General Football Discussion

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: General Football Discussion

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 27, 2009 10:56 am

Hope Barca win tonight. I cannot stand Ferguson or Man U. They are now talking about being the best team ever. Worked out the starting line tonight cost about £150m with Tevez and Berbatov another £50m on the bench. I would like to think that you could win the CL with that sort of money!

Did any Ajax player in 1971,72 ,73 cost any money? Possibly £150 for Horst Blankenburg and Velibor Vasovic the 2 non dutch maybe !!!!!

Jeroen126

Bericht door Jeroen126 » wo mei 27, 2009 11:42 am

While that is ofcourse true, i don't think you can really blame them for spending the money they have.

Mr_Holte

Bericht door Mr_Holte » wo mei 27, 2009 11:44 am

SPL schreef:Hope Barca win tonight. I cannot stand Ferguson or Man U. They are now talking about being the best team ever. Worked out the starting line tonight cost about £150m with Tevez and Berbatov another £50m on the bench. I would like to think that you could win the CL with that sort of money!

Did any Ajax player in 1971,72 ,73 cost any money? Possibly £150 for Horst Blankenburg and Velibor Vasovic the 2 non dutch maybe !!!!!
I also hate United, but I think if Im honest it's probably more out of envy than anything! Tonight will be one of the few occasions I want them to win. Purely because, it will shut up Blatter, Platini and co, who have been trying to shaft the English for years now, wether it be club or International level. That includes everything from dodgy refereeing decisions, to the way they handle Hooliganism with English fans to our european counterparts. Remember the Chelsea - Barca game? That was a fix in my mind.

Barca have Abidal and Dani Alves missing. 2 key defenders, so I think United will just about do it.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 27, 2009 12:14 pm

I do not blame them for spending money and in fact they do still try and bring British kids through unlike Liverpool Chelsea and Arsenal. I do not envey them although if we had £200m to spend we too would be playing in the final. Just our recent old boys Zlatan, KJH Van der Vaart Sneijder, Chivu, Maxwell ,
and Heits plus Suarez would make us one of the better teams and with £200m we would actually buy a defence.

I just feel they are buying the title but Milan and Real Madrid have done that in the past and I quess we would if we have the money.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » wo mei 27, 2009 12:38 pm

Mr_Holte schreef:Remember the Chelsea - Barca game? That was a fix in my mind.
How can I forget it. One of the most disgraceful displays by a losing side I have ever witnessed. Absolute disgrace. Some of the Chelsea players should pull their heads in.

Of course it was so fixed the ref sent off a Barca defender when he didn't even foul the Chelsea one. Oh wait, that was the plan all along by UEFA to make it look less fixed right?

Maybe if chelsea had actually played football in the away leg, they wouldn't have had to worry about the score at home.

This sums it up nicely imho.
http://player.sbs.com.au/twg#/twg_08/Ex ... ntroversy/

Hopefully the final tonight is a good one. The two best football sides in Europe at the moment. Of course that doesn't mean a good game, but we can hope.

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » wo mei 27, 2009 2:26 pm

SPL schreef:Hope Barca win tonight. I cannot stand Ferguson or Man U.
Me either, but much as I hate to admit it they really are fun to watch - Rooney and Ronaldo and Berbatov running loose up front put on an amazing show, and they've got some Dutch guy in goal who's pretty good, too. :smallgrin.gif:

But Barca is at least as much fun to watch, and I'd be pulling for them anyway, for all kinds of not particularly relevant reasons including historical sympathy with the anti-Franco forces in Spain; the traditional Ajax connections; and the fact that, let's face it, no offense, but would you rather holiday in Barcelona or Manchester?
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo mei 27, 2009 4:47 pm

I think I like MU better. In spite of Ronaldo...
It's always good to see good old Edwin lifting some shield.
Appie, stay strong !

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo mei 27, 2009 7:53 pm

I'll support ManURE on the twelfth of NEVER . Edwin van der Sar or no Edwin van der Sar. Come on Blaugrana .
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 27, 2009 9:42 pm

Magic Messi Brilliant Barca . Manu stuffed . I am very happy.

Jeroen126

Bericht door Jeroen126 » wo mei 27, 2009 9:42 pm

Right, the UEFA tries to shaft English football... By bringing in four English teams in the CL every season :biggthumpup.gif:

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo mei 27, 2009 10:26 pm

Well done Barca! Time to dig out my FCB tie for work tomorrow - I don't work with any Man U fans but still there's bound to be some on the bus to work to wind up......

Very happy with that, Barca aren't exactly my third team but if I had one it would likely be then or the sdaly now gone bust Fisher Athletic (RIP).
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

DanK

Bericht door DanK » wo mei 27, 2009 10:32 pm

Amazing display of football by Barca. They really made Man U look like a 2nd rate side.

Messi is legend, and Ferdinand is still overrated.

Mr_Holte

Bericht door Mr_Holte » wo mei 27, 2009 10:51 pm

Fair play to Barca, they totally out played United, and deserved the win. United just didn't turn up.

Should be a fun day at work tomorrow. :biggrin.gif:

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do mei 28, 2009 2:20 am

The big thing for me was how Barca in a 4-3-3 with two starting backline players totally dominated play. I remember times during this year when Ajax did the same thing in terms of ball possession and control. Our problem was converting things into goals. Barca had no such problems. Classy match by a well coached team.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do mei 28, 2009 7:09 am

Hell yes Barcelona won!!!

Xavi-Iniesta is the ultimate midfield combo..Iniesta is still underrated. He's one of the best midfielders imo.

Screw Man Utd. Apart from VdSar, I have no love for the club. They, along with other 'elite' clubs just show how money is sadly needed nowadays to get anywhere. Luckily, we still have a Barca to prove them wrong.

The CL lately has been mostly a British affair, because they are the teams with money. It's nearly pointless for other teams, even big teams like Bayern Munchen or Lyon, to even compete anymore. Sad thing, hopefully things will change.

Congrats to Barcelona. Played good football, with homegrown talent. Yes they spend money as well, but who doesn't? It's not like they paid heaps of money for overrated, pampered players.

P.S Ronaldo is a lil bitch.
Get a Cock

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do mei 28, 2009 2:15 pm

Trying to shaft the English Mr Holte???

Platini's election platform was less power/money/influence for the big leagues ... it didn't happen.

I don't think the Premiership got less places in the CL ...
I think the medium sized leagues lost places to make room for the little leagues (i.e. more votes for Platini).
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Mr_Holte

Bericht door Mr_Holte » do mei 28, 2009 4:28 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:Trying to shaft the English Mr Holte???

Platini's election platform was less power/money/influence for the big leagues ... it didn't happen.

I don't think the Premiership got less places in the CL ...
I think the medium sized leagues lost places to make room for the little leagues (i.e. more votes for Platini).
United lost fair and square yesterday. No complaints about that. Although I still have my doubts that for the Chelsea game it was 'just a poor ref'.

But thank god those Barca players weren't female cos in 9 months there would be a load of little platini"s crawling about, if he had got any closer he would have been in thier shorts!!

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mei 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Whahahahaha - this is f*cking hilarious...

http://www.theoffside.com/leagues/scott ... tango.html

Brilliant. Hahaha.

K.
Still alive...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do mei 28, 2009 7:48 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Whahahahaha - this is f*cking hilarious...

http://www.theoffside.com/leagues/scott ... tango.html

Brilliant. Hahaha.

K.
LMAO - Only in Scotland.

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » do mei 28, 2009 7:57 pm

You knew it was just a matter of time before Crissy Ronaldo started whining....

"We have to give credit to Barcelona, but they were a bit lucky to be here because Chelsea did not deserve to lose and no-one has mentioned that.

"I have to congratulate Barcelona, they were better, but football is just like this: only the winners get talked about."

WTF? :confused.gif:
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do mei 28, 2009 7:58 pm

Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do mei 28, 2009 9:38 pm

mako schreef:You knew it was just a matter of time before Crissy Ronaldo started whining....

"We have to give credit to Barcelona, but they were a bit lucky to be here because Chelsea did not deserve to lose and no-one has mentioned that.

"I have to congratulate Barcelona, they were better, but football is just like this: only the winners get talked about."

Ronaldo is such a bitch.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » vr mei 29, 2009 10:11 am

All of United's early build up plays were wasted by Ronaldo's selfishness. Always attempted long range shots, never played with the team. He's too self-centered.
Get a Cock

DanK

Bericht door DanK » vr mei 29, 2009 4:46 pm

mako schreef:You knew it was just a matter of time before Crissy Ronaldo started whining....

Wah-wah-wah What a bloody sook. I am sure other teams were unlucky to lose other games as well. Suck it up Princess.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jun 09, 2009 3:46 pm

I really hate the FIFA... They're even worse than the UEFA...

I just read that the ticket allocation for World Cup participants in South Africa will be 12% of the stadium capacity per match. That's in the group stage. In the knock-out stages the two countries will get 8% of the stadium capacity each.

12%...? Hello... Can someone please tell the folks at FIFA that there are only two teams in every match...? They must be thinking that there are six or seven countries playing in every game... That would explain the allocation...

I mean: come on. Less than 25% of the tickets actually go to the fans...? Does anybody still have the illusion that football is the 'game of the people'?

K.
Still alive...

Plaats reactie