013 5:26 pm

Orange14 schreef:Luis Suarez has two more goals and an assist in the first half against Cardiff. 19 goals so far even missing five matches because of suspension. He's really on fire and Liverpool are playing exciting football.
And they just extended his contract as well.

Good for him.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo dec 22, 2013 4:47 pm

Suarez is really playing inspired football . He looks the consummate pro and, in Gerrard's absence, consummate captain at the moment . Their demolition of Spurs and much of first half yesterday were works of attacking art .
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » do jan 02, 2014 10:27 pm

So apparently both Everton and West Ham had agreed terms but Heits has rejected the move, saying it's not about the money but it's not the right step for him.

West Ham have only 1 fit first team center half, Heits hasn't played in the EPL all year and would go straight into the team.

I don't understand how that can't be good for him. :confused.gif:
AJACIED

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do jan 02, 2014 10:30 pm

^because West Ham are likely to get relegated and I don't think he wants to play in a lower division. Report I saw is that he might go to Newcastle.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » vr jan 03, 2014 10:55 am

id agree there orange, theres a fair chance he would be relegated. but, more to the point.. why would he want to go to newcastle? i dont really see them doing anything at all, if he goes there, he wont play and once again dissapear in to nothingness.. hope that report isnt right, for his sake atleast.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr jan 03, 2014 1:39 pm

Heitinga must be quite delusional. He said one of the reasons for rejecting West Ham is that it would hurt his ability to make the Dutch NT for the WC: http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/16695 ... rn?cc=5901 Heck, at this point he's just not good enough any longer. Veltman is a much better CB than he is.

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » di jan 07, 2014 4:49 am

WRT to Zlatan->
I Am Zlatan Ibrahimovic: A modern fairy tale
He quickly discovered he had been cheated in negotiations – he was Ajax’s worst-paid player. Nor did the club help the teenager adapt to his new country. Sleeping on a mattress on the floor of a rented home, unable to cook for himself, he lost weight and underperformed. Like many young players, he soon realised that the only person in football who might look after you is your agent.
Really?
AJACIED

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di jan 07, 2014 9:04 am

ofey schreef:WRT to Zlatan->
I Am Zlatan Ibrahimovic: A modern fairy tale
He quickly discovered he had been cheated in negotiations – he was Ajax’s worst-paid player. Nor did the club help the teenager adapt to his new country. Sleeping on a mattress on the floor of a rented home, unable to cook for himself, he lost weight and underperformed. Like many young players, he soon realised that the only person in football who might look after you is your agent.
Really?
Probably not.
But he's selling a book so he wants to show how great he is, and it's probably been edited by his agent who wants to show how great he is too.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di jan 07, 2014 10:01 am

Righto, he was 'cheated in negotiations' AND his agent was really trying to look out for him. Makes loads of sense!

Sport biographies, don't waste your time...

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jan 14, 2014 6:59 pm

Clarence Seedorf is the new manager at Milan as Allegri was sacked yesterday.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jan 14, 2014 7:34 pm

Jaap Stam mentioned as his assistant although he may not leave us until the end of the season.Stam has a contract with us until 2016.Other ex Ajax players mentioned as assistants are Kluiverts and Davids.

Stam is doing a good job as defensive coach with us so hope he stays.

On the subject of great ex Ajax players I read that Arie Haan,now 65. has a new coaching job in China.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jan 21, 2014 2:03 pm

Direct quote from ESPN Soccernet, "Toby Alderweireld has hinted that he's not happy at being a reserve for Atletico: "I miss Ajax, the style of play, my ex-teammates. At Atleti, not playing I cannot feel 100 per cent happy. The team is going very well and I will keep fighting for a place, but I do not think it is my fault [not playing]." The Belgian has played in just 10 of 30 games for Atletico this season. Having already played for Ajax this season before making the move to Spain, the only place he can move to is back to the Dutch club on loan, which seems unlikely."

Is anybody surprised?

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » di jan 21, 2014 5:51 pm

No matter how many examples from the past, they never learn. Hope he at least has a good set of tweezers for picking all the bench splinters out of his backside.

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » zo feb 02, 2014 10:13 pm

Free transfer for our former striker - Markus Rosenberg.
31 and he's finished.
Cost Danny Blind €5.3 million to sign him and we sold him to Werder €4million

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... nsent.html

To think he once nearly signed for Liverpool!?
http://metro.co.uk/2012/07/02/markus-ro ... ve-489029/
AJACIED

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » di feb 04, 2014 11:48 pm

"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

Plaats reactie