News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Gesloten
ajaxusa
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

The Return of Louis van Gaal

Bericht door ajaxusa » do okt 09, 2003 10:07 pm

He's ba-ack. Here's a great write-up by Menno: http://www.ajax-usa.com/news/2003-2004/ ... ector.html

mr_cooper

Bericht door mr_cooper » ma okt 13, 2003 10:00 am

Newly appointed Ajax technical director Louis van Gaal displayed the poetic side of his nature during his presentation to the press yesterday. With a self-composed poem the former Ajax trainer expressed his love and devotion for the club.
Van Gaal was also complimentary towards Dutch Legend Johan Cruijff who had advised Ajax to refrain from re-employing the 52-year-old Dutchman, saying that Johan Cruijff was " Ajax's most important football icon"
Van Gaal insisted that he did not give up his ambition to train a club for the next three year to become Ajax's technical director. His fond memories of Ajax and winning the Champions League in 1995 were the reasons for him to decide to end his trainers career and take up the new position.
Regarding the controversy surrounding Cruijff, Van Gaal added that he was willing open to hold talk with Cruijff. " I believe that I have always conducted myself correctly. I am open to people with Cruijff's know-how. What's important is not what Johan and I think. Everything should be in Ajax's interest. In my new position I have to conduct a relationship with all of Ajax's icons. I also respect Johan Cruijff's views. I am somebody that wants to continue to develop himself. You can learn from people with know-how. And that Cruiff possesses know-how is evident. Ajax has many football-icons but Cruijff is the most important. Especially abroad, Ajax and Cruijff are synonym."
At the end of the press conference Van Gaal conjured out a his self composed poem from his jacket pocket which began:
Here with Ajax lays my hart
A fascinating club, always apart
Named by many as sons of god
for me the cradle of football icons
My memories go back to the 'Meer' (former Ajax stadium)
with it's special atmosphere

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di okt 14, 2003 2:43 pm

just hope that his "love and devotion to the club" will not lead to go away and take the about the whole teamwith him this time :blush: … unless in the meantime Ajax wins the CL and plays one final and one semi-final, all in a raw ! :eusa_dance:
Glad he is back ! :worshippy:

Gesloten