General Football Discussion

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: General Football Discussion

Bericht door Orange14 » do apr 09, 2020 10:22 pm

Reports are Bundesliga teams are back in training. the plan is to resume and complete the current season beginning in early May. All matches will be played in empty arenas and televised. I've not seen anything about the Eredivisie following this type of plan.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » do apr 09, 2020 11:19 pm

Orange14 schreef:
do apr 09, 2020 10:22 pm
Reports are Bundesliga teams are back in training. the plan is to resume and complete the current season beginning in early May. All matches will be played in empty arenas and televised. I've not seen anything about the Eredivisie following this type of plan.
They want to continue somewhere in June. They follow the UEFA with this after UEFA brought a big thread towards Belgium that all their club teams will be excluded from UEFA competitions next year Champions League and Europa League if they just quit the league.

Dutch football association probably just hopes the government will forbid the football so then it's not their own decision.
Ajax, AZ, PSV, Ado den Haag and many others want to stop the competition, Feyenoord and FC Utrecht want to continue.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » do apr 09, 2020 11:23 pm

Oh by the way Orange14 I PM'ed you a great video with in my opinion fantastic footage.

And have you also this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhlsJo5YxkI

(This was posted by Ajax the day before the game in Bernabeu)

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » za apr 11, 2020 12:58 am

The 5 biggest leagues want to finish their competitions, because they will not receive all the 4 billion euros if they do not:
https://www.nu.nl/voetbal/6043504/topla ... edden.html

England, Spain, Germany, Italy and France need to play because if they do not receive all their tv money almost all clubs will be bankrupt.

UEFA and also FIFA will step in to help them with money, because they still have about 3,1 billion backup which they have stolen from football fans in the recent years.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo apr 12, 2020 5:34 pm

Cruijff schreef:
za apr 11, 2020 12:58 am

UEFA and also FIFA will step in to help them with money, because they still have about 3,1 billion backup which they have stolen from football fans in the recent years.
I just finished a very good book that explores this and other issues related to the geopolitics, economics, and other stuff related to football since the turn of the century. English sportswriter, David Goldblatt's book, "The Age of Football: Soccer and the 21st Century" is really worth reading. He covers every single region, the FIFA scandals, and other stuff. There was a lot of information that was new to me. The Netherlands comes out as one of the better run and less corrupt football associations.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » zo apr 12, 2020 6:02 pm

Orange14 schreef:
zo apr 12, 2020 5:34 pm
Cruijff schreef:
za apr 11, 2020 12:58 am

I just finished a very good book that explores this and other issues related to the geopolitics, economics, and other stuff related to football since the turn of the century. English sportswriter, David Goldblatt's book, "The Age of Football: Soccer and the 21st Century" is really worth reading.
Yes, David Goldblatt's book is absolutely worth reading.
Have you ever read some Simon Kuper books too, by the way?
Orange14 schreef:
zo apr 12, 2020 5:34 pm
He covers every single region, the FIFA scandals, and other stuff. There was a lot of information that was new to me. The Netherlands comes out as one of the better run and less corrupt football associations.
The FIFA and also the UEFA are full of scandals. That goes back to almost all decades, they more or less started with corruption right from the start.
Well, not everybody in The Netherlands is very satisfied about the KNVB, our football association. But perhaps this is also in the Dutch culture, always keep complaining about things and saying that it should be organised better, and then within a few years it will become better. :smile-ajax.gif:

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » zo apr 12, 2020 6:10 pm

If I compare Holland and Belgium, in Belgium by far not all referees can be trusted. All big clubs, (especially!!) Standard, Anderlecht, Club Brugge, Lokeren, FC Antwerp, Moeskroen and many others have all been involved in bribery and black money scandals over and over again.
The history is always repeating. As we speak now there are problems with 7 (!) clubs in the Belgian league.

When Ajax screws up the league title in 2016 against De Graafschap or when Louis van Gaal with AZ Alkmaar only has to beat Excelsior for an Eredivisie title (2007) there is still pretty much drama involved.
But we still see fair games. In the cases I mention Ajax was just really playing shite in an away game at De Graafschap and several Excelsior players (two of them were loaned out by AZ Alkmaar) were just going all the way to beat AZ and they have succeeded.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 21, 2020 7:08 pm

Not sure where to post but Dutch football no longer before 1st September,season is over. Common sense overrules money in the Netherlands. Assume Ajax will get the main CL place with AZ the 2nd place.

Italy Spain and England still blindly thinking they will start in June .With 100's still dying each day not sure what planet they are on.

Germany may start but thats because they prepared themselves, are testing millions, and more on top of it than anywhere else.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do apr 23, 2020 7:14 pm

UEFA say in the event of a season finishing early CL and Europa places for next season to be based on final places .So Ajax will be in CL group,AZ CL qualifiers ,Feyenoord ,PSV and Willem Europa. Could well be RKC and ADO relegated with Cambuur and de Graafschap promoted.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za apr 25, 2020 1:03 pm

Big criticism of Dutch Fa as season is cancelled no promotion or relegation. Utrecht unhappy as they were cup finalists and 6th behind Willem with a game in hand.AZ not happy but they have no legal rights of complaint.We are top and goal difference decides.

Actually with the season cancelled surely last season's rating should count and thus PSV and not AZ should be 2nd CL spot.

I do feel for Cambuur who were well clear at the top and have been denied promotion.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » wo jun 17, 2020 2:16 pm

these are pretty amazing. might go down and check them out. our JC has been included as well

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/news/th ... nds-061620

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr jun 19, 2020 8:23 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I know exactly where Mechanic's Alley is - might have to make a trip.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo aug 02, 2020 4:54 pm

I need some help here, is anyone in touch with Mino Pot? Fox Sports NL has blocked me on Twitter, I am not sure if that is allowed, however, instead of contacting directly, I would like to post it and perhaps get it RT'd to raise the issue on social media, it really stung me when I learned that an organisation of whom I have never tweeted or attacked, just followed, have blocked me.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo aug 02, 2020 5:43 pm

Ayman schreef:
zo aug 02, 2020 4:54 pm
I need some help here, is anyone in touch with Mino Pot? Fox Sports NL has blocked me on Twitter, I am not sure if that is allowed, however, instead of contacting directly, I would like to post it and perhaps get it RT'd to raise the issue on social media, it really stung me when I learned that an organisation of whom I have never tweeted or attacked, just followed, have blocked me.
google 'Menno Pot' and some links to Twitter and Instagram come up. I don't do any of these so cannot tell you whether they are good bad or indifferent ways to contact him.

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » zo aug 02, 2020 6:57 pm

Ayman schreef:I need some help here, is anyone in touch with Mino Pot? Fox Sports NL has blocked me on Twitter, I am not sure if that is allowed, however, instead of contacting directly, I would like to post it and perhaps get it RT'd to raise the issue on social media, it really stung me when I learned that an organisation of whom I have never tweeted or attacked, just followed, have blocked me.
Why do you think Menno can help with this?
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo aug 02, 2020 7:23 pm

raymon schreef:
zo aug 02, 2020 6:57 pm
Ayman schreef:I need some help here, is anyone in touch with Mino Pot? Fox Sports NL has blocked me on Twitter, I am not sure if that is allowed, however, instead of contacting directly, I would like to post it and perhaps get it RT'd to raise the issue on social media, it really stung me when I learned that an organisation of whom I have never tweeted or attacked, just followed, have blocked me.
Why do you think Menno can help with this?
Not just Menno, but high profile or high-ish profile Dutch journalists to RT. He is one of them

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » wo aug 05, 2020 8:48 pm

the dutch champion of the 21/22 season will automatically qualify for the CL. this is confirmed now that besaksehir got knocked out of the europa league. also, unless lyon or napoli win the CL, we are into the group stage automatically, so think we are pretty safe (i do still want to see lyon knock out juve though)

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo aug 05, 2020 8:53 pm

Actually 2020/21 champions now qualify for 21/22 group stages.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » wo aug 05, 2020 9:12 pm

thanks spl, you are right. the article I read had in header 21/22 but then “next season” in the text. let’s see if we’ll win though. I’m more worried about f-word than psv

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo aug 05, 2020 9:24 pm

Cheers ,meant to say great news for Dutch football .Hopefully Ajax will be champs.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do aug 06, 2020 1:40 pm

kezme44 schreef:
wo aug 05, 2020 8:48 pm
the dutch champion of the 21/22 season will automatically qualify for the CL. this is confirmed now that besaksehir got knocked out of the europa league. also, unless lyon or napoli win the CL, we are into the group stage automatically, so think we are pretty safe (i do still want to see lyon knock out juve though)
There shouldn't be a problem as far as Lyon and Napoli are concerned. Especially not Lyon. And yes it would be nice if Ronaldo is denied another CL with a third team, that record belongs to Seedorf!

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma aug 17, 2020 11:39 am

Sounds like Koeman is off to Barça.

Has anybody heard who might replace him as the Dutch national coach?

Or, does anybody have any thoughts on who would be a good candidate?
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma aug 17, 2020 1:08 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:
ma aug 17, 2020 11:39 am
This would be the dumbest move of all time. Barca are almost bankrupt with all the wages they are on the hook for. If they lose match day revenue, I don't see how they balance the books. Even if they do sell players, they won't get much money as there are almost no teams around who will pay full value. No way this team is able to do a refresh this year.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma aug 17, 2020 1:45 pm

Suarez is in talks with Overmars about coming back to Ajax.Barca will probably want 20m but we wont pay that. Messi wants out also.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » ma aug 17, 2020 3:15 pm

Orange14 schreef:
ma aug 17, 2020 1:08 pm
Manneken Pis schreef:
ma aug 17, 2020 11:39 am
This would be the dumbest move of all time. Barca are almost bankrupt with all the wages they are on the hook for. If they lose match day revenue, I don't see how they balance the books. Even if they do sell players, they won't get much money as there are almost no teams around who will pay full value. No way this team is able to do a refresh this year.
completely agree. i thought he had something promising going on with the dutch national team. i guess barca must have thrown money at him.

Plaats reactie