General Football Discussion

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » do jun 02, 2005 7:20 pm

Chelsea seem to have made a €100M bid for Adriano. It's becoming insane and pretty frightening.... Where is the limit....
meh :|

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jun 02, 2005 7:25 pm

Well... One day we will crash into the 'limit' -- and the ones at the front of the procession will hit it first.

K.
Still alive...

astabooty
Contacteer:

Bericht door astabooty » vr jun 03, 2005 4:32 am

Carcajou schreef:Chelsea seem to have made a €100M bid for Adriano. It's becoming insane and pretty frightening.... Where is the limit....
Well, hopefully the next 'Adriano' comes from Ajax.

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » vr jun 03, 2005 11:51 am

Hehehe they must be stupid... For 100 mln euro they might to buy 3-4 players as good as Adriano...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » vr jun 03, 2005 12:25 pm

Chelsea should get Fernando Torres or Lukas Poldolski instead if theyre looking for a striker

Even Kuijt isnt that bad!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr jun 03, 2005 12:39 pm

astabooty schreef: Well, hopefully the next 'Adriano' comes from Ajax.
If l'affaire Zlatan is anything to go by, I doubt Ajax would get 100 million for him.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » vr jun 03, 2005 1:10 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Well... One day we will crash into the 'limit' -- and the ones at the front of the procession will hit it first.

K.
Well IMO this already happened a couple of seasons ago when all of a sudden almost all prizes dropped dramatically - with the exception of a few "major" signings of so called Galacticos.

We had major economical crisises in all major leagues (Italy in particular, but also in Spain and England), which stopped the silly tranfer fees of "normal" players.

I feel that this is pretty much still the case on the market, still with the exception of some really silly transfers that are being made by CHelsea and Real Madrid.

Chlesea won't crash into a wall with Roman behind them and the other clubs aren't too keen to follow Roman either so I for one am not that concerned with a crash coming in the near future.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » vr jun 03, 2005 1:23 pm

Per schreef:
Chlesea won't crash into a wall with Roman behind them and the other clubs aren't too keen to follow Roman either
I think that all depends on if our Mr Roman has been a naughty boy or not, and if the Russian authorities can pin something on him.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » vr jun 03, 2005 1:49 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:
Per schreef:
Chlesea won't crash into a wall with Roman behind them and the other clubs aren't too keen to follow Roman either
I think that all depends on if our Mr Roman has been a naughty boy or not, and if the Russian authorities can pin something on him.
*OFF TOPIC*

Roman has been a naughty boy, along with the rest of the oligarcs that got the contractsw for all the oil in former Soviet.

The difference is, Roman is not interested in politics in Russia. Mr Chodorovski broke the silent deal with Putin when he engaged in politics and he got the stick. I don't think any of the other oligarcs will follow.

Story has it that when Putin came into power he met with all the oligarcs and more or less made a deal - I won't pry into how you got your contracts and you won't bother me and my politics.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr jun 03, 2005 2:53 pm

Real Madrid are so keen to off-load Luis Figo that they have already offered him to Middlesbrough and are even prepared to agree to a season-long loan deal, whereby the two clubs would split the cost of his £80,000-a-week salary.
Appie, stay strong !

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » vr jun 03, 2005 8:49 pm

Unlike Khodorkosky he never tried to get involved in politics, so he'll never get in trouble...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » za jun 04, 2005 1:06 pm

Mika Vayrynen goes from Heerenveen to PSV. But I don't know what was the price for him.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za jun 04, 2005 1:20 pm

The Daily Torygraph report that Park is going from PSV to Manchester United for about £3 million (I suppose they're banking on selling more than £3 million worth of shirts in Korea ;) :D ).

Also, Kluivert has signed a 3 year deal with Valencia in Spain
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » zo jun 05, 2005 12:18 pm

Guy Roux (AJ Auxerre's head coach) announced yesterday that yesterday's victory against Sedan in the French Cup final was his last game as Auxerre's coach. This is the end of a fantastic 44 years long career for him. Respect to you Guy, fotball'll miss you.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo jun 05, 2005 12:44 pm

Great man. One of those typical 'old skool' football coaches and genuine club people in the category of - for example - Heerenveen's Foppe de Haan and our own Bobby Haarms. These people are slowly becoming an endagered species. Let's love 'em while they're still here. People like this are the soul of the game.

Hurrah for Monsieur Roux!

K.
Still alive...

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » ma jun 06, 2005 12:27 am

I heared that Koeman might go to Olympiakos. I hate to see him that low. Anybody has any news about him?
May the Force be with you

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma jun 06, 2005 12:51 pm

He cleans my bathroom
Get a Cock

Sir Alex Ferguson

Bericht door Sir Alex Ferguson » ma jun 06, 2005 10:57 pm

K.

I agree wholeheartedly with your comments ref Monsieur Roux.

Do you not feel though that the species you are referring to are becoming endangered due to fans like us, impatient for success and carrying at times unrealistic expectations?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jun 07, 2005 8:54 am

Sir Alex Ferguson schreef: Do you not feel though that the species you are referring to are becoming endangered due to fans like us, impatient for success and carrying at times unrealistic expectations?
Ummm... No?

(guys, what's this bloke on about...?)

K.
Still alive...

Eric

Bericht door Eric » di jun 07, 2005 9:07 am

SAF means that because of the fans demand for quick success, trainers aren't given much time anymore to build a team, not to mention to stay employed at one and the same team for many many years despite the many downs that every team has throughout the years.

Should I worry that SAF made sense to me?
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be.

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » di jun 07, 2005 9:10 am

Still reckon that Pizza 5, SAF and Uncle Festa are the same person as they all talk a lot of gibberish. As such I think that this answers your question Ko.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jun 07, 2005 9:13 am

Eric schreef:SAF means that because of the fans demand for quick success, trainers aren't given much time anymore to build a team, not to mention to stay employed at one and the same team for many many years despite the many downs that every team has throughout the years.

Should I worry that SAF made sense to me?
Not as such, but the point is: I know him (to be precise: a good friend of mine knows him). He's been around for a while and his only purpose on this forum is to needle Ajax fans with remarks about 'playing second fiddle' and 'unrealistically high expectations'. He always does that, and it's a bit boring. That why I won't type more than - say - ten words (and only if he asks me a direct question).

K.
Still alive...

Frans

Bericht door Frans » di jun 07, 2005 9:26 am

Kowalczyk schreef: He's been around for a while and his only purpose on this forum is to needle Ajax fans with remarks about 'playing second fiddle' and 'unrealistically high expectations'. He always does that, and it's a bit boring.
He's been a bit more contemplative and respectful lately. I think he's worried about the Glazer revolution, and all those remarks coming back to haunt him. :yes:

Sir Alex Ferguson

Bericht door Sir Alex Ferguson » di jun 07, 2005 8:15 pm

K,

I think you have a good grasp of my original plot, however I am not as shallow as you may think despite my team of choice.

I do feel that good managers have very limited time nowadays and very little latitude for error.

I will watch Koeman's next appointment with interest and particularly how successful he may yet prove to be.

Moyes was written off at the end of last season by Everton who were questionning his judgement and ability but now hey presto hes the manager of the season.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jun 07, 2005 8:31 pm

Sir Alex Ferguson schreef:I do feel that good managers have very limited time nowadays and very little latitude for error.
That is true. Of course. No disagreement there.
I will watch Koeman's next appointment with interest and particularly how successful he may yet prove to be.
Me too. My bet is that he will fail everywhere and never be a really good coach. He's had two clubs now (Vitesse and Ajax) and at both clubs his signings have been disastrous for at least 75%. Also, he is a very poor 'man-manager', he doesn't talk to his players and - most importantly - he does not have a tactical plan or a philosophy for the club that he genuinely believes in. He always adjusts to the opposition. He can survive for a while that way (if he's lucky he can survive for a very long time, actually), but he'll never build something truly great, simple because it doesn't even seem to be his ambition.

We'll see what happens. Perhaps I'm wrong. I am not saying that he will never win anything. He won the Dutch league with Ajax; he might win the Portugese league with Benfica. Yet, I think he'll never seriously improve a team or an individual player.

I am not the type of supporter that always expects glory, and I am definitely not the type of supporter that always blames the manager. I've been following Ajax since 1985. I've seen many different teams wearing the Ajax jersey: a few were brilliant, many were good, many were ordinary and a few were shit. In those twenty years there were only three coaches (managers) who, in my opinion, were seriously to blame for fucking it all up and leaving an enormous pile of stinking crap behind (making it one hell of a job for his successor to clean up the mess): Kurt Linder (late 1980s), Jan Wouters (1999-2000) and Ronald Koeman (2002-2005). All other coaches I've seen were alright, even though some of them were eventually fired.

K.
Still alive...

Plaats reactie